TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Trials of Love by tsuki

[Reviews - 2]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Finally.... Iruka confessed.
It did not take long for them to reach Iruka’s house. Anko fumbled with the keys, trying to find the right one to open the door. After a brief struggle, she kicked the door opened and Asuma half dragged the drunk man into the apartment.

Iruka groaned when he was dropped on the bed. Kurenai tucked him gently in.

“Anko, can you get me some cold water and a towel?” Kurenai looked at the purple haired jounin who nodded and disappeared into the bathroom. “Asuma, help me to put some water to boil.” Asuma arched his eyebrows before obligingly entered the neatly kept kitchen.

“What got him drinking so much?” A frown was clearly evident on the face of the red-eyed jounin. Genma shrugged. Kurenai eyed the chunin a little while longer when she noticed that the tanned man was in distress.

“Genma, quick. Get Iruka to the bathroom!”

Grunting, Genma heaved the younger man off the bed and pulled him towards the bathroom. He mentally cursed and mumbled under his breath, “You better don’t puke on me before we get in there.”

Genma signaled for Anko to vacate the bathroom before helping Iruka in. He stood aside and chewed on his senbon while waiting for the man to empty his stomach. When he noted that Iruka had emptied all the alcohol he had drank earlier, he grabbed a mug of water and handed it over to the younger man for him to rinse his mouth.

Iruka stared at the world before him. Everything seems to be spinning and he wasn’t feeling good, especially after he had puked everything out. He took the mug that was handed to him and started to rinse his mouth. Then, he felt someone lifting him off the ground and helped him back to his room.

He closed his eyes as he was laid on his bed. He felt someone removing his vest and his forehead protector and snuggled into the covers that were pulled over him. He heard some whisperings. But he could not comprehend what was being said as sleep took over him.

************************************************************************

Iruka woke up with a start when he felt a something cold came in contact with his forehead. He blinked a few times as he tried to adjust to the darkness.

“You are awake?”

Hearing the voice, he sat up immediately and felt the world around him spin. He held his head and tried to steady himself when he felt a hand on his shoulder pushing him gently back into bed.

“Don’t force yourself.”

He squinted at the figure before him before it dawned on him who it was.

“Kurenai-san?”

Kurenai sighed and handed him a cup of tea.

“Here, have some. It will help you clear up a little.”

Iruka smiled and took the tea gratefully.

“I’m sorry about this. But what are you doing here, Kurenai-san?’ Iruka asked as he took a sip from the cup.

“You got drunk. At the bar. We sent you home.” Kurenai smiled. Under the dim moonlight, Iruka could detect a sense of worry across her face.

“We? There’s someone else here?”

“Yes. Asuma, Genma and Anko. I assume they are asleep on the couch in your living room now.” Kurenai let out a low laughter. Iruka blushed.

“I’m sorry about that. But why are you still here? I mean…. You could have gone off if you are tired.” The blush deepen. Kurenai couldn’t help smiling at the shy chunin.

“We were going to go off when you dozed off earlier. But before we could step out of your apartment, we heard you shouting incoherently in your sleep. And……” Kurenai paused, unsure if she should carry on. Iruka arched his eyebrow, urging her to continue.

“Iruka, you were crying. I don’t know if it’s your dreams or anything else that trigger it. But you were sobbing in your sleep.” Kurenai bit her lower lips. “Seeing you in that state, we couldn’t just leave you alone. So, we decided to stay until you’ve calmed down.”

Iruka averted his gaze from Kurenai and stared at the cup in his hands.

“Iruka, what’s wrong?”

Iruka shook his head slowly. “It’s nothing, Kurenai-san. I appreciate your concern. Maybe it’s just a nightmare.” Iruka smiled at her sadly.

“Iruka, don’t try to hide it from me.” She sighed and glanced at the chunin. “Iruka, has this got anything to do with Kakashi?”

Iruka jerked at the name. He met her gaze for a moment before turning away. “No.” He closed his eyes and tried to hold back the tears.

A moment of silence past and Iruka heard another sigh from the kunoichi. “Iruka, I don’t know if I should be telling you this. But, you were mumbling Kakashi’s name when you were unconscious.”

When Kurenai finished her sentence, Iruka knew he could hold back no more. His world came crashing down as he recalled the reasons for his week of sleepless nights. Before he knew it, he was clutching the kunoichi beside him, sobbing into her shoulders. Kurenai rubbed his back, trying to soothe him down.

“I….. I thought it was alright. I thought it didn’t matter. I thought it was just a fling.” He sobbed uncontrollably as he tried to make sense of his words.

“I didn’t know it would hurt so much for him to leave me, Kurenai-san.” Kurenai closed her eyes as she listened to all he had to say.

“I didn’t want him to leave. But I don’t know how to make him stay.” Kurenai felt the sobbing subsided a little. But the tears were still there, flowing uncontrollably out from the chunin’s eyes.

“I thought I didn’t love him. But when he left, I felt my world shatter into a million pieces.” His voice was softer now, almost inaudible as he mumbled on. “And that was when I realized that I have fallen for him. Deeply. So deep that it hurts.” He closed his eyes as he felt Kurenai pulled him into a comforting embrace.

“Why didn’t you tell this to him?” Kurenai whispered. Out of the corner of her eyes, she saw someone standing at the door.

“He didn’t love me.” Iruka choked on his tears. “He told me that what he wanted was my body, not my heart.” Kurenai cradled the limp body, trying to comprehend what was being told to her.

“But even then, I wanted him to stay. But I wanted him to be happy too. That’s why I choose to let go.” Iruka broke into another fit of sobbing. Kurenai sighed and tried to hush the broken man in front of her. She turned slightly and noticed that the person was no longer at the door.

************************************************************************