A Definate Change by Midori_chan
Summary: Sometimes change is good. Things fall apart just so other things can fall together, but everything always works out in the end. HAH. Yeah right. When a girl gets transferred to a new school things change, all aren't for the better.
Categories: General Fiction Characters:
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: No Word count: 4226 Read: 4685 Published: 05/02/07 Updated: 06/02/07

1. Chapter 1 by Midori_chan

2. Chapter 2 by Midori_chan

3. Chapter 3 by Midori_chan

4. Chapter 4 by Midori_chan

5. Chapter 5 by Midori_chan

Chapter 1 by Midori_chan
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto, otherwise I would've written myself into the storyline by now. >.
A fourteen-year-old girl walked down the hallway of a new school she had never seen before. A bag slung around her shoulder, carrying all of her supplies. Her brown hair swayed back and forth as she walked. Her hair had blonde highlights that complemented her delicate features. Her brown orbs studying every detail and student in the hallway. Her name you ask? Dylan. Yes, it was an uncommon name for a girl, but it made her unique. She walked into her first class, as she walked through the doorway she tripped on air and fell to the floor. Her books and papers flew everywhere. She blushed slightly; she tripped at least once a day.
A hand was offered as she looked up. It was her new teacher.
“Hello,” he said his face half covered in a mask; Dylan thought this was extremely weird for a teacher to have his face half-way covered.
“I’m your new teacher, Kakashi-sensei.” He continued with a grin on his face, it was somewhat visible to see behind his mask. “You must be Dylan.”
She nodded. He helped her pick up her books and introduced her to the class. “Class, this is Dylan. She’s new here, so please make her feel welcome.” The class groaned. ‘Typical school’ Dylan thought to herself. “Please take a seat between Hinata and Sasuke.” With that, he turned to the blackboard to write the assignments for that day.
Sasuke looked up from his notebook when his name was called, “Hn.” He returned to doodling in his book.
Hinata twiddled her fingers and raised her hand so that she could let Dylan know where she was.
Dylan walked to her desk between the two students and sat down. Her desk was dead center of the class room. She placed her bag beside her desk, reaching for an unlabeled notebook. She scavenged for a permanent marker, but was out of luck. Just at that moment a student with blonde spiky hair zoomed in through the doorway. Strange whisker marks remained on his cheeks. “Sorry, I’m late sensei. I-”
“It’s fine Naruto, just take your seat.” Kakashi said with his attention still on the blackboard.
Naruto placed a small yellow slip on Kakashi’s desk. Dylan guessed this was a tardy-slip. He walked over to his seat, which was right in front of Dylan. ‘Hm, maybe he has a marker’ Dylan thought. She lightly tapped his shoulder. He turned around to face her; he was pretty cute in Dylan’s opinion. He had the prettiest blue eyes she had ever seen; she was a sucker for a cute guy with blue eyes. “Do you have a permanent marker I could use?” He looked and thought for a moment, then reached in his pencil case. He finally fished out a marker and handed it to her. “Thanks.” She said taking it from him. He flashed a wide grin. Dylan began to write her name in the top right-hand corner on the cover of her notebook.
“Die-lin? What kinda name is that?” Naruto asked.
“It’s Dylan dobe.” Sasuke spoke up, not looking up from his doodles.
Dylan looked over at Sasuke, ‘He’s pretty cute too’ she stared at his gorgeous face, or at least what she could see of it. His head still remained focused on his drawing.
“Dill-in huh?” Naruto asked again, shocking Dylan; when she was looking at Sasuke she began to day-dream. She nodded.
“Ain’t that a guy’s name?”
“I don’t want to hear any talking back there.” Kakashi said glancing at them.
When he turned back to the board Dylan continued. “Yeah, but my parents liked it for a girl.” She whispered, slightly embarrassed of her name.
“That’s weird!” Naruto said, trying his best to whisper.
“Like Naruto’s a normal name.” Sasuke scoffed back at him in a whisper.
“N-n-naruto-kun, that wasn’t very nice.” Hinata quietly said, continuing to twiddle her fingers. Her voice was so quiet that they failed to hear her.
“Aww, shut up Sasuke!” Naruto yelled.
“I told you no talking back there! Sasuke, Naruto, and Dylan, congratulations you’ll be spending your Saturday morning in this room.” Dylan’s jaw dropped, ‘He sounds kinda like a librarian, always wanting it quiet’ she thought to herself.
“But that’s not fair sensei!” Naruto stood up in his seat. “Shouldn’t we be able to tell you why we were talking?”
