Flying High, Sinking low. by Keiko Hyuuga
Summary:
Naruto stared, wide-eyed, at the airship flying overhead. Ever since he was a little boy he had wanted to ride in one of those, and now it appeared his wish might be granted! "Hey, Naruto, back to reality, please." Naruto did as his date commanded, and turned his head to smile at her. "Sorry Hinata, I've just always wanted to ride in one of those things."




NaruHina




In the new episode, The last chapter of a story, ending with a very important question.

Categories: Het Romance > Top Six Pairs > Naruto and Hinata Characters: Gaara, Sakura Haruno, Kakashi Hatake, Hinata Hyuuga, Neji Hyuuga, Kiba Inuzuka, Jiraiya, Konohamaru Sarutobi, Shikamaru Nara, Rock Lee, Temari, Tenten, Tsunade, Sasuke Uchiha, Naruto Uzumaki, Ino Yamanaka
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst
Warnings: Death
Challenges: , Airships in Naruto!
Challenges: , Airships in Naruto!
Series: None
Chapters: 17 Completed: Yes Word count: 9631 Read: 26454 Published: 30/12/07 Updated: 21/03/08
Story Notes:
I do not own naruto. got it? get it? Good.

1. Lets Go! by Keiko Hyuuga

2. Suspicions by Keiko Hyuuga

3. Missing by Keiko Hyuuga

4. Don't turn your back on your enemy... by Keiko Hyuuga

5. Chapter 5 by Keiko Hyuuga

6. Searching by Keiko Hyuuga

7. Chapter 7 by Keiko Hyuuga

8. Death, Pain, and Sorrow by Keiko Hyuuga

8. Memories by Keiko Hyuuga

10. Death of a friend, Hate of an enemy by Keiko Hyuuga

11. Anger by Keiko Hyuuga

12. Consolment by Keiko Hyuuga

13. Chapter 13 by Keiko Hyuuga

14. Chapter 14 by Keiko Hyuuga

15. Chapter 15 by Keiko Hyuuga

16. Life and Death by Keiko Hyuuga

17. Chapter 17 by Keiko Hyuuga

Lets Go! by Keiko Hyuuga
Disclaimer: I don't oown Naruto k?

Naruto stared, wide eyed, at the airship flying overhead. Ever since he was a little boy he had wanted to ride in one of those, and now it appeared his wish might be granted!

"Hey, Naruto, back to reality, please."

Naruto did as his date commanded, and turned his head to smile at her.

"Sorry Hinata, I've just always wanted to ride in one of those things."

"I hear they're hiring gaurds" Hinata began. "Apparently they're transporting some important stuff."

"That's great!" Naruto said, punching the air. "I can be a gaurd and-"

"Ehem"

"Wha...? Oh. Please Hinata!" Naruto begged "I really wanna go!"

Hinata looked quite serious, and Naruto thought for sure she was going to say no.

"Not without me!" Hinata grinned

Naruto couldn't help but smile at his date's sense of humor.

"It's a deal!"

Just as Naruto and Hinata were turning to go to the airship, a familiar voice called

"Hinata, Naruto!"

"Sakura! Gaara! " Hinata squeaked, running up to hug her best friend and her boyfriend.

Gaara, who looked mildly uncomfortable with the hug, nonetheless returned it.


"Gaara," Sakura whined "Stop hugging Hinata! Your my boyfriend!"
Gaara just smirked.

"Me and Hinata are going to the airship. We're getting jobs as gaurds. I've always wanted to ride on one of those things!" Naruto said, blue eyes gleaming.

"Really? That's where me and Gaara are going. We can all be gaurds, It'll be so much fun!" Sakura grinned.

"hn" Was Gaara's only reply.

"Gaara," Sakura threatened "If you don't expand you're vocabulary past 'hn' I'm am going personally see to it that you end up somewhere in Rice with a swollen cheeek and a black and blue eye!"

Gaara, knowing she mean't it, quickly said "Sorry, Sakura"

It was Sakura's turn to smirk.



Sasuke climbed into the airship, quiter than any mouse could have, and looked through the boxes, trying to find the gem.
'I need that gem' He thought 'It's the only way I'll be able to kill Itachi!'

Opening, a box, he noticed a bluesh green glow radiating form it.

'Got it!' He was about to climb out, when he heard voices.

"This thing is huge!"
"I know. amazing"
"hn."
"Gaara...!"
"Sorry."
"wow, I can't believe I finally get to ride on one of these!"

He recognized Naruto, Sakura and Gaara's voice, but what was the fourth?

'hinata! She and Naruto are dating now!'

He thought. What was he going to do? He had to get out, but he couldn't let them see him, and he if he stayed on this thing to long, he might have to kill them. But then again, what did it matter? He had nearly killed them both already, what was two more. as long as the end result was Itachi dieing, he didn't care.


"We hear you need some gaurds." Naruto said walking up to the man in front of the blimp.

"Let me geuss, you guys want the job?"

"Yes, we do." Sakura said, looking at the man with a glare that could've scared Gaara.

"Sorry, but the red-head kid is the only one who looks strong enough to do it."

Sakura's glare worsened.

"Observe." The pink-haired, medic-nin said, as she walked over to a large boulder.

"U'm dude, I suggest you duck." Naruto warned, already on the ground.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because, that boulders about to be blown into millions of peices" hinata hissed.

"Hinata, could you use your chakra to shield the airship? I don't want to hurt it..."

Hinata nodded and walked over, performed hand signs, and moved her arms around, creating a sheild that nothing could penetrate.

And none to soon, for as soon as the sheild was up, Sakura punched the boulder, causing it to be blown into a million peices, as Hinata had warned.

"Woah" Muttered the man. "You've both got the job!" He said to Hinata and Sakura, impressed by Sakura's stregnth and Hinata's chakra control.

Looking at Naruto and Gaara, he said "Red-head can come, but I'm not sure about blondie, here."

Sakura whispered in his ear "He's 'the container' He's really strong!"

The man nodded, choosing to trust her.

"Well then, get on! We' leave now!"
Suspicions by Keiko Hyuuga
Sakura stepped onto the airship, followed by Gaara, and then Hinata and Naruto.

"Wow, this thing is huge!" Naruto exclaimed, looking at the large interior of the ship.

"Yeah, it is." Gaara said, voice, as always, monotone.

"Gaara!" Hinata exclaimed "you said somthing other than "hn" with Sakura threatening you!"

"hn." Gaara replied with a smirk.

Sakura, who had seemily given up on her boyfriend, headed to her bunk.

"Down the hall, to the right. You and red head will be sharing a room, right?" A woman asked.

Sakura blushed but nodded.

Hinata, rather than going to her bunk, went to the front of the airborn machine. The sun had just begun to set, and, from this heighth, it was truly a breathtaking sight.

"Wow. It's beautiful, isn't it Hinata?"

