TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Enter Rock Lee by One Dreary Night

[Reviews - 1]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Enter Rock Lee


It's been some time since Rock Lee decided to travel across the continent to challenge other powerful ninjas to see how he measures out there in the world. After getting his injured limbs treated by the infamous Tsunade, he had told his instructor, Gai about his plan.

"Hmmm…so you think you have learned enough to travel on your own?" Gai questioned his student as he sat cross legged on the floor, his bulky arms crossed in front of his chest. Rock Lee haven't thought about that and immediately realized that he might have been a bit arrogant and ungrateful for all the skills he had been taught by the man sitting before him. He instantly got on his knees and he frantically tried to apologize.

"I…I'm sorry, Gai sensei! I didn't want to seem ungrateful to you, I…" the thick browed boy was cut off by the rich laughter of his equally thick browed teacher. He sat there and laughed with his arms crossed, making his student blink in confusion. Then he pounded his hand on top of Lee's right shoulder and gripped it tight as his eyes began to tear up. The sudden change of emotion caught Lee off guard, but somehow he was touched by the gesture.

"Lee, your confidence and your determination was what led me to you in the first place. And I know that you are capable of becoming stronger on your own now," Gai stated proudly.

His teacher's words touched his heart. Rock Lee bit his lower lip to keep himself from crying.

"G-Gai sensei!" he yelled as he embraced him. His teacher held him in his arms and they both bawled like there was no tomorrow.

"Cry, Rock Lee. Cry! Sometimes it is alright for even us tough, passionate men to cry!" his teacher instructed him.

They both cried throughout the night, which annoyed quite a few neighbors, who threatened to murder the duo of passionate fighters.

Chapter 1: Fatal Dreams

Fast forward to present day, it's been exactly a week since Rock Lee had decided to leave Konoha to see the world. He had been lost in the mountains for the past two days and his map had been soaked with rain. Leaping from one tree to another, he tried to see if he can get a glimpse of a nearby town or another human so he can ask for directions. Then he spotted a fellow traveler not too far away from where he stood. He sped to his direction and landed about five feet away from the man. He approached him and smiled as he scratched the back of his head.

"Excuse me. Can you tell me how I can get off this mountain? And if it isn't any more trouble, can you tell me the location of a nearby town?"

He waited for his response, but the man continued to walk aimlessly around the woods, his face hidden by shadow.

"Um, excuse me sir?" he put his hand on the man's shoulder and turned him around to face him. When he did, the man's neck dangled and straightened. On his face was a demented smile and a blank stare, similar to that of a mad man. He giggled lightly as he shook his head left and right like a child. Frightened by the man's expression, Lee let go of his shoulder and backed away from him. The man turned around and continued to skip deeper in the woods.

"That…That was weird," he whispered. He spotted few other travelers from a distance, but decided against asking them for direction. He was too afraid.

"This is definitely not good…" he worried as he finally gave up and returned to his camp. The fire he had made earlier was crackling and burning intensely. It had nearly burnt his fish dinner so he quickly placed the barbeques aside so he can pick it when it was at an edible temperature. He had placed his map beside the fire so it'll dry off faster, but there was no use. The ink had already smeared and the paper was torn at odd angles.

"At this rate, I won't be able to get off this mountain until the end of this week." The boy sighed and looked up into the starry sky. It was quite alright for him to travel when he was with his teammates, but it felt awkward to travel alone and without a specific goal. All he wanted to do was test his strength and become stronger by the end of his journey. It was a very vague quest to begin with, but his heart and mind was set in doing this and giving up was definitely not an option.

He bit into his dinner rhythmically while his mind drew a blank on what to do. Just then, he felt a strange vibe around him. His ears picked up few sounds of the brushes rustling from a distance. His muscles immediately tensed up in instinct, but he remained seated in his spot. He finished his dinner and turned around quickly to reflect a barrage of shuriken with the clean picked fish bones. Lee jumped outside the clearing and blended into the shadows then scaled the highest tree near him and remained silent as he watched his attackers gather around the bon fire with puzzled expressions.

