TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11987
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Hdidh
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Shattered Spirit by bronzelord

[Reviews - 6]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 10
Sasuke after a few second of standing there dumbly smiled back at him.
“Naruto? What was that!” Sasuke yelled. Naruto stepped back as if unsure of what to do. Sasuke stepped back and curbed in his curiosity, and stared at him. Naruto squirmed under Sasuke’s stare.
“Ok, fine! I learned it in the scroll.” He pointed at the large scroll of ninjutsu. Sasuke walked over to it and looked them over. His eyes bugged out.
“Naruto! These are Kinjutsu! These are real forbidden techniques.” He gave his friend a look of new respect.
“WELL! I didn’t know that!” Naruto grumbled and kicked at the ground, then he looked back at Iruka.
“Iruka!” He ran over to him and checked him over. Iruka smiled at him.

“I am fine, Naruto.” He gave the blond a genuine smile.
“Now, Close your eyes.” He commanded quietly. Naruto frowned.
“Just do it.” Iruka said softly. Naruto closed his eyes, allowing the darkness to envelope him, and he felt a whisper of touch on his forhead.
“Now open your eyes.” He opened his eyes to see Iruka leaning back against the tree and Sasuke standing next to him with a smirk on his face.
“what happened?” Nearuto asked, confusion coloring his voice. Iruka touched his forehead, which Naruto realized was bare. His fingers shot up to his, and he felt cold metal.
“Well done, Naruto. For what you have done here, I think that you have reached the Academy standards.” Iruka smiled with a big smile. Naruto was still touching the headband with confusion.
“Are you sure Iruka-sensei?” Iruka’s eyebrow shot up.
“Mmmm... Did you call me Iruka-sensei, when you were fighting Mizuki, and when you thought I was hurt?” His eyes glinted mischievously. Naruto stared back at him.
“.... Well.. I ..ah...Ahem...May have...” He mumbled carefully looking away.
“You can ignore that Dobe, Iruka-sensei. He’s a little bit proud.” Sasuke said clearly.
“What! Oho! Like you have a right to talk about other’s pride, Mr. Ego!” Naruto fired back. Iruka smiled as the two boys started fighting again. Then, he started laughing which ended with him coughing up some blood. This caught the two boy’s attention as once again they had forgotten about Iruka’s injury. Narutograbbed Iruka on one side and Sasuke on the other side.
“Iruka-sensei, what are we going to do with him.” Naruto jerked his head back at Mizuki.
“Mmm.... You said you learned some other techniques from the scroll.” Iruka said. Naruto nodded. Then he formed a seal with his hands.
“Shadow clone technique.” Suddenly there were explosions of smoke, and when the air cleared there were five Narutos.
“All right you two get him, you hold the scroll, and I’ll take Iruka.” The original barked out. Then, Naruto was under Iruka’s arm again.
“Come on Sasuke we’ve got to get Iruka to the hospital.” Naruto quipped at him, and they took off.
Ten minutes and three arguments later, the three arrived at the hospital with a crowd of Chunin acting as “guards” for the “fugitive.” After they got Iruka into a bed, Naruto gave the chunin a five minute screaming session of vulgarity and impressive strings of insults, at which Sasuke had to remove himself before he cracked and laughed at his superiors expense. Then he heard the Chunin yell back. Then everything went silent. Sasuke came around the corner, and saw the reason. The Hokage was standing in the middle of the crowd and watching Naruto. Then Naruto, shamefacedly gave up the scroll back to the Hokage, who took it from him with a small smile. Then, he looked up and waved Sasuke over to him.
“Come along with us, young Uchiha.” He spoke in a low voice, that carried across the room. Sasuke obeyed without a second thought, coming to his side as they moved from the main hall to the room Iruka was in. The hokage, stepped up to the nurse and whispered to her, she nodded and left.
“Now, boys...What happened?” He looked the two of them in the eye. Naruto spoke first.
“I took the scroll. But I took it for... a personal reason.” Naruto said quietly. The HOkage gave him a small nod.
“I took it because Mizuki told me that I would be able to become stronger, strong enough to make everyone stop hating me.” He said it in a small voice. Sasuke studied his friend.
“Also, he said that if I mastered the techniques in the scroll, that no one in the village would have the right to look down on me, that no one could take away my precious things.” Naruto’s voice had gone back to the cold haunting voice. Sasuke took the story from there.
“Then, he went and hid away in a spot we had found a while ago. And he trained. Then, after a whole day of searching, the Jounin and ANBU were contacted which was how I found out. As soon as I heard they were looking for him, I knew where he was going to be. I accidentally bumped into Iruka-sensei, and we went together. There he had me hide myself and become a witness. Then, Mizuki showed up and he threatened Naruto and then tried to harm both of them. Then, he told Naruto that he was the Nine-tails container, which shocked him, and then he threw a Shuriken which Iruka-sensei took instead of Naruto. Thats when Naruto used a strange technique.”
“The living chain Tier: Living Style: Demon Binding Ivy?” Hokage asked, and Naruto nodded. The hokage gave the two of them an incomprehensible look. Then he turned to study Iruka for a second.
