TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Under the Mask by Nightmare

[Reviews - 9]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: I don't own Naruto or anything based on it. This is a new fiction, and flames will be used burn furry little animals. Not sure about pairing for Naruto.
Chapter notes: First chapter!

Four year old Uzumaki Naruto was running desperately through the streets of Konoha, trying to escape the cries of “Kill the Demon!”. He ducked through a side alley but slipped and fell. Before he could get up the villagers were there…


At 5 it was no different. He ran but cried out in pain and fell as a sharp object pierced his leg. He curled up his body, knowing the pain would come soon…


He was now 6 and it was the same except now there were some ninjas in the group. He had managed to evade them but they were quickly catching up. He dashed down a side street that would take him to his house and by the time he arrived there, the villager’s cries had faded out. He wearily entered his apartment and quickly fell asleep on his bed.


There was fire everywhere. The smell of smoke was almost overpowering and his vision was hazy. He could feel the fire coming closer and getting hotter- Naruto suddenly woke up to find that his dream was real. His apartment was on fire and the flames were dangerously close to him. He got up and stumbled toward the door, running into things because of the smoke obscuring his vision. He tried to open the door only to find that the handle came off and the points of several long kunais were keeping the door from opening. He was trapped and this time the villagers meant to finish what they started. His thoughts were cut short as the apartment started to fall apart and a flaming log hit him on the head. Darkness overtook his vision…


He awoke to find himself in a strange place. The lights were flickering and there was water an inch high on the floor. He got up and started walking, drawn to one of the doorways in the walls. After what seemed like hours he started to see a red glow. It was oddly comforting and it seemed to make him relax. As he got closer the feeling intensified. He took one more turn and arrived before what seemed like a giant cage. On the doors of the cage there was a piece of paper with an odd symbol on it that he couldn’t read. It says ‘seal’. He jerked his head and looked around, trying to find the source of the voice that seemed to come from everywhere and press down on him. He then looked in the cage and saw a shadow. Trying to get a better view he pressed his face against the cage but stumbled and fell back as a giant red orb seemed to appear from nowhere. There was a weird black line in the orb and then he realized that he was looking at the eye of some giant creature. Do you know where you are? The voice came out again but he was too scared to say anything. Am I scaring you? When he nodded, there came a giant sigh that felt like a strong warm breeze. I apologize, let me change into a different form. The eye disappeared and the giant shadow seemed to shrink. Then a smaller shadow walked toward the cage and he could see the new form of the giant. It was a woman with flowing crimson hair and the same crimson eyes with the slit pupils. She was attractive in a dangerous way and it was as though her body itself promised pain to those who angered her. Is this better? He nodded and slowly relaxed. You are in your mind and I brought you here because you are in danger. I will help you because if you die then I die. Just let me handle everything. Naruto felt his consciousness drifting away and managed to ask “Who are you?” I am Kyuubi. Then darkness took him.


The villagers watched eagerly as the hated demon’s house burned down. They had finally killed him and some started cheering. This stopped as a killer intent froze them all and seemed to force them to look at the building. There in the fire was a figure that seemed to be covered in a strange red substance. It walked forward, the fire having no effect as it went through it. The figure paused, leaned forward, almost to the ground, then swept its head from its knee to the sky and roared in anger. That was the last the villagers heard before the figure disappeared…


The figure stood, the fire was almost out and there was blood everywhere. It sniffed the air before disappearing. The guards at the gate saw a red streak but it disappeared before they could do anything. The next day, the apartment was ashes and the villagers were dried blood and shreds of body on the ground.


One year after Uzumaki Naruto left the village, there came rumors of a new threat. It was deceptive, with the appearance of a small boy with crimson streaked blond hair but those who tried to oppose it were found as a red layer covering the land they once stood and opposed the boy on. 4 years after these rumors started, a figure could be seen walking towards the gates of Konoha. The crimson streaked blond hair shining in the sun. He was wearing black pants and a black shirt that had crimson spiraling around the arms. He had a vest on that was also black and had a crimson spiral on the back. His azure eyes betrayed no emotion and the whisker marks on his face, coupled with his hair gave him a sleek fox like appearance.


He arrived at the gates and the guards were immediately at unease. Something about the boy seemed to be wrong but they just didn’t know what. The Hokage suddenly appeared but instead of saying anything just nodded at the figure and they both disappeared. Back at the Hokage’s office, Sarutobi sat down in his chair. “So you have returned.”

“Yes I have.”

“You will be reinstated into the academy and will take the genin exams in two weeks.”

“Understood.”

“Now go to the academy with this letter, look for Umino Iruka.” The boy disappeared and Sarutobi just sighed. He sensed that things would never be the same.


At the Academy


The figure arrived at the front of the academy and walked in. He went through the halls until he found the room with the teacher he was looking for. He entered without knocking and nobody took any notice. He went to the teacher and handed him a note. Iruka looked at the boy and then the note before turning to face the rest of the class. “Silence!” The noise died down as everyone seemed to register the appearance of the new person. “Class, we have a new student so I want you to be nice to him. This is Naruto Uzumaki.”

Chapter end notes: Please leave reviews. Votes for pairings. There will be NO SasuSaku at all. Please do 10 reviews if you could, and they have to be insightful. Thank you!