TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


My Own by Noleta

[Reviews - 5]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: This is another story that has my OC Noleta as one of the main characters.
Chapter notes: This is probably the longest chapter I have written in any of my stories!
Naruto was taking a stroll through Konoha whistling happily to himself. He is now 21, a chunin and teaches at the Ninja Academy. He enjoys teaching those curious and happy children, so innocent. Naruto was suddenly interrupted from his musings when he heard a ruckus coming from the alley way he was passing. The noise was not a pleasant one. It was filled with angry yells and maniacal laughs and after straining his ears he could her some faint crying. Naruto ran into the alley way to only find in shock his past coming back to haunt someone else. There was a mob of 20 or so of the villagers all crowding around a small figure slumped on the ground all fighting and waiting to be able kick the small child who was taking their beating unconsciously. Naruto shook with anger and a low growl came from deep within his throat, it made him sound like a rabid animal. The villagers turned around in shock, the happiness and glee on their faces from a second ago vanished and was replaced with fear mixed with irritability. The villagers had not been happy to hear that Naruto would be teaching their children.

Naruto looked at them with resentment flowing off of him wave after wave. The mob noticed this and slowly stepped aside. But there was still one person kicking the child. It was a boy of the same age as the poor victim. He was kicking them continuously and ignoring Naruto completely. Naruto started to approach the boy when suddenly the boys’ mother pulled him behind her, obviously afraid that Naruto was going to hurt him. The boy looked angry that he had been cut off from his kicking spree. Naruto carefully grabbed the slump on the ground and threw it over his shoulder. He then sent one last deathly glare at the mob and jumped onto the closest roof. He jumped from roof to roof softly so as to not jiggle the child. He felt extreme sympathy toward the stranger, as well as sadness and anger that the villagers still hadn’t changed. They arrived at his apartment and he layed the child on his bed and stepped back to examine them.

The child was a girl no older than 5. She had on rags for clothing and no shoes at all showing off blistered feet. She had long unkempt black hair that was almost down to her ankles. Her skin was tan and she had muscles that were out of the ordinary for a girl of her age, probably created by her striving to survive and although she had muscles she was still extremely skinny and boney. Her face had a gaunt look to it that should only be seen in the faces of old timer with too many stories to tell. Dried blood adorned her face from beneath her hair to her chin and her legs were severely broken. Naruto only knew the basics to first aid and could do nothing more than make two splints for her legs so that the damage wouldn’t get worse. Naruto sat in the wooden chair near the bed knowing he could do nothing more for the girl except wait for her to wake up.

The next morning……..

Noleta woke up to the smell of food. It had been such a long time since she smelt that wonderful aroma and could hardly wait to find its source. When she tried to stand up though, she found that both her legs were held in a stiff position by two splints. She also noticed that she was bandaged up.

“I see that you’ve woken up.” yelled Naruto from the kitchen after hearing the bed sheets ruffle.

Noleta stiffened at the sound of a voice coming from outside the room. It was obvious that the stranger was addressing her. She began to wonder whether she should reply back.

Naruto noticed the silence that came after his comment and decided to check on the girl. He walked into the room to see the young girl staring at the doorway apprehensively.

“Hey, you okay?” he asked as he slowly sat beside the child. Noleta simply nodded in response. “Are you mute or something?” he said jokingly.

“No! I am not mute mister!” she said in an annoyed tone. Narutos plan had worked.

“Well, I’m sorry but you weren’t saying anything.” he replied with one of his signature smiles on his face.

“I’m not supposed to speak to strangers.” She said simply.

“I’m Naruto Uzumaki, I teach at the Konoha Ninja Academy and I am a chunin. There I’m not stranger anymore.” He then pouted a little. “But you’re still a stranger to me.”

Noleta had started to enjoy the older mans sense of humor and didn’t want to end the fun. “I’m Noleta Aritzisabal! Now I’m not a stranger either.” She said with and adorable smile on her face that competed with Narutos own line of smiles.

“Well then Noleta, welcome to my humble abode! May I say I have never seen such a lovely smile.” He said bowing graciously. Noleta couldn’t help but laugh.