Hinata had been suprised, and with her reflexes, it was not a good thing. She spun around and put a kunai to Naruto's neck, who looked at the kunai, and then at Hinata, then back at the kunai.

"Naruto!" Hinata scolded, as she put her kunai back into it's pouch. "You know better than to frighten me!"

"Sorry. I didn't know you'd react like that." Naruto apolagized

Hinata sighed and turned her attantion back to sunset. Little did she know that Sasuke, at that very moment, was spying from a room behind her. Little did poor Sasuke know that, with her sharply trained ears, could hear nearly any move he made, so, when he took that step away from the window where he had been spying, she heard it instantly. Figuring it was perhaps a mouse, she activated her Byakugan.

"Naruto, someone's in there." Hinata said, pionting to the small room.

"Eh? you're paranoid, Hinata, other people work on this ship, you know." Naruto said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"I know." She began "It's just that, I think I sense some murderous intent radiating from the body."

"Your'e imagining things. Don't worry" Naruto said, attempting to comfort her. "We'll be fine."

"I geuss you're right. I'm worrying to much."

And with that, she loked back to setting sun.


Sakura laid down in her bed, feeling all to comfortable. This is the life. This is the life.

"This is the easiest job ever. Konoha get's paid, and there is virtually no worry of getting attacked. I mean, we're like, 1,000+ feet in the air."

As she did the math, she thought she heard a voice.

"Sakura."

"Heh? I' must be imagining things."

But then she heard it again.

"Sakura."

"W-w-who's there?"

"Hey, Sakura, over here."

As she turned her head, she gasped "you...!"




Who is in Sakura's room? As if this isn't pathetically obvious.....
Missing by Keiko Hyuuga
Author's Notes:
Sorry if it's hard to tell when the kyuubi's speking, but my computer just won't let me bold anything...
Sorry if it's hard to tell when the kyuubi is speaking. my computer won't let me bold anything.


Sakura stared at the black-haired boy in front of her. Why was he here? More importantly, how did he get here?

"W-w-why are you here? What are you doing on this ship?" She stuttered.

"I need to get somthing from this ship, if I ever want to kill Itachi."he said, smirking mildly at the pink-haired kuinichi's surprise.

"I thought you had given that up..." She said, stumbling over her words. Was Sasuke being serious? He had promised Tsununde that he would be staying in Konoha, and that he had given up chasing Itachi.

"I just said that so that so Tsununde would let me roam around Konoha."

Sakura readied herself for a fight, all the while hoping it did not come to that. Sasuke, seeing her stance, laughed.

Are you going to fight me?" He mocked "You've always been weak, I doubt that's changed much."

Sakura smiled at Sasuke.

"We'll just see how weak I am."


Hinata sat on her bed and smiled at Naruto, already fast asleep.

"Sleep well." She whispered, before kissing him on the forehead and lying down herself. She closed her eye's and was about to go to sleep when she heard a crash, and another. She looked at Naruto, who had not stirred.

"Must not be that loud," she thought. "I'll go and check it out."

She climbed out of bed, walked towards the room where she had heard the crash, and eased open the door....



Naruto awoke with a start, sweating all over.

"What? Did I have a bad dream?" He asked himself

No, Kit. I woke you up. Our vixen is nowhere to be found.

"Kyuubi? Vixen? You mean Hinata?"

Yes. She's gone.

Naruto looked at the area next to him, and saw that she was, indeed, gone.

"Where did she go? What happened?"

there was a crash, it woke me up, and our vixen went to go see what it was. More crashes. Screaming...

"And you didn't wake me up?" Naruto yelled at the fox.

I tried, baka! I just managed to now!

Naruto stood up and ran, checking every door, looking in every room. As he approached one door, he smelled blood from inside of it. As he opened the door the smell worsened. there was blood on the wall and floor. The furniture was turned upside down, and ashes stood where there had once been a table or chair.

"Hinata..." Naruto moaned, fearing the worst.

Relax. She's not dead.

"How do you know?" Naruto asked, angrily.

Remember when you and Hinata made love? Well, when that happened part of me went into her. Not enough to be fatal or give her any new powers, but enough to make it so I can sense her. She's alive. The kyuubi said to the orange-clad ninja.

Naruto blushed, mildly embarassed about the fact that kyuubi had just mentioned Hinata and his "little bit of fun" ans hinata referred to them.

"She's alive, thank god." Naruto sighed. But, his relief was short lived as Gaara burst through the door.

"Have you seen Sakura?!"



What happened to Hinata and Sakura? Find out next time!


CLIFFHANGER! BWAHAHAHA!
Don't turn your back on your enemy... by Keiko Hyuuga
Sorry it took me so long to update, I've been sick...

I have also added to this chapter, as it occured to me it was a little too short...

Hinata awoke, the back of her head was hurting, as though she had hit it. She attempted to stand, only to be met withthe realization that her arms and legs were tightly bound, with chakra-infused ropes no less.

"What Happened?"

Flashback------

Hinata eased open the door, and looked inside. What she saw shocked and horrofied her. On the ground was an unconsience Sakura, blood covered her body, as did bruises and cuts.

"Don't worry, she's not dead."

Hinata looked up to see a badly injured Uchia boy.

"U-u-uchia Sasuke?" 'How is he here? Why is he here?'

Sasuke seemed to sigh.

"do I have to do to you what I did to her?" He glanced at Sakura as he spoke

"Somehow I doubt you are in any condition to do that to me." Hinata said as she glanced at Sasuke's many deep gashes, wondering whether or not she should heal them.(Yes, Hinata is a medic-nin in this.)

As though in response to her question, black flames began to cover his body, radiating from the curse seal.

'Aww, CRAP! I'm screwed' Hinata thought, as she took up the hyuuga fighting stance.

Before Sasuke could move, she called out "Shugohakke Rokujyuu Yonshou!" (if you've never heard of it, watch naruto episode 151) And thin chakra knives flew from her hands. Hinata hit him multiple times, and was sure that she had won. As she put her arms down she heard someone behind her say:

"Never turn your back on your enemy."

And, as he hit her pressure point, she was sent into the dark arms of unconsienceness(sp?)

END FLASHBACK-----


"Hinata?" Hinata was snapped out of her thoughts and into reality by Sakura's voice.

"Sakura? Are you alright?" Hinata asked her, concern evident in her voice.

"I'm sore all over. What happened?"

"Sasuke fought you, and then me."

"I remember now. He was in my room, we fought. I was sure I had won, but then he came out of nowhere and hit my pressure point." Sakura recalled.

"Me too." Hinata gasped. "Where are we, anyway?"

"I'm pretty sure we're still on the airship. We'd be dead if he threw us off..." Sakura shivered at the thought of falling of the airship.

"But where? I know this is a huge airship...But it isn't that big. Feel around, maybe we'll be able to figure out where we are."

As the girls moved around as best they could, Sakura hit somthing large.

"Ow! I think I ran into somthing..."

"What is it?" Asked Hinata.

"I think it's a box..."

"Thats right."

