TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Chemical Reaction by LittleCrane

[Reviews - 102]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Naruto isn't mine... I'm not that lucky!


Anyway here's the next chapter... tell me what you think! Thanks Guys!
"So today class I want to make the first entry into your journals. But not just any entry; I have a theme for you all. I want you to put in the journal why you first started music. Why you're all hear. Now, don’t worry, no one but I will read this; no one else. Ok, so get cracking!"
Naruto smiled at his Junior class.
'Got you now Uchiha... you have to tell me... its part of your assignment. To smart for you teme.'
Sasuke glared at Naruto, who smirked in return.
'You think you have me do you? I'll bloody show you dobe.'
Sasuke's glare turned into a smirk. Naruto's face faltered for a millisecond, before returning to a full powered smirk.
The class pulled out their journals, and began to write, talking quietly among themselves. Sasuke sat there with a bored expression on his face, making a flat out refusal to do the work. Naruto made his way around the room, talking to all the students about their work, until he finally reached Sasuke. Naruto stood in front of the desk, arms crossed in front of his chest, with a smirk on his handsome face.
Sasuke ignored him.
Naruto frowned a little, but refused to be perturbed. Sasuke continued to ignore him.
Naruto leaned down to Sasuke's eye level.
Sasuke yawned in his face.
Naruto's eye twitched in annoyance.
'That smug little bastard...'
Naruto decided to stop playing games... he was losing anyway.
"So, Uchiha, where's your work?"
"Not doing it."
Naruto raised an eye brow.
"What? Why not?"
"Because, this is supposed to be Music Prac. I see nothing practical about theory, especially when this part of the assignment is supposed to be homework."
"Ah, but it isn’t up to you yo decide what we do in my class is it now Sasuke. You can do the work now, of your own accord, or you can stay here with me, after class, and do it then. Your choice."
Sasuke's eye twitched. He didn’t want to stay here after class. He didn’t want to be stuck in a room with Naruto. Unfortunately, the blonde wasn’t losing the game quite as badly as Sasuke thought. Neither boy made a move. Naruto just stood there, staring the brunette down. Sasuke just looked at Naruto impassively.
'Gah! This stupid boy couldn’t look any more bored if he tried!!!! Damn it! He is going to do this god damned work if I have to stay here all night!'
'Damn it! Fucking dobe... making me stay... shit. I’m not doing this... even if I have to stay all damned night!'
The bell broke their staring competition. It was the final bell of the day.
"All right class, you can go. Except you Mr Uchiha. You need to stay for a while. See you all tomorrow."
The class scrambled to leave. It was the end of the day... of course they wanted to leave! Naruto sighed, and sat on the back of the desk in front of Sasuke, facing the boy.
"Come on Sasuke... why won’t you do this?"
"Because it’s stupid! This whole idea is stupid!"
Naruto raised a blonde eye brow.
"Why is it stupid?"
"It.... It just is!"
"That’s not much of an answer Sasuke. I can’t let you go until you do it. Or at least make a decent start."
Sasuke didn’t answer. He just sat there, staring blankly at the board. Naruto sighed again.
"Fine... how about a bit of music?"
Naruto got up and walked to the piano. Sitting down he played whatever came to mind. It wasn’t really a song, it was just... playing. He would go from scales, to a scattaco kind of thing, just random playing. It sounded good though. Very good.
"So, in the mood yet Sasuke?"
Sasuke didn’t say anything. Naruto laughed
"Not your thing? I’m not surprised..."
Naruto slowed down, playing a funeral march.
"This more your thing emo boy?"
Sasuke scoffed.
"Don’t be ridiculous."
Naruto grinned.
"That’s not ridiculous. This is ridiculous!"
Naruto stopped playing and ran over to the automatic piano (A/n I don’t know what they are called but it’s that piano that you put the music in and it plays itself). A waltz started playing, and Naruto waltzed around the room by himself.
"Come on Uchiha! Either you do your work, or you dance with me!"
Sasuke stared.
"I’m not going to dance with you!"
"Good, then you can do you're work!"
"No way ass hole."
Naruto sighed, and turned the music off. He walked over and sat down next to Sasuke.
"Look, Ill cut you a deal. Give me a good reason as to why you shouldn’t have to do this now, and tell me why you didn’t want to finish talking to me yesterday, and I'll let you do this at home. Ok?"
