TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Story of Zeox by soulshini

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Tsurugi and Zeox traveled for a few days to reach the land known as Critona, and it's capital. They where on their way from Tarya Ruins, the old city of Taryuma before it was rebuilt on an island a few kilometers west of the ruins. Tsurugi and Zeox rushed into the Critona capital and noticed a group of twelve men on top of a heightened area and hundreds of soldiers below them ready for battle. Zeox and Tsurugi managed to sneak to a few trees close to them. Zeox pointed at a man with a massive axe, then pointed at his eyes while looking at Tsurugi. He then pointed at Tsurugi then pointed to the castle.
"Tsurugi, go now. I'll distract them." Zeox locked his eyes back to the man who held the axe, then noticed a man with a black cloak and shining armor from the sun. Zeox readied his blade for a quick withdrawal when Tsurugi finally ran into the city to assault the castle to gain the emblem the king held. Zeox ran in close by, then started walking towards them as if he where drunk. He wondered in with mixed emotions, most of the members and units down below where negative responses. He ventured into the crowd then asked. "I'm looking for the King, have any of you seen him? ... Oh, I am Zeox Hisashori, pleasure to meet you all, I suppose." Zeox stuck out his hand, but placed it down and brushed it off. He looked around at the various members, but kept his sight mainly on the one known as Nephets.
"Can I help you?" questioned Nephets, with a disgusted look on his face. "A drunken moron who's soul shan't be saved when their time comes. Back away from me." Nephets turned his back away from Zeox. Zeox raised his eye brow in content.
"Drunken moron, you say?" replied Zeox to Nephets. "Bring it on!" exclaimed Zeox with his fist raised in an angry way, even though his voice and expression said other wise. Nephets turned around and smirked, then withdrew a short katana-like blade.
"If you really ask." Nephets spun around, his cloak rushing up, and charged in. Zeox withdrew his blade impressively quick, blocking the attack. Zeox parried the blade and landed a quick round-house kick to Nephet's stomach, who didn't seem phased. Zeox took a massive step in, punching a quick jab with his left hand. Nephets spun around, catching Zeox's arm in his cloak and pulled him into a strong fist to the face. Zeox shoved backwards, then whiplashed forward into Nephets' hand once more. Nephets landed a knee to Zeox's chest, which finally broke him free of Nephets' cloak. Zeox fell backwards onto his head, but sprung upward. Zeox flipped his katana around and swung it vertically to Nephets, who parried the attack but Zeox flipped his blade with the parry and nearly got a good hit on Nephets' chin. Nephets' jumped backwards, then looked at Kagroth. "Master, may I use your weapon?"
The one known as Kagroth lifted his axe from his shoulder, then shined it in the sun. He looked at Zeox then acknowledged Nephets and handed him the massive axe. Nephets smirked hysterically but before he could rise the blade to attack, Zeox had already sprinted in and hit a quick heel kick into Nephets' temple. Nephets crashed into the ground, then tumbled over onto his other side in which he simply got up with ease and brushed himself off. He chuckled for a moment, then rose the axe once again. Nephets finally charged in and swung horizontally, wiping out a good mass of trees that crumpled onto each other. Zeox jumped onto the top of the axe and followed the handle down, landing a massive side kick into his neck. Nephets jerked back then regained his balance. He maneuvered the axe and wave upward, but before he knew it Zeox had a blade to his throat.
"Pathetic. I thought someone who talked that much trash would fight better. Drunken moron, you called me? Look at our position. Who's the moro..."
"You still are." Nephets pushed his palm into the chest of Zeox, and suddenly an Alchemy Sign appeared. A massive explosion shot Zeox back into the mass of trees. The blast wasn't to bad, but the collision was. Zeox managed to scramble up, just to find Nephets with his blade to Zeox's throat. "You may not exactly be a drunken moronic person, but a moron none the less. Nice ploy, if I must say so. To bad it didn't go to well, huh?" Nephets pulled his blade back as if it where like a gun. "A novice swordsman shouldn't battle a master like I. Simple as that. Now what do you have to say for trying to ambush me?"
"Nothing, actually." Zeox hooked his legs around Nephets' legs and tripped him. He then jumped up and placed his blade to Nephets' forehead. "We keep going back and forth, do we not?"