"Where did the kid go?" one of them asked. The others shrugged and begin to rummage through his things.

"Who cares, the idiot left all his things when he ran away," the second guy smirked, sitting by the fire while his companions looked for things that they might be able to sell at the markets. The third guy picked at one of the fishes and spat it out with a disgusted look on his face.

"God, these are all burnt!" he complained. Rock Lee already calculated that they were probably all genin level ninjas from the precision of the shurikens and the timing of their response and began to plan out his line of attack. He crossed his arms and fell into deep thought, but 30 seconds later, he decided a full frontal attack was his best option and jumped out of his hiding. The third ninja looked up into the air when he heard a loud shouting, only to be pounded in the face by a blue sandal. Lee used his face to propel himself backwards and performed a summersault in mid-air. The first and second thief instinctively drew out their kunais and swung wildly in front of them. Rock Lee dodged their assaults, reached out with his hands and found their heads. Then he held on to them as he projected himself forward and rammed their guts with his knees.

He quickly tied the thieves to a tree trunk with the bandages around his arms and dusted his hands. He faced them like a hero, with his hands placed on his hip and a stern look of justice on his face.

"As much as I'd like to turn all three of you to the authority, I have a problem of my own and I was wondering if you guys can help me out. If you do help me, then I'll promise you I'll let you go."

All three thieves gulped in unison.

"So, what is it that you want to ask?" the second thief asked, still trembling in fear.

Then Rock Lee's cold face had transformed into a bright smile. He held his hands together as he looked apologetically at his captives.

"Can you guys help me get off this mountain?"

………………………..

Once he found his way down the mountain and into a nice quiet village, he broke his promise and turned the thieves in for a handsome amount of money. Apparently, those three had been skipping towns and traveling up the mountain to steal from weary travelers for a very long time. With his new found fortune, he decided to stay in a hotel since he wasn't quite fond of camping outside for another night. The hotel owner was a bit surprised when he entered, but he quickly gained his composure and smiled at his customer. He was a little too eager to take his money and give him his key, but Rock Lee took no notice of the strange behavior.

He entered his room and set his bags on the far corner. He set his futon and changed into a plain robe. He laid his head on the pillow stared into the empty ceiling, his eyes half closed from exhaustion due to the previous nights.

"I wonder if there are any strong ninjas in this town?" he thought out loud. Though he was tired, the idea of meeting new foes on his journey excited him. But it wasn't long before he fell into a deep slumber.

He ran through the pasture of flowers as Sakura came running towards him from the opposite side. Everything was moving in slow motion from their movements to the way the flowers swayed back and forth. He was very happy to see her and she seemed to be equally happy to see him. They finally caught up to each other at mid point and embraced. Rock Lee blushed and looked into Sakura's face, only to be met with her fist. He tumbled down the hill and into a still pond.

"Tha…that really hurt!" he yelled, getting back on his feet. Then he felt a tight grip around his ankle and looked down. He was unable to see who it was but he kept sliding deeper into the water. He gasped for air but the hand wouldn't let go, so he turned around to face the person trying to drown him.

"Ne…Neji?" Rock Lee was taken by surprise. Neji pulled his arms back and began to pummel his entire body with the secret taijutsu of the Hyuga family. Rock Lee felt his strength beginning to fade away with each attack, but he refused to lose. He used his agility to propel himself through the water and circled his target to create a huge cyclone. Once he felt that it was big enough, he watched the helpless Neji get pulled into the depth of the pond. Then Rock Lee realized that it was only a pond and that it shouldn't be so deep. He swam back to the shore and stared at the scenario around him.

"This…this is a dream…" he began, "but the pain…feels too real." When he looked across the prairie, he saw nothing but desert stretching across the horizon. He spotted a tiny figure seeming to carry something on his back, standing at the border where the desert and the prairie met and identified the person.

