TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Now Where's the Brightside? (Mr. Brightside songfic) by Wolf_Hanyou_Shinobi

[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: This randomly came to mind as I was watching an awesome naruto amv for Mr. Brightside.
Disclaimer: I don not own any of the origanal Naruto characters, nor do I own the song.
~I'm coming out of my cage
And I've been doing just fine
Gotta gotta be down
Because I want it all~

Amaya smiled to herself as she walked towards her home from the Hokage's office. She had finished the day's missions and was looking foward to the night Kendari had promised to spend with her, just like old times. She knew how foolish her feelings for Kendari were, but just ignored them most of the time. It only made sense that she would fall in love with the person who brought her out of the darkness and showed her what love was. She no longer felt any need to hide her true form and her wolf ears and tail shown with pride. The people of her new village respected her for her abilities instead of hating her for her demon heritage. She also knew of Kendari's interest in Kiba, but ignored it too as she felt sure nothing would happen between the two. Her nose picked up her favorite scent, that of Kendari and she happily turned in that direction. As she got to where Kendari was, she had to spin around to hide behind a tree, senseless to watch she was seeing.

~It started out with a kiss
How did it end up like this
It was only a kiss, it was only a kiss~

The world around her seemed to spin and she couldn't make sense of anything. In front of her were Kendari and Kiba, they were kissing and whispering words of love to each other of which Amaya's sensitive ears could pick up. She felt sick to her stomach and sped away before they noticed her.
She lay in bed knowing Kendari wasn't coming and wondering what stupid excuse she would make up, Kendari had a habit of lying terribly. That was just one of the many reasons Amaya hated her, what she couldn't figure out was why she loved her. Not able to sleep, Amaya's overactive imagination percieved the Kiba and Kendari as together...

~Now I'm falling asleep
And she's calling a cab
While he's having a smoke
And she's taking a drag
Now they're going to bed
And my stomach is sick
And it's all in my head
But she's touching his-chest
Now, he takes off her dress
Now, letting me go~

Her eyes streamed hot tears as she held her head wanting the images to go away, however imaginary the may be. Eventually she fell asleep for a couple hours, although her dreams were filled with nightmares.
In the morning, she left before Kendari could find her and give some idiotically fake excuse for not coming over last night, she didn't want Kendari to see her. Mindlessly running to where ever her legs were taking her.

~And I just can't look its killing me
And taking control
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis~

Amaya remembered how she saved Kendari from the clutches of Orochimaru and how in return Kendari saved her from herself. It was too much, all the happy times they spent together flowing through her head as tears streamed down her face again. Before she knew it, she was on a large hill on the outskirts of the village and she fell to her knees with sorrow. She curled into a ball, trying to keep the world out and from the sparks of her sorrows grew a fire of envy. She knew of her destiny and she had known the happy times in Konoha village would come to an end soon, but she never thought of anything like this. The emotions felt strong enough to kill her and she felt a swirling feeling coming from deep inside her stomach, knowing all to well what it brought.

~But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
'Cause I'm Mr Brightside~

Shikamaru came unto the hill, which happened to be one of his favorite places to watch the clouds, he raised his eyebrows at Amaya curled into a ball and shaking. She picked up his scent and sat up watching him carefully.
"Uh, what are you doing?", he asked her confused.
"Nothing much really, trying to stop the pain that flows from my rebroken heart. Could you leave me to it?", she answered looking away from him. Of course that didn't make him go away and instead he sat down next to her and looked up to the clouds. She tried to growl menacingly at him but it came out as a weird sob. All she was able to mutter was, "Kendari and Kiba"
He looked at her surprised that such a shinobi even had problems like this, "You like Kiba but he likes Kendari?", he asked.
Smirking she answered, "Switch Kendari and Kiba and you have it right."
His eyes widened a bit but he just sighed, "You should tell her, if she doesn't know how can it be resolved?"
It was as if the clouds in her mind cleared away, that made sense it was what she would do. She stood up energetically and turned to Shikamaru, "Thank you.", was all she said as she kissed his forehead before rushing off. He blushed a bit before turning back to the clouds.

~I'm coming out of my cage
And I've been doing just fine
Gotta gotta be down
Because I want it all
It started out with a kiss
How did it end up like this
It was only a kiss, it was only a kiss
Now I'm falling asleep
And she's calling a cab
While he's having a smoke
And she's taking a drag
Now they're going to bed
And my stomach is sick
And it's all in my head
But she's touching his-chest
Now, he takes off her dress
Now, letting me go~

She found Kendari with Kiba and Kendari blushed a bit as she could tell by the way Amaya looked at them that she knew. Amaya couldn't stop herself and she blurted out, "Kendari-chan, I love you!"
Kendari looked at Amaya as if she had lost her mind while Kiba began to laugh hysterically. Noticing she had made a fool out of herself and they found it amusing, the strange swirling deep in her stomach grew stronger and it seemed as if the world turned red before she blacked out.

~Cause I just can't look its killing me
And taking control
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis~

When she came to, she was on her knees surrounded by a pool of blood. The lifeless bodies of Kendari and Kiba next to her. She shook her head solemly as she stood up, she had seen this before, with the destruction of her village. It was part of being a hanyou like she was, when she couldn't control her rage her demon form took over and caused mass destruction. Now she knew it was time for her to leave the village hidden in the leaves, they wouldn't except her murderous self. With a last loving look to Kendari she turned away, never to return to Konoha, back into her exile.

~But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
'Cause I'm Mr Brightside

I never...
I never...
I never...
I never...~
Chapter end notes: Yea, let me know what you think of it.