“Shut up baka, you’re the one that got us into this.” Sasuke said coolly, facing the blackboard. Naruto sunk into his chair, feeling humiliated. Dylan and Hinata giggled, watching the boys fight was slightly entertaining.
“Alright, since that’s over, let’s get started. Please turn to page 57 in your text books.” The students grabbed their text books and flipped to the said page. ‘This is going to be an interesting first day’ Dylan thought, reading along in the text as Kakashi read aloud.
A small folded piece of paper landed on her desk, she looked around to see if her sensei was paying attention, then opened it.
Want to sit with me at lunch?
Maybe I could show you around too.
Hinata
Dylan nodded, Hinata smiled. Sasuke glanced over at Dylan; she returned his gaze and smiled. His eyes narrowed and slowly he shut his eyes. She titled her head questionably, and then turned to face the teacher. ‘Strange girl,’ he thought to himself, ‘but there’s something about her’.
Chapter 2 by Midori_chan
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto T_T and I'm hoping you'll like my story more as it goes on.
“H-hey, if you need any help finding your classes I’ll be happy to show you around.” Hinata smiled, getting out of her seat. Homeroom had just ended.
“Yeah, my next class is gym.” Dylan said reading off her schedule. Hinata peaked over Dylan’s shoulder to read it too. “W-we have science and social studies together. W-we have lunch together too, a lot of people in homeroom have lunch together, even some older kids.” Hinata said. “Okay, so I’ll see you at lunch, fifth and seventh hour?” Dylan asked. Hinata nodded and grabbed her books. She then went to her next class.
“Dylan-san, may I see you for a moment?” Kakashi asked. Dylan nodded; she then walked over to her sensei’s desk but accidentally bumped into Sasuke. “S-sorry.” She stuttered, she sounded kind of like Hinata.
“Hn.” He said walking off. ‘Hm, weird guy, yet still cute’ Dylan thought, she then continued over to Kakashi’s desk. Once she arrived she stood in-front of him and he began to talk.
“I’m sorry about punishing you on your first day; I’m just very strict about talking in homeroom.”
“It’s alright, you’re a teacher, and it’s your job. I shouldn’t have been talking anyway.” She said looking into his visible eye.
“Okay, well you better get to second hour.” He said.
“Yeah, see you sensei.” She said as she walked out of the classroom and headed to her locker. She stopped in-front of it and dialed the combination on the small lock ‘3-32-7-6.’ she said mentally, turning each number. She almost had it open when all of the sudden she heard a shriek. “Darn it.” She whispered, she had put in the wrong number, now she had to start all over again! Where did that scream come from?
“Sasuke-kun!!” Girls’ screams were heard throughout the school. She looked across the hallway, only to see Sasuke. He leaned coolly against his locker and stared at the ceiling. Out of nowhere a swarm of girls were surrounding him, asking about what happened in homeroom.
“Sasuke, who got you in trouble?”
“Are you alright Sasuke-poo?”
“I’ll give the person that got you in trouble a piece of my mind!”
Dylan was overwhelmed ‘Word sure travels quickly around here’; she continued to watch the scene. A girl with short pink hair stomped out of the crowd. “Hey you!” she said pointing to Dylan. “Did you do anything to my Sasuke-kun?” She said getting right in Dylan’s face; she was so close that Dylan could actually feel her hot breath. “I didn’t do anything to him, I barely know the guy.” Dylan said being completely honest, how could she get someone in trouble that she hardly knew? “How do I know how well you know him?” this remark came from a girl with long blonde hair in a pony-tail who stepped out of the crowd and stood beside the pink haired girl. “If you did anything,” the girl with pink hair spoke again “ANYTHING to him, I’ll-” the girl was interrupted by a deep voice. “Sakura, Ino, she didn’t do anything. It was Naruto.” Sasuke said, his voice could be heard from behind all of the girls.
“NARUTO!!” They all screamed, and headed for the blonde haired big-mouth. Dylan sighed a sigh of relief ‘Geez, I thought I was going to get beaten up’. Sasuke walked past her. “Hey, thanks for that.” Dylan said thanking him. He stopped with his back still turned to her and spoke.
“Arigato.”
“Hm?”
“It means thank you.”
“Oh, well, arigato then.” Dylan said
“Don’t let them bug you,” he said turning to face her, “they’re just stupid fan-girls and Sakura and Ino are the worst of them all. If they ever bug you, just tell me.” With that he turned around and continued to his next class. “Arigato Sasuke-kun.” Dylan said in a whisper as she watched him take his leave; she then heard the warning bell.
“Crap!”
Chapter 3 by Midori_chan
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto, wish I did though.