“Thank you very much Naruto!” she said as she stood up and tried to curtsy but fell because of her splints. Luckily Naruto reacted quick enough and caught her.

“We need to get you a wheel chair but before I have a few questions for you.” He said plopping her back onto the bed.

“Like what?” she asked innocently.

“Well first of all, where are your parents?” He asked sternly.

“My mothers dead and my father turned into a missing nin when I was a baby.” She said without even faltering. Noleta had gotten use to the fact that her father was a missing nin and it didn’t bother her much anymore. “I’ve been living on the streets since.”

Naruto looked at her with a solemn face before returning to his interrogation. “Why were those people attacking you?”

“Oh them! Yeah, they got this weird idea in their head that I’m going to turn out like my father. You see, my father killed lots of people and they were some that were affected.” She said while twirling her hair around her fingers lazily. Then suddenly something popped into her head. “Hey! You were the one who saved me weren’t you?!” she asked loudly. Naruto could only imagine that that was the way he sounded has a child.

“Why yes I did.” He stated proudly. “Now I have one question left and it’s probably the most important of all. Would you like to live with me?”

Noleta was gaping at him. Just the thought of living with Naruto made her all warm inside. “Yes!” she shouted as she lunged forward and hugged him the way only and five year old could. This was probably the happiest moment of her life.

“Now if you’re going to live under my roof we are going to have to find you some proper clothes!” he exclaimed happily.

“What about my wheel chair?” she asked curiously. “How will I get around without one?”

“You’ll ride on my back until we can get you one!” he said as he slouched down with his back facing her. Noleta grabbed on to his shoulders and lifted herself up onto his back. She had never been carried by someone before and she was a bit startled by the sensation.

People stared as Naruto walked through the streets with a laughing child on his back. Sure he was a teacher but it was a bit strange because nobody knew who’s child she was. As they were walking, they met up with Sakura who just so happened to be on her way to by some new ninja clothing.

“Hey Naruto!” she called out when she spotted his spiky yellow head.

“Oh, hey Sakura.” He said as he waited for her to catch up with him. Noleta tried to hide herself behind Naruto but her dark black hair stood out against his yellow. Sakura spotted her and smiled sweetly toward Noleta.

“And who have we got here?” she said in a babyish voice. Noleta just looked at her in annoyance.

“Sakura this is Noleta, Noleta this is Sakura.” He said smirking slightly at the look on Noletas face. “I’m taking her clothes shopping.”

“You are going to dress this girl? No way am I going to let you dress in her in orange like I know you will. I’m going to help you!” demanded Sakura. Noleta grimaced at the thought of having to spend more time with the pink haired lady. “I’ll take you all to my favorite clothing store!” she said as she grabbed Narutos hand and dragged him through the streets.

Finally they arrived at large store that Naruto had never seen. It was specifically made for kunoichis of all ages. Noleta dazzled at the sight before her, so many fabrics and colors! Some people rushed up to them when they entered.

“How is my #1 customer!? What are you looking for today?” asked an old lady with tangerine colored hair.

“Were here looking for some clothes for her.” She said pointing at Noleta who was still on Narutos back.

“And how old are you my dear?” she asked kindly.

“I’m five years old!” she exclaimed loudly. Sakura had to stop herself from covering her ears. No wonder the child was hanging out with Naruto.

“And your favorite color?” she asked once again.

“Purple!” she said after think a bit. Before she had no idea what her favorite color was but she decided it was purple after seeing all the shades of clothing.

“Yes, purple would look nice against your hair and tan skin. Right this way.” She said leading them to a section of clothing that looked the right size for Noleta. They were also all purple.

“Noleta you wait in the dressing room and I’ll find clothes for you to try on.” Said Sakura as she began rummaging through the clothes. Naruto brought her to the dressing rooms and plopped her down in a chair in one of the empty rooms, he then left her alone to go help Sakura (not like he was going to be much help).

Sakura came back with a bundle of clothes in here arms. She had to help Noleta get dressed because of her splints and she also had never really done this before. Sakura was surprised to see all the cuts and bruise that scattered the girls’ body. ‘She was going to have to ask Naruto about this’ she thought.

