TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Far Away songfic by Elflady

[Reviews - 1]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: Disclaimer: I own neither own Inuyasha characters or the song, these belongs to Rumiko Takahashi and Nickelback.
This time, this place
Misused, Mistakes
Too long, Too late
Who was I to make you wait


Kagome sighed deeply as she walked towards her family placing a happy smile on her face while making her way through the crowd of happy students. She smiled for her family and friends, it was graduation day after all. On the inside however, she ached.

After three years the pain still hadn’t left her. When Inuyasha returned her back to her time she was so happy, her family was so happy. But Inuyasha was dragged back to the feudal era by the well and Kagome was hit with a realisation, how could she be happy in this world? A world without Inuyasha.

But there was nothing she could do, no matter how often or how desperate she was the well wouldn’t let her pass when she tried. She hid her feelings and tried to live normally again but she was constantly afraid that Inuyasha would think she betrayed him when she never returned.

Just one chance
Just one breath
Just in case there’s just one left


Despite all the failed attempts Kagome never gave up trying to cross time, not only did she miss her beloved hanyou she missed the others too. Did Sango and Miroku get any children? How about Kohaku, Kirara and Shippou? Oh so much Kagome missed the little fox demon that had become almost like a son to her.

But without Inuyasha by her side she felt empty, there was a hole in her chest that only he could fill. Without him Kagome was not complete, a part of her, a very important part, was still in the sengoku jidai, it would always remain where Inuyasha was.

‘cause you know,
you know, you know
That I love you


She reached her family and got hugs from everyone, they were all so happy, Kagome hadn’t the heart to spoil the day with her pain. So she kept her mask up and said her goodbye’s to her friends. They had all passed their entrance exams to their collage though Kagome had refused even trying to get into collage, she didn’t fully know why, the more time she spent working the easier she could forget for a time at least, but one part of her clung to the hope that the well would open again and let her through.

Before she and her family left, Hojo came by and congratulated her too. After two years he had finally seemed to realise Kagome’s hint’s that she was not interested in him and now they were only friends. Sure she had been on dates with him before, mostly because she wanted Inuyasha to be jealous but now it felt like betrayal just thinking about guys in her time.

To her friends Kagome had said that her boyfriend had moved far away, and they were truly sorry for her. But a better truth was that Inuyasha, quite literary, was in her past.

I have loved you all along


Now afterwards when she had really accepted her feelings she realised she had loved Inuyasha almost from the beginning. She had learned to see under his rough and rude surface and got to know the real Inuyasha. He had had such a hard life with so many blows to his heart so he was too afraid to open up except when he was around her. The personality that would push others away was the one personality Kagome loved more than her own life.

And I miss you


As she walked home with her chattering family Kagome did her best to push these sad thoughts away, she was determined to enjoy this day. If not for her sake then for her family and her lost friends, they’d wanted to see her happy too.

But she missed them so much, she would gladly give up her comfortable life in modern Tokyo to live in Kaede’s village in Sengoku jidai. But what about her family and friends in this time then? Whatever she did one side would be hurt. Now it didn’t really matter since the damn well wouldn’t let anyone pass.

Been far away for far too long
I keep dreaming you’ll be with me
and you’ll never go
Stop breathing if I don’t see you anymore


She had been back for three years now and wondered if her friends started to forget about her and move on with their lives, she wondered if Inuyasha tried to get through the well too or if he didn’t care about her anymore. Right after she thought these thoughts she always cursed herself for not believing in him or her friends.

She just wanted to see Inuyasha again, but for now he only existed in her memories.

Cursing herself quietly in her head Kagome snapped out of her thoughts, her mind wandered as it wanted too easily. Turning to Souta she captured enough of his question to be able to answer. With more determination she pushed her thoughts away and turned her attention fully to her little brother.

On my knees, I’ll ask
Last chance for one last dance
‘cause with you I’d withstand
All of hell to hold your hand


That night Kagome lay on her bed incapable of sleeping, somehow now more than anytime ever since she had come back her thoughts centred on her other life and the people in it. She missed everyone from Inuyasha to Kouga, she would even be happy to see the cold Sesshomaru and definitely his cute little human ward, Rin, because that would mean that she was back.

She would do anything to have one last chance, a chance to choose which time she wanted to be in, to be able to be with Inuyasha again. Every second apart from him felt like a forever and filled her with a restlessness and pain that never disappeared.