"Practically," said Nephets sarcastically. "I will admit, you have some sort of skills in the blade, but not nearly of my level." Nephets parried Zeox's blade, and they both regained their stance to charge in to a massive stab attack that the tip of each blade hit and a massive spark caught. Nephets rushed his hand into the sparks and suddenly fire caught all over the ground, and Zeox. Zeox laughed for a moment then rushed into another fight. Nephets rose his brow in confusion. He ran towards the massive axe that was cleaved into the earth, then jumped up to spring launch a massive spiral attack. Zeox side stepped the attack, but his leg was cut from the spinning and he was pushed aside from the tornadic-like wind. Zeox knelt down, the fire lessening by the second, from pain of the cut. He tried to stand up, but he couldn't. Suddenly, a massive explosion came from the distance. Kagroth, Nephets and the other men all looked where the noise came from. A mass of ruble stood and on top of it was a massive wave of blue colors, the appearance of a slight ray of blue and massive wings radiated from a man perched atop the ruble.
"Master Kagroth, what are we supposed to do now? Our mission has been ruined." Nephets eyes where obviously confused, but also angered. He bit his lip and his eye brows slanted to the inner middle. "Ignatius?" questioned Zeox to a man in a black cloak that hid his head too. Nephets looked at the ruble once more, then back at Zeox. "This was all you, was it not?"
"Dunno what you're talkin' 'bout really, sorry Mr. Mighty." said Zeox in a sarcastic and joking manor. Nephets was not amused.
"You idiot! What did you do?" yelled Nephets uncontrollably. He noticed he lost his temper and took a deep breathe, placing his hand on his head as if he where resting. "Do you know anything of this?" he questioned, finally calm once again.
"Actually? Not a clue, sorry. What is it you, and you're crew is doing here. And what's up with all the soldiers?" Zeox questioned back at Nephets. Nephets mood was slowly deteriorating by the moment. He smirked, then responded to Zeox.
"You would like to know, wouldn't you?" Nephets said in a rude tone. Zeox simply nodded with a smile on his face. "You're really pissing me off." Nephets was beginning to grit his teeth, something about this Zeox character really got under his skin by the moment. Zeox stood there and stared at Nephets with a giant smile on his face. "Dammit, stop!" yelled Nephets.
"Nah, I'm good," responded Zeox just to get on Nephets' nerves. Suddenly, the earth began to quake that not only caught Nephets' attention, but Zeox's too. "What's that?" questioned Zeox, looking around. He re-gripped his blade tightly and looked around, the sky was rippling and was turning down. The man on the ruble was gone. "Tsurugi's gone. Good." Zeox thought to himself. He looked at each man, all where wearing black cloaks besides the ones known as Kagroth and Nephets. "I am Hisashori, Zeox. I am entering the World Tournament. An emblem is needed to enter, but it's not hard to find one. I hope to meet you all again, another day." Zeox looked into the sky and sighed. "This isn't good, is it?"
Nephets looked over at Zeox, with puzzled look upon his face. "You seem confused about this one," said Nephets. He, too, was looking around for some sign of the shaking. It wasn't anything massive, but the ground was shaking none the less. Both, Zeox and Nephets, locked their eyes together. Nephets had a demonic symbol warp and spin under his feet as Zeox has red energy flow from his body. Zeox hunched his back, his fangs hanging from his mouth, his hair lengthened and maned and his nails like claws. Nephets had no apparent change, but black energy was radiating from his body and his eyes became cat-like. Nephets placed his hands on his breast plate's shoulder joints and grabbed them. He ripped it off, and underneath was a loose chain mail out fit. He pulled the grieves from his legs too, which under was a peasant pair of pants the color black. He withdrew his blade, and charged in. Zeox ripped his claws as Nephets approached, but Nephets simply pushed them aside with the blade.
