TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Shattered Spirit by bronzelord

[Reviews - 6]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 16
Putting on an extra burst of speed, Naruto plunged ahead with a desperate energy he didn’t know he had. He sputtered and heaved, trying to reach the receding figures of his friends, then he fell.
“AH!” He jumped out of bed with a scream, still breathing heavy. He scanned his surroundings, before his foggy brain put everything together. He was in Tazuna-san’s house. With a gentle sigh, he turned to the side and saw a small note.
Your prize for working so diligently yesterday. You are allowed to sleep in. When you wake up, come down to the bridge, and help watch over Tazuna.
Kakashi.
The blond groaned quietly, and rolled to his feet. Quickly he dressed and stepped outside of the room, to see Tsunami.
“Ohayo, Naruto-kun!”
“Ohayo, Tsunami-san.”
“Have some breakfast before you go. Your friends said to let you sleep.” Tsunami handed him a bowl of rice. A quick smile of gratitude later, Naruto dove into his rice with a vengence. Within seconds Naruto finished his bowl and handed it back to her.
“Arigato, Tsunami-san.”
“Ah, Not a problem dear.”
“Ok, I’m heading out.” He said with a quick wave. He ran out of the house and leapt into the closest tree, and began making his way up towards the bridge. The wind blared in his ears, and pushed his hair back. Backflipping off a branch, his eyes cut down at the ground, and saw deep slash marks in the tree below him. His curious nature overpowering his reason, he ducked back down to the ground and ran his fingers over the slash mark. He sighed as he realized it was a blade’s mark. He turned and saw another blade scar in another tree. He looked farther down the way, and paled. The blade marks were fresher as they moved towards the house. He quickly dashed back the way he came.
“Don’t touch him or I’ll kill myself!”
Naruto glowered at the statement, and stood outside waiting for the men to come out. He didn’t have to wait long, the two men walked out with Tsunami behind them.
“What the- Get the hell outta the way brat!” THe bigger one growled. Naruto’s eyes narrowed and became icicle slits.
“And who exactly, is going to make me? You, the big ape, or him, the stick wielding monkey?” Naruto grated, his finger pointing to both of them in turn. The big “Ape”, growled at moved at Naruto before the small one could move. He slashed at him, Naruto calmly sidestepped the blow, and slammed his fist into the man’s jaw. He smiled coldly at the sickening crunch of shattering bone. Then he spun through the punch weaving seals together.
“Wind Style: Violent Gale Palm.” He yelled and heelpalmed the smaller man in the chest balsting him over the house and out of sight. Only once he was sure that the two men were down for the count, did he turn back to Tsunami.
“Are you ok?” Tsunami gave him a small smile, then they both heard a small noise behind them. Naruto snapped his head to the side to see, a small boy standing in the doorway. His eyes were wide and there were tears sliding down his cheeks. Eyes softening upon seeing him, Naruto strode to him and put his hand on his head.
“Heh, I heard you in there? You tried to defend your mom.” He ruffled Inari’s hair fondly, before straightening up and stepping away. Then, he stopped and turned back with a brilliant smile.
“What you did, trying to be brave in the face of danger, thats true strngth. Its that kind of strength that makes heroes, like your dad. Today, Inari you became a hero just like him.” Naruto’s eyes glowed with pride. He fixed his smile on Tsunami.
“Ah, Gomen. But I have to go and make sure that my friends are ok.” He bowed once and leapt into the air.
Sparks flew as the metal weapons clashed between the two ninja, Sasuke and a Masked Hunter nin. Sasuke pushed hard against the boy wielding a long senbon. Scraping the kunai balde along the needle trying to get at the other boy’s fingers. However, everytime the sharp edge approached the boy spun and slammed his weapon back into place. With grit teeth, Sasuke spent all his focus on studying his movements. This time when he slashed at his fingers he anticipated the spin and used the mom entum to force him back hard. He lifted his blade a bit, as the boy steeled himself. Then the masked boy appeared in front of him and slammed his senbon into the kunai with more force than before. Sasuke pushed back just as fiercely. He was about to perform the manuever again, when he saw the boy forming seals with one hand.
“One handed seals?” His eyes widened in amazement as he felt a cold blast of air around him.
“Thousand Water needles of Death.” The masked boy uttered coldly and pushed hard against him. Sasuke saw the needles around him begin to descend at him, he summoned chakra to his legs and pushed himself into the air, narrowly avoiding the skewering needles. When he landed, he straightened up and smirked at the masked boy.
“Sorry, it’ll take a lot more than that to kill an Uchiha.” Sasuke flashed through several seals.
