TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Power Within by kazekage4life

[Reviews - 4]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Power is an addiction. It waits, dormant in the pit of our souls. It presents itself when we are most vulnerable. Once released it takes over everything we once were. The power needs to be fed, turning us into something we never were.
The only sound that could be heard was the frightening sound of his unnaturally aggressive breaths. Large sums of pure anger were wedged tightly within each breath. His eyes had frozen over with a cold glaze of unexplainable hatred.


A drop of the dark, crimson blood slowly traced down his clenched fist. It lingered on his pointed fingernail before it cascaded on to the ground, arriving with a splash as the drop dispersed into several droplets of sticky red liquid. The sound of the trickling blood sent a streaming sensation of victory throughout his nerves. But as he glanced over for one last parting gaze, his emotions snapped once again. For his victim, who he had mercilessly slaughtered, flinched.


He began to shake, his body trembling with fury, his emotions washed over with a sense of severe loathing. He tipped his head back as a shrill, chilling scream built up in his lungs and escaped from his open mouth. Though he knew that he truly was dead, and the twitch he envisioned was strictly surreal, only existing in his twisted imagination, he was no where near through.


He snapped, lunging towards the body that lay helplessly on the cold ground. He screamed as he slashed through the flesh. He screamed as his slashes produced more and more openings for blood to pour out. The blood soothed him. His controlled self fed on the sight of the blood, replaying the events of his previous murder.


***********************************************************************


Naruto pounded on the wooden door before him. He thrust his hand into the wood so forcefully that small splinters broke off, penetrating his soft skin. Naruto grimaced, he knew he should come back after he had cooled off a bit, but he did not want this feeling of hurt to consume him. He needed confrontation now.


The door flew open suddenly. Naruto stopped his fist before it made contact with the habitant’s face.

“Sai,” Naruto muttered angrily.


“What do you want, bastard?” Though this was Sai’s routine greeting toward his teammate, Naruto was enraged. So much for his initial plan. His built up anger was unexplainable and unnecessary, but Naruto could not fight it.


“You leave Sakura alone,” he bellowed, “Don’t touch her, talk to her, look at her,” he shouted, “don’t even fucking think about her!” Naruto’s rage humored Sai, who saw this as nothing more than a joke. He never took Naruto seriously, and he was not about to start now.


“I’ll do whatever I want,” was his cool
reply. “Plus, she’s the one who will come to me. She always does,” Sai made up the last bit to drive Naruto insane, and of course it worked. But Sai never expected what happened next. His eyes expanded in surprise, and perhaps, even fear as a fiery red-orange tail emerged from Naruto. And as soon as it had sprouted, another appeared, followed by yet another.


Naruto had not wanted to fight empowered by the Kyuubi. He did not want to fight at all. He had simply wanted Sai to stay away from his only love. He finally found happiness with Sakura, but soon learned of Sai's newly born attraction to her. He could not stand to lose her. He could not lose another friend. The Kyuubi found its opening and merged Naruto’s brain with his own thoughts, formulating them as one.


Sai tried to fight back, but it only got worse. Naruto sliced through the face of his former friend, disfiguring his characteristics. He was tearing away every bit of Sai’s life. The smell of the blood and tears made him lust for more. He surrendered to the delicious power that was thrust upon him. He was invincible.


************************************************************************


Naruto screamed once again, his inner beast not yet satisfied, he-


Naruto turned as the door let out a slow creak. A single gasp was ushered from the one who held the door open, taking in the scene. The gasp itself was not very loud, but it split in Naruto’s ears as it made contact, creating the effect of a million high pitched screams. He collapsed to the floor, clasping his hands tightly to his ears.


“Naruto, what…?” Kakashi’s voice trailed off in utter disbelief as his eyes focused in completely of the terrifying sight. Sai lay motionless on the ground, and Naruto…, he was not Naruto. He was covered in blood. Clouds of red chakra hung thick in the air all around him. Kakashi nearly fainted when he noticed the tails. There were nine. Every single one of the fox’s tails was exposed.


At the sound of Kakashi’s voice, the real Naruto came to surface. He took one look at his sensei’s shocked expression, and turned around in panic. Sai, or what was once Sai, was a bloody disfigured pile of torn flesh. Naruto screamed, a scream filled with torment and grief that was heard throughout the entire village, as tears flowed out of his dull blue eyes.


Through his tears he looked up at Kakashi. “Sensei, what’s happening to me,” he wailed.


Kakashi briefly closed his eyes. The day they had all feared had come. The Kyuubi could break the seal at will, and he now controlled Naruto's life.



THE END
Chapter end notes: Review please