I’d give it all
I’d give for us
Give anything but I won’t give up
‘cause you know
you know, you know

That I love you
I have loved you all along
And I miss you
Been far away for far too long


Not until late at night or more correctly very early next day did Kagome fell into a restless sleep. Dreams filled with events from sengoku jidai; of how tight their little group had become through pain and sorrow but also how much fun they had had together. Their jokes and laughs helped them all to relax and get away from the heavy burden for awhile, it also brought them even closer.

Now Kagome was the only one not part of the group anymore.

But being the cheerful and strong willed girl Kagome naturally were she often managed to push her sad thoughts away and remember all their fun times, the happy memories she had would never replace her friends but they helped her through her lonely days and nights.

I keep dreaming you’ll be with me
and you’ll never go
Stop breathing if
I don’t see you anymore


Kagome woke up early next morning looking at her clock she knew that her mother would probably be the only one already awake. But she couldn’t go back to sleep again there was a tug in her heart like someone or something wanted her to go somewhere, she couldn’t explain it. She used to feel similar to this whenever a shard was nearby but the Shikon no Tama was gone. It had vanished three years ago by her selfless wish.

She dressed quickly and left her room and quietly stepped outside. Like many past times her feet took her to the old well, but this time she felt like something pulled her to the small house. Silently she slid open the doors and almost dreadfully walked down the familiar steps, both hearing and feeling the creaks in the old wooden stairs, stopping near the old slightly rundown well. There still was a small stream of magic surging through the ancient dry well, not nearly as strong as the goshinboku, that tree literary pulsed with ancient magic.

So far away
Been far away for far too long
So far away
Been far away for far too long
But you know, you know, you know


As she stood before the well she sadly realised it may be her fault that the well didn’t work anymore. Her feelings when she returned home maybe was stopping the magic that transported her through time. She had been so scared when she was sent alone into the darkness inside the jewel and so happy and relived when she got home. But she had also felt guilt and regret for making her family worry so much about her.

“Inuyasha I want to be with you” Kagome whispered sadly her whole being expressing, calling out her wish.

Carefully Kagome let a slender hand touch the wood and almost let out a gasp in surprise. The well responded to her feelings, a surge of power flared around her even stronger than three years earlier, creating an actual gust of wind. Right then she felt someone behind her.

“Mama…”

A few minutes later Kagome hugged her mom hard and thanked Kami that she had a family who loved her so much that they could let her go. With one last whisper to her mom she put her hands on the well and jumped in like so many times before. And now she could finally see the surroundings slowly disappear, feel the familiar weightlessness and see the comforting light that showed she was travelling through time.

I wanted
I wanted you to stay
‘cause I needed
I need to hear you say


Before she reached the other side Kagome wished so hard that everything could be like it was before she left, but being human, nervousness filled her as she imagined what could have happened. What if everyone was hurt? What if they had forgotten her? Or even worse: What if they had been killed?

All thoughts flashed through her mind like a runaway train and she pushed them aside. Inuyasha wouldn’t be easily killed. She just wished he could forgive her for being away for so long. Kagome wanted so dearly to be in his arms again, hearing him say those small words that meant so much.

That I love you
I’ve loved you all along
And I forgive you
For being away for far too long


Suddenly she landed with a soft thud on the bottom of the dry well, she could see a bright blue sky above and hear the birds singing as she breathed in the crystal clear and clean air that could only be found in a time before technology.

Seconds later she could sense a very familiar aura coming closer in a neck breaking speed. Smiling to herself she started to climb the strong wines that hang down the walls of the well. She heard someone abruptly stop right next to the well and as she reached up one hand she could feel tears build up in her eyes.

A strong hand instantly grabbed hers and pulled her up, soon she stood face to face with Inuyasha, his warm golden eyes, filled with love, locked with hers. Slowly he helped her down and pulled her to his chest in a warm embrace, this was what she had been waiting for for so long, she didn’t want him to ever let go.

“Inuyasha I’m sorry… Where you waiting…?”

So keep breathing
‘cause I’m not leaving you anymore

Believe it
Hold on to me and never let me go


“Idiot, of course not.” He said softly, raising one clawed hand and put under her cheek, tilting her head slightly. Kagome’s heart beat faster than ever before, but not due to Inuyasha’s claws, she knew he would rather die than he so much as scratched her.

If she had noticed her other friends, Sango, Miroku and Shippou standing nearby Kagome probably would’ve fainted when her hanyou bent down to her face and captured her lips in a mind blowing kiss.

Keep breathing
‘cause I’m not leaving you anymore

Believe it
Hold on to me and never let me go

Keep breathing
Hold on to me and never let me go

Keep breathing
Hold on to me and never let me go