TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


A guide to horrible OOCness by KibaxHinaluvr

[Reviews - 10]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Okay, we've all read those fanfictions that the OOCness just goes WAAAAYYY too far. To the point where it is the exact opposite. here are some (fake) examples. Please review wether you hated it or loved it.

Disclaimer: i do not own naruto, or flying monkeys. Thank goodness for that last part.
Naruto
good example:
Naruto went to the ramen bar to get, what else? ten bowls of the good stuff.
Bad example (also known as excessive OOCness):
Naruto looked disgustedly at the ramen, and said sneeringly,"How am I supposed to become Hokage if I don't have my vegetables?! Get me some carrots and asparagus, right away!"

Sasuke
good example:
Sasuke smirked, and raised his eyebrow mockingly.
Horrible OOCness:
Sasuke skipped around in the flowers, arms locked with Sakura and Ino, giggling excitedly. He put a large pink flower behind Sakura's ear, and giving both the girls a peck on the cheek before skipping away.

Sakura
good example:
"Sasuke. SAsuke. SASuke. SASUke. SASUKe. SASUKE!!!!!!!"
horrible OOCness:
"Ugh. Sasuke, get away from me. How many times do I have to say it, I. Don't. Like. You." Sakura said snotilly, giving sasuke a bad look.

Kiba
good example:
Kiba waited impatiently for his team and his sensei. He practiced with Akamaru while he waited.
Horrible OOCness:
Kiba smiled at the sky, it was another beautiful day. He saw his teammates come in, and smiled even broader. He walked up to them, and started a big group hug. Before they could say anything, he said sweetly,"I'm sorry that i was so early."

Hinata
good example:
Hinata was behind a pillar again, looking admiringly at Naruto. She formed a conversation with him in her head, but when she tried it out for real, she stuttered to the point she was incoherent.
Horrible OOCness:
Hinata walked boadly up to Naruto, and said,"I never loved you." And walked away, and placed a firm kiss upon Choji. (sorry Choji!)

Shino
good example:
Shino faced his opponent quietly, and sent a wall of bugs towards him.
Horrible OOCness:
Shino's face turned pale. "Its a bug!! Hurry, someone squish it!! Hurry, before it gets away!"

Shikamaru
good example:
Shikamaru was laying on a hill not too far from his house, watching the clouds drift by, wishing he was a cloud.
horrible OOCness:
Shikamaru was jumping up and down from all the pent up energy.
"Come on you guys, lets get to work!!!" He yelled excitedly.


Ino
good example:
"Billboard brow!" Ino yelled angrily at the retreating figue of Sakura,and shook her hair, just to make sure it looked good.
Horrible OOCness:
"I'm so ugly." Ino said for the tenth time that day, and saw something that made her feel even more down. Sasuke, whom she had been bitter enemies with, ever since the acadamy, and had always hated.

Choji
Good example:
Choji watched his surroundings without much care, most of his focus on his bag of Barbeque flavored chips.
Horrible OOCness:
"For the last time, I AM ON A DIET! No barbeque for me." Choji said, eating a protien bar, then proclaiming he felt so fat.

Neji
good example:
Neji sat there with his 'im so much more important that you' look on his face. He watched with distaste as Lee was being as ecentric as usual.
Horrible OOCness:
Neji looked at Sakura adoringly with his blue eyes. He had finally cut his hair short, and he loved it. He saw Hinata, and jumped onto her from behind, yelling,"Hina-chan!!" and hugged his best friend tightly. He saw his sensei, and tears started to well up in his eyes."Sensei!!" Neji ran towards him, in the identical green spandex, and ran off into a sunset only he could see.

Tenten
good example:
Tenten threw her kunai and shurikun at the dummies, never missing her mark.
horrible OOCness:
Tenten rolled her eyes at Nejis stupidity. She then challenged him to a genjutsu contest, since her weapon skills were so horrible, she would probably skewer the tree three feet away from Neji.

Rock Lee
good example:
Lee ran up to Sakura, proclaiming his love. He went on and on about the power of youth, boring Sakura to death.
Horrible OOCness:
Sakura was annoying him, yet again. And the dumb duo, sensei Gai and Neji, were going on and on about the power of youth again. Like he'd ever wear that stupid, unflatering green spandex. He raised his almost nonexsistent eyebrows at the two, and walked away from Sakura, not even pretending to listen anymore.

Temari
good example:
Temari flicked her fan open to the first moon, smirking at her opponent, making sure to throw him a few insults before knocking him out with her chakra-powered wind.
Horrible OOCness:
Temari was holding her hand, sobbing. She had broken a nail! She sat with her best friends, Sakura and Ino, and talked about boys insistently.

Kankuro
good example:
Kankuro took out his puppet, reloading the ammo in it. He made sure everything was moving fine on it, and put it away back into its case.
Horrible OOCness:
Kankuro hugged his brother, whom he wasn't in the least scared of. His white face had no paint on it anymore. He thought it made him look weird, and scary so he no longer wore the face paint. He saw his sister come in a showed her a sign in which it said, 'Chakra Puppet For Sale, Cheap. Contact Kankuro For Details.'

Gaara
good example:
Gaara sqeezed his hand shut, with out a second thought about killing this person. He frowned at his brother and sister, and led the way away from the only thing left: blood.
Horrible OOCness:
Gaara smiled broadly. He hugged his siter and brother, and skipped off, to help at the local hospital, death was such a horrible thing. His well-rested eyes shone with happiness, and waved to his friends.

_____________________________________________________
thats it for today, and I really hope i don't encounter any stories that are actually like these! Ill continue with the other half tomorrow or the day after that!
~oto-chan