TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Take My Pain Away by CandyElly

[Reviews - 20]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
I must give credit to my boyfriend for helping me write the sparring scene in this chapter! He did an awesome job ^^ I’ll probably recruit him to help me write all my future fights too, lol.

----

Sakura woke with the sun shining through the window above her bed. All too quickly the memories of last night’s events came rushing back to her. With a groan she rolled back over and pulled the covers over her head of pink.

She had told Kakashi everything…well almost everything. Truth be told she had promised to herself that she would never speak of what happened between her and Sasuke. There were many reasons. First of all she had pride and in some way the fact that Sasuke had taken advantage of her, or attempted to, hurt that pride. Secondly, she didn’t want to upset Ino. Ino was her friend once more since she had given up her advances on the Uchiha boy.

Why would Sasuke do such a thing? It was a question that had ran through her mind many times in the past month. Sure, Sasuke was extremely hard to read as he expressed interest in nothing other than becoming stronger…but attempted rape didn’t seem like something he could bring himself to do. Sasuke was the most handsome man in the village; he could get almost anyone with just his glance…why had he come after her?

It was Friday morning and time to report in with Tsunade about this week’s progress. She had only done three simple C-rank missions…it seemed a calm time for Konoha and she was getting tired of the boring missions. A difficult mission that could take her mind off of daily Konoha life would be greatly welcomed.

Unwillingly, Sakura threw off the covers and pushed herself out of bed. Surely the event with Sasuke bothered her still but she had learned to deal with it. He didn’t succeed after all. Besides, she had a report to make before lunchtime. Receiving a new mission was causing anticipation within her…hopefully things would pick up again.

A warm shower put a calm to her thoughts. She got dressed in her normal red training dress and black shorts, feeling slightly refreshed. The crying she had done last night was long needed, and the confession. Unfortunately, she was nervous about running into Kakashi today. What would he think? What if he didn’t keep her secret?

Sakura exited the front door of her apartment and absorbed the warm rays of sun that welcomed her. Breakfast was a necessity before she would get to work so she made her way quickly down the stairs and into her mother’s kitchen without bothering to knock.

No one was up yet, not a surprise. The life of a ninja happened to be quite an early one. Opening the cabinets to find a less than satisfying selection, the pink haired ninja decided on cereal.

Ah, the glamorous life of a Jounin!

Taking her time on her breakfast, Sakura planned out her day. After the report she would probably get some lunch and then train for the remainder of the day unless Tsunade had something important for her to do. It was also Friday and she had no plans yet for the evening. Perhaps she would make a call upon Ino. All this time being spent with Naruto made her crave a little bit of girl talk.

-----

“Frankly put, I’m a little bored. I’m a Jounin now and for the past month I’ve been given missions no different than when I was a Genin.” Sakura directed the statement to the woman in front of her, the Hokage.

“Do you want Konoha to be peaceful, Sakura?”

“Yes, Tsunade, I do.”

“Then do not complain over your missions as of late.”

With a sigh Sakura admitted that the powerful woman was right. Peaceful time meant peaceful missions, she should be grateful.

“Sakura,” Tsunade regained the young girl’s attention, “there is something I would like you to do that requires great responsibility.” The way the mission was introduced had Sakura excited.

“As you know, Sasuke is missing…”

No… oh god no… Sakura felt her body tense as a reaction and her hands visibly clenched at her sides…her eyes changed from a calming green to a furious expression.

“…and if he fell into the wrong hands another war could be started. This is an ANBU and Jounin rank mission so I will be sending an ANBU ranked individual with you. I have chosen you as leader of this mission for you know Uchiha Sasuke better than anyone in Konoha and would most likely have the greatest chance in succeeding. You will leave Monday morning.”

Sakura remained silent for a short time, unable to think, speak, or move. “I cannot do that, Tsunade.” The girl spoke softly.

“Why is this?”

“Because I do not want to find him! I do not want him in Konoha!” Sakura admitted.

“Can you elaborate as to why?” Tsunade looked at the girl curiously, wondering what must have happened between the two. The last time she had seen them Sakura was still head over heals for the boy. However, if there was a conflict between them, this might work out better than she had initially thought.

“No, I can not. All I can say is he left on his own will and will not accept a request to return.”

“This is unacceptable Sakura. You will use all of your abilities, including your own charm, to return Uchiha Sasuke to Konoha.” Tsunade made a note on the mission report in front of her, “You leave Monday at 7am. Kakashi will assist you.”

“Please, Tsunade! Send someone else.” Sakura pleaded to the older woman.

“You are a Jounin, accept your duties!” A stern voice was emitted from Tsunade, shocking Sakura slightly.

“Send Naruto, he knows Sasuke! They were best friends!” She was yelling now, still pleading.

“Sasuke doesn’t love Naruto, he loves you.”

“He doesn’t love me, and I despise him.” Sakura spoke frankly.

“I don’t know what happened between you two, but you will put it behind you for the extent of this mission.”

“He’s dangerous!”

“Which is why he can not be let to fall into another countries hands.”

