TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Goodnight by Swords_and_Bandages

[Reviews - 7]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto, or the song I'm using.

Just a little snippet of a songfic. The song is "Goodnight" by Evanescence.

Feedback will be highly appreciated.
He sighed as he made the final stroke. It was done. There was only one thing left for him to do now.

He could see the babe squirming under the flickering candlelight. In a few minutes, it would be over.

The baby turned on the cold stone, and began to cry; being removed from the warmth of his covers was not the best for him.

“Waaah… ah… ah…”

“Aw… there, there.” He rushed over to the side of his precious bundle, picking him up. “Don’t cry.”

He cradled the baby in his arms, and gently swayed him from side to side. The babe continued to weep.

“Don’t cry, baby.” He cooed. But the baby cried harder.

It distressed him to see his infant child thus; he couldn’t just leave him like this.

Seeing no other choice, he mustered his best singing voice.

“Here, I’ll sing you a lullaby… go to sleep, baby…”

Continuing his swaying motion, he crooned the best he could.

His wife was much better than him when it came to singing, he remembered. But that didn’t matter now.


Goodnight, sleep tight
No more tears…
In the morning, I'll be here…



“Ah… hic…” The babe’s crying subsided.

He felt relieved somewhat now. His baby was calming down, catching the faint rhythm hovering upon the air; he was so much like a tiny copy of him- down to the deep cerulean eyes, where tears still glinted.


And when we say goodnight
Dry your eyes…



He reached out a finger to the corner of his baby’s eye, gently wiping the tears away; he’d turned quiet now. Those blue eyes dimly focused on him, making him pause for a moment.

Blinking and catching himself, he continued his lullaby.


Because we said goodnight
And not goodbye…



He could feel his voice quivering. Straining himself, he laid his infant son back down onto the stone altar. The baby reached out with a tiny hand, as if pleading with him not to go.

He let the small hand clasp his finger, gathering what little remained of his voice to deliver his farewell.


We said goodnight
And not goodbye…



“Goodnight, Naruto.” He whispered.

With that, Minato parted from his son, casting one last lingering, loving look upon him. Turning away, he swiftly left the room, grim determination holding back the tears welling up in his own eyes.