TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Shattered Spirit by bronzelord

[Reviews - 6]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 11
“Sasuke, Why does Naruto hate me?” Sakura asked with a pained expression.
“Sakura, I don’t think that he hates you. I think that he just has no idea what he wants to think about you.” He said gently, putting his hand on hers. Naruto burst in the door, and cocked his head at Sasuke.
“So, are you making a move on her, or is she just playing with me?” He said as he moved across the room, ignoring Sasuke’s exasperated look.
“Neither, you just have the most horrible timing.” Sasuke said.
“Really, why? Were you going to kiss her.” Naruto asked, suddenly interested. He grinned as the two of them lit up like red light bulbs. Sasuke pulled his hand from Sakura’s and looked pointed in another direction.
Heh, this is an interesting turn of events. Naruto thought as he watched the two blush and stare in opposite directions.
Well, even if she is a fan girl. I’ll have to tolerate her. Apparently Sasuke likes her. He smiled at the couple’s discomfort.
“So, Sakura. What do you like to do?” Naruto asked out of pity and boredom.
“uh... I like to read and ... I like to practice ninjutsu...” Naruto rolled his eyes.
“Read huh? What is your favorite book?” He said watching her.
“Uh.. I don’t really know... There was this old book... I forget what it was called but it was really good.” She said scrunching her face in concentration. Naruto laughed.
“I know exactly what you mean. I have trouble remebering things too!” He cackled gleefully. She pouted at him.
“But my memory is usually very good.” She said pouting. Naruto waved his hand, dismissively.
“Tell me Sakura, how do you have such amazing grades?” He said curiously.
“I study...” She said modestly, causing Naruto to laugh again.
“Please, I saw your grades. Your scores were almost as good as Mr. Elite Genius over there.” He jabbed a finger at a now curious Sasuke.
“Really, all I do is study.” She said defensively.
“Alright. So what kind of techniques do you use?” Naruto asked innocently.
“What do you mean?” Sakura asked quietly.
“I mean Sasuke uses Fire, I use wind, what do you use?” Naruto quipped.
“I... uh... I don’t know.” She said sadly. Naruto got up and sat down next to her.
“Ah, don’t worry. A brainy person like you obviously has the basics down, and probably understands genjutsu. Ninjutsu will come in time.” Naruto said with a smile, and patted her on the back. She seemed to study him for a minute.
“Can you really use Wind techniques?” She asked. He sent her a small smile, and formed several seals. Then breathed out.
“Wind style: Stream.” The wind emitted form his mouth blew open the windows and shattered the glass. He smiled at her.
“See that, that was the first technique I lever learned.” He said cheekily at her. SHe was about to make a retort when the door opened and admitted a silver haired jounin.

“Good Morning, trainees!” Kakashi called as he walked in. He immediately noticed the open smashed windows, and gave them a curious stare.
“Uh... They were like that when we came in?” Naruto tried out. When Kakashi gave him an incredulous stare, he shrugged and clammed up.
“Anyways, I am Hatake Kakashi your new teacher.” He said in a somewhat bored voice and with an eye smile.
“Alright kiddies. Lets go take your first test.” He said with a big smile.

Naruto watched their new teach standing in the middle of the training grounds, he could tell this ninja was an actual fighting brand shinobi. But he was seriously confused about his laid back and distant demeanor. He was very curious but decided it would be better to simply observe their new teacher.
“Alright. This is your first test. You will need to retrieve these two bells from me, by lunch time.” He held up the bells in front of his face.
“Those who retrieve the bells get to eat at lunch. Those who don’t, don’t.” Naruto frowned. He had a feeling there was more to it than just a simple snatch and grab.
“But there are only two bells.” Sakura observed quietly. Kakashi nodded at her.
“You are quite right. Anymore questions. No, ok then.” He pulled out a book, and began reading. Naruto was utterly confused now, he could see the bells at the Jounin’s waist.
Well, he said to take them. He thought as he dove at them.
He blinked once and was slammed hard on his back, and a foot stepped on his chest to hold him down.
“Ne, Naruto. I didn’t say start yet. Ok, Start!” Then, he leapt as two kunai launched at him from Sasuke and Sakura. Naruto flipped himself back onto his feet. He stood back and watched the silver haired jounin move. dodging the projectiles being launched at him from his teammates. He smiled as he noticed a pattern in Kakashi’s movements. He flashed to where he predicted Kakashi to be and launched a furious uppercut. His fist connected with air, and he was once again thrown backwards.
“Nice try Naruto.” Kakashi said as he whipped past him to close in on Sasuke and Sakura. Naruto got onto his knees, and shouted at Sasuke.
“Oi, Move.” Then, he flashed through several seals.
“Wind Style: Twister Shot” He exhaled a small tornado at Kakashi, whose eyes widened a little at the technique.

Sasuke moved like chain lightning, he grabbed Sakura and dodged left.
“Sakura. We need to lure him into a suitable trap. Go set up some kind of trap in the forest, me and Naruto will run distraction. He turned back to see Kakashi dodge the twister, and start running at Naruto. Sasuke flashed through seven seals.
“Fire style: Great fireball.” Sasuke spat a massive fireball at Kakashi’s retreating form.