Both girls jumped slightly at the male voice.

"Where are we?!" Sakura sked angrily, searching the room for her former-crush.

"In the storage room." Hinata could tell that he could care less about their questions, and was only answering them to mock aand taunt the girls.

"Why didn't you kill us?" Hinata stalled, attempting to find a way out of this predicament.

"You sound as though you're complaining. Trust me, it crossed my mind to kill both of you." He said in a voice that sent shivers up both kunoichi's spine.

"Not at all. I'm just curious..." And with that, she attacked him.
Chapter 5 by Keiko Hyuuga
First of all, I'd like to apolagize for being so late with my updates. School has got me pinned though. Now, on to the story!


Gaara paced nervously, and Naruto sat on his bed and tried to figure out what had happened to Hinata and Sakura.

"Gaara, what happened?" He asked, turing to look at his red haired counterpart.

"I was at the bar." He said simply, without even looking at the jinchuuriki. "When I got back, the room looked like that." He motioned to the room that was still visible from Naruto's bed.

"This really sucks. We need to find them. Who knows what's going on with them?" Naruto's eyes began to shine, tears the culprit. A sure sign that Naruto was worried.

"I did manage to find something that may be connected to their disapearence. Gaara began "Apparently this airship is transporting a type of gem, that, when used right, can make the user incredibly powerful. Maybe Sakura and Hinata got in the way."

"But then, they would be dead. And they're not, trust me."

"Maybe the person is someone close to you, who wouldn't wan tot kill them." Suggested the ex-jinchuuriki.

"Hmmm..." Naruto said "Someone close to us, who would wwant to become more powerful..."

It didn't take long for them to come to a conclusion, and, at the same time, the both yelled.

"Sasuke!"



"Why didn't you kill us?" Hinata stalled, attempting to find a way out of this predicament.

"You sound as though you're complaining. Trust me, it crossed my mind to kill both of you." He said in a voice that sent shivers up both kunoichi's spine.

"Not at all. I'm just curious..." And with that, she attacked him.

Sasuke was suprised, to say the least. These girls had gotten stronger, but that strong? Nonetheless, he didn't falter, and mangaed to move to the side just before she did major damage to his chakra circulatory system.

Sakura followed, and punched him so hard he went flying inot the wall.

"Sakura-chan, don't break the airship. then we'll all die!" Hinata warned.

"Sorry Hinata."

But getting ditracted was far from a good thing. Sasuke brought his katana down on Hinata's shoulder, sending her toppling onto the floor. Sakura was close to follow, and Sasuke's only words were

"Sorry, but I can't let you get in my way."

before the girls fell nito unconciencness.


I'm so sorry for the shortness of this chapter, and that Sakura and Hinata are doing the typical wimpy damsel in didtress, but don't worry, in the end, they do really help Naruto and Gaara...
Searching by Keiko Hyuuga
Yay, Neji and TenTen come in! YAY!.

-------------------------------------------------


"I'm gonna kill him!" Naruto screamed to the heavens "Sasuke is going down! How dare he-"

"Naruto!" Gaara interrupted. "Ranting is NOT going to help them!"

Naruto nodded and sighed. Sitting down on his bed, he said, "I'm just...worried... What if he..." He trailed off, unable to finish his sentence. Gaara seemed to understand, and he sat down next to him, patting him on the shoulder.

"We won't let that happen, we will find Sakura and Hinata. There's only so many places they could be on this ship...."

Naruto was about to argue, until he noticed somthing he thought he would never see. A single tear streaming down Gaara's cheek. A tear of worry, fear, and a hatred torwards Sasuke. Naruto sighed.

"You're taking this just as hard as I am, aren't you?"

Gaara nodded. Placing his hand on Gaara's shoulder, Naruto said "You're right. We will find them."

"Yeah."

And with that, they began their search.

-----------------------------------------------

Tenten sat next to Neji at a small resteraunt, both enjoying their meals. Well, not quite enjoying it. The food was great, the atmosphere was nice, and they normally enjoyed eachother's company to no end. But now, no one was speaking.

"Neji..." Tenten started, looking down at her plate.

"Yeah?" Neji answered.

"Do...Do you have a bad feeling, about Naruto, and the rest of them, I mean." Tenten looked slightly embarrassed as she spoke. "I know it's probobly just my imagination....."

"No, no. I believe you." Neji said, "I have a bad feeling about it too...."

"I hope they're Ok..." Tenten looked at the sky, as though she was searching for the airship that was, by now, long gone. "but, at least there haven't been any bad omens lately..." Tenten said hopefully, remembering how the incident wth Gaara had brought omen after omen.

"Yeah." Replied Neji, taking a bite of his food. Tenten followed suit, then went to take a drink of her water. But, as she reached for the glass, it cracked, and water spilled everywhere.

"A bad...?" Began Neji.

"Omen?" Tenten finished, looking at Neji with despair.

------------------------------------------------

Hinata busily hatched a plan to get out of this predicament. Since obviously fighting did them no good, they would have to get out, with out fighting. but, Hinata could barely move, she was still suffering from the effects of using her signature jutsuback in Sakura's bedroom, and the fight they had had just recently with Sasuke.

'I'll just have to find a way to attract attention, and maybe someone can help us...' Hinata thought, but quickly crossed that out of her mind. 'If anyone tries o help us, they could be killed...'

Sakura was meanwhile healing her and Hinata's wounds.

"Before, I thought that seeing him would be such a good thing.... But now, I don't ever want to see his face again..." Sakura muttered as she healed.

"Unfortunately for you, you may be seeing it a lot. For your last few seconds, that is." Sasuke said as he stepped up to the girls.

"Don't you have somthing better to do?! Baka!" Sakura asked crossly.

"Yeah. just get out of here!" Hinata yelled at him. Sasuke just grinned.

"It's occured to me that you two are becoming problems. I'm going to kill you."

The words sent shivers up the kunoichi's spine. Neither of them was afraid of death, they had gotten over that fear long ago, but they wanted to see Naruto and Gaara again, they didn't want die now.

As Sasuke approached Sakura, pulling his katana out of it's sheath, Sakura did somthing she had not believed she would do again. Somthing that seemed to depict her old self, the one who only cared about looks, and was always being protected. She did somthing she cursed herself for the rest of her life for.


She screamed.

------------------------------------------------


I'm actually pretty happy with how this chapter turned out..... a little more emotional than my other chapters....At least as far as Gaara goes....
Chapter 7 by Keiko Hyuuga
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!"

Both Gaara and Naruto sat up at the noise.

"What the heck.....?" Naruto exclaimed.

"That sounded like Sakura!" Gaara cried, daring to hope that she was still alive.

"Where did it come from?" Naruto asked, trying to stay alert in the event she screamed again.

"The middle of the airship, let's go!" Gaara was already halfway there, with Naruto following close behind. As they ran, they heard another scream, belonging to Hinata.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

"Hinata!" Naruto cried out, although he doubted she could hear him.