There was no winning, Sakura realized. She was stuck on this mission and she knew that the Hokage was right with her explanations…Sasuke was best known by her, even if that wasn’t saying much.

“Please rethink this, Hokage-sama.” Sakura bowed politely to the woman and turned to make her leave from the room.

Upon exiting the room Sakura found Kakashi standing outside, waiting on her. It was a kind gesture on his part…he must have already received his mission. The memories of his words last night made her heart beat quicken, causing her to blush.

The silver-haired ANBU member was casually leaning up against the wall reading that damned perverted book he always carried around. Shows where his mind stays…Sakura thought.

“Kakashi, we leave Monday at 7am…or will you be late? Should we make it 9?” Sakura smirked at the man who hadn’t even noticed her presence.

“What about noon?” He laughed sheepishly. Noted was the fact that Sakura had come out looking completely normal, all tension had subsided. He was expecting her to come out a nervous wreck at receiving her mission. The mission had been given to him by Tsunade earlier and he had remained faithful to Sakura and kept the true nature of Sasuke’s disappearance to himself.

“Let’s make it 8…so we won’t be too off schedule.”

“Ah.” Kakashi muttered, agreeing. “Hey…Sakura, you ok?”

“I’m fine!” A quick smile flashed across Sakura’s face. In truth Sakura didn’t really feel fine, but she was stuck on this mission and might as well make the best of it. What had happened last night would become a one-time deal, she couldn’t show such weakness…that was to be left for her Genin days.

Sakura looked out the window to her left and estimated it to be around one o’clock. The meeting had taken longer than she expected and she had missed lunch. This didn’t upset her much because she still wasn’t hungry… the best option would be to go ahead and start her daily training.

“Kakashi-sensei!”

The person in demand lifted his nose up from his book…barely. “Eh?”

“Would you like to spar with me? I’m getting tired of Naruto, I’m winning too much.” She was being honest, at least.

“I’m sensing some strings attached to this…and I thought Jiraiya taught him better than that.” Kakashi eyed the girl in front of him suspiciously.

“Well I’ve been training a lot since you left on all those missions…” She winked, “Let’s just settle on if I win, I get to see your face.” A teasing smile was flashed at the older man.

“Deal. You’ll never win.” Kakashi stood up straight, shoving his book in his pocket. “Where to?”

“The cherry blossom trees…it’s so beautiful there.” Sakura walked off and Kakashi quickly followed her, giving no objection.

As they walked, Sakura thought to herself the possible outcomes of the mission that lay before her. She didn’t know how she would even get started because for one she didn’t even know where to even start looking for Sasuke. What if he didn’t want to see her? This was most likely the case too…and it wouldn’t make the mission that easy.

It baffled Sakura as to why Tsunade chose to only send two ninjas on this mission to retrieve Sasuke. There were no leads at all and the likeliness of her or Kakashi picking up on one seemed slim. There had to be some sort of logic behind it, but Sakura definitely could not figure it out.

Sakura also thought of herself. The excitement of a new mission was sinking in, but then it was Sasuke…the turmoil of this mission would be good mental strengthening, she supposed. Not that she wanted to face it, but it might be inevitable.

If they managed to find Sasuke, Sakura decided she would treat it purely as a business matter and not let her pain show. On the other extreme, if they didn’t find him, she could return to Konoha and continue a happy life without even thinking twice. She knew over this weekend she needed to prepare her emotions for this journey ahead. A true ninja did not let such petty things get in the way of their missions.

Tsunade assigned this mission so I would strengthen emotionally…I’ve always been weak with my emotions…

Suddenly, Sakura knew. Tsunade had assigned only her and Kakashi to this mission so it would be more likely that Sakura would have to face Sasuke head on. If there had been many Jounin around her, she could easily just stand in the background and observe everything. The only way Sakura would get something out of this mission is if she were the only one in control. The goal was to swallow her pride and find the man she now despised.

“Yo, Sakura. Are you there?” Kakashi leaned to poke Sakura lightly on the shoulder. They had reached the cherry blossom trees already and she seemed not to even realize it.

“Oh! I’m sorry, I was just thinking about how to start off the mission.” The girl replied, blushing at being caught in such deep thought. She looked around and noticed they were already at the trees.

“Are you sure you are okay with this?” Kakashi spoke sincerely.

Smiling, Sakura replied, “I’m fine, sensei. I’m merely going to consider this emotional training! After all I believe that is why Tsunade didn’t reassign me after my initial reaction.”

“Good point, it might actually do some good. Cry-baby.”

“Kakashi!!!” Playing as she was offended, Sakura took a step back and then did a double take to charge at him, starting the match.

Kakashi easily dodged and appeared behind her, “I was wondering when we were going to start, or if we were just gonna talk all day.”

He slightly cupped his foot in around Sakura’s, throwing her off balance. Reaching into his pocket he nudged Sakura with his elbow finally tripping her. She stumbled forward, noticing that he was exploring his pockets.

Heh, a kunai match? She thought to herself then smiled, assuming Kakashi was going to take her seriously. Throwing her left hand down, she caught her balance and sprung back to her feet pulling out her kunai. She awaited Kakashi with anticipation.

