TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Trials of Love by tsuki

[Reviews - 2]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Iruka was back to work the next day. And this was the perfect day for Iruka. He hummed softly as he read through the mission reports. His colleague eyed him cautiously.

“In a good mood, aren’t you, Iruka?” Kotetsu looked at him lazily.

“Yep.”

“Well then, are you going to admit or deny it this time round?” Kotetsu sauntered up to him and sat on his desk.

“What?” Iruka frowned.

“About you going out with Kakashi.” Kotetsu grinned.

“Shut up, Kotetsu.” Iruka blushed.

“Hmm….” He leaned closer to the chunin. “Well, Kakashi ain’t the only person left on earth. So how about going out with me?” He teased. The brown-haired man blush deepens.

“Hell right. And have Izumo killing me for that?” He decided that two can play the game and smirked at the man hovering over him. Kotetsu paled.

“How…. How did you-“

“Ah… I know everything, Kotetsu-chan.” Iruka stood up from his seat and leaned in closer. “And sorry about this, but you can’t hold a candle to Kashi. He may not be the only person left on earth. But he will be the only person that I will choose.” Grinning, he picked up the reports and dumped it on the laps of the stunned man.

“Now stop fooling around and file these.” With that, he settled back to his seat and look through the next stack of reports. Kotetsu shook his head, pick up the stack of documents and disappeared into the back room.

“Hey Iruka.” Iruka looked up and smiled at the bearded man standing in front of him.

“Hi, Asuma-san.”

“Now now, Iruka. We already know each other so well. Can’t you just do away with the honorifics?” Asuma mocked annoyance. Iruka laughed.

“Well, so what can I do for you, Asuma?”

“That’s better. Here’s my mission report.” Asuma smiled and handed a scroll over. “I heard you will be on leave starting tomorrow?”

“Yes. I will be on two weeks leave. It’s a good time to take a break anyway, since the kids are having their one month’s term break.” Iruka said as he looked though the report which Asuma handed to him.

“Well, I’m glad the two of you sort things through.”

“Yeah. I think both of us were just stupid enough to not face up to our feelings. We were just trying to escape. In the end, we made one big round and ended up in the same place.” Iruka scratched his head and smiled. “I’m glad about it though.”

“That’s good. So planning to go anywhere?” Another voice piped from behind Asuma. Iruka groaned, knowing full well who it was.

“No, Anko. Anywhere to suggest?”

“Yeah. You could hit the hot springs. I’m sure you will find the place interesting for a lot of kinky activities.” Anko grinned wickedly.

Iruka shot her a death glare. Then he strained to see the two people walking in through the door.

“Did all of you arrange to come here together?” He asked, pointing to the two who just entered the mission room. Asuma turned and grinned at Kurenai and Genma.

Kurenai shrugged. Genma twirled the senbon in his mouth before answering.

“Well, sort of. We are going for dinner. Care to join?”

Iruka laughed a little. He was glad that Genma was no longer that hostile towards him. “Well, I guess not. I have something to attend to tonight.”

“A date?” Asuma enquired. Iruka blushed and opted not to answer.

“So, Iruka, are you going to take my advice and hit the hot springs with Kakashi?” Anko refused to let up on the topic.

“No, Anko. We are not intending to travel beyond the borders of Konohagakure. Kakashi is in no state to travel at the moment.”

“Well, you don’t have to travel to the hot springs town. We have some hot springs near Konoha as well.” Anko smirked. Iruka looked at her for a moment and decided to just surrender. He knew he could not outtalk her. Sometimes, he just could not understand how he had come to be such close friends with the serpent user.

“What a gathering. What are you guys doing, hanging around the mission room?”

All heads turned towards the door. The silver-haired ninja was leaning against the door frame, with a book in hand. He peered at the group with his single grey eye. Then he smiled, his eye forming an arc.

“Yo.”

“Kakashi, you are here!” Iruka yelped. “What are you doing here so early?”

“Oh well, I was with Yamato and the kids earlier on. We were done early. So, I thought I would just come over and wait for you to finish up.”

“Oh, give me a minute while I finished up the rest of the stuff.” Iruka hurriedly flipped through the remaining reports on his desk. Kakashi cocked his head to one side in amusement.

“A change in character.” Genma noted.

“A change in character.” Asuma agreed.

“The power of love.” Kurenai smiled. Anko nodded in agreement, rubbing her chin.

***************************************************************************************************************

The clock chimed, signaling that it was six in the evening and the end of the day. Iruka smiled, jumped from his seat and gathered the mission reports in his hand, heading towards Kotetsu, who just came out from the filing room and dumped it in his hands.

“I’ve finished reading all the mission reports. Hand this to Tsunade-sama tomorrow. The rest on my table, please file it up.” He gave Kotetsu such a charming smile that the other man felt like strangling him. “Well, I’m off, Kotetsu. See you in two weeks’ time.”

He turned and paused in his steps before turning back to his friend. He leaned forward and whispered into his ears. “Oh, Izumo will be taking over my duties in the mission room for the next two weeks. Whatever you do, don’t mess up my desk. If you do, I will make sure you pay for it.”

Kotetsu stared, appalled as Iruka gave him a mischievous wink before going back to his desk to pack up his things. He shook his head. Whoever thinks that the young teacher was innocent and pure definitely needs a pair of glasses and psychological treatment.

Iruka picked up his bag and looked at the group in front of him.

“Aren’t you guys leaving? The mission room is closed.”

Asuma nodded and walked towards the door, waving his hand. The other three jounins followed him out. As they passed Kakashi, Asuma winked at him. “Enjoy your holiday.”

Kakashi briefly nodded as he watched the four walked down the corridor and disappeared around the corner.

He turned his attention back when he felt a hand on his arm.

“I’m ready to go.”

***************************************************************************************************************