When they reached the middle of the airship, they looked around frantically.

"Where are they?"

"I don't know, look around!"

That's when they heard a voice, high pitched and innnocent, and afraid.

"N-N-Naruto-k-k-kun...Naruto-kun......help...."

----------------------------------------------------------

Sasuke winced at the sound of Sakura's screaming. He couldn't attract attention to himself. Crouching next to her, he put a hand over her mouth. Picking up the katana he seemed to have grown fond of, he stabbed her heart!

Sakura disapeared with a puff of smoke, leaving a box in her wake.

Sasuke cursed under his breath, although with his sharingan eyes, she would be little match for him. Turning around, he was met with Sakura, intending to punch him into a wall as she had done before.

But Sasuke decided otherwise. Taking his katana, he slammed it against here as she came at him, sending her to the ground with a deep gash in her side. Grinning at Hinata, Sasuke walked forward.

"Are you going to die peacefully, or like Sakura over there?"

"Like Sakura-chan." Hinata said solemly as she stood up, ready to fight him.

"Alright. I'll have some fun with you." Sasuke smirked as he spoke.

Knowing better than to use Rugohakke to soon, she called out:

"Kaze Buunshin No Jutsu!" A technique the 5th had taught to her. (And yes, I did mean to type Kaze and not Kage.)

Instantly three clones appeared, creating a total of four Hinatas. Forming a tight ring, they brought out kunai, ready to fight.

"Clones." He said,sounding bored. "Well, let's see how you handle this..." and then, barely above a whisper he cried. "Mangekyou Sharingan!"

Hinata's clones diapeared, and she instantly looked down at her feet, afraid to know what would happen. if she looked into his eyes. Everyone was familiar with the Mangekyou Sharingan, but she had done little to study it, and was in turn uncertain as to what to do in this situation.

Sasuke decided for her.

Sliding under her face, he forced her to look at his eyes, if only for a moment. For a moment, Hinata froze, as though she had become a stone statue, and then, no doubt from some inner illusion that was causing her unknown amounts of pain, she screamed, and fell to the ground.

Sasuke walked up to her.

"Remember, you chose to die this way." He sneered.

In response, Hinata had but a few words to say.

"N-N-Naruto-k-k-kun...Naruto-kun......help...."

----------------------------------------------------------

Is Sakura really dead, is Hinaa going to die, and can Naruto and Gaara save them before it is to late? find out Next time!

Cliffhabger.... I love torchuring you all....

Oh, and one other thing. Kaze Buunshin no Jutsu translates losely as wind-clone-jutsu, or air-clone-jutsu. I thought it would be cool to give her her own cool clone jutsu. Like Naruto's Kage buunshin. And it was nice to take a break from Rugohakke Rokujyuu Yonshou.
Death, Pain, and Sorrow by Keiko Hyuuga
'thoughts'
-----------------------------------------------

"N-N-Naruto-k-k-kun...Naruto-kun......help...."

Sasuke laughed at the girl with a smirk.

"There is nothing your precious 'Naruto-kun' can do to save you. Now, I'll end this quickly."

Sasuke picked up his katana, which was still covered with Sakura's blood. Hinata, meanwhile, was seeing her life flash before her eyes. The one moment her mind lingered on was the day Naruto had agreed to go out with her:

FLASHBACK__________________

Hinata looked nervously at the blonde-haired boy that was walking her way.

'What do I do?! How do I tell him?!' hinata thought desperately. she was sitting at the Naruto's favorite place, Irchiruka Ramen.

"Hinata, calm down." Kiba hissed at her. "Just relax. Make pleasent conversation, try not to stutter, and then just tell him you want to talk to him in private."

Hinata nodded, thinking the plan sounded good. When he sat down, and said, "Hi, Hinata-chan!", however, she blushed madly, but managed to choke out

"H-h-hello, Naruto-kun.... How was your last mission, and when d-d-did you get back?"

Obviously, that was the right thing to ask, because he grinned and began ranting about how awsome the mission had been.

"....And then I tore him up with a Rasengan...."

Hinata giggled at her crushes display of happiness. About 45 minutes later, his rant finally ended, and he said "....And I just got back today."

Kiba looked like he didn't think it was possible for someone to talk that long without dieing of air shortage, and Hinata didn't look much different. But, suddenly Kiba remembered the self-assigned mission, and he nudged Hinata and whispered. "Tell him." Hinata nodded and tapped Naruto on the shoulder.

"Umm, N-N-Naruto...? Can we talk in p-p-private...?"

Naruto looked suprised at the request, but nodded.

"Sure, Hina-chan!"
Hearing her nickname, Hinata blushed madly again. She led him to both of their favorite training ground. Naruto leaned against one of the wooden pole, and Hinata stood straight, feeling nervous.

"Well, what is it, Hinata-chan?"

Hinata's heart rate quickened.

'What if he doesn't like me?! What if this makes me seem so weird that he never talks to me again? Maybe it would be better to never know...... To heck with that, just tell him!'

Suddenly, she blurted it out to him. She talked so fast, words and sentences running together.

"I love you, Naruto-kun. ever since the academy. You were everything I wasn't. Brave, and you never gave up. It hurt me so bad when I heard you talking about Sakura-chan. But I never stopped locing you, and to this day I still do! And now you probobly never talk to me again, and-"

But she couldn't finish her sentence, because his lips were pressed against hers. For a moment she froze, but then returned the kiss. She felt Naruto's tongue slipping into her mouthh, exploring new territory. After what seemed like hours, but was really just minutes, they broke the kiss.

"I really do love you, Naruto-kun."

"I really love you too, Hina-chan."

END FLASHBACK______________________

Hinata sighed. 'At least I'll be able to die with a pleasent memory lingering in my mind.'

But, apparently, Naruto had other plans. she was not going to die, because he burst through the wall using a Rasengan.

"Stay. Away. From. Her!"

---------------------------------------------------------

I don't know, but this may be my best chapter yet... I'll be updating soon. See ya!
Memories by Keiko Hyuuga
'thoughts'
-----------------------------------------------

"N-N-Naruto-k-k-kun...Naruto-kun......help...."

Sasuke laughed at the girl with a smirk.

"There is nothing your precious 'Naruto-kun' can do to save you. Now, I'll end this quickly."

Sasuke picked up his katana, which was still covered with Sakura's blood. Hinata, meanwhile, was seeing her life flash before her eyes. The one moment her mind lingered on was the day Naruto had agreed to go out with her:

FLASHBACK__________________

Hinata looked nervously at the blonde-haired boy that was walking her way.

'What do I do?! How do I tell him?!' hinata thought desperately. she was sitting at the Naruto's favorite place, Irchiruka Ramen.

"Hinata, calm down." Kiba hissed at her. "Just relax. Make pleasent conversation, try not to stutter, and then just tell him you want to talk to him in private."

