TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Training Wheels by Frosty

[Reviews - 9]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: Possible yuri later on. Rated 15 for language.
AN: My first Naruto fan fic! Hope it goes well! Bear with me, I realize that this first chapter is kind of boring, but it sets the stage, O.K.? Oh, and just so you know who’s who, here is a character guide:

Hitake Misa – Daughter of Sakura and Kakashi, the main character for this story, friends with Hakira and Aki, hates Yuka, pink hair, big temper, oblivious to most non ninja-related things like why guys keep asking her out. I mean really, what’s a girl got to do to get some alone time? No crushes to report as of yet

Hyuuga Hakira – Daughter of Naruto and Hinata, best friend to Misa, yellow hair, has obtained Byakugan, but has definitely not mastered it. If it moves and it’s male, she flirts with it.

Uchiha Aki – Son of Sasuke and Temari’s son (WTF? He’s with Temari? What was I thinking?!? I don’t even like them together! Oh well…) friend to Misa and Hakira, black hair, hasn’t gotten the sharaingan yet, and is a total powerhouse. Refuses to admit it, but he has a big crush on Misa.

Nara Yuka – Daughter of Shikamaru and Ino, acquaintances with Hakira, indifferent to most others, thinks Misa is troublesome, true genius, but inherited her father’s laziness, blonde hair, seemingly no interest in the male gender.

Pochi – Adopted son of Gaara and Lee, friends with Yuka and acquaintances wit h Hakira and Misa, brown hair, good with chakra control, crush on Hakira. Up till now has spent half the year in the Sand Village with his other father, Garra.
This will be updated with each new installment.
Enjoy!

---

Disclaimer: I don’t own Naruto. Stop rubbing it in!

---

“Misa!” A female voice penetrated the young pink-haired girl’s dreams, destroying a particularly good one she had been having. She rolled over and pulled her pillow atop her head.
“Go away, mom! It’s way too early to be up!” She complained, closing her eyes and refusing to leave her soft bed.
“You’re going to be late! And it’s your examination today! Get up, Misa!” Sakura, Misa’s mother ordered. At that, Misa shot up, flying out of her bed, and changing in a record thirty-six seconds.
“Oh no! You’re right! Why didn’t you wake me up earlier?” she asked, pulling on her sandal-shoes, and tying up her petal -pink hair up in a ponytail.
“I did. Three times.” Sakura responded, holding the door open for her daughter, who burst out it ten seconds later. “She’s heading your way!” Sakura warned her husband, who didn’t even look up from his book as he held out a piece of toast – already buttered – and a bento-box for the girl. Misa rushed out, stopping only to kiss her silver-haired father on the head, grabbing the food as she went and once at the door.
“Bye mom, dad!” She said with a wave, then tore out the door, leaving it open in her haste, muttering “Late! Late! Late! I’m going to be late!” as she ran.
“Good luck!” Sakura called, appearing at the door, looking nervous for her little girl. Her husband appeared at her side, Icha Icha book away for the time, and watched his daughter race towards the academy.
“She’ll be fine. Don’t worry. You know she’ll pass” Kakashi said, placing a hand on his wife’s shoulder. “Oh, Hinata agreed to take care of her, Hakira, and Aki while we’re gone, so come-on, or we’ll be late” he told her, which got a laugh out of the pinkette.
“Since when do you care about being punctual?” She asked with a teasing smile, but she went to get ready anyway.