“You know that the scroll you stole was a scroll of extremely dangerous Kinjutsu. Every technique in that scroll is dangerous for anyone below Jounin rank to look at.” The Hokage turned to look at the two of them.
“Yet, you naruto... mastered two techniques. Both of which would have destroyed a weaker person. Shadow Clones evenly split the chakra of the user into the amount of clones created. And the Living Chains Sealing technique was a forbidden technique. Yet you seemed to have escaped both of them with little wear or tear.” He said quietly. Then his eyes softened.
“Naruto, I’m glad that you are safe. And that you returned the scroll.” Then, he swept the boy into a hug. And the Hokage sent the Uchiha a smile of thanks. Then he left the room. Naruto gave Sasuke a brilliant smile.
“Shall we go home, then?” When Sasuke smiled. Naruto gestured towards the door with a grand sweep of his arm.
“After you my Lord.” Naruto laughed when Sasuke sent him a scathing look. Then he ran out the door, dodging the Uchiha’s swipes. They ran from the disapproving glares of the Chunin, and they ran from the villagers, they ran up the road.
Sasuke stopped chasing Naruto as they got to the junction where they had to go seperate ways. Naruto paused once he realized his friend had dropped his desire to hit him, and came closer. Sasuke looked up at Naruto, and smiled.
“You are coming to my house tonight.” Naruto’s eyes widened.
“Uh... Sasuke...I don’t think that would be smart. I mean I finally understand why everyone hates me. Its cuz of well..” He pointed at his stomach. Sasuke snorted.
“I don’t quite understand it. They hate the Kyuubi? Why hate the host? I will not stand for this injustice.” Sasuke said and started draggin him towards his house. Naruto was trying his best to fight back against the Uchiha, but unfortunately he had a height/weight advantage, causing them to move quickly down the road towards the Uchiha Compound. Naruto fought and scratched until they were at the door, and Sasuke shoved that out of his way.
“Evening, Naruto-kun!” Itachi called as Sasuke threw him into a chair.
“Hi! How are you Itachi!” Naruto said out of habit.
“Mmm... Better now that I know you are safe. But you should really not be fighting with Sasuke, you both might get hurt, and Mother doesn’t allow violence in the house unless she is the one dishing it out.” He said quietly.
“What was that Itachi?” A soft voice called from another room.
“Just complimenting my beautiful mother.” He called back. Sasuke sank into a seat once Naruto stopped squirming. Then, Naruto almost jumped out of his chair when Mikoto swept into the room. She gave him a confused look, and raised her eyebrow.
“What’s wrong Naruto?” She said quietly. He squinted back at her.
“I thought that you hated me.” He said confused. A look of understanding lit up her face.
“Ah, well thats over and done with. Both you and Sasuke have proven that you will remain friends even if we pry you apart. So we have decided that as long as you remain devoted friends you may continue to be so.” She said it lightly and stepped past him into the kitchen. Then she turned back to them.
“Now, its late you shall be staying the night here. But both of you skipped out on dinner.” She ended severly, and waved a ladle feircely.
“You’ll both be eating dinner, getting cleaned up, then sleeping because tomorrow is your first day as Genin.” Then she began putting together something that smelled too amazing for Naruto. Then, a little bit later after they were both stuffed, they dragged themselves to Sasuke’s room, they took turns showering. Then, Sasuke laid out a second futon for Naruto and threw some blankets on them, then pulled his all the way over to the other side of the room. When Naruto walked in wearing his robe, he rolled his eyes at Sasuke’s room placement.
“I don’t move that much in my sleep!” He complained.
“Oh you’re right, you move so much more.” Sasuke said simply, and slipped under his blanket. Naruto grumbled but did the same thing. Sasuke turned to tell his friend off, and He stopped because his friend sent him another smile.
“Sasuke, I don’t know what you said to your parents. But I’m glad we can be friends again.” Naruto said quietly, but with feeling. Sasuke nodded at him and turned around.
“Me too Naruto. Me too.”
The Next Day
Sakura waltzed into the classroom, immediately picked out the change in the room. Sasuke was sitting with Naruto in their usual spot, and Hinata was sitting just behind them. Sakura moved towards them, and Naruto looked up at her and gave her a small smile, then growled at the kid next to him, who moved and made space for the pinkette. She sat down with a smile to the three of her new friends. SHe was about to talk to them, when Iruka walked in.
“Welcome students. Starting today all of you are shinobi for the Village, and are promoted to the class of Genin. From here on out, all of you will be assigned to a jounin teacher, and be placed in a three man cell. Now the first cell is Yamanaka Ino, Akimichi Chouji, and Nara Shikamaru.” Naruto looked back at his detention mates and sent them a small smile.
“The next cell is Inuzuka Kiba, Aburame Shino, and Hyuga Hinata.” At this Naruto pouted. He turned and gave his dear friend a reassuring smile.
“Then next is Haruno Sakura, Uchiha Sasuke, and Uzumaki Naruto.” Naruto burst out laughing. Iruka gave naruto a withering glare.
