TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Battles at the Ball by Zoey Sohma

[Reviews - 1]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: I do not own Naruto, I do own Saika but Zeruk is not my own. I have permission to use him. Just ask my little brother!
Chapter notes: This is so weird...Dont ask. Oh, and it's not quite finished. This is just what I have. I only have a little bit left to do on this chapter before I fire up the next one.
Passing was the hour of sunset, swiftly seeing the soft red and goldenrod orb diminish into nothing, giving way to the cooler moments of twilight. Twilight, the veil between the God of day and the navy blanket of the Goddess’ night. The ninja academy, the first stepping stone of every ninja had been altered. Once a place of learning and study, for a single evening had been made to serve a different purpose. Tonight it would hold an event of high splendor, supreme elegance and dignified ceremony. Thanks to Saika’s persistence and the third Hokage’s cooperation, the ninja academy would now hold hundreds of ninja, both native and foreign, in what was the first ever Konoha Ball.
Doors were opened to usher people out of the crisp evening air and into the comfortable interior of the grand entrance hall. No longer warriors on the battlefield, now the ninja were nobility. As they trickled in through the main doors, they slid into the decked out ballroom, with polished marble floors, and a buffet table laden with all sorts of delicious foods that contented both the eye and the tongue. Couples, including Sakura and Rock Lee, Hinata and Naruto, Ino and Shikamaru, Neji and Tenten, and Asuma and Kurenai greeted Saika and the Hokage with love and praise for this festive evening. The loners, Kiba, Shino, Choji, Sasuke, Anko, Miwa, and Zeruk also gave the young mother hugs and kisses for the evenings event, congratulating her on a job well done. Even Kankuro, Temari and Gaara took some time out of their evening to say a short and sweet ‘hello’ to the host and hostess while within the hall, a glorious artistry was being formed.
Women in their elaborate and expensive dresses filled the ballroom with their embroidered shoes, frills and cuffs. They were quick to turn the drinking of any beverage into a refined art and eating from the buffet table became a contest of femininity. The regal laughter of bachelor girls carried over the heads of the crowd as they chattered and joked among themselves. Most of these lonely women clumped themselves into tightly woven groups and took to slithering between the other guests, stalking any man who was unaccompanied by a female. The other women who had attended with partners did socialize with other women. However, they were keen not to leave their men for too long, lest the serpent women would ensnare them. For these women, their favorite game was one that earned them much popularity in their group of friends; toying with the men. It was, and is, a typical game women would play at parties, or at any gatherings where there is a vast supply of handsome men. The game is to approach a man, aside from their own partner, and begin flirting with men in a painfully obvious manner. If their original associate was stubborn or too prideful, they would stay quiet and wait for their girl to give lose interest in the other man. Otherwise, when the man lost his temper at the other male, the close friends of that woman would follow her and the two males out into the courtyard to witness a bloody fight. However, this game was usually played by the young, teenage girls who tended to be more flirtatious and who had young men who were easier to turn green with envy. The older and far more mature women turned to the dance floor with their male companions. Gowns swirled and flashed color and magnificence as the dancers pranced and flew gracefully over the marble floor, like swans flaunting their glossy feathers for that moment of acknowledgment and that feeling of beauty.
The men were scattered around the hall with a female companion, sulking in a corner or hovering like bees around the food, casting each other cautious glances while, at the same time, enjoying the dazzling array of colors and riches painted before them. Naturally more silent than the females, most of the bachelors were contented with keeping their mouths tightly sealed and standing around watching the women stalk easy prey. The corners of the hall were occupied by at least one young man who had decided to come alone whether by choice or because they simply were not popular with the women. On the other hand, men who attended with a partner brought their royal women out into the crowd of dancer and dominated the dance floor. They added significantly to the portrait the women were painting with their best uniforms and many proudly worn badges glinting in the bright lights of the hall.
Greeting the guests that night were Saika and the third Hokage, standing at the doors welcoming guests as they entered the fabulous ballet of light and sound. Saika was dressed plainly compared to many of the women present that night. Her outfit was a simple black silk Chinese dress with golden and amethyst designs across it, while on her feet were matching black silk toe shoes. To keep her chocolate locks out of her deep eyes Saika had done her hair up in a loose French bun that permitted several untamable strands of hair to frame her pretty face. The Hokage was wearing a primed black suit just like every other male in the hall. His gray face and wrinkled skin were illuminated by his youthful posture as well as the glow of the fair your woman at his arm.
“I’m going to kill Iruka when he finally decides to get here.” Saika whispered to the Hokage through clenched teeth and a polite smile to the guests. “He told me he would be here an hour ago.” Another pair of ninja had given their ticket up to the man at the front door and were offering their praises to the young mother and the Hokage.
“Now now darling, let’s not get violent on your big night.” The Hokage whispered back once the pair were out of earshot. Saika gave the Hokage her famous look that said ‘Excuse me?’.
“Since when did you start treating me like I’m a little kid?” she inquired, nudging the old man in the abdomen.
“Since I declared you my adopted daughter.” Came the cool reply. “Now don’t worry about your brother. I’m sure…”
“Saika!” Standing in the doorway in a black suit, polished shoes and with his hair down and groomed, stood Iruka, arm in arm with none other than Kakashi Hatake. While wearing a tux like his date, Kakashi still insisted on wearing his mast and headband over his left eye. Saika giggled to herself seeing the Jonin in such a state of humility.
“Iruka, Kakashi. Good of you to come.” The Hokage greeted warmly, shaking the young men’s hands in turn.
“Same to you, Lord Hokage.” Iruka was obviously doing every thing in his power to avoid looking into his sisters eyes.
“Pray tell, baby brother, why are you an hour late?” Saika wasn’t about to let Iruka’s charade continue. Her words, although cordial and understanding, were more venomous than a rattlesnake bite. Iruka cringed and began to sweat.
“Milady, that is all on the list.” Iruka was saved by this announcement from the doorman. To her great displeasure, Saika was forced away from a relieved Iruka and smug Kakashi by the Hokage for the welcoming speech.