Zeox rushed in for a stab with his nails, but Nephets pushed his arm aside and tapped his index and middle finger to the under wrist of Zeox, which suddenly a giant chain grappled Zeox's arm to the ground and the chain was scorching hot red. Zeox screamed in pain, but quickly broke the chain. Nephets rushed in and collided his blade to Zeox's head, but the sword stopped completely as Zeox's skull reflected it. Nephets rose his blade off, side flung it and re-sheathed it, then took his sheath off his side and threw it aside. He looked behind him, where the rest of the group stood watching this incredible battle. Zeox rushed in, the incredible speed knocking Nephets off balance from the wind. Zeox ripped his hand, ripping the wind apart and five massive waves rushed into play. Nephets took a direct hit, spinning him ninety degrees and knocking him down. Zeox jumped up incredibly high, then formed his body to be like a drill with his nails pointing inwards to a point and he began to spin. Nephets looked up and quick scurried out of the way. Zeox collided with the ground, creating a massive crater. Zeox jumped out of the hole and locked his eyes onto Nephets once more. He smirked then rushed in again. Nephets shoved his hand out, tapping his palm to Zeox's forehead which a massive symbol of a Alchemist transmutation appeared. A giant spear drove out, luckily Zeox avoided it. Zeox spun out and couldn't gain his balance. Nephets rushed in and landed a massive knee to the temple of Zeox. Zeox rolled sidewards into the ground. Nephets then tapped his hands to the ground, and a massive crater appeared that was on fire. Zeox was towards the end of the crater, and attempted to claw up but fell in and rushed upwards after being devoured by the flames. He howled and the fires where blown out. Nephets squinted his eyes in concentration and anger. He rolled his head around on his neck, a few crackles and pops noised. Zeox covered his ears, the popping noises irritating his ears, sounding like someone was scratching their nails to a chalk board. Zeox hissed, and venom shot all forward from his fangs. Nephets covered his eyes and mouth, but the acid began to burn his hands. He quickly brushed off his arms, but Zeox had suddenly appeared before Nephets which claws shot through the chain mail of Nephets and dug into his ribs. Nephets gasped for air and in agonizing pain, but Zeox released the hold and Nephets placed his hands over the wound. Zeox rushed his claws in for another attack, but Nephets back dodged and spun his body in a circular motion in which he landed a quick jab to the face of Zeox. Zeox spun around in natural recoil, but continued to spin and back punched Nephets. Nephets was knocked down, but quickly stood back up. He took a deep breathe and looked over at Kagroth. Kagroth seemed disappointed, but also proud.
"You know, I'm stronger then master Kagroth." said Nephets.
"Then why is it you call him 'Master Kagroth?'" questioned Zeox. He seemed to have complete control over the demon at this point.
"There's no real reason, honestly... It seems to have become a habit. I am Nephets by the way. Our objective was to attack this city, the Capital of Critona, for the Critonia Emblem and for other purposes." Nephets flicked his hands out and the black energy quit radiating. He walked over to where he threw his sword aside and replaced it on his side, then collected his breast plate and leg grieves.
"Sounds about the same. I was meant to attack here according to my leader, Kane." Zeox smirked and chuckled at that statement. "Have you heard of him?"
"Not exactly, but if I did that may or may not be a good thing on your behalf though." Nephets sighed. "Well, I have an emblem myself. I suppose we'll see one another in about three months, ay?" Nephets questioned to Zeox, a sign of respect on his face. At this point, Nephets and Zeox had completely reverted back to their human form, and all their wounds where healed.
"I suppose. I'll see you soon, Nephets." Zeox had risen his hand in a wave and began to run south, the opposite direction of the entrance they where at. The entire group looked at the ruble.

A few minutes passed. Nephets put his armor back on, and sturdied it. Nephets looked at Ignatius, then Kagroth. They where quite a bit puzzled on the whole scenario.
Nephets sighed, "So the mission was failed?" he questioned. He knelt down on a stump of a tree he broke earlier, that the rest of the tree had lodged a few meters away. He examined the, still awkwardly rippled, sky and sighed again. "What is going on?"
"No clue," answered Ignatius. He pushed his cloak off his head, and beneath was a mess of bright blond hair that was a long length, the end not viewable due to the cloak. His eyes where green, but they seemed to have no response. "These eyes don't help me, I don't exactly know what's going on besides the fact the castle was destroyed. I suppose this mission is failed." Ignatius brushed his cloak off, sand and dirt had collected a thin layer on his cloak. He pushed his hands out, then pushed them above his head to stretch. "All the fun is gone now, ya know? What a waist."
Suddenly, a figure appeared beside Ignatius. The figure placed his hand on Ignatius' right shoulder and replied "All the fun indeed." The figure was the one known as Tsurugi Ichiyami, the man responsible for attack the castle and destroying it. "You remember me, right?" questioned Tsurugi. He smirked.