"Ga…Gaara!"

The little sand ninja began to run towards his direction. He was gaining speed with each step and with each step, the prairie slowly turned into a desert and created the illusion of a billion golden soldiers charging behind Gaara. Rock Lee stood in his defense position as he watched the desert storm pick up a huge tidal wave of sand. Realizing how critical the outcome might be, Rock Lee ran the other direction to escape its path and jumped back inside the pond. He watched the large amount of pebbles and sand cover the surface water.

"Th…this maybe a dream, but it feels more like…a genjutsu!" he exclaimed.


Everything went dark and a bright spot light came on, on top of Rock Lee. Then the darkness faded away into a beach scenery where he was met with a petite, young girl. She wore a white sundress and a little red bow on her auburn hair. She smiled at him with her wide gazing blue eyes and waved at him to try and catch his attention. He felt uneasy about his current situation, but nonetheless, decided to face this girl. He walked closer and crouched to her level and forced a smile.

"So…are you the one responsible for this?" he asked her carefully, trying to seem friendly at the same time. She nodded happily and handed him a bright red balloon out of nowhere. He took it after a brief pause and pondered how a small child like her can perform such a high level genjutsu. She has basically entered his mind in his dream state and even caused mental harm on himself. He heard about this technique during his training with his instructor, but he doubted that he'll ever run into a battle where he'll be caught sleeping in front of his opponent. He stood up and looked down at the girl.

"Umm…so what are you doing in my dream?"

The girl squinted her eyes and stretched out under the lazy sun. Then she placed her hands behind her back and smiled up at him.

"I wanted to play…" she whispered. Rock Lee looked doubtful, but he consented to a little play time with her, which made her awfully happy. He played tag with the girl, who would constantly change the dream scenario and give Rock Lee a run for his money. He then would find himself catching up to her, only to find that she has changed the scenario into a high mountain, where Rock Lee would fall down a bottomless pit. It was frustrating to play with her since there seemed to be absolutely no way to win, which meant that the game will go on literally, forever.

"I…can't go on any longer," he said, trying to catch his breath at the same time. He collapsed to the ground and found himself at his physical limit. The girl appeared in front of him with her lips pursed in anger.

"You're supposed to play with me!" she shouted like a spoiled little girl.

"I'm…sorry, but I'm really tired." Rock Lee thought it was strange that he was feeling so tired even in his sleep.

The girl shouted and stomped on the ground, causing it to shake uncontrollably. He had a bad feeling about this, but he was unable to move his body.

"Maybe you should let me go now?" he suggested with a hopeful look in his eyes.

"No!" she shouted, jumping up and down. The girl stopped pouting and pointed her finger towards his direction.

"If you're not gonna play, then you're not gonna live!" she screamed. Rock Lee tried to laugh off her threat, but his eyes widened when he saw the shadow around him growing bigger. He rolled away from his current spot and avoided being crushed by a huge boulder that fell out of the clear sky. The earth shattered beneath him and huge spikes sprouted to try and cage him. His mind was rushing and he couldn't formulate a way to settle this matter. He just kept running and running until he was out of place to run to. He was somehow cornered in a dark hallway while he wasn't paying any attention. He looked to his only exit and found the girl approaching him, her entire body covered in flame.

"Damn! If there's no way to run to, then I'll just have to make my own exit!"

Rock Lee delivered his powerful punches at the wall behind him and caused it to crumble in a matter of seconds. She kept trapping him in tight spaces, but he kept demolishing the walls to keep a safe distance from her. He ran blindly around the corner and stopped himself. He was in deep trouble. His path was crowded with the shadow replication of Naruto himself.

"This is going to be very troublesome…" he grumbled. Then his face brightened up.

