TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Letters to God by Archaic Aphorism

[Reviews - 14]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes:

Hey, look! I ain't dead, and I'm still writin'!

Yay! This is not a letter to God!

I just thought I'd tell you all that I only have one more day of Band Camp 2 left [does a jig]

Unless something goes horribly wrong tomorrow (the last day) it appears I will be emerging relatively unscathed. Relatively unscathed meaning:

Split lip in four places
Sunburn on the tops of my arms
... but still utterly pale underneath. What a terrible tan...
Funky farmers-tan ankles to match
A couple bruises on my butt from falling (because it's apparently our drill writer's goal in life to give the largest step sizes to the shortest kid in the band)
Rashes on the backs of my legs (Because they made me sit in the grass, and I'm allergic to grass. Yeah, don't ask)
Really red cheeks and wounded pride because two of my friends slapped me very very hard for stuff I did two years ago (yes, they're still punishing me for it)
A slightly twisted ankle from tripping over a stray Drum Major (but not twisted enough to excuse me from marching... curses!)
Extremely sore heels (not a single band member escapes that)
And a swollen pinky finger from holding my trumpet incorrectly (because otherwise my thumb would hurt from holding it correctly... ugh.)

So yes, I though I would just share with you the ailments of band.

Unfortunately, it's likely that tomorrow something awful will happen like I'll trip and land face-down on my trumpet and smash my brains out. Or I could just get clobbered by a Contra, who the idiot Drill Writer who hates me has placed me next to for the entire opener of our show.

And... for those of you less band-savvy... you probably don't understand any of what I was just rambling about, but that's alright. Just know that I don't have it nearly as bad as some kids (aside from the busted lips... there are only two fourth trumpets, but the other girl just got braces as well as the fact that she is a freshman, so she's not really... playing... so when they say, "More fourth trumpet!! LOUDER!" ... It's all me, blowing my busted lips out some more.).

Yup. It's great.

So... yeah. In all likelihood, I should really get to sleep... because if I don't get sleep there's no way I can possibly expect to march for twelve hours in 110 degree heat index weather (and humid as all get-out, because the weather where I live just sucks).

Hm, so that's the update on my situation. After Band Camp 2 ends tomorrow I have one week before school starts. This may, or may not, be my last post before then. Depends on whether or not I can kick my butt hard enough to practice flute as much as I should be... and whether or not my piano teacher decides to dump more crappy music on me, and whether or not I get my Calculus BC Prep Sheet from my friend, etc., etc.

Good news is, incase no-one noticed, because I know that I updated at a weird time, What I Never Had (now titled Methods of Malady) has been updated, and the stories Dreaming of Demons and Make Your Move have been added.

I also have a WIP for the Teachers and their Students, a Kakashi x Neji, as requested (or, at least, I think it was requested... ho hum.) and another WIP, an AU Neji x Shikamaru fic that I'm considering titling Crescendo. We'll see if that sticks.

Oh, and I'm working on the Kakashi x Asuma for the Strangest Pairing One-Shots thing for ohyeah.

Um, good luck with school in one week, for those of you whose schools start when mine does? Wish me luck surviving tomorrow, the week after, and then school?

I'll probably see you again later next week, and if not then, then I will see you at the next three- or four-day weekend. Yup.

Over and Out,
-Archaic