TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


A Vampire Rose by Crimson Lily

[Reviews - 69]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: okay! i had this amazing idea yesterday, and I decided to post this new story! It's going to be hard, having to juggle three stories now, but im really excited about it!! please review and enjoy!!!!
also....please note that the OOC warning is just cautionary, because there might be slight changes in character to better fit the character they play in A Vampire Rose. :D
Chapter 1: Graduation



“It is my great pleasure to present the class of 2009!” The Konoha High School principal announced, and there was a great resounding cheer emitted from both the ecstatic graduates and the crowd of parents and friends that sat in plastic chairs across the walkway that separated the two groups. The principal smiled warmly, and she gestured to the students with her hand, and they abandoned their seats and threw their hats into the air, some kids were crying, others laughing. And there were some who were not reacting at all, just standing there in blank shock, shock that their high school years were over.

That last one was precisely what I was doing.

I didn’t hear anything around me, just the sound of my beating heart. It was…over. No more high school. It was such a foreign thought, one that I hadn’t thought I would ever have in my head. High school was supposed to last forever, right?

Heh. What am I thinking?

I shook my head, and looked around at all of the people who were graduating along with me. Most of them were already with their families; being congratulated and hugged and kissed. But not all of them. Not Neji. Not my best friend.

Neji sat down next to me, and his pale gray eyes caught mine as we looked at each other. He smiled, and his dark brown hair that went to just above his shoulders glimmered in the late afternoon sunlight that pierced the clouds. I grinned back at him, and was about to speak when I heard the familiar yells of my emotional mother from within the massive crowd.

“Tenten!! Where are you sweetheart?”

I laughed, and stood. I turned to Neji. “Are you coming?”

Neji smirked, that familiar smirk that made me want to both grin and punch him at the same time. “Sure.” He stood, and we both, avoiding stepping on the strewn graduation caps, weaved our way through the vacated white chairs and toward the crowd. I took a deep breath, and looked up at Neji.

“I don’t think I can go in there. I’ll get eaten…” I surveyed the writhing bodies of the frenzied graduates and parents in mock horror. Neji rolled his eyes, and nudged me forward a bit.

“Better you then me…”

“Very funny.” I said, and grabbed his hand, leading us both into the mass of bodies. I struggled to get through, but there was a constant pressure all around me that prevented me from getting very far. I struggled for a minute or so, with Neji standing motionless beside me, before giving up.

I looked up at Neji, putting my hands on my hips. “Okay, you’re the tall one of us two, so you get to scout for my mother! Get to it!”

My brown haired friend raised an eyebrow. He ‘was’ tall, a lot taller than I was, and I was pretty tall, about 5’8”.

Neji rolled his eyes, putting his hand over his eyes like one of those sailors you see, the ones that yell out ‘Land Ho!’ or something along those lines. I smiled widely.

“Perfect.”

“I know I am...” He muttered, ignoring my sputters of denial, looking around over the heads of the lively crowd. After a minute or two, he took his hand away from his eyes, and grabbed my hand this time. “Over there.”

I allowed him to tow me through the mass of parents; it was easier now that they had started to disperse. I spotted my mother standing next to a large oak tree, next to my step-father.

“Mom! Jim, over here!” I yelled, waving my arms frantically. Neji released my hand as my mother raced over, my step-father in tow.

My mother was a tall woman with long red hair that was starting to gray slightly, but not enough to really notice. Her shining brown eyes were filled with excitement, and I grinned as she made her way over.

“Tenten!” My mother hugged me tightly. “Oh my god, you graduated! It went by so fast…but don’t worry, Jim got it ‘all’ on tape!” Jim grinned, holding up his video camera.

Neji, who had been standing off to the side, grinned at Jim. “Did you get the part where she–”

“The tripping over her gown and falling on her face? Oh yeah, I got it.”

I flushed bright red, and punched Neji in the arm. Jim patted my arm consolingly. “Oh don’t be too hard on him Tennie. Think of it as something to remember when ‘your’ kids graduate from high school!”

I glowered. “Sure, whatever you say Jim.” Jim smiled good-naturedly and hugged me with one arm, the other wrapping around my mother’s waist.

“So, what’s the plan?”

My mother smiled. “We should go out to dinner!” I nodded in agreement, and turned to Neji.

“What’re you doing with your parents?”

“Oh, they had to leave on a business trip this morning. So it’s just me in the house.”

I frowned, and searched Neji’s blank face. Jim and my mother shared a look that was so quick that I couldn’t really catch what they both were thinking.

“Neji, why don’t you come have dinner with us? It’ll be fun!” My mother said, and Neji shook his head politely.

“It wouldn’t be considerate of me to intrude on Tenten’s graduation dinner.” Neji said formally, smiling slightly at my mother’s eager expression.

I piped up. “Neji, c’mon. I need someone to help me suffer through watching the recording of the ceremony…” I shuddered at the thought, and Neji laughed softly.

“If it involves seeing Tenten make a fool of herself for a second time, how can I refuse?”

I glared, and muttered insults – too childish to say out loud – so softly that nobody could hear them. Neji smirked at me.

“Alright, let’s go to the car! Jim, you have the keys right?”

“…No…I gave them to you…”

My mother’s eye twitched. “You definitely have them.”

“No, Elaine, I don’t.”

Neji and I rolled our eyes as the adults started arguing over who gave the keys to whom, and where that person put them.

