TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


What Makes the Difference by Moon Ecstasy

[Reviews - 1]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: It really does you know.
Disclaimer: I own nothing, I am a broke student, do not sue me, it would gain you nothing but my eternal hate.
T.O

Chapter Four: Ramen Fixes Everything!

Harry felt strangely depressed and sick. Haruno-sama had finally discharged him, after a week, with a warning to get some rest. She didn’t mentioned that she was worried by his continued melancholic state. She figured nothing was as depressing as knowing that it could be years before he saw his friends and family. Or it could be never. What she didn’t understand was why Harry looked so guilty. What did he have to feel guilty over?

Harry, however, felt extraordinarily... inculpative. The wizarding world was at war... and here he was in another world. Him. The guy that was supposed to kill Voldemort. And he felt relieved that he might not have to do that anymore, but he felt horribly guilty at feeling relieved.

And of course he was worried for the well being and safety of those he cared for. For Christ’s sakes, if he was the one destined to kill Voldemort then how the hell would his side win without him? He could only hope to find a way back soon, or at least hope that the prediction ended up wrong and someone else managed to kill Voldemort.

So wrapped up in his thoughts was Harry that he hadn’t paid attention to Naruto’s inane chatter but he was brought to a halt when Naruto stopped and stared at him.

“What’s got you so lost in thought?” He asked almost nonchalantly.

“Uh...” Harry sighed, “I’m worried about my friends. Are they safe, are they trying to find me.” Harry noticed the blondes eyes tighten, the boy knew what he was talking about, this much Harry was sure of. It made him feel more comfortable confessing some of his fears.

“Actually, in my world, much as I hated it, I was an important person.” He smiled a little at Naruto’s skeptical look. “Yeah I may not be strong by your standards but there was a prophecy about me. Apparently I am the only one able to kill this madman trying to take over our world.”

Naruto was walking backwards now, completely focussed on Harry, yet the blonde didn’t trip or bump into anyone. It was like he had eyes on the back of his head.

“Since I’m not there now, I wonder if the prophecy is void or something. I can’t help but feel relieved and that makes me feel so guilty. Why should I be relieved, what if they can’t beat him? What if he wins? What will happen to the people I care for, those that fought beside me?”

“Why do you feel relieved?” Naruto asked.

“Truthfully, I’ve never killed anyone before, not intentionally.” This time Naruto stumbled.

“So you are more like a civilian.” Naruto said, tilting his head, “As shinobi we kill many times.” Harry looked wide-eyed at Naruto. Now he knew why the blonde sometimes reminded him of the older Order members. He knew what it was to take a life.

“Well I know what’ll cheer you up!” Naruto’s grinned, “Ichiraku Ramen!”

OoOoO

Ichiraku Ramen was a restaurant, well more like a booth, Harry saw as they neared it. He had, had no idea what ramen was and when he had asked Naruto... well he regretted asking, that was all. The blonde knew ramen, it was an obsession, it was terrifying. He went on and on about noodle texture, broth thickness, spices, flavourings, and more. It was like listening to an infomercial Harry thought, recalling the annoying commercials that he had seen on the telly during the few times he had actually watched it.

Naruto sat on one of the stools gesturing for Harry to sit beside him, “My treat!” he said, smiling. Then he turned to a kind looking old man behind the counter. “Misu flavoured for me, beef for him.”

“How are you Naruto?” asked the man.

“I’m good Teuchi-san! Better now that I’m here!” Teuchi laughed. Harry could see that this man really liked Naruto. He knew why too, the blonde was so charismatic that anyone who got to know him would like him.

“And you’re a new face around here, what’s your name?”

Harry started at being addressed, then smiled, “My name is Potter Harry, nice to meet you.” He had decided, and been encouraged by Naruto and Sakura, to say his last name first, to avoid confusion.

“Nice to meet you Harry-kun, enjoy.” And a large steamy bowl of soup with long noodles was set in front of Harry. It smelled delicious Harry decided as he looked for a fork. There was nothing... “Uh?”

Naruto noticed Harry’s confusion, “What’s wrong?”

“Where is the cutlery?” Naruto raised one brow, “you know... uh what do I use to eat?”

“OH!” Naruto reached over to a cup full of wooden sticks and pulled one out. He then snapped the wood in half and handed them to Harry, “Chopsticks.” He said then showing Harry how to use them, he began to laugh uncontrollably at Harry’s clumsy attempts.

“What do you use in your world?” He asked. Naruto, Harry noticed, was always asking questions. And while struggling with the chopsticks to eat the raman (which Harry had to admit, was divine and worth all Naruto’s praise) he tried to explain forks and spoons and knives.

Naruto’s eyes bugged out and he laughed asking why would anyone use these spoons when it is so much faster to drink the soup? He continued asking Harry questions about his world, laughing at some things, showing amazement at others.

After Naruto had five more bowls (Harry had one more) they started back to Naruto’s, Harry being grilled the entire way. When they got to the building Naruto led him up to the apartment.

“Tsunade Baa-chan said she wanted you to bunk with me so I got a bigger apartment. I moved in awhile ago, so I got the best room but your's is still pretty good. Well here we are!”

Naruto opened the door and flicked on the lights, showing Harry his bedroom. It was sparsely furnished, one bed with a side table and a lamp, a wall hanging with strange characters, that Harry knew meant “strength and perseverance.” The translation spell extended to Japanese writing he had found, though he still saw it as Japanese. He wondered whether his own writing would show as Japanese or English.

Looking in a closet, he found his robes cleaned and mended. The hospital had provided him with baggy green pants and a black T-shirt that was designed with the strange symbol that was on everyone’s head protector.

“Get comfy, tomorrow we’ll go get some extra clothes for you and other provisions.” Then smiling Naruto left. Harry sunk down into the bed as all his worries, that had been easily suppressed in the blondes presence, came flooding back. What had happened to everyone else? What were they doing? Were they safe? His hands curled into fists, gripping the blanket. He just did not know what to do.

Looking over to the bed table he noticed his wand harness was laying beside the lamp. Another worry, they still hadn’t given him his wand back. He couldn’t hold them for their wariness, he was wary too. He just felt unprotected without his wand.

It was in this uneasy state that the-boy-who-lived fell asleep, far away from home.

O.O
Chapter end notes: yuppers