TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Sense of Love by brumal

[Reviews - 2]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes:

Drabble collection: A series of short (and maybe not-so-short) stories revolving mainly around SasuNaruSasu with a hint of NaruSaku at times. They can range from being in the canon plotline or AU. They can be as young or old, depending on my mood. But no matter what setting it is in, this drabble collection will never exceed the rating of “T.” Please watch out for manga spoilers, though I will keep mind to pre-warn you.

Most, if not all of these stories are inspired by sensory feelings and a few scattered emotions.

Beta-read by Nadramon.

1. Sleeping on Sunbeams

It was quite bright in the room, enough to make you see red behind your eyelids, heavy and drunken with remnants of sleep. Tightly closed eyelids that attempted to ward off the sun’s incessant brightness hid underneath heavy sheets. Ah, this was better. Total darkness. Granted, a bit stuffy and too warm, but darkness at last.

He sighed happily in the thick warmness of the blanket. How wonderful it was to just lie there without a care in the world, the slightly rough surface of cotton scratching against his cheek. He was comfortably curled up and was already joining his dreams again.

Another few minutes would be good enough….

There was a loud, muffled thump on the floor, as if something was dropped down on it. The lump on the bed did not shift or move at the noise. For a few seconds, nothing but silence drifted to the floor.

“Naruto,” a voice called out sternly.

The lump made a weird noise in acknowledgement. Sounded like someone trying to talk with a voice they hadn’t used all night.

“Naruto,” the voice ordered. “I need to change the sheets, you lazy bum.”

But the lump didn’t make any more noise or movement in accordance to the demands.

There were a few light, soft steps over the wooden floor in indication of the owner of the voice walking over to the bed. Suddenly, there was a sharp yank at the top of the fluffy blanket and all darkness and warmth was literally torn away.

With a small noise of discomfort, the lump, now revealed as a sleepy Naruto, curled up in the fetal position and tried to shield his eyes from the burning rays of the ten o’clock sun. He refused to open his eyes and blindly grabbed with his hands for the stolen blanket. Prickling cold pinched and stung at his skin.

“Give it back, you jerk,” he murmured sleepily, already drifting back into sleep. “Stupid Sasuke...” he sighed and covered his face with a hand.

Sasuke, on his part, did not react much, besides the low muttering of, “Lazy idiot…. Skipped your turn for laundry….” He tossed the dirty sheets on the floor and hefted a still-warm blanket from the laundry basket. He shook it once or twice before throwing it over the bed, effectively covering Naruto in the process. Leisurely, he walked around the edges of the bed to fix the blanket, pulling here, tugging there.

Unconsciously, Naruto’s body uncurled slightly and took a deep breath of the newly laundered blanket. It was even more fluffy and heavenly than the one that Sasuke had stolen away from him. Lingering warmth seeped into his own clothing, making him deliciously comfortable.

Sasuke ran his hand lightly over the mysterious lump hidden under the freshly dried blanket until he felt Naruto’s head. He pulled the blankets away from the blond’s face and pried the idiot’s hand away from his face. With a gruff sort of softness, Sasuke tucked the hem of the blanket under Naruto’s chin and eased the pillow so that his head was on it. He pushed back Naruto’s messy hair and ran his thumb along his hairline.

Sasuke watched as Naruto’s eyebrows furrowed slightly and his lips started moving, but no sound came out. Sasuke didn’t doubt that Naruto was cursing him in his sleeping state. He let his hand rest tangled in the blond hair for another second before moving away.

He picked up the blanket on the floor and went to the laundry room to wash it.

How he hated doing the laundry….

2. Smeared Glass

Small fingers and palms pressed greasily onto the cold surface of once-spotless glass. Not soon after that, a dirty forehead and a smudge of a nose joined the hands. The glass’s torture didn’t end there. A large puff of warm breath misted over its surface and fogged it up.

Blue eyes blinked, amazed, out the messy window. Blond eyelashes lightly scraped across the glass as he did so. It was strangely white and bright outside. The usual blue of the sky was bleached to a pure, blinding white. Naruto wondered if it would rain later in the day.

He shifted slightly on the couch, his knees sinking into the plushy, over-stuffed cushion. Suddenly, he felt someone plop down next to him, causing the couch to dip in even further. He almost toppled over at the uneven weight displacement. He looked to his right, to see who it was.

Sasuke pressed his hands against the glass, right next to Naruto. “What are you looking at?” he asked.

The small blond grinned happily. “The sky, duh,” he answered before turning his chubby cheek against the cool glass again.

“Oh,” the Uchiha replied, looking at Naruto for a brief second before looking out again. Suddenly, he looked at his hand and the faint white outline misting around it. He lifted his tiny hand away, watching the white fade away. He blinked curiously.

“I think it’ll rain, Sasuke,” Naruto proclaimed solemnly.

“Uhn,” the boy agreed absentmindedly.