“I think they might’ve fallen onto the ground!” My mother exclaimed, and we all turned to look at the huge green field that stretched out in front of us endlessly. Those keys could be ‘anywhere’…

Nobody spoke.

I coughed. “Uh, I gotta get some water…”

“I think I left something in my car.” Neji muttered as the two adults whimpered at the prospect of searching for the keys on the enormous field.

I walked briskly toward the parking lot, Neji beside me. I glanced over my shoulder at the sight of my parents crawling on the ground, patting the grass with their hands.

“Jeez…” I mumbled, shaking my head in amazement. Neji smiled.

“They’re only human…” I glanced up at his solemn face, and gasped.

“Really? What does that make us, freaks of nature?”

“Well, I know I’m not a freak of nature, but you on the other hand…” He grinned as I fumed at him.

“Neji!”

“Tenten, after all these years, I thought you would’ve learned by now that I cant resist teasing you when you make it so easy.”

I glared, and let it go. It was pointless to argue with Neji. He’d find some way to make fun of me while outwitting me at the same time. Well, outwitting me was a form of making fun of me, and Neji somehow managed to make me feel stupid and embarrassed ‘and’ childish. All at the same time.

We reached his car, and he leaned against the door, staring up at the sky with those unreadable gray eyes. I glanced back at the field.

“I wonder if they found them yet…”

“I doubt that the keys are actually on the field. I bet that anytime now we’ll hear your mom’s yell as she finds them in her pocket.”

Suddenly, as if on cue, my mother’s voice yelled out. I grinned at Neji, who smirked smugly at me.

My mother came into view, waving the keys above her head. Jim followed her more unobtrusively, muttering darkly to himself.

“We found them! They were in my back pocket the entire time! Imagine that!” Neji looked at me, and I stuck my tongue out at him. Stupid Neji and his smug…smugness…

After much argument and voting, we all decided to go to Islands. I took off my graduation gown, revealing the soft pink dress that went to my knees. I pulled my hair into a messy bun at the back of my head, a few stubborn strands framing my face. We all walked in, and were greeted by a man whose vest was covered in stripes like no tomorrow. My eyes watered just looking at it.

“Hello! Welcome to Islands! We waitresses here are willing to do anything to ensure your happiness! Would you like the wine menu? Or maybe you’d like me to dress up differently! I can–!”

Jim cut in. “Um, we’d just like to get a table for four, please? We don’t need anything else.”

The man looked surprised at Jim’s request, and hastily led us to a table in the corner. There was a huge surfboard hanging above us, and I was sitting right below it. Whenever I came to Islands, I always wondered what it would be like if the surfboard suddenly came off the wall and hit me in the head. It was weird, but heck, it wasn’t like I ‘told’ anyone about my inner surfboard ponderings…

I kinda spaced out as my mother and Jim quizzed Neji on his plans for college and such. I already knew about all that stuff, so I looked around at the place for a bit.

Loud giggles caught my attention, and I glanced over towards the sound. My parents and Neji didn’t notice, too caught up in their college talk. I heard glimpses of their conversation.

“Harvard? Wow, that’s great! What –?” I pushed it out of my head, staring at the girl who had giggled in wide eyed astonishment.

There were three girls sitting at a table, along with a man in his late teens. The girls were all gorgeous, and they stared at the man as though he was the most interesting thing in the world.

I didn’t blame them one bit.

He was perfect. I had thought I had seen perfection, but this…this was something else. His hair was straight, and hung to his ears in loose auburn tresses. His eyes were a hazel color, but more golden than hazel.

Edward Cullen flashbacks…

I scolded myself for even thinking about that at a time like this, and focused once more on the man.

He smiled at the three girls, and they all tittered flirtatiously. His skin was lightly tanned, and I could see even under his long sleeved shirt that he was muscled, but not annoyingly so. Those arms shifted, and I looked up from my ogling to see him looking straight at me.

Those golden eyes. Staring at me.

I flushed, and turned away to see that Neji and my parents were getting up to leave.

“What? Are we leaving?”

“Oh,” Jim looked apologetically at me. “I just forgot something really important at the office. I’m so sorry, but I need to go get it.”

I smiled. “Oh its fine. I’m kinda tired anyway.”

Neji nodded in agreement. I smiled apologetically at him. He brushed away my silent apology.

“It was much better than just sitting at home.”

I nodded, and we drove Neji back to the school so he could drive home. I waved goodbye as Neji’s car disappeared into the falling darkness of night.

I sat in the backseat of the minivan, staring out the window as the houses and stores flashed by. We passed by Islands again, and we had to stop at a stoplight. I saw the same girls and boy outside, talking beside an expensive looking Porsche. I watched as one of the girls touched the boy’s jacket, and the boy laughed at something she said.

Then, suddenly, the boy looked past the girl. He stared at our car, his golden eyes finding my face. I felt my face heat up, and I turned away, willing myself not to peek in order to see if he was still looking at me.

The light finally turned green, and we moved forward. As we passed the Islands, I quickly glanced over.

The boy was still looking at me.

I felt a shiver pass through me. I shook it off. Why was I so nervous? He probably can’t even see through the windows. They’re darkened windows, remember? I can see out, but he cant see in, especially from that far away.

It was nothing to get all anxious about. I faced forward, and smiled at my mother who was looking at me.

Yes, it was nothing at all.