Hinata nodded, thinking the plan sounded good. When he sat down, and said, "Hi, Hinata-chan!", however, she blushed madly, but managed to choke out

"H-h-hello, Naruto-kun.... How was your last mission, and when d-d-did you get back?"

Obviously, that was the right thing to ask, because he grinned and began ranting about how awsome the mission had been.

"....And then I tore him up with a Rasengan...."

Hinata giggled at her crushes display of happiness. About 45 minutes later, his rant finally ended, and he said "....And I just got back today."

Kiba looked like he didn't think it was possible for someone to talk that long without dieing of air shortage, and Hinata didn't look much different. But, suddenly Kiba remembered the self-assigned mission, and he nudged Hinata and whispered. "Tell him." Hinata nodded and tapped Naruto on the shoulder.

"Umm, N-N-Naruto...? Can we talk in p-p-private...?"

Naruto looked suprised at the request, but nodded.

"Sure, Hina-chan!"
Hearing her nickname, Hinata blushed madly again. She led him to both of their favorite training ground. Naruto leaned against one of the wooden pole, and Hinata stood straight, feeling nervous.

"Well, what is it, Hinata-chan?"

Hinata's heart rate quickened.

'What if he doesn't like me?! What if this makes me seem so weird that he never talks to me again? Maybe it would be better to never know...... To heck with that, just tell him!'

Suddenly, she blurted it out to him. She talked so fast, words and sentences running together.

"I love you, Naruto-kun. ever since the academy. You were everything I wasn't. Brave, and you never gave up. It hurt me so bad when I heard you talking about Sakura-chan. But I never stopped loving you, and to this day I still do! And now you probobly never talk to me again, and-"

But she couldn't finish her sentence, because his lips were pressed against hers. For a moment she froze, but then returned the kiss. She felt Naruto's tongue slipping into her mouth, exploring new territory. After what seemed like hours, but was really just minutes, they broke the kiss.

"I really do love you, Naruto-kun."

"I really love you too, Hina-chan."

END FLASHBACK______________________

Hinata sighed. 'At least I'll be able to die with a pleasent memory lingering in my mind.'

But, apparently, Naruto had other plans. She was not going to die, because he burst through the wall using a Rasengan.

"Stay. Away. From. Her!"

---------------------------------------------------------

I don't know, but this may be my best chapter yet... I'll be updating soon. See ya!
Death of a friend, Hate of an enemy by Keiko Hyuuga
I can't believe I'm writing two chapters in on day, but I'm bored and I've got nothing better to do....
----------------------------------------------------------
"Stay. Away. From. Her!"

Sasuke stared at Naruto for a moment, and then at Gaara. Hinata's face brigtened, and, using Sasuke's being distraction to her adantage, she gathered chakra into her fist, and punched him so hard she could hear his jaw bone crack. Naruto and Gaara stared at her.

"W-w-when did you get so strong?" Naruto stuttered.

"Sakura-chan has been teaching me to gather chakra into my fist. I'm not as strong as her yet, but I'm definately not weak."

Gaara was meanwhile kneeling next to Sakura. He wished desperately that he had bothered to learn how to heal. He made a pact to learn how to do at least basic healing.

"Hinata-chan, Can you heal Sakura-chan?" He asked almost shyly.

Hinata nodded and sat next to Sakura, leaving Naruto and Gaara to fight Sasuke.
---------------------------------------------------------

"How could you do that to Sakura and Hinata? They were your friends! Your comrades!" Naruto yelled between punches and kicks.

"I have no friends. I only want to kill Itachi." He said as calmly as though he was discussing the weather.

"And then what?! What will you do after you've killed him? Will you just go and die?" Gaara asked angrily.

Sasuke looked annoyed at the question, as though he hadn't quite thought out what he would do next.

"It doesn't matter. As long as I kill Itachi, It doesn't matter."

"Yes it does!" Argued Naruto. "Sasuke, you have your own life." He had stopped fighting now, but still held himself in such a way that he could defend himself on a moment's notice."

"What will you do, Sasuke? What will you do them?"
----------------------------------------------------------

Hinata struggled to force the chakra out of her hands and onto the wound. But, she wasn't making any progress, nonetheless, she pushed on, desperate to save her friend.

Ten minutes later, and still no progress had been made.

Tears slid down Hinata's cheeks as she took her hands away from Sakura's body.

"Why...?" she muttered, her face growing dark. "Why....? Why, Sakura? Why can't I heal you?"

Tears flowed freely now, and quite sobs racked her body.

"H-H-Hinata...Protect...Protect Naruto and...Gaara. They...They can't stop him on...on there own..." Sakura said, voice growing weak. "I know I'm...I'm going to d-d-die... But I'm Ok with that..j-j-just protect them..."

"Sakura, No!" Hinata cried. "You will help me protect them, I just have to try harder to heal you." Hinata said as she moved her hands back over the deep gash in Sakura's side.

"No.... Protect....N-N-Naruto...and Gaara..." She said, a weak smile crossing her face. "I know you can...do it..." And her voice fell silent.

"NO!" Hinata said, and began to sob, her body shaking. "No..."

Hinata pulled her knees to her chin, and rocked silently back and fourth. She had forgotten about Gaara and Naruto.She had fogotten about her own wounds. She had forgotten about being in the airship. she had forgotten everything. All she knew was that her best friend was next to her, and she was dead. Hinata stood up, her eyes darker than they had been ever before, and turned to Sasuke.

"You...Uchia Sasuke...YOU KILLED HER!"

--------------------------------------------------------

I actually depressed myself writing this chapter.....
Anger by Keiko Hyuuga
"You...Uchia Sasuke...YOU KILLED HER!"

Naruto and Gaara whirled around at the voice of Hinata, never before had they heard such anger in her voice. Naruto stared at her in disbelief, and Gaara was already next to Sakura, crying softly.

"YOU...KILLED...HER!" Hinata repeated herself, her white eye's growing darker by the minute, and, for a change, the murderous intent was radiating from her body.

Sasuke smirked. "You think I care?"

Naruto's eyes were turning red, and Hinata's eyes, seemed to be turning black. And there was no doubt that if Gaara still possessed Shukaku, he would be changing greatly, too.

Hinata was the first to attack.

She slipped of her jacket. Even in a blind rage, she still knew that the jacket would be little for than dead weight. If Naruto hadn't been just as angry as her, he probobly would be drooling by now. Her undershirt was tight, and showed of every curve of her body, although everyone was too angry to notice.

Purple mist seeped from her, and this time, Naruto DID stare.

"What the Heck?" He asked himself quitely.

"Uchia Sasuke... To return the favor for what you did to Sakura... It's you turn to die!!!"

Sasuke smirked. "You couldn't before, what makes you think you can now?"

She didn't answer, instead, she flew at him so quickly that Naruto and Gaara couldn't follow her with their eyes. Even Sasuke's sharingan had trouble seeing her.

He saw her coming at him, but to late.


"Here!" she yelled, as she forced her chakra into his chakra circulatory system.