“Where is that youthful new student? If she doesn’t arrive here soon I’ll have to do 158 laps around the track.” The perky gym teacher said. He wore a sporting green jumpsuit with a bowl-cut hair do. A student of his co-ed gym class spoke up.
“I’d gladly do them with you Gai-sensei!” It was none other than his look alike, Rock Lee.
“Oh Lee! Your youthfulness makes me want to ride off into the sunset!”
“Gai-sensei!”
“Lee!”
“Gai-sensei!”
“Le-”
Gai-sensei was interrupted by a boy who had red marks on his cheeks. “I think she’s here sensei.”
“Oh, arigato Kiba. We’ll continue this later Lee!” Gai said saluting. And of course Lee did the same. Kiba grinned slightly; Gai and Lee were quite entertaining when they were together. “Bark bark!” A dog popped out of a bag around Kiba’s back.
“Quiet Akamaru, stay in my bag. Dogs aren’t allowed in school.” Kiba said gently pushing him back into the bag.
“Mhm, mhmmm.” Akarmaru whined as he sunk back into the bag.
“That’s it, good boy.” Kiba praised, he then walked over to the bleachers and set his bag down and sat beside it.
Dylan walked in with her gym uniform on. She thought the uniforms were hideous, the shirt was grey and read “Gai’s Youthful Gym!” and the shorts were a deep green. She was somewhat confused on what had just been going on. ‘Was he just talking to a dog? What’s up with that sensei and student? Odd’ she thought to herself.
“Hello there!” She was greeted by the odd sensei. Lee was standing right beside him. “I’m your gym teacher Gai-sensei!”
“I know, I heard you and Lee is it?” Dylan asked staring at Lee ‘Man does he have some eyebrows’ she thought in shock.
“Yeah, that’s my name!” Lee said enthusiastically.
“Well, you’re late, and we all know what happens when you’re late! Would someone like to tell this youthful girl?”
“Ooooooh me Gai-sensei! Me! Me!” Lee said energetically raising his hand and hopping up and down.
“Alright, Lee you can explain, but first everyone have a seat on the bleachers.” Gai said giving one of his well known smiles. ‘It looks as if he’s posing for a picture’ thought Dylan. Dylan took a seat beside Kiba’s bag, so she was basically next to Kiba. He looked over at her ‘Hmm, she’s cute’. Once Dylan made herself comfortable she felt something wet tickling her ankle. She giggled at the feeling. ‘What is that?’ she wondered. Kiba immediately noticed her behavior and quickly commanded Akamaru to stop. “Akamaru!” He said in a loud enough whisper to get the dogs attention. Akamaru looked up at his master then back at Dylan, and then sunk into the bag. “Sorry about that.” Kiba said looking at her, “He’s just excited about meeting a new person.”
“It’s alright, I love animals. I’m sorry I didn’t catch his name,” she said looking down at the bag. She then looked up “or yours.”
Kiba blushed slightly, “Mi-mine’s Kiba, and that’s Akamaru.”
“Akamaru, that’s a strange name. What does it mean?” Dylan asked staring at Kiba’s deep brown eyes.
“Red, ya know, like the color?” He said blushing even more. ‘Why am I so nervous? She’s just a girl’. Dylan giggled at his blushing. “Hehe, you’re blushing akarmaru.” She said, he was so red the red marks on his face couldn’t even be seen. Their moment was interrupted by Lee. “When you’re late the whole class must do 300 push-ups! Then to cool off we do 160 sit-ups!” Lee said with a proud look on his face. “Exactly Lee! I have taught you well! Oh Lee!” Gai said hugging his pupil.
“Gai-sensei!” Lee said returning the embrace.
“Well, that’s enough for now Lee. Now let’s get to that youthful exercising!” Gai said beginning the push-ups. “1, 2, 3, 4, 5” Everyone got up from their seat and lay onto the gym floor and began along with the count.
“Argh. This is so weird; Lee shouldn’t even be in this class. He’s 15.” Kiba said in-between push-ups. “Then why’s he here?” Dylan asked. “Well, he’s Gai’s favorite student, so he let’s Lee help out with some gym classes. Even for Juniors and Seniors.” Kiba said. “Wow, talk about dedicated.” Dylan said. “So your name’s Dylan huh? How do you like Konoha High so far?” Kiba asked stopping for a moment to catch his breath. “It’s alright, kinda boring, but the day’s not even over yet. So who knows what could happen.” She said stopping with him. “48, 49, 50!”
Chapter 4 by Midori_chan
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: STILL don't own Naruto.
