TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Chemical Reaction by LittleCrane

[Reviews - 102]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Disclaimer: Not mine... so bugger off!

Ok IMPORTANT: But not too important; a lot of people confimed my suspicion that Naruto kissing Sasuke's hand at the end of last chapter was too much. I thought that too but its good to hear what you think. So it's gone. Nothing else has been changed, so dont go running off to read it. Just keep it in mind. Anyway, here's the next one. Over 200 reviews... gah Im happy! Anyway, Im greedy and insecure! Feed my ego with that little review at the end. Much appreciated guys! Enjoy!
Naruto was pissed. Sasuke had been avoiding him all week. Not just one class, not just one day, one whole fucking week, and Naruto had had a gutful of it.
'Where is that bastard? He hasn’t let me talk to him all week and I damned well want to know why!'
Naruto stalked through the halls, trying to spot the dark haired man. He wouldn’t find him though... he hadn’t found him in his previous trips around the school... did this boy like hide in the walls or something?
'Damn it Uchiha! Well too bad for you you’re coming to my house today... Ill get you then...'

Said boy was certainly, definitely not hiding. Uchiha's don’t hide. He was just... removing himself from clear sight. He was after peace and quiet! But he certainly wasn’t hiding from his handsome teacher. But... after a week it was sort of getting hard for him to convince himself he wasn’t avoiding Naruto.
'Why am I even worried about seeing him? It’s not like he's going to be able to do anything... I mean... it’s a free country! I can be as gay as I want!... ok so that doesn’t seem like something I would say... and I prefer to keep my gay behaviour to myself... but that’s not the point! The point is I don’t care what he thinks! So him knowing that I’m gay doesn’t mean anything! God... why did I even tell him about my past? No one knows that... not even Neji...'
Sasuke had no idea why he felt compelled to tell Naruto what had happened. Maybe he was tired of being this way... tired of barely living.... barely feeling. It was if the world was etched in grey, and Naruto was the way to restore the colour.
'But why? Why did this goofy, nosy, unfortunately attractive, muscley, blonde, hot... sexy Naruto with his muscles and his blue eyes that stare right down into my soul...'
Sasuke hit himself in the head.
"Where the fuck did that come from?" Sasuke asked himself.
'That was weird...and concerning... Stay focused Sasuke! What is it about Naruto that makes me feel like he can make everything... ok?'
Sasuke didn’t know... and he wasn’t sure he wanted to find out. Emotions had only bought him pain; something he wanted to spare himself. He wasn’t afraid of pain... but he wasn’t stupid either. Whatever happened though, he felt as if he was stuck with Naruto until he helped him, or destroyed him again.


Sakura and Ino made an extra special effort to look nice that day. And to make it to his house early. They didn’t even come together. It was about 20 minutes earlier than they had all arranged to meet when Naruto's doorbell rang.
'Who could that be?'
"Coming!" He called as he pulled a tight, dark shirt on, going down stairs to open the door. On the other side of it stood the freshman Ino.
"Oh, Ino, hey. You're early."
Ino smiled at him
"Yeah well I was really eager to get started, and I had a couple of questions I thought you could help me with before the others get here."
Naruto grinned at her as he let her in.
"Ah, enthusiasm among my students... what I love to see. But I’m not the one to address your questions to. Sasuke is, and he isn’t here yet. I asked him to come 'round a little early so he should be here soon."
Ino's face fell a little, but she quickly recovered
"Oh, oh well then. Maybe the two of us could have a little chat."
Naruto was about to answer when the door bell rang again.
"That might be Sasuke... so he's a little early too. Ill just get that."
Ino nodded.
Naruto opened the door, expecting to greet a grumpy Uchiha. Instead there was a bubblegum head of hair on his doorstep.
"Oh Sakura... wow... you eager to get started too?"
"Hello sensei. What do you mean too?"
Naruto stood back to let her in.
"Oh, Ino's here as well. Both of you girls are early today."
There was a short burst of fury in Sakura's eyes, and she said with clenched teeth
"Oh... Ino's here already is she?"
Naruto just grinned at her, oblivious to her anger
"Yeah she’s been here a few minutes now. Sasuke should be along shortly. Go on through, Ill grab some drinks."
Sakura nodded and walked through to the dining room, where she and Ino had done there work two weeks ago. Naruto had gone into the kitchen
"Ino Pig what are you doing here?"
Ino smirked
"I should be asking you the same question Forehead. Trying to cut in on Naruto sensei are you?"
Sakura glared at Ino
"You can talk. Naruto said you were 'eager' to work. As if... eager to get into his pants you little whore!"
Ino scowled at her friend
"You're doing the same thing Forehead!"
"Don’t call me that Pig!"
"Forehead"
"Pig"
"Forehead!"
"Pig!"
"Hey, Forehead! Pig! Coke ok with you?"
Sakura and Ino went red as they heard Naruto call out to them, laughter in his voice. He hadn’t heard what they were arguing about, but he found the rivalry the girls had with each other to be amusing. Two embarrassed voices responded that Coke was fine.