Sasuke stumbled back, only to see Hinata already upon him. She screamed and made a sound belonging soley to animals. Attacking him again, she hit him, and he coughed up blod before her hands were even away from his body. Then, she screamed out a move that, before, only Neji had been able to do.

"Divination Field, 64 Strikes!"

She ran at him, calling out numbers as she strock his tenketsus.

By the 10 strikes, he was bleeding heavily, by 32 he was still standing up simply because Hinata was holding him up with her strikes, and by 64 strikes, he was unconcience.

Hinata fell back from loss of chakra, collapsing into Naruto's arms.

"Hinata, are you OK?" He asked. Gaara showed the same amount of concern, but with his eyes rather than his words.

"Yeah..." she muttered as she stood up, "I just used a lot of chakra....."

Sasuke shifted slightly, but no one noticed.

"Hinata, that was amazing!" Naruto praised her, loving her more now than he ever had before.

Sasuke shifted again, but still, no one noticed.

"Naruto-kun, stop. I'm not amazing.... I couldn't save Sakura-chan..." tears flowed down her face as she spoke.

"Hinata, that wasn't your fault, there was nothing you could do."

"Yes there was! I could've trained harder!" Hinata yelled. "If I had trained harder, I would have been able to sav-" But she didn't finish her sentence, because Naruto had dived in front of her, and collapsed to the floor.

It took Hinata a moment to figure out what had happened. but when she did, anger seeped out of her. Sasuke had taken his katana, and taken a swipe at her. She would probobly be dead if Naruto hadn't jumped in front of her.

Taking a kunai out of her pouch she walked up to him.

"This is for Naruto."

And stabbed him in the heart.

Running next to Naruto, she began to heal him, but Gaara stopped her.

"You don't have enough chakra, you'll kill yourself. and I doubt you have enough chakra to save Naruto. It's no good to kill you too. They have a nurse on the ship, the wound isn't that bad, let her take care of it."

Hinata grudgingly nodded, and, she picked up Sakura.

"We can't leave her here." Hinata said, seeing Gaara's curious stare.

Gaara nodded and picked up Naruto, and they headed torwards the nurse.

----------------------------------------------------------

Will Naruto survive, is there any way to save Sakura? find out next time!

Cliffhanger! Yay! Well, not yay for the readers....

Oh, and I'll explain the purple mist seeping from her body in the next chapter....

See ya! (for now...)
Consolment by Keiko Hyuuga
Hello! i'm sorry it took me so long to update, but, I'm pretty satified with this chapter.....
----------------------------------------------------------

Hinata and Gaara sat in the waiting room of the nurses office, feeling far from patient. Hinata re-adopted her old habit and started twiddling her thumbs, and Gaara looked as though the sadness of losing his girlfriend and the possability that Naruto was dead was thorouly exhausting him. Hinata daydremed about Naruto, praying that he was alive and the wound had been a minor one. Hinata was snapped out of her not-so-happy thoughts and into reality by a nurses voice.

"Hyuuga Hinata, Gaara?"

"Er, yes?" Hinata said, stumbling over her words.

"Your blonde friend is fine. The wound was minor, and simple to heal." The nurse said with a smile.

"Naruto!" Hinata yelled as she ran up and hugged him (lol SUPER GLOMP!)

"Hinata...chan...can't breathe...." Naruto choked out.

Hinata loosened her grip on him, and laid her head on his chest, felt the smooth and constant rythym of his heartbeat, her breath keeping perfect time.

"I was afraid you were.... dead." Hinata said, without letting go of the fox-boy.

"Er, um, on the note of death..." The nurse began grimly, "There was nothing I could do for your pink-haired friend. The wound was deep, and in a place that's hard for even the most experianced healing nin to heal."

"Well then...." Hinata said quitely, do you know when we'll be landing?" Hinata asked, Naruto and Gaara looked at her like she was crazy, unaffected by Sakura's death.

"Yes. We'll be landing tomorrow, and then the fastest was back is by ship, it will take about two days to get to Konoha by ship." The nurse said, also looking at Hinata like she ought to be in an insane asylum.

"Thank you. Is there any way to preserve the body, in the case we want to have a funeral?" Although that was not the reason she wanted to body preserved. the nurse looked put-off by the question, but answered.

"Yes, I'll make sure the body is preserved."

Meanwhile, Naruto was pulling her away.

"When will we be landing?!" He asked angrily, "Sakura is dead and all you care about is when we land!"

"No, Naruto-kun!" Hinata said, her feelings hurt, "I think if we get there quick enough, maybe Tsununde coul heal her!" Naruto stopped pulling her, and stared for a moment.

"I know it's a long shot." she continued, "But maybe..."

Naruto hugged Hinata.

"I'm sorry Hina-chan. I should'nt have jumped to conclusions about why you were worried about when landed."

"It's alright, Naruto. But lets go to bed, the whole day has been exhausting."

Naruto nodded, and walked to bed with her. but, apparently, they weren't too tired, because that night, they engaged in the oldest form of consolment, and the oldest expression of love.

----------------------------------------------------------

In case you didin't know, they're having sex.... 8D..... god, Jiriah, I'm going to kill you for turning me inot a pervert. Oh, and I didn't say Gaara's last name because I have no idea what it is....
Chapter 13 by Keiko Hyuuga
The last day on the airship passed uneventfully. Naruto, So bored....nothing to do....so....I WRITE A NEW CHAPTER! Oh, And I realized that I never explained the purple mist seeping from Hinata. Well, I am going to this chapter.
----------------------------------------------------------

The last day on the airship passed uneventfully. Naruto, Hinata and Gaara acted as though they were largely unaffected by Sakura's apparent death. Thats not to say that Naruto and Hinata didn't pat Gaara on the shoulder to console him, and there were plenty of "I'm so sorry"s and "She's in a better place"s. somtimes, even the nurses and other passengers on the ship who had heard of Sakura's premature death, would console him. Gaara would always amile weakly, thank them, and then walk away, but Hinata and Naruto both new that Sakura's death had hit him harder than he was showing. Nontheless, hinata was having problems of her own.

"Naruto....I feel likes it my fault that Sakura is dead." Hinata confessed to the fox-boy sadly, "I mean, I couldn't heal her, and that's my fault."

"Hinata!" Naruto scolded, "You can't blame yourself, you did nothing wrong. It's not your fault that she couldn't be healed. The wound was just too deep, and in a bad place."

"We will be landing shortly. I repeat, we will be landing shortly." A voice on the intercom said, interrupting Naruto and Hinata's conversation. Hinata looked at her feet, not wanting Naruto to see the tears in her eyes. Suddenly, Naruto was struck with curiosity.

"Hinata, when you fought Sasuke, that purple mist that was coming off of you....what was it?"

Hinata looked slightly put-off by the question, but managed to choke out "It...it turns my anger into chakra, releases my innocence, if you will. But, it also can kill me, and if I get angry enough, I'll kill everyone in my path." Hinata said.

