TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


As It Already Was || Akatsuki || 00 by Endless Wait

[Reviews - 1]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: I hope that you enjoy my new Akatsuki story.

I do not own Naruto.

I do not own Arotsu, Nerura. She belongs to Poketto Kunoichi. I asked for her permission and she allowed me to use her character.
Chapter notes: It's just the beginning, and I know that you may get confused. If you want me to explain, just leave a review, and maybe a rate. =D Thanks.
Prolouge
Be Careful With What You Wish For

The scroll that contained the secrets sat open, open to the world. No one was around in the dead quiet office, and that's how they wanted it. No one to see what they were about to do, no one to spring the alarms.

Quietly, the door slide open and the silhouette of a person could be seen. Gently, the door slid open another inch or two, and the person slipped inside.

The room was quiet and nothing made a sound, not even the person. Still, that was to be expected; the silhouette was well trained for this.

Moonlight filtered through a foggy window and it lit up the area underneath it. Perfect, just enough light to move around. Moving invisibly was one of their talents, and looking as if breathing wasn't acquired was another. The silhouette was born with the ability of looking invisible; just like all shadows were.

The scroll was the main prize; everything else could be fair game. It didn't matter; all that was wanted was the scroll.

Almost as if it was told, the door slid open again, this time, a little harder than necessary. A man, looking frantic, shoved the door open to an empty room.

"W-What? I knew that I heard someone," he proclaimed as he stepped into the room.

That was his mistake.

As the man stepped into the room, his heart beat wildly. He knew someone was here, he could feel it. This was his night for the graveyard shift, his night to keep watch. His night to make sure nothing went wrong.

The door gently closed behind him, snapping shut. He jumped and quickly turned around. His heart was beating faster and faster, almost as loud as a drum, beating in the night.

As his eyes swept over the door a few times, he sighed, satisfied. He turned back around and was met with a silhouette of a person. He opened his mouth, and he wasn't able to scream.

A long senbon needle was slid into his neck with such skill.

"Your first mistake..." The silhouette whispered in his ear, "...was becoming afraid. I could hear your heart from a mile away."

The voice was soft yet laced with laughter. The voice of the silhouette belonged to a woman, a deadly woman.

She held his chin in her left hand, her right filled with a needle. Her eyes were hard, filled with determination and concentration. A mask covered her face, yet it showed her eyes, and that was the last thing that he would ever see.

His body fell to the ground with a thud, and she continued on like nothing had even happened.

The moonlight was now illuminating the dead body on the floor. His eyes grew glossy, staring at nothing, mouth open in a silent scream. A small hole was in the side of his neck, and a tiny steam of blood was trickling onto the floor.

Moving back into the shadows, she slipped the senbon needle back into her sleeve. Silently, she walked into the desk in the center of the room and peered down to the scroll in the center. Her eyes widen as the book suddenly disappeared, and in its place, was the man that she just killed.

"B-But how?!"

He smirked, "Your mistake," he stabbed her in the chest with a kunai, "...was you believing I was really dead!"

She stumbled back, blood pouting down her front. Breathing heavily, she coughed and droplets of blood came from her mouth, staining her mask. The self behind her shifted as her body slammed into it. Books and scrolls fell from the shelves as she stumbled down, dead.

He sighed as he sat up. He did it; he made sure that everything was going the way it was planned. Looking down in his lap, he let out a sigh. Killing people was never something that agreed with him, but he'd do it if he had to.

He stood up and looked towards the window. Moonlight was streaming down and he could see his reflection clearly. He touched the cool glass with his fingertips and noticed how beautiful it looked that night.

The window pain rattled as the cool wind blew by. This time, his eyes widen. When he had walked in, the window was foggy, not clear. Turning around swiftly, he was met with his demise.

A senbon, but this time, it was jabbed into his jugular.

He gasped, sputtered, and fell to his knees. Blood came from the corners of his mouth, and from the pierced spot in his neck. It felt as if he was choking, and he really was. He coughed up blood, spit and anything else in his throat. His breathing became scarce.

He died a painful death.

Not even sparing him a glance, the silhouette stalked through the room. The person, still hidden by the shadows, looked around for the scrolll. It was what they needed, what the wanted.

The dead girl stared up at her with dead eyes. They looked like glass and the silhouette wonder how easy it was to break them.

To have them shatter like glass.