“Fire Style: Great Fireball.” He shot a large fireball at the masked boy. At first he did nothing, then he formed a single seal with his hands. The fireball sputtered into nothingness as a thick ice wall formed in front of him. Eyes wide Sasuke studied the structure in front of him.
“What the-”
“This is my power, Uchiha Sasuke. This is my Gekai Kekkai. The Demon Ice Mirrors.” The boy formed more seals. Suddenly, there were more large ice walls around him and above him. As these walls appeared, sasuke heard Zabuza chuckle from his fight with Kakashi.
“Kakashi, you’re pupils dead now. He may have been able to stay on par with Haku before. But now, now that Haku is using those its not possible for him to win.” The silent killer chuckled from the mists.
Sasuke studied the walls around him, when suddenly they all had the masked boy, Haku in all of them. Even the one facing the ground had a reflection of him int it.
“I’m sorry, but I can’t allow you to win. From here on, is your end.” Each of the twenty one Hakus raised their arms, hands holding senbon. Haku, all of them, launched his projectiles, filling the air with singing metal needles. Sasuke slashed out with his kunai, and dodged to the side, avoiding and knocking many senbon from their deadly path. He raised his eyes and watched the mirrors, and clenched his teeth. Summoning up his chakra, he focused his power to his eyes.
“Sharingan. (Mirror Wheel Eye).” He felt the power stir in him, chakra flowing faster more heatedly. The world seemed to slow and clear up in front of him. He could see event eh most minute details more clearly, seeing the miniscule cracks and flaws on what had appeared earlier as flawless ice. He straightened up and turned slowly, allowing his Sharingan to absorb as much information as possible. The chakra flow from each mirror was the same,a dn there was no way for him to discern which mirror held his prize. He sneered and flashed through his seals again.
“Fire Style: Grand Fireball” This time it was a larger fireball sent at the closest mirror, once again the fireball fizzled out as it hit the mirrors.
Tch, I’m at a major disadvantage here. Gotta escape. He slipped his hand into his pouch, and slipped out a smoke bomb. He slammed the bomb into the ground and ran at full speed at a gap in between mirrors, just as he was getting close he felt pain flare in his shoulder and ducked to the side and saw several senbon hit the ground. As the smoke cleared, he glared at the mirrors trying to uncover their secrets.
“Sasuke-san. I’m coming again.” Haku launched into another attack. Sasuke watched the senbon coming at him. He managed to block the senbon coming at him, and caught a blur of something at the edge of his vision. He stared at the mirror next to where the blur had been.
Haku quelled a spike of fear, as Sasuke stared at the mirror he was currently in. He refocused his chakra, and prepared to jump.
Sasuke saw the movement, saw a blurred movement jumping in and our of mirrors almost instantly one after another. Just seeing the blurs allowed him to more effectively defend himself. He managed to avoid the projectiles and block those he couldn’t. He smirked as the volley came to an end.
“It seems that I am starting to see.”
“It doesn’t matter what you have begun to see, its over. I will win out, and you will fall.” Haku said dispassionately. He raised his hand, the senbon showing quite clearly.
“Forgive the interruption. But who will kill who?” A quiet voice cut across the battle field. Sasuke turned to see the speaker. Naruto was standing just outside mirrors, looking in. Sasuke glared at the blond.
“Naruto stay out there. Its too dangerous.” He hissed. Naruto glared right back and studied the mirrors coldly.
“Hmmm... But its not too dangerous for you?” Sasuke opened his mouth to retort, when senbon screamed down at him. Bringing up his kunai up, he already saw his reactions coming too slow. Then a blast of wind scattered the senbon in every direction, and a blond stood in front of him with his arm swept to his side.
“I don’t think so.” Naruto drawled in a bored way.
“That was foolish. You’ve entered into my domain.” Haku said sadly.
“I don’t think it makes a difference whose domain this is. Because my friend is in danger here, and nothing is going to stop me from protecting him.” Naruto said coldly. Warmth flooded Sasuke, and a small smile slipped out on his face.
“Hn, Nice words Dobe. Anyways, listen. I am starting to see his movements. I just need you to keep his attacks from getting me, I need to adjust to his speed.” Naruto nodded once, and formed a seal.
“Mass Shadow Clone Technique.” Suddenly there were many Naruto everywhere. At some unheard signal all of the Naruto leapt into the air each one targeting a single mirror. Sasuke watched the mirrors carefully and saw a blurred image leap out of mirror and move at another mirror, then fly out at another one. The blurred image took out the shadow clones in a matter of seconds. Naruto came skidding back to stand next to Sasuke.
“Did you see him?”
“No, but my eyes are adjusting faster now. I saw more than just a blur. One more time. And I’ll have him.”