Dylan walked out of the girls’ change room, ‘Ugh, I’m so tired and it’s not even lunch yet.’ She was sore all over. She pulled her schedule out of her pocket, ‘Hmm, what’s next? Language arts, hope this class is better than the previous one’ Dylan thought shoving her schedule back into her pocket. She walked down the hallway until she arrived to a door that was labeled “LANGUAGE ARTS”. She turned the knob and entered the room. She was greeted by a man with large white hair.
“Oh, you must be Dylan; I’m your language arts teacher. I’m Jiraiya-sensei.” He said as he stuck out his hand. Dylan hesitantly shook it. ‘Hm, not too weird. His hair’s a little poofy though’
“Come in, come in. Take a seat wherever you’d like.” He spoke again, letting her enter first. Dylan glanced around the room, only seeing a few familiar faces; Sasuke and Sakura. Sasuke was sitting at his desk staring at the window; it was a gorgeous autumn day out. And of course, Sakura was wooing over Sasuke. He just sat there looking annoyed; Sakura didn’t notice how much she was bugging him and continued to talk. ‘Where to sit, where to sit?’ Dylan thought, she walked over to the desk beside Sakura’s. A dirty look was given by the pink haired girl; Dylan just ignored her and sat down; resting her head on her hand. ‘This class is so loud’ she thought to herself once more.
“Alright, alright quiet down.” Jiraiya’s booming voice was heard. Dylan sat up straight in her seat and took out a notebook. She flipped to the first page and wrote her name, when she looked up she noticed a boy was sitting in the desk in-front of hers. His hair was brown and poofy, poofier than her sensei’s, she couldn’t even see over his head. And she swore she saw some little creatures crawling on him. ‘Bugs?!’ She leaned to the side, still failed to see. She groaned and raised her hand, hoping her finger tips were visible.
“Yes, Dylan?”
“Can I have a different seat, I can’t really see over his head.”
“Well maybe if you weren’t so short you would be able to see.” Sakura commented.
“I’m the same height as you.” Dylan pointed out. Dylan earned yet another dirty look from her.
“Sakura, cool it. It’s hard to see over Shino.” Dylan somehow recognized that voice, could it be?
“Oh of course Sasuke, you’re always right!” Sakura’s green orbs turned to pink hearts as she stared at the Uchiha dreamily. Dylan just rolled her eyes ‘obsessed much?’
“Alright Dylan, take this seat in-front of Sasuke.” Jiraiya said pointing to the said seat. Dylan grabbed her books and clutched them to her chest, she felt as if all eyes were on her. She sat down and placed her books on her desk.
“Let’s get started class, does anyone remember the homework I assigned a few weeks ago that was due today?” Jiraiya asked, his hands behind his back.
Dylan looked around the room, only one person hand their hand raised and he was the person in the desk beside her.
“Shikamaru.” Jiraiya pointed at the student.
“We needed to write a report about something or someone that we hate.”
Dylan looked at the boy; he was cute in his own way I guess. He had his brown hair pulled back and seemed pretty smart.
“Good, good. Now who would like to share their report?” There was a long pause. “Nobody eh? How about,” Jiraiya’s eyes searched all over the room until he finally said “Shino.”
The boy with the big hair got out of his seat and went to the front of the class. As he was speaking, Dylan was writing down the assignments for this class. Suddenly, her pencil tip broke. “Shit.” She whispered, she searched through her things; trying to find another writing utensil, but failed. Sasuke noticed her curse, he stared at the back of her head ‘Should I give her my extra?’ he pondered upon himself. Almost as if on cue, Dylan turned around to face him. Onyx orbs met brown. “Do you have a pencil I could borrow?” She tried her best to whisper, so she wouldn’t disturb the presentation. He nodded and handed her his spare. “Th- I mean, arigato.” She said with a smile. “Hn.” He felt his lips curl up. “Is that a smile?” Dylan teased. “I don’t smile.” He said, giving a famous smirk. “I see.” Dylan said, smirking back. With that she turned around
Chapter 5 by Midori_chan
Author's Notes:
Heyy, hope you guys like it so far! Also, I need more ideas of what could happen. Feel free to review or message me :]!

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto, I do own myself though.
A bell was heard throughout the school.
“Alright get outta here, remember your assignment. Due first thing tomorrow!” The language arts teacher was heard, as well as other teachers, as they dismissed their students to lunch. It was as if the students were dying of hunger, they rushed out of the room so fast that you wouldn’t have even known it was full of students a second ago. Dylan packed her things away in her bag and threw it around her shoulder. She looked at the pencil that remained in her hand ‘I’d better return this to Sasuke’ she thought. She then made her way out of the room, the door slammed behind her. She turned her head ‘odd..’ her attention was then focused on a mob of girls, the same girls that almost attacked her in the hallway; Sasuke was nowhere to be seen. She sighed and shoved the pencil in her pocket, then walked down to the cafeteria. She walked through the swinging doors and was amazed; their cafeteria was full of food. And it actually looked eatable; the food at her old school would crawl off of your tray before you got the chance to eat it. ‘Hm, where’s Hinata?’ Dylan was brought out of her thoughts with a shove.
