TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Trials of Love by tsuki

[Reviews - 2]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Kurenai was stunned as she tried processed the order from the Hokage.

“Hokage-sama…..”

“I know this is a little sudden.” Tsunade rubbed her temple as she sighed. “I haven’t heard from Team Kakashi for the last three days and I fear that they might in some sort of trouble.”

Kurenai bit her bottom lip as Tsunade continued.

“I wouldn’t have been so worried if it wasn’t for the last message that he sent. In the last transmission, he mentioned that there were S-class criminals in the enemies’ camp which they were planning to infiltrate that evening. Based on that transmission, we did a little background research. This is what we found.”

Kurenai took the papers from Tsunade and scanned through the information. When she looked up from the papers and stared at the Hokage, there was fear in her eyes.

“Yes. Apparently, that was what we found out. The S-class criminals who disappeared into that area a few years ago. I never would have thought that they are still around, or alive even. And damn it, they are in the camp which Kakashi and his team are infiltrating.”

“These criminals are the ones who annihilated an entire ninja clan in one night, isn’t it?”

Tsunade nodded. “That is why I fear for Kakashi and his team. These are not the normal rogue ninjas you come across. This people are dangerous beings. Kakashi and Yamato are experienced enough to handle this. But they still have Naruto and Sakura to keep a watch over.”

“I got it, Hokage-sama. I will assemble my team and set out now.”

“Hang on, Kurenai. I would like you to do me another favour.” Kurenai nodded. “Get Asuma and Shikamaru to form another team. I have Aoba on duty outside. Bring him and another jounin to join Asuma’s team. They will serve as a backup in case you come across those ninjas.”

“I understand, Hokage-sama. I will take my leave now.”

Tsunade nodded. “Good luck.”

************************************************************************

Kurenai stepped back into the bar and hurried over to the group who were still drinking in the corner. Tsunade had dispatched Aoba and Shizune to gather Shikamaru and the members of Team Kurenai. Kurenai knew she needs to inform Asuma about the mission at the soonest possible time.

“Took you long enough, Kurenai.” Anko laughed. She stopped when she noted Kurenai’s grim expression. “Something wrong?”

Kurenai sighed. “Asuma, Genma, get ready to leave. We are in for a mission.”

Asuma set down his glass and eyed the kunoichi carefully. “What happened, Kurenai?”

Kurenai was silent, as she eyed Iruka. Iruka tensed.

“Kurenai?”

Kurenai debated for a while before answering. “We are ordered to track down Team Kakashi. Tsunade-sama had not been hearing from them for the last three days and she fears the worst.”

“Let me in on a bit more details, Kurenai.” Asuma gritted his teeth.

“They are suspected to have encountered a group of S-class criminals. These S-class criminals are those who annihilated an entire ninja clan in the Snow Country some years back.”

“The rogue ninjas who annihilated the Yuura clan in the Snow country?” Genma asked throatily. Kurenai nodded.

Asuma stood up from his seat and stole a glance at the chunin beside him, who had paled considerably. “Are you sure?”

“We can’t determine at this point in time if it’s really them. But there’s a high possibility that it may be them. At any rate, we can’t take the risk. Not hearing from Kakashi for three days is already bad news. We need to hurry and trace them down.”

Kurenai started to walk out of the bar. Genma jumped from his seat and followed. Asuma paused for a moment and looked at the chunin with concern. Noting the unshed tears, he sighed. He bent down and looked into the chunin’s eyes.

“Iruka, we will bring him back. Alive.” Iruka nodded slowly, as if trying to process his mind and react. Anko clasped her hands down on his shoulders.

“Hurry ahead, Asuma. I will take care of him.”

With a nod, Asuma turned and disappeared into the night.

************************************************************************