TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Freshman Year by silverwolf1213

[Reviews - 17]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Alright, so I'm going to be trying to update all my stories a lot since it is now winter break (thank goodness). I still have homework though (blech). Seriously, chemistry sucks!

Anyways, if you thought I did, I'll tell you now that I don't own Naruto...or Sasuke...or Sakura...or any other character from the Naruto world. Zuko and Sirius are not mine, they belong to Avatar and Harry Potter.

Read on and enjoy, my beloved readers!
The group of freshmen reflexively took a step back as the gang of seniors glared down at them. “We don’t want any trouble,” Shino said quietly.

“We don’t care what you want,” the guy in the front said. “But what you need is for someone to teach you lot some manners.”

“Yeah, no freshman is allowed to walk around like they’re hot stuff,” a big fat guy with black hair said. As he made his statement, the group of older teens turned their eyes to none other than Naruto.

Even Naruto’s friends turned their eyes to glance at him, seeing as how he was the newfound target of this gang. But it would take a lot more than some scary-looking seniors to stop them from protecting their friend.

“Look guys, all we wish to do is go inside to get ready for class,” Shierra said.

“Aw, look at this… the little bookworm is protecting her little freaky whiskered boyfriend,” the dark green-eyed boy said in a sickening sweet voice. His gang erupted into laughter at this.

Shierra involuntarily twitched. No one, except her friends, was allowed to call her names that referred to her studying habits. Yes, every name that was thrown at her was true. However, Shierra did not handle name-calling well. And if anyone besides her friends chose to insult her, she was not going to stand for it.

Her friends, knowing every detail that made up the person they knew as Shierra, instantly grabbed her shoulders and arms to stop her from tearing the faces off of the seniors.

Well, except for Naruto. No one got away with insulting the love of his life and lived to tell the tale. He charged forward to step in front of his new arch enemy. Before any of his friends could stop him, he was already in the gang leader’s face.

“What was your name again, brat?” the leader asked as he hissed in Naruto’s face.

“Naruto Uzumaki.”

Instantly, the group erupted into a fit of laughter. “Naruto? Your name is fishcake? Hahahahahahahahaha!” The gang of seniors continued with their laughter.

This only provoked Naruto even more. The blonde freshman pulled back his right arm, his hand balled into a fist. His friends lunged at him in an attempt to stop him, but it was no use. In the blink of an eye, the green-eyed senior was hunched over, holding his stomach in pain.

Naruto smirked as he stood above the older kid. “Hopefully, that’ll make you think twice before you insult my friends and me!” he yelled down at the senior, who was now on the ground moaning in pain.

The triumphant blonde turned around to face his friends. The girls were all appalled that he had just punched a senior in the gut. The boys were proud of their friend and of his display of strength. And then Naruto noticed that pretty much the rest of the school was watching him as well. He smiled as he scratched the back of his head sheepishly.

“So… uh… want to head to class now?” Naruto asked with an embarrassed smile.

“You are not going anywhere,” a loud feminine voice boomed from out of nowhere.

All the students immediately turned around to search for the mysterious voice. Then they saw a woman standing off to the side, glaring at the group of seniors and freshmen who were huddled at the school entrance. The woman had long blonde hair that was pulled into pigtails. She was wearing a green sweater over her white blouse and also had black dress pants. Her lips were painted a ruby red to match her painted fingernails. All in all, she was a very beautiful lady. Well, except for her giant breasts…

“That’s the principal!” Shierra whispered to her friends. Quickly and simultaneously, the freshmen bowed down in respect to the woman. Well, Naruto didn’t understand at first. But when Sakura painfully yanked his head down so that he was bowing as well, he got the message.

When the woman noticed that none of the seniors were bowing down, she immediately turned on them. “Well, well…it’s the first day of school, and already, you Lightning Bulls are causing trouble.”

“Heh, not this time, Lady Tsunade,” the leader said. “Not one of us threw the first punch this time.”

“Oh please, Nadare Yama. You’re a compulsive liar. Why should I believe anything you say?” the principal asked.

“Because for once, I happen to be telling the truth.” The boy named Nadare pointed at Naruto. “That kid over there threw the first punch. We have witnesses,” he added as he gestured to the new students.

The woman turned around to look at Naruto. “Is this true? Did you punch him first?”

Naruto scratched the back of his head nervously. “Well…when you phrase it like that… then yes… I punched him first.” Tsunade instantly glared at the blonde freshman. He quickly added his rebuttal. “But he was threatening and insulting us. I was only defending my friends!”