“What is it Naruto?” HE said irritably.
“Well, How come I have a Sasuke fangirl on my team?” He wiped at his face, and ignored both Sasuke’s and Hinata’s glares. Iruka sighed, and pinched his nose.
“Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke were placed on your team because they had the highest grades out of the academy this year. While you had the lowest.” He said calmly. Naruto coked his head to the side, and gave the pinkette a good look. Then he smiled at her for real.
“Maybe i misjudged you pinky.” He stuck his hand out, which Sakura shook readily.
“If you are quite done.” Iruka said down his nose. Naruto shrugged, and Iruka proceeded down his list. Naruto stopped paying attention and watched this new person. He knew her of course, she used to be a major leader and participant in the whole Sasuke fancult nonsense. But he had never even tried to get to know her on a personal level simply because he had been repulsed by nonsensical manners. But knowing that she wasn’t a complete idiot gave him some consolation. Then he heard Iruka speak again.
“Now thats all of you, you are excused now and will go out to meet your new trainers at the areas I gave you.” Naruto blanched, and Sasuke sighed beside him, knowing he hadn’t paid any attention past his name.

“Hinata, you’ll be fine! You’re an amazing shinobi!” Naruto called to her, and patted her on the head. She nodded, and looked quite faint at the idea of meeting new people. Naruto was going to quip at her again, but then he noticed the two boys waiting at the end of her row. Naruto glared down at them.
“Hinata, if they’re not good to you, you just come and tell me, and I’ll fix everything ok?” He ended it by staring at the boy with a small dog on his shoulder. Hinata gave him an appreciative smile, then she stood up and went with the two boys. Naruto sighed as he watched the girl leave, Sasuke sighed as well, noticing his friend’s sudden protectiveness of the small Hyuga girl. He found this particularly curious as Naruto had never even looked at a girl before, except to criticize her, and now he appeared to be standing guard over this small petite girl.
I think I’ll look into this, later.... He thought to himself.
“Now how about we head over to the classroom where we’re supposed to meet this new teacher.” He drawled and stood up. Naruto frowned at him, then looked at Sakura. He shrugged and followed Sasuke as he got up and began to leave the room.
Sakura sighed as she followed the two boys, Sasuke was still the same,he smiled at her to try and alleviate the hovering cloud of discomfort around her and Naruto.
He must really dislike all of the fangirls a lot, He hasn’t even tried to talk to me once since we left the classroom... She thought to herself. She was about to speak when Naruto abruptly opened a door and ducked inside. She sighed again.
This is going to be a fun ride. She thought sarcastically.
She followed Sasuke in, and sat next to him on the other side of Naruto. After a minute, she found him studying her again, his blue eyes, were clear and piercing, creating the uncomfortable feeling that he could see straight through her. She tried to avoid his eyes but she could feel his stare, and she felt her patience snap.
“You know it’s not polite to stare.” She snapped at him. He just kept staring.
“Mmm... Apparently, you find me appealing to the eye?” She said with a honey sweet voice. Sasuke gagged suddenly, and tried to look away but received a glare from both of them. Then, he smiled at her.
“I just wanted to know that you weren’t some rabid fan girl in sheeps clothing is all.” Naruto shrugged. Sakura’s mouth dropped.
“Excuse me?”
“Well, you used to be one of those crazed freaks.” Naruto said quietly, studying her face.
“Freaks?” She whispered.
“Yeah. One of those cult members. You know that Sasuke-will-fall-in-love-with-me cult.” Naruto said as he got up and wandered over to the window.
“Man, I really hate all those girls. They make my life a frickin living hell. But it’s all beter now, right?” Naruto said turning with a small smile.
“What do you mean? Is that how you really think of us, used to think of me?” She whispered, confused.
“Well, duh! I mean it really sucked to have to guard sasuke against all those crazy nuts.” He sighed.
“I never... even thought about you...” Sakura said quietly.
“Yeah, I could tell. The first time I protected him, I had to hurt some of those crazies.” He said with relish.
“They aren’t crazy! They just want to have a love with one of the best bachelors of the village.” Sakura protested. Naruto laughed hard.
“Look, Sakura. I could care less if all they wanted was to have a relationship with Sasuke. But as soon as they overstep their boundaries, and they did, I am more than willing to step in and clean away any source of unpleasantness.” He said with a savage smile. Sakura gulped.
“And none of those girls, yourself excluded obviously, ever even tried to talk to Sasuke, or even get to know him. All they are, are useless, starry eyed loons.” He finished with disdain.
“What exactly do you think of me now?” Sakura said quietly. Naruto sat back down.
“Ah... I don’t quite know what to think of you. Obviously, I’m grateful to you, but at the same time. I’m very confused by you. I know that you are still a fangirl but you don’t act like one anymore. Also, I’m just not sure that I can even trust a Fangirl.” He said looking her in the eye.
“There are just too many bad eggs among you.” He said seriously. Then, he sent a glare at a laughing Sasuke.
“I need to take a leak, bye.” Naruto said, disappearing out the door.
“Sasuke, Why does Naruto hate me?” Sakura asked with a pained expression.