The moonlight still illuminated the room, but this time, it really was on top of the dead man. Blood was spilling onto the floor, and the body was twisted and broken; hands still at his neck. Tears came from his eyes and blood from his mouth.

The scroll, the scroll was needed, and it was needed tonight. The dead girl, who was staring up at her smiled. The silhouette looked down at her and smiled too. She disappeared into a puff of smoke. Just like that.

The moonlight was irritating the shadow's eyes. As she looked over, she noticed that something was out of place. The moonlight was showing something, and the silhouette walked towards it.

A scroll was carefully placed into a pile of other scrolls. It was the one the silhouette needed, the one that it was after.

The silhouette smiled, showing its white teeth.

|| - ||


Waiting was not normally one of the strongest points, but, that thought was pushed away, for now.

The moonlight was shinning down at the forest below, and everything was at piece. The owls were hunting, crickets were singing their song, and nocturnal animals were on the prowl.

The cool wind blew through the trees, making a soft noise. Night flowers danced and dew was sparkling. The forest was at peace, and the one person in it, was looking calm and almost asleep.

The wind had stopped, and a pair of eyes opened.

"I have what you wanted."

A shadow appeared next to the tree. The pair of eyes which were opened closed and opened again.

The silhouette stood next to the tree. It stood still and ready for anything. This was a person that wasn't to be messed with. This person overpowered her greatly, and now was not the time to be fooling around. This was life or death.

The silhouette stood amongst the trees that were blowing softly. The trunks stood tall, while the leaves danced and danced. The shadow that reflected on the trunk of a thick oak tree didn't move; almost as if it lay dead and forgotten.

"So... You obtained what I had asked for. Good."

The second voice drifted through the trees and into the ears of the silhouette. It tried not to narrow its eyes at the voice. It was growing impatient, but it still stood tall.

"But, you still took longer than you had anticipated. That is not acceptable."

Biting back a remark, the silhouette took a breath; a big mistake. The next second, the silhouette was stunned, looking strait ahead, as if something had a tight grip on it and was pulling.

The silhouette couldn't remember, why here? What was here? What was going on at this moment? The silhouette, couldn't remember anything. The silhouettes eyes focused on the owner of the voice and looked into eyes.

Leaning down, one whispered to the other.

"Can you remember anything?" It laughed.

"No, no. Why, why can't I remember," the silhouette yelled, mouth open and eyes wide.

A laugh met the question and the wind blew a bit harder.

Suddenly, as if a firework exploded in its head, the silhouette remembered. Everything; running, making the deal, killing many, and all for a scroll. A scroll which it killed for, and now, the silhouette, wanted its payment. It wanted what it came for.

They stared each other down. One's eyes were filled with determination, wanting and fear. The others were full of boredom, amusement and impatience. A winning combination, for each of them.

"Give it to me. Give it to me!" The silhouette screamed, stepping forward. It was losing its composer and it was panicking slightly.

Something happened to its mind. The memory, it had disappeared then reappeared. Something had happened to the memory, and the silhouette was sure that the person who stood a few feet away had something to do with it.

"You said that you could! Now, do as I asked, and I'll give you this!"

The silhouette panicked.

"But do you remember what I said? Hmmm? I said that I could..."

The voice had disappeared into the trees. Everything was silent and the silhouette's eyes were wide. The words seemed to whisper in her head. They floated and drifted; in and out of her mind.

"But, but you... You said!"

"...But, I never told you that I would."

Those were the last words that the silhouette heard.

Blood dripped down the silhouette's neck as it slid against the trunk of the tree. Its mouth was open slightly, and its pearly white teeth seemed to sparkle as drops of blood hit them.

The owner of the voice stood and looked down into the silhouette's eyes.

They were glassy and lifeless.

The wind seemed to stop into a gentle flow, taking its new soul. Careful to not get caught in the branches of the trees, the winds blew with the grass and the flowers, making them dance. It was a beautiful sight to behold.

"You seem to be in a good mood," came a voice. The bark of a large tree started to crack and take shape.

A large hole came from the bark in the tree as it cracked and groaned. Protruding from the tree was a large venus flytrap and in which was a man. The man's eyes lowered as he scanned the scene.

"You killed. Why must you do that every time?"

The figure turned, with a smile sketched on her lips. Her eyes glittered in the moonlight and a blood stained kunai was in her grasp.

"It was, as it already was." She smiled as she said the words, blood still dripping from the tip of her kunai.