"Sort'of like when I grow the fourth kyuubi tail...." Said Naruto sadly.

"Yeah."

Suddenly, they felt a bump.

"We must be landing." Naruto observed.

"Ok, then, lets get off of this ship, and get back to Konoha." Hinata said unhappily.

"Yeah."

----------------------------------------------------------
I like this chapter....A little short, but still good.
Chapter 14 by Keiko Hyuuga
Sorry it took me forever to update. Can you spell L-A-Z-Y....XD
----------------------------------------------------------
As Hinata, Naruto, and Gaara walked out of the airship, they gasped. This land was just as beautiful, if not more beautiful than Konoha. But, as Hinata and Naruto turned back to look at Gaara, the beautiful image was instantly shattered, because, there, in Gaara's arms, was a body bag that contained none other than the body of Haruno Sakura. Sighing, Hinata looked ready to cry once again because of the daeth of her friend. Naruto embraced her as though to say "Hinata, please don't cry." hinata seemed to understand and bit her lower lip, and although her eyes began to shine, she refused to let a single tear drift down her nearly flawless face. Naruto nodded in approval, and offered to carry the body, but Gaara shook his head.

"No, Naruto."

"Alright." hinata sighed once again and began walking through town.

"We need to find the docks..." Naruto walked up to a man and asked for directions while Hinata and Gaara continued to look for the docks.

"Thataway." the man said, pointing to north.

"Arigoto." Naruto said, and and began to lead Hinata and Gaara through town. Hinata paused periodically to look at "Sakura," but other than that small movement, kept her head looking forwards, and continued walking in a straight line. Gaara followed suit, and his expression was even more stoic than usual. As they boarded the ship, Hinata tried to remember how long it would take to get home.

"How long did the nurse say it would take to get home?"

"I don't know....two days, I think..." Naruto sighed. Hinata laid her head on his shoulder, and sighed.

'Oh, I hope Tsununde can heal her....' She thought grimly. 'Oh, thats the most unlikely thing ever...but, I still hope....'
----------------------------------------------------------

Shorteth again. I'm sorry. but, i'm just gonna skip the two days on the airship, and once they get back in Konoha, it's gonna be awsome! (I've been planning out the next chapter forever....!)
Chapter 15 by Keiko Hyuuga
Author's Notes:
I'm ever so sorry if this is a big cliffy.... Oh well, bye!
OK, like I said, I'm skipping the entire two-day trip on the water-ship.....Just cuz I have absolutely zero idea as to what they could do on the ship that would make for a mildly interesting chapter, and I'm too lazy to try to think of smthing....XD
----------------------------------------------------------

Naruto, Gaara, and Hinata smiled as the village gates came into veiw. It had been a while since they had seen the village of their birth, and they all felt like dancing, except for one thing. Sakura. As though on cue, three small ninja jumped in front of them as they walked past the gates.

"No one enters Konoha without our permission- Hey, where's Sakura?"

Now, Konohomaru had no idea that she was dead, and that simply saying her name would send all three of the ninja spiraling into depression, and he wouldn't have asked if he had known. But, being clueless and curious, much like his idol, he asked anyway. At the sound of her name, Hinata began sobbing loudly, Naruto looked at his feet, and Gaara bit his lower lip, as though he was trying impossibly hard not to cry.

"She's not....is she?" Moegi stuttered, eyeing the body bag in Gaara's arms.

Naruto managed to look up from his feet long enough to nod, and Moegi began following Hinata's example and weeping. Udon just stared at Naruto as though he couldn't comprehend what he had said, and Konohamaru looked much like Gaara. Naruto, Gaara and Hinata walked silently past the three genin, tears wetting their path as they walked. As they entered the village, Hinata said.

"We should go report to Tsununde-sama."

"I geuss we shoud see baa-chan....we have to ask her to heal Sakura, anyway....."

By now, everyone had lost hope that the medic-nin could be healed, but they continued to act as though they believed that Sakura could somehow be revived.

"Yeah."

As they walked torwards the tower, they many people greeted them, including Neji and Tenten.

"Hey, Hey, guys! Nejo, they're OK! wait, where's Sakura-chan? Not...not in the body bag, right?"

After grimly explaining their situation, Tenten and Neji looked almost as grim as the other three ninja. Tenten looked as though she wanted to kill somthing, and Neji was slowly sliding away, not wanting to be the closest thing to her if she exploded. Nontheless, despite his Tenten-avoidance, it was obvious that he felt bad, too.

"Oh, we shoulda trusted the omens!" Tenten yelled. "Ah, it's all our fault!"

"Heh? Omens?"

"Yeah, there were some bad omens and stuff....."

"Well, we're going to report to Tsununde. Bye."

Once again the group began torwards the Hokage Tower, saying hello to others, but not staying long enough for them to ask the dreaded question, "What happened to Sakura?" When they finally reched the tower, they raced past the gaurds, Gaara still holding the black bag which held his love's body.

-----------------------------

Tsununde had been busy all day (pretending) to do paperwork, so when the two Chuunin and Single Genin entered her office, she was not a happy camper.

"Tsununde-sama? we are back to report the success of the mission."

At fist, Tsununde was half-tempted to throw her desk at him, but them she realized what he had called her.

'Did...did he call me Tsununde-samma....? not Baa-chan or Granny....Spmthing's not right here....'

"What's wrong?" she asked worriedly.

"It's...it's Sakura-chan...she's...dead...." Hinata explained sadly, more than sadly, she sounded downright depressed.

"Dead, How?"

"It was Sasuke....He...he was on the ship....too."

Suddenly, in a flurry of motion, Tsununde was out of her chair, grabbing a peice of paper, and writing somthing on it. Suddenly, she grabbed the bag out of Gaara's arms, and was running into an emergency room.

"Hurry! I need someone with a ton of chakra in here, now!"

At first, the group just stood there in shock, but soon Gaara and Hinata started torwards her desk, planning to read what the Hokage had written, but Naruto stopped them.

"No, it's not time yet."

Hinata and Gaara turned around, and nodded, as they both sensed it. But regarless of whether she had meant to or not, she had read part of the letter.

My Name is Tsununde, and I am the 5th Hokage of the hidden leaf village. If you are reading this, the operation I have performed on Haruno Sakura is a success, and she will live. However, her life has been traded for another.

----------------------------------------------------------


What is Tsununde talking about?! what did she do?! And how will Naruto's fate be forever changed?! Find out of the next exciting episode of Flying High, Sinking Low! (Dramatic music)

Oh, and I'm sorry to those of you who don't like an emotional Gaara. Deal with it! (He's almost never just stoic and monotone in my stories...)
Life and Death by Keiko Hyuuga
OK, for those of you who read the last chapter, no, the person with a ton of chakra is not Naruto. I just said that as a clue to the jutsu she is doing. I'm sorry for any confusion I may have caused. And I'm tired of people posting in the comments "What prmoise" and "What did he want to change about the Hyuuga clan?" For all of you who are asking or wondering, during the neji and Naruto chuunin exam fight, Neji was saying stuff about the Main and Branch families, naruto promised to change it when he became hokage! Now, on to the story!
----------------------------------------------------------

Naruto, Hinata and Gaara sat out side the operating room. There were the sounds of occasionbally shouts and moans coming from inside. Hinata stood up and began to pace, twiddling her thumbs as she went.

