TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


His Guardian Ninja by Kakashifan727

[Reviews - 45]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
He sighed, shuffling around underneath the worn blankets on his wooden bed. He couldn't sleep, even more so than usual and got up from the small bed, his little feet pounding softly on the hardwood floor. Walking over to the small window the tiny six year old peered up at the midnight sky, watching the stars float lazily above him, illuminating his small whiskered face. The boy tried to suppress the tears that started to flow from his eyes, but failed, their liquid brilliance splashing silently on the window frame. For the third year in a row, ever since he knew that he lived in an orphanage, every day on his birthday the boy had wished to be adopted. So far it had never come true. He stared into the sky one last time, the small stars bringing him some measure of comfort and security with their soft white glow. The boy blinked as he saw one of the stars getting bigger and bigger, the thing seeming to grow in size and shape. Wiping the tears off of his eyes, he just watched the thing pulse and glow in the sky.

Kakashi gulped, wondering if he wasn't violating any sort of unspoken contract of angels. He figured that he ought to pay Naruto a visit like he did every year on the kid's birthday. Usually, Naruto would be asleep and Kakashi didn't have a problem watching the boy as long as he wasn't noticed. The villagers had started to label the child, calling him 'monster' and 'demon', and teaching their kids' to do the same. Kakashi had visited the boy at school and sadly watched him swing alone, a dejected look on his whiskered face. The other children didn't even approach him, all of them giving the boy grotesque looks and stares, whispering things behind his back when they were sure he wasn't paying attention. Another reason he had come down tonight, he was going to change that. He wasn't sure how much he could do, but as Naruto's guardian, Kakashi figured it was his job to make sure the boy's life was as happy as it could be. Sadly, as he watched the child break down in tears, he knew that this wasn't the case. He had no living family to take care of him, and the orphanage managers weren't as kind to him as the other children. Over time, the others kept getting adopted, leaving the small six year old blonde alone with no one but the staff as company.

Naruto just gaped at the star, watching as it began to take a more human shape, albeit though not totally normal. He was sure that regular people didn't have wings, after all. He also noticed that it seemed to be coming toward him! He stepped back from the window sill, afraid and curious at the same time. Covering his eyes as a white light enveloped the small room, the child gasped in amazement as he saw a person standing in front of him. He was very tall and wore the same gear as the Anbu working for the Hokage had done, albeit without the traditional animal mask covering his face. Naruto felt himself stare in amazement at the figure, which just stood there, a small smile plastered on his masked face.

"You've gotten big, haven't you?"

Naruto blinked as he felt a gloved hand rubbing his corn colored hair, the figure kneeling down next to him, his one good eye staring happily at the boy.

"W-what's goin' on?"

The boy asked, confusion dotting his whiskered and pale face. The silver haired ninja just gave a soft chuckle, putting both his hands on the child's shoulders. Kakashi gave a small exhale, not sure how he was going to explain this to the small Naruto in front of him. He grinned as he thought of a good way to explain this to the boy. It was close enough to the truth and easy enough so Naruto could understand.

"I'm your guardian angel, Naruto-kun. I've been watching over you all this time, making sure you're safe. Unfortunately, it seems you don't look very happy, do you?"

Kakashi frowned momentarily at the small child, taking one of his fingers and wiping off a tear from the boy's whiskered face. The small boy nodded, his face still wearing an expression of complete bewilderment.

"So...you're gonna take care of me from now on?"

The small boy asked, his azure eyes growing saucer-wide at the thought of leaving the orphanage. Kakashi blinked twice, uncertainty crossing his features as he thought about the idea. It wouldn't be such a bad idea, I guess. Though it might be difficult...I think we'll manage, but first to 'get permission' from the Hokage. Hmm... He snapped out of his thoughts, to see the small boy looking up at him with rapt astonishment. Grinning slightly, he told the boy,

"Yes, I'm going to be your new parent fr-"

"Really! Are you serious!"

"Yes, but first we have to get permission from the Hokage."

Kakashi answered to the amazed six year jumping up and down in front of him. Scooping up Naruto in one arm and jumping out of the window sill Kakashi lifted off, Naruto's blonde spikes flowing backwards as his wings flapped continuously. Kakashi grinned as he heard the little Naruto exclaim and shout with glee while they were airborne. They flew past various residential housings and even the ninja academy, where Naruto was currently attending school. A few moments later, they stopped right in front of the Hokage's official building, Kakashi touching down lightly while putting Naruto on the ground. Naruto gazed at the dead shinobi, his expression turning to one of shock as he felt his small hand being wrapped around a bigger one.

Kakashi walked with the child to the entrance, trying to ignore the urges to punch anybody who gave Naruto odd stares or comments. Luckily, not many other people were in the building late at night, besides the Hokage and his aides Kakashi knew. As they reached the door of the Hokage's office, Kakashi went to rap his knuckles against the door, but sighed when they went right through.

"Right...it takes spiritual energy for me to actually touch something. Sometimes I forget I'm dead..."

Turning to the boy, Naruto nodded as he went and knocked on the door three times. Kakashi didn't wait for response, and just barged in the door, Naruto's face shocked at the rashness of his new parental figure's actions. The Hokage was busy going over various ninja files, along with paperwork and new missions for tomorrow's genin squads. He looked up, his face showing a slightly worn smile as he saw the six year old boy, then his expression changing to complete shock as he saw Naruto's floating appendage. Naruto sheepishly grinned, unsure of how to tell the old man he was brought here by a ghost.

"Naruto...what in the world...?"

The old man said, getting up from his desk as fast as he could in his worn and tired state. He walked over to the boy, his weathered hand touching the appendage that was floating in front of him. Chakra flew through the old man's body, not harming him, but sending strange signals throughout his chakra network. He could tell something was wrong here, something supernatural was at work. He'd have to get Inoichi and possibly Hisashi to see what was the problem with Naruto. Sending a silent signal to his Anbu, who were already on the alert, they dashed away into the night. I just hope this doesn't mean any trouble for us, whatever has got its hold on Naruto-kun. We'll see soon enough.