She walked forward and leaned against the tree next to him. With the kunai still in her hand, she wiped the red liquid off and down to the ground with her finger. Blood pooled around the body, leaving a coppery smell. It was making him excited.

"Besides, it was too easy. All I had to do was scare and give a memory. I never promised that I could, only that I knew. So, there was nothing to worry about."

Leaning against the tree, she spoke with amusement lacing her words. The man next to her fully immerged from the tree, stepping down near the body. The body of the silhouette was still, lifeless. Blood dripped from the fingertips, after it followed down the arm.

She walked next to him, placing the kunai back into her weapons pouch. She ran her finger tips up his arm and grinned as he looked at her from the corner of his eyes.

"Besides, you need to eat."

He didn't say a thing, but he looked to the dead body and watched as the blood still flowed. All he wanted was just a little taste, just a very small drop.

"I have what we can for, and I didn't have to move. It was too easy." She told him as she stood next to him. "I wish that things weren't so boring."

"You know, you should be careful with what you wish for..."

"...You just might get it."

Looking at him, she grinned. "It sounds like you know something that I don't."

Silence greeted her and the grin still played on her face. It grew bigger as the sound of tearing flesh and the snapping of bones were heard all throughout the dark forest.

And the wind still blew.

|| - ||


The hallway was dark as they walked down it. Though it was dark, a few burning candles led their way.

The two figures moved quickly and quietly. They weren't late, but they had wasted too much time, and they knew it.

In the hands of one figure was a scroll of information that they desperately needed. Or, that was what they were told. Get this, and be quick about. They were to make no mistakes. Not one. Unfortunately, they wasted too much time. That was not good, for either of them.

Two large doors were raised at the end of the stone hallway. There were no candles near the doors, so the light could not reach it. The door was consumed.

The two figures stood at the doors and bowed deeply, eyes closed. Slowly, a loud groaning sound came from the doors as they opened. The darkness seemed to be coming from behind the doors and both of the figures stood strait again. They walked forward and the first started to speak.

"It was obtained, just as planned."

The sound of static showed that whomever they were talking to was listening.

"Were their any witnesses or any mistakes?"

"None."

"Then, why were you both late? Usually you both get here earlier."

Neither of the two figures spoke. It was never wise to talk back, but some have done it anyway. They were never heard from again.

The figure with a scroll in arms stepped forward, head bowed. Walking into the darkness, the scroll was taken from her by an unknown force. As the weight lifted from her arms, she took a step back, head still bowed.

The three presences stood in the darkness for a while. Two of which were waiting, making no sounds.

"You had someone else besides yourself to require the scroll?" The voice didn't sound surprised.

The figure let out a tiny breath and looked up, speechless.

Staring strait at her was a hologram of the Leader. He didn't look neither happy, nor angry which was good. No one really liked to be near him, in either one of those moods.

"Becoming bored with my missions are you?"

Still, not a word came from the two figures.

"Well, do you have anything to say for yourself?" The hologram asked, the image flickering slightly.

"Yes," she chose her words carefully. "Boredom was rooting itself into my brain. I decided to have a little fun."

Her words were thick and spoken clearly. Something that he would have commented on, but he was simply not in the mood. Not after this statement.

It was deemed impossible, but it seemed to grow even quieter in the dark room. Not a sound was heard, not even the three figures breathing could be heard. Only the crackle of the hologram made a slight sound ever once and a while.

The hologram laced its fingers together as it looked down at her.

"You want some fun do you?"

Still nothing.

"Well, I think that I have just what you need. Consider it a mission if you will."

Confused, the figure looked up at the static hologram. He was staring down at her with relaxed eyes. That could only mean that he was amused. Then, his eyes flickered to the figure behind him and he inclined his head, but only slightly.

Looking back from the corner of her eyes, she saw her partner nod. He took a step back and turned his eyes to the figure before him. She blinked slowly, and he grinned, showing off his sharp teeth.

"What do you mean? What are you giving to me?"

"Sharp as always. It's good to have you hear at times, but at other's, I just want to kill you," the hologram told her as he watched her.

With a wave of his hand, a candle flickered to life.

The figure that was watching the leader, turned slightly and her eyes widened. A voice from behind her spoke.

"...And you got what you wished for."

Standing under the candle was a small figure. It was hard to tell her appearance from the dim light of the candle, but someone could easily tell that it was female. She stood, not at all confidently, and her eyes were wide, taking in the darkness.

"This... Was not what I had in mind."
Chapter end notes: Let me know what you think, if you will.