Tsunade stared at Naruto. She bit her lip in thought as she glanced between Naruto and Nadare. Then her eyes rested back on Naruto. “What is your name?”

The boy hesitated but replied nonetheless. “Naruto Uzumaki.”

“Okay… Yama and Uzumaki… Detention after school today!” Tsunade yelled.

“WHAT?!” Naruto yelled in shock.

Nadare, however, didn’t seem too fazed by this. He merely shrugged. The group of freshmen instantly began to wonder if he was given detention every day of his high school life so far.

“But… but…” Naruto stammered.

“There are no buts!” Tsunade yelled at Naruto. “You both will report to my office directly after school and stay for as long as I feel that you need to. Now all of you go to your homerooms!” And with that, the blonde woman stalked off inside the school.

Naruto hunched over in sadness. This was certainly not how the first day of high school was supposed to go.

“C’mon, Naruto… let’s go to class,” Sakura said quietly, which was surprising since she usually spoke to the blonde boy in a loud, obnoxious tone.

“Yeah… alright…” the boy muttered.

**********************************************************

After receiving their schedules, the group of freshmen was forced to part ways. First period was English, but because there was a different range of intelligence within their group, the freshmen were placed in different classes. Some were placed in the advanced placement class while the others with placed in honors or A-level.

After that was history. Since this was a relatively easy subject, everyone was in the same class together. Naruto seemed to have gotten over his depression about detention. He was grinning when he sat with his friends in the back of the classroom. But when Iruka-sensei signaled him out in front of the whole classroom for talking, he nearly earned himself a detention after his detention. Luckily, Shierra was there to save his sorry butt…again. After apologizing profusely for Naruto’s rude behavior, Iruka decided to let it go, but he gave the blonde a strict warning.

Shikamaru was only slightly annoyed at this. "Geez…what a suck up to the teachers… no wonder she gets straight A’s. How troublesome…" he thought to himself as he watched Shierra.

The next two periods were electives, so the group was separated again. There was art class, computer science, engineering, and some other classes as well. But a lot of them were just in study hall.

Lunch finally arrived, and the freshmen decided to sit outside at the same table that they had occupied before school had started. Some of them were in good moods while others were sort of bummed.

“Would you believe I got homework already? What’s up with that?” Kiba complained. “In engineering of all things! Ibiki-sensei is a mad lunatic!”

“He’s also really scary looking. Did you see those creepy scars on his face?!” Naruto asked.

Sasuke, who was sitting beside the blonde, instantly hit his best friend upside the head. “Idiot. Don’t judge other people when you’re a freak of nature yourself.”

“Jerk!” Naruto yelled.

“Hey… are you gonna eat that?” Chouji asked as he looked at the untouched sandwich in front of Naruto.

“Yes! Don’t touch my food!” Naruto shot back.

“Sorry. I just didn’t want it to go to waste,” Chouji muttered. Shikamaru patted him on the back in reassurance.

“I’m just glad the day is halfway over,” Shierra said.

“What did you just say?” Sakura asked in a joking manner. “Shierra Leola doesn’t want to be in school? Oh my goodness, it’s a sign of the apocalypse. We’re all going to die.”

The group burst out into laughter. Well, for those in the group who don’t laugh out loud, they chuckled or snickered.

“Oh, ha ha, very funny,” Shierra replied sarcastically. “I just meant that I can’t wait until this is all over… you know… the whole invisible thing.”

“Oh, right…”the pink-haired girl said.

“If any of you were observant, you would notice that we have been watched since the start of lunch,” Shino said.

“W-W-What?” Hinata asked, her face turning a deep crimson color at the thought of everyone in the school watching her.

“Look around,” Shino commanded.

At the demand, the first-year students looked around the courtyard. Indeed, there were a few scary-looking older kids eyeing them up. But the majority of them belonged to the Lightning Bulls, the gang of seniors who had landed Naruto in detention after school.

“I wonder why they haven’t decided to attack us yet,” Shierra said. “I thought after this morning, that that Nadare kid would’ve tried to pummel Naruto at least by now.”

“Ha! Maybe he’s just too scared that I’ll kick his butt again,” Naruto said cockily as he sported a foxy grin.

Sasuke slapped Naruto behind the head again. “Shut up, idiot.”

“Would you stop that?!” Naruto yelled.

This time, the raven-haired boy pushed Naruto’s head down, causing him to hit it on the table. “I said be quiet! You’re going to get us all killed! You’re so loud!”

