TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Tears of a fox by Emarosa

[Reviews - 3]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: It's a slow start but it gets more exciting trust me ;)
xXx
I don't own Naruto, Never have..Never will...
xXx
The small boy felt as the hand touched the small of his back. The blond looked up into the worried face of the old man he had come to know. The child was only seven, barley grasping what was going on. The old man tried to put on a reassuring smile, the boy smiled back.

The old man had looked forward to retirement, so many years he had put in for his village and already he was stepping back up. He knew it was the right thing to do, but taking on the small child was too much for him, he had his own family to care for, a village to protect, he had no time to raise another.

"You will do fine my child." He whispered.
"I hope so." The boy responded, his voice small and weak.
"They are a good family."
"Old man?" The young boy asked.
"Hmm?"
"Do you think that maybe, I could be hokage someday?"
The old man chuckled and nodded.
"It's a possibility. You have a long way ahead of you though."
"That's okay. I'm willing to do what ever it takes."
"That's muh boy." The man ruffled the blonde's hair. "How about we get you to your family?"
"Okay!"

xXx

A tall dark haired woman opened the door. She had a pretty smile, one the boy could come to love. She bent down and put her hand on the boy's shoulder. Her eyes were soft and there was just something about them that made the boy hug her. Something about her comforted him.

"It's alright." She said patting his back.
"Who's here?" A man's voice asked.

The small boy looked up, a man with an aged face looked down at him. Even though he was smiling there was something telling the young boy that the man didn't like him.

"Naruto." The woman smiled, white teeth showing. "This is your new father."
"Hello." The man's smile was forced.

The woman stood and nodded at the old man.

"Thank you Hokage." The man said.
"Take good care of him."
"We will." The woman answered.

The door shut behind them. Soon the small child, Naruto was face to face with another boy his age and a boy much older.

"Naruto," The silk voice came. "These are your new brothers, Itachi and Sasuke."
"Sasuke?" Naruto asked himself.
"Sasuke goes to the academy with you."

'Great, I'm with *this* Uchiha family.' Naruto sighed.

"Um, does this mean I have to be Naruto Uchiha?" Naruto tried not to sound disgusted.
"No no no." The woman smiled.
"Good." Naruto was relieved

xXx

It took a bit longer then Naruto expected to get settled in. A large soft bed, a family, meals three times a day (special ramen just for him), and someone to tuck him in at night. It was the life every child needed, but it just seemed all too perfect for him.

Truth?

This wasn't *his* home. These weren't *his* parents. This wasn't *his* life. He was living the life of a Uchiha. Spoiled and respected.

Naruto walked into breakfast, the smell greeting him on his way down the hall. He walked in and took a chair, his chair.

"Good morning Naruto."
"Morning Mikoto."

The dark haired woman turned and smiled at the small boy. Her soft eyes working their magic. Naruto didn't even sound like he was sad but she knew. It's what Naruto liked about her.

"Mikoto, this just isn't *my* life." Naruto whimpered.

Mikoto smiled and pulled Naruto into a soft hug. Naruto snuggled close and could smell the sweet cherry blossom perfume. Even though it wasn't a life he had, it was nice to have someone.

"Naruto, we aren't going to force you to be part of our family. We will give you a roof over your head and food in your stomach though."
"Thank you." Naruto whispered.
"So, how about we get breakfast ready?" She asked wiping a tear from his cheek.
"Okay." Naruto smiled.

xXx

Sasuke fell into step next to Naruto. The blond felt uncomfortable next to the Uchiha. There was just something about Sasuke that made Naruto want to disappear.

"You know, my mother really likes you." Sasuke said.
"I know." Naruto croaked.
"It was her idea to take you in."
"Mmhm."
"So you should just let her do her thing." Sasuke shrugged.

Naruto was confused. What was Sasuke getting at?

"What do you mean?"

Sasuke stopped and looked at Naruto.

"Look, I guess if your going to live with us, I'll have to watch your back. It's a brother code. Least, that's what Itachi told me. Mom's just trying to be nice but your resenting her and making her feel bad. If you don't straighten up she might decide to pass you on."
Naruto though about that. He didn't want another family, he was just getting used to the Uchiha house. Naruto ran to catch back up with Sasuke.

"Wait! What do I have to do?" Naruto asked.
"Just act like she's your mom." Sasuke shrugged.
"Alright."
Naruto frowned, he wasn't sure how to act like he had parents, or siblings. He was going to at
least try.

xXx

"Mother!" Sasuke called as the boys walked into the house.

"The woman walked around the corner. "There's my two boys." She smiled.

"Sorry we are late, we wanted to get in training." Sasuke smiled.
"That's alright." She smiled.
"We have a lot of homework to do." Sasuke said sliding out of his sandals.
"I remember back when I had a lot of homework, now it's just a bunch of housework." She sighed.
"Oh mom, you know you like it." Sasuke laughed.
"True." She laughed too.

Naruto felt like this was a true family moment, part of him wanted to be laughing too. Another part of him wanted to just walk back out the door and to his small room in the basement of the Hokage's office.

"Naruto, did you have fun today?" Mikoto asked.
"Fun...at school?" Naruto asked.

Mikoto laughed one of her heart filled laughs, just like when she was talking to Sasuke. Naruto smiled too and started laughing. Not sure why but it just felt right. Maybe he was starting to find a home.