Kakashi sensing the danger tuned to deal with it, when he heard several Naruto voices.
“Wind Style: Devastation.”
“Wind Style: Pressured Stream.”
Kakashi smiled as he watched the three attacks come screaming at him.
Naruto smiled as the fire technique and two wind techniques smashed into each other causing a fantastic explosion. He waved at Sasuke a victorious smile lighting his face. He saw Sasuke point behind him and he heard Kakashi’s voice.
“Konoha Secret technique: One Thousand Years of Pain!”
Sasuke flinched as he saw his friend propelled into the air, by Kakashi’s unspeakable technique. With a flash of anger, he formed the seals again.
“Fire Style: Dragon Flash Anger!” This time it was a huge tongue of flame that was expelled at the silver haired ninja who dodged back wards into the forests. Sasuke smiled as the fires towered higher, then he sighed and went to find Naruto.
Naruto was cussing up a storm as he stomped towards the giant flames. He glared at Sasuke.
“You couldn’t have warned me that our teacher was coming up behind me and about to VIOLATE me!” HE growled, and walked with him, rubbing his sore rump. Sasuke grinned at him.
“Oh I did. I pointed at him, and this answers one of my questions about you!” He said smiling, trying to urge his friend to run.
“Oh, and what was it you figured out.”
“I’ve always wondered if you were gay... But you’re not.” Naruto swore at him and ran as quickly as he could after the retreating Uchiha.
Kakashi was honestly quite surprised with his students. The Uchiha had a powerful mastery of fire techniques and the Kyuubi child had powerful Wind techniques. However, he was wondering what happened to the pink haired girl had gone when he stepped into a trap. Steel wires snapped up around his torso, tying his arms and his legs together. He blinked in surprise as the pinkette, came out from around a tree nearby.
“I thought that this would be the best place to set up the trap.” She said with a smile. Kakashi smiled at her, then he poofed, leaving a log in his place. He grinned from up in the tree at the incredulous look on her face. He was about to move when the other two came up to her.
“What happened?”
“I had him, but used some kind of Substitution..” SHe pointed at the log. Sasuke sighed, and Naruto growled.
“I’m going to kill him.” He said with murder in his eyes.
“What happened with him?”
“UH....Stuff....” Sasuke whispered at her.
Time to force these kids to want to really work together... HE decided and leapt down.
“Ah, You still have three hours to catch me. If you don’t no one will be eating!” He said gleefully as he popped up in between them.
“TEME!” Naruto roared and launched himself at Kakashi, who easily dodged the flurry of anger strikes.
“Naruto, you need more than that to get these bells.” But as he said it, he saw the other two come from behind and Naruto fell back. Naruto flashed through several seals.
“Wind Style: Pressure Stream!” He said emitting a straight blast of fast cutting air. Kakashi dodged but felt the attack soar past him mere millimeters from his body, and he heard the bells tinkling. He turned at saw the bells flying and hit the ground at the feet of Sakura and Sasuke.
“Hah, Take that you Pervert!” Naruto chroused from behind Kakashi. Kakashi was blown away. HE turned back to Naruto.
“Was this planned out?” He asked curiously.
“Well, If the whole trap thing didn’t work then we needed a way to get the stupid bells. Thank Sasuke, he planned the whole thing out.” Naruto said, and tried to discreetly rub his butt.
Kakashi smiled through his mask.
“Well then, now lets go have lunch!” He clapped his hands and led the way back towards the training posts.
Lets see how they handle this. He chuckled to himself.
Naruto heard his stomach grumbling as Kakashi pulled out the hidden lunches from some bushes. He walked over to where they were sitting and handed two lunches to Sasuke and Sakura.
“There you go eat up.” He said happily and started walking away.
“Hey! Where’s my lunch you Perverted teme?!” Naruto called out in fury. Kakashi turned and clamly said.
“You didn’t retrieve a bell. According to the rules, you don’t get to eat.”
“NOW YOU WAIT A MIN-” Naruto’s rant was cut short as steel thread bound him to the training post behind him, knocking the wind out of him.
“Ja, ne!” Kakashi said as he disappeared. Naruto fumed as soon as he got his breath back. He was about to start cussing, when he heard Sasuke sigh. He turned to look at them, and gasped.
“Hell no. I’m not getting you guys in trouble.” Naruto growled, as they offered him some of their food.
“Naruto, you were crucial to getting these bells. So you deserve some food.” Sakura said firmly. Naruto was about to say something when Sasuke jammed some rice in his mouth.
“Its just easier to force him down the path you want, then try and convince him.” He said bored and shoved more rice into his mouth as he opened his mouth to shout again. This time Sakura smiled, and shoveled some meat into Naruto’s sputtering mouth with Sasuke.
“This is fun!” SHe giggled. Then her giggles turned to a gasp as Kakashi suddenly appeared with his face the picture of wrath.
“You have broken the rules.” His single eye glowered down at them.
“You all...Pass!” He ended with a huge smile.
“HUH?” The three said in unison. Kakashi smiled and untied Naruto.
“I think that this discussion needs a better atmosphere.” He said with a smile.