“Ahh… what page was I on?” Kakashi amusingly comments as he flips through the pages of Violent Sexy No Jutsu Paradise Vol. 2.

Sakura’s mouth dropped. He pulled out that stupid book?! Her grip on the kunai tightened fiercely as her anger rose. Quickly she threw her kunai at him followed by two more from her other hand. Kakashi effortlessly ducked out of the way only to catch Sakura’s quick left foot as she attempted to kick him.

“Pervert!!” Sakura yelled.

“Heh, your speed has improved,” Kakashi spoke without looking away from his book or acknowledging her accusation. This infuriated Sakura even more.

Sakura bent her knees in and threw her right hand in an uppercut motion towards Kakashi’s book. He moved his hand and with Sakura’s momentum she had built, she launched her right foot under Kakashi’s chin, flipping herself, only to slightly graze the older man’s face as he leaned back.

As she landed she saw that Kakashi only went back to reading his book, leaned back in the position he had left himself. Sakura knew that she could not beat him by rushing at him, he seemed to have a third eye watching her from somewhere while he read the perverted book. She grinned as a flawless solution came to mind.

Grinning to herself, Sakura reached into her pouch and threw a smoke bomb at her own feet. Kakashi only glanced at her and sighed. What in bloody hell does she think she’s doing?

Suddenly, Sakura burst through the smoke with four kunai, two in each hand. With great force she threw two kunai at Kakashi forcing him to jump back. Following this, she aimed the other two kunai at his feet making him jump to his left. Just as he landed he moved his head to the motion at his feet and saw a kunai in the ground with a smoke bomb attached, followed by a loud blast as the bomb exploded.

The smoke cleared and Kakashi was still standing reading his book in his right hand, his left hand had predicted Sakura’s movements and caught her in her stomach as she rushed at him. A look of great pain and question crossed Sakura’s face.

She may have gotten faster, but really that strategy could use some work. Kakashi thought to himself. Perhaps he’d train her a little more. All of a sudden an unexpected kunai flashed to his right causing him to abruptly dodge. He regained his footing quickly and looked over at the Sakura he had stopped only to see a cloud of cherry blossom petals. Ok well maybe I’m wrong. He quickly moved his gaze to the right, taking in the sight of his former student. She was standing there with a smile on her face, giggling in pride of tripping him up. How cute…

Kakashi threw a look of puzzle in Sakura’s direction, ”I still dodged your Kunai, what are you giggling about?”

Sakura just continued to stand there smiling, not attempting a move in any direction. Her lack of movement puzzled Kakashi…until he heard a small crackling sound. A quick pain shot from his right hand as the book he was holding exploded, the pages flying into the wind and quickly turning to ash.

That’s what you get for being a pervert, Copy-Ninja Kakashi… Sakura thought as she stood there grinning.

A tear fell from the strong man’s right eye. Kakashi screamed as he grabbed his hair in frustration, “My book… he was just about to…” Kakashi brought his face back up to glare at Sakura, showing an eye creased in anger.

Oh shit, I didn’t think he’d take it this bad! Sakura took a step back from the man, wondering what he could have in mind. Though he does look kind of cute when he’s angry…

A blast sounded as Kakashi threw a smoke bomb at his own feet. Sakura looked at the smoke in anticipation and fear, unprepared for what she would see.

Bright blue streaks of light began gracing the clouds of smoke before the young girl.
“Chidori?” she gasped. “But no major Jutsu’s are supposed to be used for….”

”Silence you fool!” Kakashi bellowed from the smoke. The smoke vanished as Kakashi charged from the smoke with his Chidori, his eyes locking with Sakura’s in a fierce gaze.

Sakura prepared for the worst as Kakashi charged, nearly jumping out of her skin when she felt a tug at her right foot. A hand? Within a moment the charging Kakashi vanished and in his place leaves fell. Sakura could feel her body being pulled into the ground, unable to make any move to stop it.

Suddenly she was let go and she fell backwards onto the grass. Kakashi appeared in front of her and pinned her down with force, “So…” he said smiling through his mask. “I believe you owe me a book.”

“Like hell I do!” The girl yelled fiercely as she struggled to release her body from his grip.

“I win. No face for you.”

“Let me up!” Sakura glared at the handsome man.

“I might as well, since in five minutes you destroyed my only dear possession!” Kakashi released his grip and stood over her. Sakura quickly shuffled to her feet, staring at him.

“That was uncalled for! You scared the shit out of me!” Yelling, she turned her back on him and began walking towards the town.

“And…?” Laughing softly, he watched the young woman gracefully walk away. It was odd but somehow he could read a pout in the way her hips swayed as she walked.

Sakura could feel his gaze on her, “Kakashi, I know you’re looking at my ass.”

“You planted a bomb in my book, I need something to occupy me.” If only she had seen the expression under his mask…it would have given the fact away that he would have stared whether the book was gone or not.

“Pervert.” Sakura said as she rose up her right hand in a wave.

Kakashi stood in the grove of cherry blossom trees, regretfully watching her walk away.

Damn that girl…

----