"Hina-chan, sit down, that is not going to help anyone."

"I know, Naruto-kun. It's just that I hate sitting here and doing nothing."

----------------------------------------------------------

I hope you like it!

Naruto sighed and stood up. He wrapped his arms around raven-haired kunoichi, and whispered to her "Relax." Hinata nodded, and sat back down, but she continued to wring her hands.

'Oh, Sakura....I hope your alright...'

Suddenly, there was the sound of happy screams, and sad yells at once. A girl, looking to be about eighteen, walked out, a large smile plastered on your face. Her hair was a deep violet, and her eyes matched perfectly.

"Naruto-kun, Hinata-chan, Gaara-kun! I am Migoto Ikasu. Sakura-chan is going to live!"

For a moment, they all just sat there, staring at her. but finally, Naruto bounded up.

"Amazing, oh, i gotta go thank Granny!" He was already running to the door, but the nurse stopped him. Her once smiling face was now grim, and kind eyes now looked sad.

"I...I believe it's time you read the note...."

Hinata was the first one to grasp what she meant, and walked torwards the office. As she passsed through the doors, she could feel her hands shaking. What had the Hokage written? She remember the first part of it, but what was in the rest of the mysterious note? hinata eagerly picked it up, and began to read out loud.

"My Name is Tsununde, and I am the 5th Hokage of the hidden leaf village. If you are reading this, the operation I have performed on Haruno Sakura is a success, and she will live. However, her life has been traded for another. I have performed an operation that before only a very special Sand shinobi was able to do. I have performed a life-tranfer jutsu, that, before, belonged to Chiyo-basama. As most of you will know what this means, I realize that a new Hokage will be needed. As my last command and decree as Hokage, I hereby elect Uzumaki Naruto to take my place as Hokage."

When Hinata finished, she stood very stil, holding the note, not believing what she had just read. Tsununde was dead?

"I...I can't believe it...." Naruto stuttered.

"Neither can I." Hinata mumbled, still staring at the slightly crumpled note.

Naruto was feeling a mix of emotions. Mostly sadness that the Hokage he had grown so fond of was gone, but a small flame of happiness that he would now become Hokage.

"Naruto....Hinata, Gaara?"

All three ninja whirled around at the familiar female voice.

"Sakura!"

Gaara hugged her and kissed her until she was blushing worse than Hinata used to, Hinata hugged her so hard Sakura had to catch her breath after words, and Naruto tosed her into the air, before catching her and setting her safelty back on ground. All four were smiling now. Until Sakura brought up the dreaded question.

"Well, Hokage. I believe we must have a funeral for the Fifth."

Naruto nodded, and quitely walked away, planning to find Shizune so she could tell him how the heck he was to organize the funeral. Gaara, Sakura, and Hinata however, walked around the village, giving the news that Tsununde was no longer in this world, and that Naruto was the Hokage. When the reached the Hyuuga compound, Hinata bravely knocked on the door. A very angry Hiashi appeared there.

"Hinata, where have you been?!" He asked.

"At the hospital, Father. I bring news. Tsununde, she has moved onto the next world, and Naruto is now Hokage."

For a moment he was silent. Hinata prayed he would not explode. She knew that it had taken forever just to get him to be OK with Naruto and herself dating, how would he respond to this.

Not well.

"WHAT?! HE CAN"T JUST BECOME HOKAGE WHENEVER HE FEELS LIKE!!"

"He didn't, Tsununde wrote a note, as sort of will, I suppose, and it specifically named Naruto as our Hokage." she walked away before Hiashi had time to yell. but, as she walked away, she called back over her shoulder

"Oh, and he's going to keep the promise he made during the exams. He's going to change the way the Hyuuga's work."
Chapter 17 by Keiko Hyuuga
OK, first of all...GOMEN GOMEN GOMEN!!! I'm sorry it took me so friggin' long to update, but I got sick, then I got a cat, then we had SAT at school, but now, since it's finnaly spring vacaition, I get to actually update. This will be the last chapter. Happy day! I'm not saying I didn't enjoy writing this, but as this was my first story, I'm looking forward to be able to write a better story with my newly learned fanfic-writing skills. Oh, and to all those wonddering about the last part at the last chapter, during the chuunin exams, Naruto promised to change the hyuugas after Neji complained about the main and branch families and all that jazz.
----------------------------------------------------------

Naruto stood up, and looked at the sky. It was all too nonstalgic. The sky was gray, and the fifth's picture stood on a table in front of the village's inhabitants. Naruto cleared his throat, and began.

"I am Uzumaki Naruto. And, as most of you already know, the new Hokage."

There were grunts of disapproval in the crowd.

"We are here to honor the Fifth Hokage, who gave her life to save her number one student, Haruno Sakura."

Some people turned to glare at Sakura, but she ignored them.

"She was an amazing Hokage, and she will never be forgotten." He paused. "Not only will she never be forgotten, but she will live on. In the mountain, in our minds, and in our hearts."

Sakura clapped quitely, and even those who hated Naruto smiled. But then, the sad part began.

Naruto was the first to place a white flower in front of Tsununde's picture, followed by Hinata, Gaara, and Sakura. the rest of the village followed suit, until there were at least a hundred flowers on the table. The crowd slowly began to disperse, one person at a time, until only Naruto, Gaara, Hinata and Sakura remained. the space looked empty and unhappy without the thousands of people.

"She was a great woman." Naruto began.

"Yeah." Gaara agreed.

"I...I almost wish she hadn't saved me..." Sakura said with a sigh.

"Sakura, no, don't think that way!" Hinata scolded her.

For a moment, all was quiet, and not a single voice could work it's way out of the ninjas' mouths.

"Well, nothing can be gained standing around here..." Naruto said finally. "Hinata, will you come with me?"

"Al...Alright..."

Gaara looked confused. Why did he want Honata to come with him? Sakura, however, smiled knowingly. Naruto took Hinata's hand and led her away. He told her to close her eyes, and he lifted her up in his arms. Hinata could feel him running, but she didn't feel at all insecure. She knew he wouldn't drop her.

"Open them."

Hinata opened her eyes, and gasped. They were on top of the Hokage Mountain, and the sun was just beginning to set.

"Naruto-kun...what is this...?"

"Shh...Just wait." And with sparkle in his eyes, he got down on one knee, and said,

"Hinata, will you marry me?"

----------------------------------------------------------

Hope you like it, the end!
This story archived at http://www.narutofic.org/viewstory.php?sid=7244