Sasuke sighed as he stood on Naruto's doorstep, trying to make his arm work so he could ring the bell. It didn’t want to though.
'Get it together Uchiha! Just ring the damned bell!'
Sasuke gritted his teeth and forced his arm to hit the bell.
"Coming!" Called a voice from inside. Sasuke blushed and felt kind of nauseous, but he forced those feelings down when the door opened. The person who opened it was blonde... but wasn’t a man.
"Oh! Sasuke kun! I wondered when you were going to get here!"
Sasuke rolled his eyes and walked in past Ino, barely sparing her a glance. He was grateful to the girl though. Her presence had delayed seeing Naruto. Not for long though. As soon as Sasuke had taken a sigh of relief, said blonde walked through with the drinks.
"Here you go girls. Oh Sasuke, when did you get here?"
Sasuke didn’t look at Naruto. He wasn’t sure he could look without blushing... and that was the last thing he wanted to do.
"Just now."
Naruto frowned slightly at how short the man was being with him, but decided against asking him in front of Ino and Sakura. No... he would wait until he and the Uchiha were alone before he would pounce on him... metaphorically speaking of course.
"Oh... ok... well... we should get started."
And so they began, Naruto keeping himself busy helping Sasuke out if he needed it, and reading some reports he had to mark. Sasuke, to the girls delight, kept his focus entirely on them for the entire time. Not once did he ignore them, was he overly rude or unhelpful. Whenever the girls said something he would pay attention, answer their questions, and be more all around nice guy. The act was chafing him though... it soooo wasn’t his style. By the time Naruto said they should finish Sasuke was sure his head would explode if he had to listen to that high pitched, annoying laugh, or that simpering voice. From which girl? Well... it didn’t really matter. They were both the same to Sasuke. As they packed their things up, Sasuke tried to hurry out the door, so as to avoid Naruto. He didn’t think it would work... but he was willing to try!
"Wait up Sasuke. I need to talk to you for a bit about your assignment."
Sasuke groaned on the inside. He just wanted to go....
Sakura and Ino reluctantly packed up their things, and after a simpering goodbye, they left. Naruto sighed and turned to Sasuke
"Sasuke, why have you been avoid-"
"You wanted to talk about my assignment?" Sasuke interrupted, no emotion showing on his beautiful face.
"Don’t try that shit with me Uchiha. It won’t work. I’m a hundred times more persistent than you. Why have you been avoiding me?"
Sasuke didn’t look at him, couldn’t meet his eye.
"I don’t know what you’re talking about."
Sasuke was standing with his back to the door, a few paces ahead of it. Naruto was running his hand through his hair in irritation as he paced from side to side.
"Don’t give me that bullshit Sasuke. Answer the god damned question!"
Sasuke continued looking at the ground.
"I don’t know what you're talking about." He repeated in the same soft, emotionless voice. Naruto snapped his hands to his side, striding across the room, forcing Sasuke back against the door. He still wouldn’t meet Naruto's eye.
"Look at me." Naruto said quietly. When Sasuke made no movement Naruto slammed his hands on either side of the boys head against the wall. Sasuke flinched slightly.
"Look at me" Naruto said again, in the same deathly quiet voice. Sasuke reluctantly raised his eyes to meet Naruto's. Naruto wasn’t prepared for what he saw there.
Anger.
Confusion.
Fear.
Pain.
Longing.
Naruto stumbled back a couple of steps.
"Sasuke..." he whispered. All these emotions that Sasuke had been repressing for so many years were being expressed in his eyes. More pain, more sadness, more everything than Naruto had ever seen in another person's eyes.
"I can’t look at you..."
"Why?" Naruto whispered
"Because this is what you fucking do to me?!!!" Tears began to form in Sasuke's eyes, but he dashed them away with his hand
"I’m not ready, not equipped to deal with all this! I don’t know how to handle all these things you are making me feel! And I can’t look at you because some how... some how it makes it better and worse at the same time... and I can’t fucking cope with that! Do you understand?! I. Cannot. Deal. With. This. It’s going to fucking break me! Ok... so I just... I just can’t..." Sasuke's voice broke as it settled into a whisper, the tears now slowly falling from his eyes. Naruto was shocked. The outburst came from nowhere... and was so unlike the stoic Uchiha.
"I... I’m sorry."
Sasuke clenched his eyes closed as the words cut at his heart. Why they hurt so much he didn’t know. All he knew was the blonde was doing things to his heart and his head, and he hadn’t felt like this since Gaara. Only the red haired boy had managed to get Sasuke so... confused. Now here he was, years later, and this blonde man was doing the same. Only this time it hurt.
'Why... why does it hurt?'
Sasuke didn’t know why he was feeling anything. He had pretty much repressed all his emotions. What was it about Naruto that bought them out? Why did he? How did he? Sasuke didn’t have any answers. All he knew was the blonde was slowly taking over his mind, and he couldn’t take it.
"I have to go." Sasuke said, and walked out the door, forgetting his things. Naruto didn’t try to stop him. He was still dumbfounded by the other man's outburst.
'Oh Sasuke... what’s the matter with you? And how can I help?'


Sasuke cursed as he realised he left all his things at Naruto's house. He hadn’t gone home yet, he just drove around until he was able to calm down. He wasn’t prepared for the burst of emotions that had hit when his midnight eyes met Naruto's summer blues. All the pain he had been holding back was released. It was as if a lock had been turned in his head when he had told Naruto about his past. Now it was tumbling free, like a dam. When he looked at Naruto, the walls of the dam had broken, and all those emotions had sprung free. All of them... including Sasuke's new found fascination with his teacher's handsome face. He didn’t even realise how attracted he was to Naruto until he had thought about it. It... scared him more than anything. But he wasn’t willing to deal with that. He didn’t want to go there ever again... and besides... Naruto was straight.... wasn’t he?
'Fuck this... I can’t deal with anything at all at the moment. I don’t need this on top of it.'
Sasuke would ignore his attraction. It would go away in the end anyway.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fin

Ok here is the next chapter. Sorry it’s taken me a while... I’ve been sick, and then at uni, and then at work... so I've been pretty busy. And sorry this is short. It’s going to happen like that probably. I have several stories that need updating, so to make sure I keep them all going, chapter length will decrease a little. Sorry about that, but that’s the way the cookie crumbles sometimes. Anyway, let me know what you think!

LittleCrane