TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Green Dragon of Red Line by light_mono

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: Although i put sexual themes as a warning, there aren't too many (unless i change my mind later on) so just thought i should put that out there.
Chapter notes: It is unnecessary to read this chapter because the only thing this chapter talks about is how the main character got a dragon which isn't all that important. Some other basic stuff is found here also, but the details and more info on it will be in future chapters anyway but whatever.
It is a sunny day and the wind is rolling gently along the rolling hills of the land. A little boy of about eight years old is running along while his mother is walking along behind him. "Mommy," he inquires, "what is that?" he turns to the object while pointing at it to show her what it was he wanted her to identify. "Why, that is a rose." And so it was, a fully matured rose with many dark red, velvet pedals and a little bit of morning dew running down to the tips of each pedal. "It's beutiful." the boy replies with a big grin on his face.
"Jonouchi...Hoy, Jonouchi, wake up!" a man says as he tries to wake up his fellow pirate. "Go away Dante, i'm trying to sleep." "The captain wants you up and to your position on crows nest, so get movin'." "No." "It's the captians orders!" "But i'm still tired, now go away (ZZzzz)." Dante does a face palm as he tries to think of a way to wake him up. "Whatcha doin Dante." "Ah, Naomi. Just who i wanted to see." "Of course you did you big perv." "I didn't mean that (although he did), i need your help in getting Jonouchi up." Naomi walks over to his hamock and bends down to his level, "Jonouchi, it's time to get up." "No." "Please?" "Rose, that stuff doesn't work on me." "My name isn't rose and you know it." "Yes i do, but i don't care." After making this remark, Naomi hits him so hard on the head that he falls off the hamock. "Goddamnit Rose!" "Just get going!" "Thanks." Dante says as she walks away, "No problem." When she leaves the room, Dante turns to Jonouchi who got up off the floor and whiped the dust off of his pants with his hands. He then starts leaving the room with Dante walking next to him.
It is about 8:30 am and it is a clear blue sky on the East Blue (a segment of the ocean that you wouldn't know about unless you've read the manga before. It's basically the eastern part of the planet that s divided between the grand and red lines). A few seagulls are flying above, and everybody on the Captain Sham's (yes, his name is Sham) ship is working hard. Some men are adjusting the mast, some are swabbin' the deck. Some are below dusting and checking and cleaning the cannon's and their balls (lawl) that are located on the starburd and port sides of the ship (unlike One Piece, i use ship terms to say which side of the ship i am refering to. Just so you know: Bow = front, Stern = back, Starburd = right, and Port = left). Naomi takes her place at the wheel because although she isn't Captain, it is the job of the first mate to control the ship (unless the captain chooses to steer it).
Jonouchi is about to go up the ladder when he hears his good friend, Mah S. Nah, (the "S" stands for Shugga and is a nickname only used by the females of the boat (there are three, Naomi "Rose", Tina, and Mira.)). "I think i can beat you this time, Jonouchi!" Mah is standing on at the top of the crows nest where the ladder is located. Jonouchi takes a couple steps back so Mah can have some room for landing (This game is called ladder jumping and is only done by Jonouchi and Mah because everyone else on the ship is a pussy (or because they're not mushuganas). The object is to jump from the crows nest and try to catch onto the rung of the ladder before hitting the ground which is extremely difficult because the mast is fuckin' tall, first off, and the ladder is loose which means that the wind will make it sway a lot of the time. Jonouchi is in the lead with 13 rungs from the ground (43 rungs in total)). Mah jumps, falls, reaches for the 13th rung, he wind blows it, he falls and hits the floor really really hard. But, luckily this is based off a manga and a manga is a japanese cartoon which means the floor boards don't break, and he breaks some ribs 'cause he landed face first but is able to get back up with the help of his friends. After all of that, Jonouchi sits in his position on the crows nest and looks through his telescope searching for passing ships, for if you haven't guessed already, this is a pirate ship.