---

“Aki!” Hyuuga Hakira exclaimed, launching her small florescent-yellow-haired self at a boy her age.
“Ack! Kira! Get off me!” Uchiha Aki – a black haired youth with pale skin and dark eyes – ordered, swatting at the girl. “I don’t hit girls, but if you don’t let go…” he threatened, but it wasn’t working. Hakira continued to glomp him. “And I won’t give you anything at lunch!” he added. That did the trick. The heir to the Hyuuga clan let go and took a step back.
“Fine, be that way!” she said, but she smiled at him to show that she wasn’t actually mad.
“Aki! Kira!” Misa called, running over to them.
“MISA! YOU’RE…” they began in unison, then blinked “uh… on time. For once” they said, looking confused.
“What’s up with that? You’re always late!” Hakira exclaimed, skipping foreword to hug her friend.
“That is known to happen from time to time,” Misa said with a smile. “Hey! Are you guys nervous? I know I am!” she said, looking very much on edge. Misa had a tendency to freak out when it came to tests and things, and this… this was the biggest test of her life so far. It would tell her if she was going to be a ninja or not.
“Totally” Hakira said, looking just as on edge.
“I’m sure you’ll to great, Misa” Aki said, not making eye-contact.
“Hey, Kira, what’s up with Aki today?” Misa asked.
“Dunno. He wasn’t like this earlier… Maybe he’s sick” she said with a smirk. Misa and Aki might have been completely oblivious of the boy’s feelings, but they were the only two. Hakira had a creeping suspicion that Aki was starting to figure out that he liked Misa at last, and she couldn’t help but smile to herself as she watched the two of them. Aki caught the teasing tone in Hakira’s voice and sent her what had widely been labeled the ‘Uchiha Death Glare’ by the rest of the academy when his other brothers had attended two years ago.
“Well come on, or we really will be late!” Misa said, and started in, Aki was right behind her, and Hakira followed, snickering a bit as she did so. The three talked through most of the beginning speech, so Misa was startled when she heard Aki’s name called.
“Wha?” he asked, getting some snickers from other students.
“Go up there and transform to look like the hogake!” Misa informed him. Aki nodded gratefully and Misa flashed him a smile that made the poor boy turn red before walking up to the front of the class. He closed her eyes for a second, concentrated, made the seal, and…
“Transform!”
He looked down at herself to find that she looked like a pretty accurate version of Tsunade. He breathed a sigh of relief and dropped the guise to go receive his forehead protector. Then he sauntered back to his friends, beaming as he proudly tied his forehead protector around his head. He slapped a high five with Misa and accepted a ‘congratulations Aki!’ plus a giant, suffocating hug, from Hakira. Then he sat down to watch the next kid go.
“Go Pochi!” Hakira cheered as the adopted son of Lee and that creepy sand-guy went forward. He looked up and Misa nearly cracked up as he turned a bit red and gave Hakira a wobbly smile. Her friend shot him the thumbs up and he took a determined look and stepped forward, making the seal.
Yuka was next, and the girl yawned, muttering something about this being troublesome before heading up to the front. She was perfect, of course. Yuka was always perfect. If only she would get up off her ass more often she would probably be a great Ninja. As it was… she didn’t care much for anything (As far as Misa could tell) but she was super smart when she put her mind to it. People said that her dad was some sort of genius too, but so far, Misa had only noticed that he was a lazy bum of a man. Yuka walked by Misa’s seat, and the pinkette glared daggers at the girl, sticking out her tongue, which caused her to look like a bloated pig, sending Hakira into a fit of giggles. That is, until her name was called, then she went silent and walked to the front of the room, looking like she had just eaten an ashtray. When she did the transformation jutsu it… didn’t exactly look right… The ‘Tsunade’ that stood before the class was somewhat square shaped, and her nose was bigger than the rest of her face. The class – excluding the teacher that is – burst out laughing, and Hakira turned bright red trying the jutsu again and providing a slimmer, more accurate Tsunade. With green hair. Not just green either, it was bright, freaking green. Like neon lights or Halloween-goo green.
Hakira quickly reverted to her own form and ran out the door, trying hard not to burst into tears. Aki looked up at the teacher, who nodded, then ran after his friend. Misa desperately wanted to go too, but she still had her exam to go, so she was forced to wait behind, fidgeting and miserable, while her two closest friends dealt with the problem on their own.

---

“Kira”
“Go away!”
“Kira!”
“I said leave, Aki!”
“But…”
“Go the fuck away!”
Aki walked up to Kira and sat next to her, wrapping his arm around his friends shoulders. Hakira gave a last attempt to shrug him off, then gave up, and started to sob. Aki just tightened his grip and let her get it all out. Finally, once his shirt had been thoroughly soaked, the water-works came to an end.
“Dad’ll be so disappointed in me” She sniffed “Mom won’t say anything, but she’ll be upset as well, I know she will be. Not only did I fail, but a made a fool of myself!”
“We don’t know that you failed, Kira. Look Pochi’s dad, he couldn’t even do any jutsu, and he passed” Aki comforted her, but it did little to help.
“I’m a failure, Aki! A fucking failure!”
“NO YOU’RE NOT, KIRA!” Aki snapped suddenly, making her shut up and stare at him. “Don’t you ever let me hear you say that again! No matter what, you are not a failure! You’re amazing, Kira, You gained the Byakugan already, and you’re great at all other sorts of things! You just aren’t good at that particular one yet. You’ll get it eventually” Aki encouraged, and Hakira gave him a weak smile.
“If you say so...” she said, leaning into Aki, much to the boys discomfort.
“Hey! Love birds! Get a room, would ya?” Misa asked, coming up to the other two who immediately jumped apart. Misa was wearing her protector around her neck, so it was safe to assume she had passed. “You left so fast that they couldn’t give you this, Kira you baka” Misa said with a smile to show that she didn’t mean the insult. She held foreword another forehead protector, only to be tackled by Hakira. The two girls hit the ground with a thunk.
“Misa! I’m so happy I could kiss you!” Hakira exclaimed.
“Erm… please don’t! It’s bad enough that you always get to be on top” Misa joked. “Seriously though, could you let me up? This is kind of awkward” she said, referring to the fact that Hakira was laying on her, face inches from her own.
“Oh, yeah, erm… sure” Hakira said, jumping up and offering Misa a hand.

---

So? What'd ya think? Please R&R