TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Trials of Love by tsuki

[Reviews - 2]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Tsunade looked down at the stack of papers in front of her and frowned. She glanced up at the clock to see that it was almost the end of the day. Shizune entered the room and placed a cup of tea on the table.

“Shizune, any news from Team Kakashi?”

“No, Tsunade-sama. We haven’t received anything from them yet.”

“How long has it been since their last message?”

“Three days ago. That was the time when they mentioned that they are going ahead to infiltrate the enemies’ camp.”

“Damn it.” Tsunade’s sudden slamming on the table caused Shizune to jump a little. “Shizune, have you found out what I told you to?”

“Hai, Tsunade-sama. This is what we have found out.” Shizune handed Tsunade a stack of papers. Grabbing it from her assistant, Tsunade flipped through it and read intently for a moment. Then she gritted her teeth and slammed the table again.

“Shizune, I’m sure Team Kurenai is not on a mission. Get Kurenai into my office now. This is the time I need her team’s expertise.”

“Hai, Tsunade-sama.” Shizune hurried out of the room.

************************************************************************

“It’s almost two weeks huh?” Asuma swirled the liquid in his glass before taking another sip.

“Yeah. Kakashi will be back in another two days.” Genma chewed on his senbon, with a lazy smile on his face.

“Well, I was so sure I would find you here.” An over-exuberant voice came up from behind them.

“Anko? What a surprise to see you here.” Genma commented sarcastically. Asuma laughed.

“Where’s Kurenai?”

“Oh, she went to invite someone to join us. Said she will be here in a while.” Anko took her seat and called for her drink. Genma scowled.

“If it’s not already crowded enough. Who did she ask to come along?”

“You will see.” Anko smiled, a mischievous twinkle in her eye. Genma groaned.

“Well, she better don’t turn up when we are about to leave.”

“I heard that, Genma.” The three shinobis turned to face an irritated kunoichi. And beside her was the academy teacher.

“Iruka? Never thought you would be the one that Kurenai ask to join us.” Asuma laughed.

“Well, it took me awhile to pull him away from that stack of homework and test papers he was going to grade. Really, Iruka. You should chill out sometime.” Kurenai teased the blushing chunin.

“I didn’t really want to. I mean…. There’s a lot of unfinished work to be done. But….” Iruka stammered. He didn’t feel very comfortable with so many jounins around. And the fact that half of them were Kakashi’s close friends only made things worse.

“You can always finish the work later. Come, join us for some drinks.” Asuma dragged the tanned man to the seat beside him. Iruka sighed and settled himself down, trying to think of an excuse to leave the place.

The bartender served the drinks to the group and Asuma started pouring it for everybody. Then he looked intently at Iruka, as the younger man fidgeted with his drink.

“Iruka, promise me you will talk things through with Kakashi when he is back.” Iruka sighed. Kurenai and Anko had been telling him the same thing since the day he had confessed his feelings towards Kakashi to Kurenai.

“Asuma-san, look, I told Kurenai and Anko the same thing. I will try to talk to him. But the problem is, I don’t even know how I should face him.” Asuma sighed.

Before Asuma could say anything else, Shizune appeared in the bar with two ANBUs beside her.

“Kurenai, Tsunade-sama asks to see you in her office now. It’s an emergency.”

Kurenai frowned as the rest of the group looked at the trio who had interrupted their drinking session. With a nod, she stepped away from her seat and followed the three out of the bar.

“Emergency? Looks like something serious going on?” Genma arched his eyebrow.

“Calling on Kurenai so late in the evening. I really wonder. If it’s a special mission, there’s only one reason to call on Kurenai.” Asuma mused.

“And what is that?” Anko frowned.

“Tapping on her team’s expertise. To track someone or something down.” Asuma’s eyes darkened.

************************************************************************

Kurenai knocked on the door and entered the room. Bowing politely, she looked at the blond in front of her.

“You ask for me, Hokage-sama?”

“Yes. Kurenai, after I’ve given you the briefing, I need you to gather your team and set out immediately.” Tsunade started slowly. Kurenai tensed.

“Hai, Hokage-sama.”

“Good.” Tsunade leaned back in her chair and looked at Kurenai intently. Kurenai waited for the busty lady to continue. Tsunade folded her arms and debated her choice of words.

“Kurenai, I want you and your team to track down Team Kakashi.”

************************************************************************