It's been about an hour and Jonouchi spots a ship. He bends over the periphery (edge) of the crows nest and exclaims, "Captain! captain! Ship spotted to the port!" The crew on deck looks to the port and they do find another pirate ship sailing along. Captain Sham tells the crew to get ready to attack. Naomi steers the ship port and heads straight for the ship. The swabbies put away their brooms and buckets and take out their swords and flint-lock pistols. Those who were managing the cannons arm them and get their fighting attire as well. Jonouchi lays down in the crows nest taking a little snooze until they get about 450 yds in when the captain calls to him, "Jonouchi! What are you doing?" Jonouchi looks at the captain from above and states,"Uhh... nothing." "That's the problem Jonouchi!! You are our sharpshooter so you will do you job, understand!?" "Oh, sorry captain, i didn't realize how close we were to them!" On a regular pirate ship (like this one), the crew's weaponry consists of flint-locks, blunderbusts (single shot shotguns), swords, and boarding axes. Jonouchi was the crew's sharpshooter and his choice of weaponry was a single shot rifle (you had to reload everytime because their weren't even semi-auto rifles or even the ones with the bolt action back then i'm guessing). For close quarters he used a flint-lock and a knife. He didn't use a sword because he was poor and couldn't afford a sword (spent money on other things, NOT including hookers (the other male crew members did that)) first off, second, he was good with knives and has used them since he was 12 (he is now about 17), third, he just didn't give a shit about swords. So back on topic, he picks up his rifle which is leaning on the mast that sticks out in the middle of the crows nest, takes aim, and fires at one of the men on deck, hitting him in the abdomins (now if your a gun expert, you might say "wow, a shot to the gut at about 400 yds, that's amazing" in a sarcastic tone (but i'm not a gun expert so i wouldn't know), but if you think that is unimpresive in any way, i should remind you that in the pirate era, guns were inaccurate and kinda sucked. Just thought i should point that out is all). Of course the other crew members of the enemy ship is startled and confused. after about 5 to 6 seconds of reload time (take powder, pour down barrel, take bullet, put down barrel, take rod, shove bullet deeper down barrel without putting too much pressure on the powder so that it won't prematurely shoot bullet, put rod back in the holder), he aimed at one of the cannon men, fired and hit him in the chest startling the men that weren't on deck. Jonouchi keeps on repeating this cycle until they get closer. At the same time, the cannon's on his ship fire while the cannon's on the enemy ship also fire but at a slower pace because the people are still a little bit startled by Jonouchi's shooting. Once the ships are close enough, the crew boards them and after about 30 minutes or so, the ship is captured. Most of the enemy men is killed, the survivers are captured. Only two friendlies were injured, but they survive.
Jonouchi goes down from the crows nest and joins the rest of the crew in looting the ship. They take their food, treasure, maps, cloth, ammo, and other misc. items. Jonobanchi (incharge of everybody managing the cannons) comes out of the enemy ships' captain's quarters holding a little box. The enemy captain yells, "STOP!!!Please don't take that!!!" "Ahh, but we are pirates," Says Captain Sham, "and as such, we take things from our defeated enemies." The other captain looks to the floor with sadness. As it turned out though, Jonobanchi doesn't want the chest, for he'd rather have some gold instead. Jonouchi took his sweet time to join the rest of his crew, and Jonobanchi tells him, "Here, catch." and throws the container at him. He catches it and asks, "What is it?" "It's your payment." says Jonobanchi. "I do get gold with this right?" "Nope, I get the last of the gold, you get the Mystery Box. Congradulations!" "What!? That's not fair" "Who said life was?" says Tina while the rest of the crew gives Jonouchi a hard time. He decides to open the box and finds an egg inside. I also happened to be his lucky day because not only did the egg begin to hatch, but when it did hatch, out came a dragon (in One Piece, their are sea monsters, mermaids, devil fruit that can give people, andimals and even machinery special powers, giants, dinosaurs, etc. so their can also be dragons. If this bothers you, deal with it!). The dragon was abuot 5" long from the tip of it's nose to the end of it's tail. It had wings, was green, and had red eyes (aside from it's black pupil, no other colors, just red). It crawls up his hand and ends up on his shoulder. The rest of the crew looks at him as they realize that the dragon was much cooler to have gotten then some gold. Jonouchi goes to Jonobanchi and says, "Okay then, you win. The gold is ALL YOURS!!" "NO FAIR, I DIDN'T KNOW THAT THEIR WOULD BE A DRAGON INSIDE THE THING!!" "Well according to Tina, life is not fair." "SCREW YOU JONOUCHI!!"
After transfering all of the spoils form the enemy ship back to theirs and leave them with nothing, Mira turns to Jonouchi and asks, "So watcha gonna name it." "I think it's a her because, well nevermind. So i'll name her Nikata (don't know if it's a real name, don't care either). "Nikata? That's a nice name." She leans over to Nikata who is still on Jonouchi's shoulder and says "What do you think?" Nikata nodds a little to show her acceptance of this name. She then jumps onto Mira's arm and rubs against it a little to show that he likes her as a friend (i say as a friend because in One Piece, not only are people pervs, but so are animals and i just wanted to show Nikata isn't one of them). After a little bit, she goes back to Jonouchi's shoulder. He climbs the ladder to go back to his post on crows nest to make a nest or some spot for Nikata to sleep with some of the cloth the conquered ship had on it. Nikata eats a fish head that Gamobi (the chef) gave her and rests. Jonouchi spends the day and night looking at the open ocean for weather reports and other ships. But the ocean is calm and no enemies are about allowing for Nikata to have pleasant dreams.
Chapter end notes: Chapter One is completed. Please comment on this so i know whether i should continue writing because you think it is good, or if i should give up because nobody gives a shit about One Piece.