"But then again, she has given me another to chance to fight against the opponents I have only dreamed of fighting." He looked at the Naruto replications with a grin and tightened his fists. Then he dashed across the hall with his arms dangling behind him. He climbed the side wall and jumped into a group of Narutos and round housed them into oblivion. Another group of Narutos had sneaked up on him and tried to hold him down, but with his new found strength, Lee exploded and knocked his opponents away with his signature spinning leaf kick. He elbowed another one behind him in his face and kicked out the knee of the one in front of him. He pressured the Narutos and choked them into a corner where only two of them remained in the end. They charged at him with their kunais and tried to rip into his flesh, but he waltzed around them and performed a simultaneous grapple move which caused them to fly head first into a concrete wall and turn into a cloud of smoke. Lee gasped and knelt to the floor. It was silent all around him and all he could hear was the sound of his own heavy breathing.

'I'm so tired…it seems almost impossible…' he thought, looking around himself to see if the girl was anywhere near him. Then he was suddenly struck with an idea.

'Wait a second…If I'm this tired, it would indicate that I am no longer in a resting state, which means I am clearly awake.'

His eyes became narrow as he sank deeper into his thoughts.

'But…I am definitely not in reality right now, which could only mean that my mind is being forcibly dragged into this world. So if that is how this jutsu works, then there is only one option left for me…'

The walls began to collapse around him and the darkness consumed his setting. Alert by the sudden change, Rock Lee pushed himself upward and assumed his offensive form. He could hear the sound of another being approaching him fast, but he couldn't tell from which direction. He spotted a sort of spark from a distance and gritted his teeth when he recognized the sound.

"I gotta get out of this dream before its too late!" Rock Lee gathered his hands in a way that suggested a hand seal. Then he shut his eyes and kept calm as the sound of 1000 birds chirping came closer and closer.

The setting quickly changed into a deserted village of Konoha. He stood there with his hands still gathered. He was trembling as he tried to avoid being choked with his own blood. Sasuke stood with his chidori dug deep inside Rock Lee's abdomen. He kept his blank expression as he held his position and the little girl appeared from behind the Uchiha boy. She giggled feverishly and circled around Rock Lee. The blood began to leak from his mouth and trickle down his chin.

"You're dead," she spoke calmly, smirking at his misfortune. Her smile broadened with each passing second. Then puzzled, she tugged at Rock Lee's shirt.

"Why aren't you dead?" she asked, looking up at the boy. The blood dripping from the corner of his mouth became thicker when he tried to smile.

"I…I have already made a small connection with my physical body," he claimed weakly.

"When I figured out how this jutsu worked, I thought I was going to have to confront you, but I was wrong. Since you are dragging me forcibly into this state of mind, there was only one thing that I could do. I was going to have to forcibly drag myself back to my own state of mind…but…" he paused when Sasuke's hand dug deeper into his organs. He was close to fainting, but he refused to give up just yet.

"Soon…I'll be out of here and I'll have defeated your jutsu. I don't know how you entered my mind, but I'm guessing there were many other victims before me…" his eyes were blazing with fury at the thought of other people becoming helpless victim to her tricks.

She wiped the cold sweat from her eyebrows and trembled. She tried to hold his gaze with a fiery look of her own, but at the mention of being beaten for once in her life had took away her confidence.

"I…I just wanted to play…" she began to tear up. "I just wanted to play! I just wanted to play! I just wanted to play!" Her chant continued to grow in volume as her tears dripped down on her shirt. Sasuke's form had faded into nothingness and as far as the eyes can see, there was only white. Rock Lee wobbled towards the girl, one hand placed on his wound, and hugged her softly.

"You should look for playmates outside your dreams." She stopped her crying and focused her eyes on the ground.

"I…I'm not good at that…Nobody likes me" she replied.

"That's what I believed at first, too…" he said as he reminisced his days at the academy. He was always being picked on by other kids and never had any friends because he was unable to use genjutsus or ninjutsus. It was when he met Gai that he had overcome his trouble and gained respect from his peers.