Noleta had finally picked out her favorite outfits out of the clothes Sakura had brought to her. It contained a dark purple shirt with sleeves up to her elbows and a pattern of lavender colored flower pattern that crossed the buttons of her shirt like Ten-Tens. She also had a pair of white shorts that were just barely shorter than her arms when she put her arms by her side and to complete her outfit she wore a pair of purple ninja sandals.

“Thank you so much!” she said as Naruto picked her back onto his back because they were about to leave.

The tangerine haired lady just smiled and said. “I hope your parents enjoy you out of those rags.”

“Believe me I do.” Naruto replied back with his large grin on his face while at the same time Noleta had her own on. Sakura started at him in shock by what he had just said.

“Naruto….What did you mean by that?” Sakura asked.

“Noleta is my adopted daughter.” He replied.

“Since when?!” she asked surprised.

“Since this morning.” He said nonchalantly. “C’mon Noleta! It’s time to get you that wheel chair! Bye Sakura!” he yelled as he began sprinting through the streets with a cheering Noleta on his back waving goodbye. Sakura just stood their stunned.

Hokage Tower

Naruto tiptoed into the Hokages Office where he found a sleeping Tsunade with her head on the desk. Naruto motioned to Noleta to keep quiet. Noleta understood and kept silent. Naruto then whispered something into her ear and Noleta smirked lightly. Naruto then placed Noleta on the desk cross-legged in front of Tsunades head who didn’t even notice.

“WAKE UP BAA-CHAN!” yelled Noleta as loudly as she could. Tsunade awoke with a jolt.

“I told you to stop calling me that!” she yelled angrily with her eyes still closed. When she opened her eyes she was surprised not to see Naruto but instead a small girl sitting on her desk in front of her with a large smile plastered on her face. “Who are you?”

“I’d like you to meet Noleta Uzumaki, my adopted daughter.” Naruto said as he came out of the corner where he had been watching everything.

“What?!” was all Tsunade could manage to say. She looked at the girl who sat in front of her inquiringly. “Well is this all you wanted to talk to me about?” she asked knowing there had to be something else.

“Yes. I was wondering if you could do Noleta a favor.” he replied.

“What kind of favor?” she asked curiously.

“Noleta has two broken legs and I was going to……..” he was stopped in the middle by Tsunade who had began to rant.

“HOW DO YOU LET A SMALL CHILD BREAK BOTH THEIR LEGS! HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE!?” she exclaimed loudly punishing Naruto for what she thought was being irresponsible.

“I’ll tell you how it happened later.” He said in annoyance. “I was going to get her a wheelchair but thought it would be easier if you could just heal her.”

“Fine but this is the last time I’ll do healing without it being a life threatening situation. You understand?” she said.

Naruto just nodded stiffly in return. Tsunade then told Noleta to lay out across her desk. She first took off both of Noletas splints and then gathered healing chakra in her hands and placed them on Noletas wounds. After a few minutes she stopped and took a look at her handiwork.

“Noleta, try to stand up.” She demanded. Noleta complied and pushed herself off the desk and stood up straight on the floor with ease. “Now walk.” Noleta once again did what she said and began to walk around the room no problem. “Just as I thought…”she said once Noleta had stopped.

“What?” inquired Naruto.

“I did it perfectly!” she stated and smiled happily at how great she was.

“So, we can leave now?” he asked.

“Yes, but Naruto I want you to come by some time next week so we can talk.” She said before they left.

“Okay. Say goodbye Noleta!” he said.

“Goodbye Baa-chan!” she said waving happily as she followed Naruto out of the room. Tsunade was left to curse Naruto for teaching Noleta how to bother her.

“Where are we going now?” asked Noleta as she skipped beside Naruto rejoicing about the fact that she could use her legs again.

“Were going home.” He said simply but to Noleta those words warmed her heart. Home.
Chapter end notes: Hope you enjoyed it!
Please R&R if you like it or even hated it but don't be to harsh.