Ignatius looked disgusted, and brushed his shoulders off. "Do I remember you? I remember the scum of the Northern tribe known as Ichiyami Tsurugi. That's what I remember." Ignatius pushed Tsurugi off of him, and spun around so they'd meet eyes, if only they weren't blind. "It seems your eyes have gone away?" questioned Ignatius. Ignatius and Tsurugi had known each other for nearly fifteen years, Ignatius the older of the two. When they where young, the county of Kylo't in the northern land above Critona, was two set tribes within the land. The northern tribe, or the Fuyu tribe, where the people who endured the cold and had brick-like skin from inhabiting the nature of the harsh cold and adapted themselves to not only harsh coldness but mastered the ways of using ice for combat too. The southern tribe was a different story. The Sora tribe, in the northern outskirts of Critona, where thought to be placed on the earth by the Gods of the Sun. Sora, in Critonia, literally translated to Sun and so the 'Sun Tribe' attempted to seize the powers of the sun to use light magic, as well as fire. They thought themselves to be able to endure extreme heat, but the cold was their enemy as the Fuyu Tribe was weak to the sun's heat and fire. Tsurugi had a mix of the Sora and the Fuyu tribe within him, his parents being part of both and even though he lived mainly in the northern tribe, he had lived in the northern parts of Critona for a long while. At the time he lived in the northern parts, he had met Ignatius who lived in the Sora Tribe for his entire life and stayed there until only a year before. Ignatius was now twenty-two, Tsurugi was now nineteen. Tsurugi had lived mainly in the north tribe, but he constantly lived in the southern tribe from time to time for a short amount of time. Around when he was seven, he met Ignatius and even though he tried to befriend Ignatius, Ignatius always spited the northerner.
Tsurugi tampered with his katana that was looped around his waist. "It's been way to long." Tsurugi pushed the blade out slightly with his right hand's thumb. Ignatius eyes twitched, but he was blind so they went no where. "I can't believe you still hold a grudge towards me because I'm part Sorian and Fuyuin. That shouldn't matter. You're part Sorian. In fact, if you remember, I only respected you and tried to befriend you, but you where an ass to me and never acknowledged me. So I had no reason to do anything but train and kick your ass, which if I remember I did."
"That was forever ago, Ichiyami. We where young, weak and foolish. Even I was weak and foolish. But now, it's a different story."
"Oh, is it?" questioned Tsurugi. "A lot happened. I understand, you're part of some fancy organization now and I bet you're super powerful, but I'm no weakling either." Tsurugi withdrew his blade slowly until it finally was completely withdrawn. Ignatius smirked.
"Unfortunately, we're both blind... I have no need to fight, as of this second. You've heard of the tournament, correct?"
"Indeed we both are blind, but I've actually trained my smelling and hearing senses. Also, replying to your question, I have. Why do you ask?"
"We will meet there. It seems we have some rivalries going on this round, huh Nephets?"
"It appears so," said Nephets, shrugging his shoulders and chuckling. "I am to meet Hisashori, as you are now to meet this fellow."
"Indeed. So how about it, Tsurugi? The World Tournament, three months from now. A battle to the death, regardless of if we meet in the real tournament, we'll fight in the post-battles."
"Sounds like a deal." Tsurugi sighed. Tsurugi couldn't actually see, but he looked around, then refocused on Ignatius. He then, jumped up and a massive bang sound quaked the sound barrier when black smoke puffed into the air and he was gone.
Ignatius looked over at Nephets. "I know his secret," said Nephets. He looked at Kagroth, who had been silent the entire time. "It seems like he can see by feeling with his feet, he can feel small vibrations. His ears and smelling senses do the same thing, if I'm not mistaken. Lastly, I don't think he's completely blind but he doesn't rely on his sight for much of anything except for quick reflexes he can't pick up. People always say, never trust your vision, so he doesn't. Ignatius, he's exactly like you. He might actually defeat you, if you don't pay attention closely in your fight." Ignatius looked confused for a moment, but realized what Nephets was talking about. "Good, so you know he was that thing that crushed the castle." A few moments passed by. "He's probably the one who's messing with the atmosphere and the sky, I wouldn't be amazed. But, we failed this time around. It's been such a long time since I had last lost a mission... In fact, I've never failed an invasion mission... That Hisashori fellow, and your friend screwed it up big time."
"Ya think?" yelled Ignatius angrily. "They where working together too. I have no idea what they where after though..."
"Agreed, and neither do I know what they where setting out to accomplish."
Nephets and Ignatius looked at Kagroth, which he finally muttered out "It's time to send them to hell. Let's all get those damn emblems."