“Alright then. Mass Shadow Clone Technique.” The space was filled with Naruto’s again, and once again they pressed their attack. Sasuke was ready this time he saw Haku move and as he watched the boy move from mirror to mirror, he saw the pattern and formed seals.
“Fire Style: Phoenix Sage Fire Technique.” The fireballs aimed at the mirror exploded just before they hit the mirror. When the smoke cleared, Sasuke saw with much satisfaction that the edges of Haku’s pant legs and right side had been burned slightly. Haku studied himself before speaking.
“Uchiha. You are far more dangerous than I gave you credit for.” Naruto stood directly in front of his friend.
“Dobe. Don’t worry about me. Get ready for the next strike.” Sasuke hissed. Then spun to the left.
“NOW!”
“Shadow Clone Technique.” The mass of Naruto’s appeared again, this time, they all formed seals together.
“Wind Style: Violent Gale Palm.” The explosive force of the wind strikes exploded about and around the ice mirrors, sending all the senbon flying. This time when Haku appeared he had more scorch marks on his clothing, and a few tears. Naruto stood next to his friend protectively, while Sasuke smirked.
“You were right, Haku-san. It is over.” Sasuke said with a smile. Then, the smile disappeared as he saw Haku move out of the mirror. Senbon flew from his grasp from every direction, and Sasuke moved before Naruto could think.
Naruto felt the mighty push, and fell to the side. As he hit the ground he heard the thuds of the senbon hitting their target. Naruto snapped his eyes open and sat up. Horror and bile rose up from his throat.
“Sasuke!” The raven stood tall and proud, but pierce in many places on his body, especially around the base of his neck. The blond jumped to this feet and caught him as he fell forward.
“Sasuke, you stupid stupid idiot! Teme! Why the hell did you do that?! WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING!” He screamed, viciously shaking and slapping the Uchiha. Sasuke grunted in pain, but managed a chuckle.
“Eh, don’t really know, dobe. Just moved. No time for thinking really.” His voice was a hoarse whisper. Naruto felt the brilliant pain flare in his chest as his friend’s face gave one more smile, and gasp before falling silent.
“Sasuke. How the hell am I going to face you family?” Naruto whispered as his tears fell, tears of anguish and loss scoring deep to his soul.
“What kind of ninja are you? You let your emotions show so easily, and you aren’t able to defend your comrade or fulfill your purpose.” The masked boy said quietly from all around him. Something inside of Naruto snapped at that statement. His shaking stopped, and he placed Sasuke gently and closed his eyes.
“You.... You have stolen one of my precious, precious people.” Naruto ground out, through unshed tears. Anger and pain welled inside him, filling him up and sending power through his being. He could feel it, the heat and fury of the otherworldly force pouring out of him like an overfilled cup. He closed his eyes, and followed the throbbing power to its sources deep within himself.
Kyuubi.
Ahh, Well brat its about time.
What are you talking about?
You have finally come to this place. You wish to draw off of my power, no?
Yes. Give it to me.
Heh. Brat there is always a price for everything. Remeber that kid.
Shut the hell up and give me the power, you useless fox.
Hmmm... You are a very interesting kid. Take it brat. We’ll talk later.
Eyes snapping open, Naruto snarled as primeval power exploded from his body. Scarlet chakra spilled from his body with waves of murderous intent.
“Now, I’m going to kill you.” Naruto spoke in a voice as cold as the ice mirrors. He pushed off of the ground flying at the mirror allmost as fast as Haku could move. Haku came out of the mirror and jumped up at another mirror, while throwing senbon at him. Nauto waved his hand at them, and the force of his chakra blasted them backwards. Haku hit the mirror and shot back at another mirror. Just as he was about to hit that mirror, he saw a red coated fist slam into his face. The force of the blow smashed him backwards through a mirror, shattering it. Haku bounced and flew backwards before coming to a halt several hundred feet away.
Haku managed to get up on all fours, to look up at the blond boy, Naruto. The boy hadn’t moved since the punch, instead he glared at the mirrors before screaming. Haku felt the huge explosion of chakra, and witnessed the shattering of every single mirror. The shards flew outwards from the enraged boy. Only, once the hated mirrors had been dealt with did he turn back to him. By then, Haku had managed to return to his feet. A wry smile cutting across his face, as he heard his mask cracking. Then the blond was flying at him, his fist raised about to deal the death blow, when his mask fell. Haku closed his eyes waiting for the oblivion.
Gomen Nasai, Zabuza-san. I have failed.
Haku waited for a few seconds more before, he heard the boy speak.
“You... Why are you?” Haku opened his eyes to see the blond boy with tears on his face.
“Why are you here?” A sad smile gracing his face, he spoke quietly.
“Naruto-kun, Kill me.”