“Move it scrub!” Dylan fell to the floor and looked at the group of people who just walked away. A girl with blonde hair in a series of pony-tales was the leader of the group and apparently the person who pushed her. She stomped off to their table and had a seat. Following behind her was a boy in a black hoodie, Dylan was pretty sure he had purple make-up on his face too. There was also a boy with red spiky hair with piercing green-blue eyes. They were shaded along the rims with eyeliner. Others followed as well, but Dylan didn’t get a good look at them.
A new group entered the lunch room, a person who she recognized as Rock Lee was in this group. A few others followed such as a girl who had brown hair, much like Dylan’s natural color, in two buns on-top of her head and a boy with long chocolate brown hair. He looked down at Dylan; he had Hinatas pearl eyes ‘Could they be related?’. Their eyes locked for a moment, until he was pulled away by the girl with the bun hairstyle.
“C’mon Neji.” The girl said grabbing his arm, “We have to get to our table before the freshmen do.” With that they walked away and Dylan was left alone. She wiped off the dust on her jeans and was ready to stand up until she noticed a hand, offered to help. She looked up to see Sasuke. “Ahhh, Sasuke, my savior.” She said with a grin. He smirked then rolled his eyes. Dylan grabbed onto his hand and he pulled her up, once she was to her feet the cafeteria had become silent. Everyone was staring, at them, including Ino and Sakura. They each gave her a death glare. She blushed slightly, “Um, thanks.” She said with a small smile. She only earned a ‘hn’ from the Uchiha, he then walked off. Dylan searched for Hinata; she soon found Hinatas pearl eyes and walked over to her table.
Dylan sat down on the cold, solid bench and looked at the people around her. Hinata was right across from her, nibbling on a carrot stick; that was probably the most noise she had made all day. Dylan glanced around the lunch room, hoping to find a pair of onyx eyes. Soon enough she had finally found them, they were looking right into Dylan’s eyes. ‘God, his eyes could kill’ Dylan thought to herself, she then heard a loud shriek; coming from the two fan-girls she had met earlier.
“I’m sitting by Sasuke!” Shouted Ino, from where Dylan was sitting she looked like a Barbie clone.
“Oh no you’re not, Ino-pig!” This reply came from Sakura. Dylan turned around; their argument could still be heard.
“Do they do this every lunch hour?” She asked Hinata, she nodded. “N-n-normally Sakura sits on Sasuke’s left and Ino on the right.” “Oh.” Dylan replied, the argument slowly died down and sure enough the fan-girls were sharing the Uchiha. A growl was heard, Dylan clutched her stomach. Hinata giggled and offered a carrot stick, Dylan shook her head no. “Ar-ar-are you sure Dylan-chan?” “Mhm.” Dylan said giving a weak smile, still holding onto her stomach. There was a moment of silence, Dylan then spoke up “Hey, Hinata, are you related to that guy over there?” Dylan said pointing to the one called Neji. “O-oh, yes. Th-that is my cousin, Neji. W-w-why do you ask?” “Oh, no reason.” Dylan said still looking at Neji. “D-d-do you like him Dylan-chan?” Hinata asked tilting her head, Dylan turned to face Hinata when this was asked, her cheeks turned a bright pink. “What?! Of course not, why would I-” she was interrupted by Hinata, “I-it’s just, if you do, you have a slight competition.” Dylan looked at Hinata, then back to Neji, “Who?” “Th-that girl over there, Tenten, she’s always had a thing for Neji.” Hinata said gesturing to the girl who pulled Neji away from Dylan earlier. “N-n-not only that, but he’s a sophomore, y-you wouldn’t really see him a lot.” “Hinata, your cousin is cute, but I don’t like him. I was just wondering who he was.” “O-oh, alright then.” Hinata said giving a warm smile. Dylan smiled back then looked over to Neji; she still wanted to learn more about him. Neji’s eyes met Dylan’s, she gasped, but his small smile seemed to heal the shock. His eyes were piercing, practically eating her alive. She smiled back, but felt as if someone else was staring at her. She turned her head to see Sasuke’s eyes; they looked as if they were full of confusion. ‘Was he watching that the whole time?’ Dylan wondered, he looked away. Dylan frowned; she had to find out more about him and Neji. This was going to be an interesting first day.
This story archived at http://www.narutofic.org/viewstory.php?sid=3266