TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Trials of Love by tsuki

[Reviews - 2]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Kakashi clutched his head. He was trapped in the darkness and there was no way out. Around him, there were sarcastic laughters and scornings, as if it was being directed at him. As if it was from all those people he had killed during his years as a ninja. He stumbled around in the darkness, trying to avoid the ridicules from around him, trying to find a way out without avail.

He had no idea how long he had been trapped in this dimension and he was beginning to lose hope of ever being able to get out. With a sigh of exasperation, he slumped on the floor.

As he closed his eyes and was contemplating to just give up, he heard a soft whimper. Jerking his eyes opened, he focus on the sound, so soft it was barely audible. As he listened, the sound got a little louder. It sounded like a sob. Kakashi realized that someone was crying. He edged carefully towards the direction where the sound was coming from. And then it stopped.

Kakashi paused in his tracks, trying to figure out his next step when he heard someone call his name. He stepped forward uncertainly, trying to catch the voice again. It didn’t fail him.

“Kashi, wake up.” His heart clenched. The voice was so achingly familiar that it pierced deep into his heart. Then he heard it again. The sobbing and some mutterings in between.

“It’s Iruka. I’m certain it’s him. But why is he crying?” Pushing away all thoughts, he ran towards the direction of the voice.


***************************************************************************************************************

Kakashi woke up with a start, panting heavily. His ninja instincts kicked into place as he sat up and searched the room for threats while trying to register where he was. He clutched his head as it throbbed in pain. It took a while for him to note that he was in a room. Alone. And there were bandages all over him. He cringed as the pain worsen, sending a shiver down his spine. He fumbled around the bedside table and knocked something off the ledge.

The thing dropped onto the floor and made a loud sound in the quiet of the night when it came in contact with the floor tiles. Kakashi bent forward, bearing with the pain and picked up the object. Upon holding it in his hand, he identified it as a forehead protector. Most probably his.

He relaxed visibly when his eyes adjusted to the darkness and he realized he was in the hospital. His attention turned to the door when he heard it being slid open and someone looked into the room.

“Who’s there?” Lights were being turned on and Kakashi closed his eyes as the sudden brightness pierced his eyes. “Visiting time is ov-” The voice paused mid-sentence.

“Kakashi-sensei?” A gasp and Kakashi squinted as he tried to open his eyes. The first thing he noted was a mop of pink hair.

“Kakashi-sensei, you are awake! Oh my god! Is this true?” The person ranted on and Kakashi easily identified the voice.

Kakashi finally adjusted his eyes to the light and he peered at the girl in front of him who was still unable to get over her shock.

“Sakura.” Kakashi nodded his acknowledgement.

Sakura gaped as she tried to think of something to say. Taking a deep breath, she looked at the jounin in front of her, one eye closed and the other looking at her curiously.

“Kakashi-sensei, you are finally awake. You got us all worried.” Sakura bit her bottom lip as she tried to keep the tears from coming out from her eyes.

“I did, didn’t I?” Kakashi laughed mildly as the grip on his head tightened, the pain getting worse by the minute.

“Kakashi-sensei, are you alright?” Sakura obviously noted her team leader’s discomfort.

“I guess I am. I’m having a terrible headache and a little dizzy…….” Kakashi’s voice trailed off as he tried to focus.

“Sensei, what’s wrong? Hang in there, let me get Tsunade-sama……………” Kakashi didn’t register the rest of the sentence as he drifted off into the darkness again.

*******************************************************************************************************