“HI, SASUKE!” a loud siren call echoed through the courtyard. Said boy instantly flinched at the loud shriek that was his name. And it was a sad day indeed when Sasuke Uchiha visibly flinched in front of a group of people.

“Hehe, still think I’m loud?” Naruto asked. The unhappy Uchiha glared daggers at his friend.

“Well, she obviously didn’t catch the hint on being invisible,” Shikamaru said as he rubbed his temples in irritation. Chouji snickered at his friend’s comment.

“Oh dear Lord, she’s coming…” Sasuke said as he tried to turn his face away from the blonde girl.

In any other situation, the Uchiha would most likely be his normal emotionless self. But whenever Ino Yamanaka was involved, she always scared the living daylights out of him. Even though his friends understood why he tried to avoid her at all costs, they still found it hilarious that the big bad Uchiha was intimidated by a small petite blonde girl.

Ino bounded, or rather sprinted, over to their table. “Hi, Sasuke!” she repeated.

Onyx eyes glared at the girl. But unfortunately, she didn’t get the hint. So he was forced to speak to her. “Ino… go away.”

“Aw, c’mon, Sasuke,” she replied in a flirtatious manner. “How about you and I go find a more…private place to have lunch?”

“Why don’t you say what you really want to say, Ino?” Shierra interrupted. “By private place, everyone knows you mean the backseat of a car.”

At that comment, Sasuke started choking on the bite of his sandwich that he was about to swallow. Naruto instantly began pounding his fist on his back, trying to help. Plus, hitting Sasuke as hard as he could was good payback for all those times that the blonde had received a smack to the head. However, Sasuke picked up on the hidden meaning for the blows to his back, and he quickly caught Naruto’s wrist before he could cause further damage to his spine.

“No one asked you, nerd!” Ino snapped at the black-haired girl.

Shierra flinched at the name. Just as before, she hated it when others decided to use her brains as a means of making fun of her. Seriously, people needed to get into their heads that intelligence helped you succeed. It’s not that she didn’t like being smart. But when people decided to tease her because of it, she was more than ready to tear some limbs apart.

Luckily, Sakura saved her from receiving her own detention. “Hey, Ino. I think it’s time to wax the fur you got growing on your upper lip. And… oh my god, is that a zit or another head you have growing on your nose! Gross!”

Ino’s hands instantly flew to cover her mouth and nose. She glared at the pinkette, but then she ran off anyway in search of a mirror to check for herself.

The group instantly erupted into laughs and chuckles. Well, Sasuke only breathed a sigh of relief. “Shierra, Sakura…thanks…” he muttered almost inaudibly. Even to his friends, he had issues with being grateful.

“No problem, Sasuke,” Sakura said.

“I need to thank you too, Sakura. If you hadn’t said what you did, Ino would be in the hospital right now,” Shierra smiled. "Not that that would be a bad thing...but I'd rather keep my permanent record clean."

“Oh, no need to thank me,” the pinkette replied nonchalantly.

Sai, who had been convinced earlier during second period that he was allowed to talk, spoke for the first time during lunch. “There is no need to thank Sakura. She did what she did because she wants Sasuke all for herself.”

At first, everyone was kind of stunned that Sai had decided to talk. But when what he said registered in everyone’s minds, they all, excluding Sasuke and Sakura, burst out into laughs. And if it hadn’t been for the invisible rule, their laughter would have been heard throughout the courtyard; but by some miracle, they were able to keep their laughter to a limit.

While everyone laughed, Sasuke turned his head away to not make eye contact with any of his friends. They truly enjoyed harassing him about everything. Naruto once said it was because he was so easy to tease. Sasuke had hit him over the head when he had said that.

Sakura was blushing like crazy, her face turning the same shade of color as her hair. Yes, it was true she had a huge crush on the Uchiha. Actually, it used to be called an “unhealthy obsessive infatuation”, as Kiba had called it once. But Sakura had calmed her hormones down excessively during middle school. The reason was because she found out that she got Sasuke’s attention more when she was civil to him, rather than clinging to him.

The bell suddenly rang, signaling for all the students to move onto sixth period. Reluctantly, the teens stood up and headed inside the school to finish the rest of their day.
Chapter end notes: Yeah, I know that not a lot happened in this chapter. But I felt the need to update something now because the next couple of chapters are going to be intense.

But did you enjoy reading this chapter? I liked writing the lunch scene. I was smiling the entire time when I wrote it. I hope you liked reading it as much as I liked writing it. Please review and tell me what you think!

Thank you all for reading this chapter! It makes my heart soar!