The blond smiled lightly and closed his eyes. He pushed his face further onto the glass, making more of his skin touch the glass. It was like touching ice without so much harshness. It felt chillingly good against his face and hands. Every now and again, he would move a little bit to feel more coolness because the glass warmed up.

He felt his breath skitter over the surface, slowly condensing into slight droplets. For a minute or two, Naruto stayed like that, moving his face over the glass, until someone clapped his hands against his cool cheeks and dragged him away.

“You’re dirtying the glass, stupid,” Sasuke chided him, eyebrows furrowed in what would be a famous Uchiha glare in a few years.

Naruto only grinned back cheerfully.

3. Detergent Nap

Naruto was, at the moment, the most comfortable man in the world. Sitting on a nice, comfy couch, leaning on the pillows, almost half-asleep. His mouth was opening slightly as his jaw slackened. His hands were carelessly thrown on his lap as he napped.

He hadn’t meant to fall asleep in the middle of the afternoon, especially since he had to get the laundry out of the dryer promptly, but it was just too warm and it made him drowsy. Granted, if he woke up too late the laundry would most definitely get crumpled. Then Sasuke would get rather upset and yell at him for being so absentminded.

But for now, he allowed himself the indulgence of simply sitting there and to listen to the nonexistent din of the house. Slowly, he faded into unconsciousness. There was a gap in time of unknowingness, of nothingness, and of darkness. It could have been a few minutes or even an hour before the prickling sense of awakening prodded Naruto gently.

He sensed someone approaching him, though he still wasn’t just awake enough to move and see who it was. Besides that, they probably would not bother him anyways. He unconsciously took in a deep breath of air and settled back into a light sleep.

Something warm and lightweight draped over his shoulders. There was the heavenly light scent of detergent wafting from the thing. Naruto’s body perceived it as a rough, scratchy blanket even in its sleeping state.

Softly, he murmured something incoherently when large hands came to his shoulders and tucked the blanket behind him. His breathing quickened slightly and took in more of the smell.

His eyes moved behind closed lids and his arms moved almost mechanically in his blurried sleep, his hands still covered with the blanket. The blond gripped the wrists of those hands and held on tightly through the fuzzy cotton of the fabric.

The body froze momentarily before relaxing. A defeated sigh escaped from its lips.

“Let go now,” came a dull, uninterested voice.

Naruto opened his eyes into slits, catching the glimpse of a white, button-up shirt and closed his eyes again. “No,” he said stubbornly and yanked on the wrists, causing the softly abrasive fabric to slide against pale skin. “… Sasuke.”

The Uchiha fell easily into Naruto’s lap, not actually resisting at all. He shifted a bit so that his knees rested on either side of Naruto’s lap and pressed his forehead lightly against the blond’s.

Naruto’s hands let go of Sasuke’s wrists and wriggled out from underneath the thin blanket. “Thanks for taking out the laundry…” he smiled sleepily, eyes still closed.

“Idiot,” Sasuke replied under his breath and pressed his dry lips against Naruto’s.

They moved slightly, kissing chastely, the blanket crumpling into a ball between them. Naruto opened his mouth and prodded his tongue into Sasuke’s. He sucked lightly on Sasuke’s lower lip and started to yank gently on his hair.

“Nngh,” Sasuke grunted, when Naruto began to pull too hard. He changed the angle of their kiss and pushed harder against Naruto’s body, squeezing his shoulders firmly. His own tongue prodded into Naruto’s mouth and he slid it over the blond’s. He pulled back a bit and swallowed before lightly kissing Naruto’s wet lips.

They did this twice more, making soft, wet noises, before Naruto leaned forward possessively and forced his tongue back into Sasuke’s mouth. He ran over his teeth and sighed lightly. He felt a strange, rough sensation running along his abdomen along with a tickling sensation.

Sasuke felt Naruto’s tongue retreat back into his own mouth and a grin begin to form. He rubbed his fingers more teasingly against Naruto’s sides, feeling the blond giggle and shudder laughingly. He took the advantage of Naruto’s helplessness and kissed him on the cheeks and eyelids.

“S-Stop,” Naruto hissed out between giggles, eyes clenched tightly together, a grin stretching his face.

Finally, Sasuke allowed his long fingers to rest gently against Naruto’s stomach and nestled his nose on the juncture of the blond’s neck and shoulder. He inhaled deeply, shifting slightly on Naruto’s lap.

Naruto copied his actions and buried his face into Sasuke’s shirt. He turned his face slightly and pressed his moist lips against Sasuke’s neck, breathing lightly. His arms wrapped around his waist and he pulled the Uchiha closer to him.

Warm crinkling sounded as Naruto began to sniff at Sasuke’s just-out-of-the-dryer shirt. The rumbling of Naruto’s voice travelled through their touching chests as they sat there.

“You smell really good, Sasuke….”