Sasuke sighed, but not in an exasperated way. More in a defeated kind of way, but he still didn’t say anything. Naruto sighed, and put his head down on the desk.
"When I was four my dad bought me my first piano. It was one of that little piano’s for kids. He would take me every week for a lesson at the neighbour’s house, and would help me practice every night. He used to call me his little Beethoven. Me and dad were really close. He was really respected in my community. He never had a bad word for anyone; he was helpful, he was loved by everyone, especially mum and me. When I was six, my father died. Well, he died saving me. I had dropped my ball and it rolled onto the road. I was only six, so I didn’t think to look if there was anything coming. Anyway, a truck nearly hit me. Except my dad saw it. He ran, and threw me onto the nature strip, but he couldn’t get out of the way. It killed him instantly. I was so sad... but I didn’t really understand what happened. Well, my mum... she never forgave me. She hated me after that, called me a monster, and that it was my fault my dad was dead. Some people in the town pitied me, but most just saw me as the reason my dad was dead. Anyway, I blamed myself for it. I wanted to hate me just as much as everyone else. I began, abusing my body; not eating for days, cutting and such. I was only six, so it was fairly bad. My mum, well, she never recovered from my father’s death. When I was seven she killed herself in front of me. She told me she couldn’t live with a monster and a murderer. Before she died she gave me these" Naruto pointed to the scars on his face.
"Anyway, the only time I was ever happy was when I was playing piano. It reminded me off all the good times with my dad... and how he wanted me to be a great musician. So, I practiced all the time. That’s how I ended up here. In high school music was the only thing I was good at. I was a real rat other wise. I got into here by sheer luck and some fast talking by my guardian at the time; Iruka. The only good guardian I ever had. Anyway, I was on the path to destruction here too, before Tsunade-baachan straightened me out. After that, I worked hard, graduated at the top, and went and got my DipEd. I love music because of my father. That’s why I'm here."
Sasuke was silent. He didn’t know what to say. What could one say to that? 'I’m sorry' just didn’t seem to cut it.
"Why are you telling me this?" Sasuke asked, when he finally got his voice back. Naruto smiled at him.
"Because I want you to know. And because I wanted to show you that not everyone's stories are roses and sunshine. That other people have sad stories too. Not to pressure you into telling me. I told you out of my own free will. If you don’t want to tell me now, then I have no right to force you. But I wanted you to know I understand hardships when it comes to music and life. But hey, shit happens. Take it as it comes."
Sasuke and Naruto were silent. But unlike before, when the silence was tense, this was a comfortable silence. A thinking silence. Naruto sighed.
"Ok, I’m terrible at being a hard ass. I’m tired and want to go home. Let's just go. You don’t want to tell me then that’s fine. Let's go home Sasuke."
Naruto go up and walked over towards the door. Sasuke hadn’t moved. Just as Naruto was about to open the door Sasuke spoke.
"Can... can I write it at home tonight?"
Naruto turned and smiled at the younger boy.
"Sure. Id be happy for you to do that. Now lets go."

Sasuke sat in his car, head resting on the steering wheel. He didn’t know what was wrong with him, but he felt so sad. Tears came to his eyes as he thought about Naruto's story.
'How? How can he stay so happy? If that happened to me... I don’t think I could ever look at a piano ever again...'
The tears began to fall from his eyes and he began to shake, trying to repress his sobs.

Naruto had watched the brunette boy walk to his car from the office window. He had needed to collect some things and had seen the Uchiha get into his car. He had watched for about 10 minutes, and Sasuke still hadn’t left.
'I know how you feel...'
Naruto collected his things, and took a last look out of the window.
'I hope, for your sake, your story isn’t as sad as mine...'
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fin

Ok there you go! Sorry if it seems a little short. It just kinda wanted to end there lol. Thanks for the reviews guys but I'd love more... there’s not very many here lol. But you know, I’m going to keep posting this story because it’s popular on FF.net... so yeah, but Id love to hear from you guys too! Anyway, catch ya later my doves.

LittleCrane