"But you'll meet someone who will like you for who you are and accept you," he finished, wiping the moisture from the corner of his eyes. She blushed a little and played with her fingers. She seemed troubled by something, but she gained reassurance from Lee's friendly gesture.

"Will you be my friend?"

"Of course," he answered without hesitation. She smiled and hugged him back.

"Well then, I'll see you outside," he waved at her as he felt himself being pulled away back into his own reality. He saw her run towards him and wave back happily, shouting inaudible phrases.

…………....

Lee's eyes shot wide open. He sat back on his futon and wiped the sweat off his forehead with his sleeve. The clock that hung on the opposite wall read 11 A.M., which was 5 hours after his usual wake up time. He gathered his things and changed back into his green training suit and headed down stairs. He spotted the manager reading a magazine and held his key before his eyes. The manager faltered and crept away from Rock Lee.

"What's wrong?" Lee asked, his suspicion beginning to grow.

"H…how is it possible that you're alive!" the manager shouted in confusion. Then Rock Lee felt that he was definitely tied to the girl in his dream. He slapped the key on the table with confidence.

"Talk."

The manager told him his story. About 11 years ago, they sealed a girl with strange powers in the basement, where she slept for as long as anyone remembered. When she used to live outside the building, she would invade other people's dream and harassed them and in some cases, brought death upon many of the town people. At first, the seal worked, he said, and the town was safe from her fatal dream techniques. But about 5 years ago, his customers began to behave strangely after one night's sleep. When the owner checked on them himself, they seemed to be incapable of having rational thoughts and would walk aimlessly around his building. Then he came to a decision that the girl's tricks were still working, but they were still subdued by the seal itself and had only minor effects. So he kept it a secret from the town people and got rid of his customers late at night in the nearby mountain.

'That probably would explain the traveler I met earlier…' Lee thought as he remembered the man's demented smile. Cold shiver went down his spine as he tried to shake off the mental image.

"So…why is she sealed in this place?" Lee questioned him. The manager took out a sake bottle and poured the liquid in a tiny cup. He emptied the cup in one swipe and opened his mouth to speak.

"Because this building is situated in a location which is farthest from the living complexes," he explained, "and also…She is my daughter. So I wanted to keep a close watch on her."

Lee tensed up. He was even more furious at the manager at the mention of them being related. The man continued to drink and didn't even dare to look at the boy in his eyes.

"So, you locked up your own daughter in your basement and denied her of her freedom?" his fist shook as he tried to keep himself under control. The man understood his point, but shook his head in frustration.

"I…There was nothing else. I absolutely had no idea how to keep her powers under control! It was my only solution…" he babbled, wiping the tears from his eyes. Rock Lee couldn't take any more of this. He went straight down to the basement on his own and found a metal entrance with strange symbols painted all over the surface. The manager ran after him to stop him, but Rock Lee threw him back like a rag doll. He smashed his fists into the door and continued to hammer it down. He pulled his left leg back and side kicked the entrance, which crashed to the floor and kicked up a large amount of dust. He rushed inside the dim lit room and found an unoccupied futon lying on the concrete floor. He looked around confused and found a broken vent. He lifted himself up and crawled through the narrow space for some time until he found himself outside of the building. Knowing what it meant, he smiled and returned to the manager.

"She escaped," he told him happily. The manager limped back to the entrance hall with a sort of shocked look on his face and put his head down on the counter.

"Don't worry about her. She won't trouble anyone anymore…" he told him. The manager pulled his head up and glared at him with his blood shot eyes.

"How do you know this?!" he shouted at him. Lee grinned and shouldered his back pack before heading outside the hotel. Once he was outside, he turned around and gave him a big thumbs up.

"Because she is my friend," he stated proudly.

And the journey continues…



Author's Notes: It's been some time since I actually wrote something. Ciao.