TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Kazakage's Questioning. by lovefantasystuff

[Reviews - 16]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: disclaimer: i don't own Naruto *sobs quietly* =(
i changes this chapter coz it sucked big time. it's now in 3rd person.
enjoy
‘Oh my god’ Shikamaru thought ‘there’s sand everywhere, what the fuck is happening!?’

Just at that moment all the sand dropped. That was very strange. That sand had to be… no couldn’t be but…. Ok he was a little drunk but surely not drunk enough to try and use the sand coffin on me …. Nevertheless, it just dropped???? That means he passed out, I didn’t even realise that little bit of alcohol had that effect on him.

As the air cleared, everyone was quiet.

There on the middle of the floor was the Kazekage. Everyone was just gawping at the supposedly menacing person sprawled on the middle of the floor. No one dared to laugh or move to help him because they knew of his ferocious temper. Shikamaru then stepped forward towards Gaara and lent on his knees to look at the drunk.

~*~*~*~ How we came to this point?? Well … lunch time on that day. ~*~*~*

Team 7 and Shikamaru had just come back from a mission. A mission that took 2 months. It was such a bore; it was most of all tedious.

The team was one Shika had never worked with before. This was mainly because his team, on the last mission he did with them (it was only a C rank mission) they took to some bad injuries and lets just say they weren’t leaving the infirmary for a while.

Shika had now joined team 7. They were cool although they didn’t work very well together; as Kakashi had warned him, and told them many times.

Shika’s mission, was to go with them on one of their missions and try to get them to work together more. I knew straight away, what Kakashi had meant. Sasuke thought the rest of the team a burden. Sakura cared more about Sasuke, and Naruto thought he was almighty and invincible. From the start, he knew it was going to be a difficult mission.

Their mission was to go to the hidden village of the sand and bring back the Kazekage for some questioning. That proved very difficult. To send team seven on a mission this important, when they don’t even work well together as a team, it was so troublesome. Nevertheless, that was why Shika was there.

How troublesome, Naruto was being hyperactive again about going on another mission. ‘I really don’t know how he can have so much energy?’ Shika said under his breath getting thoroughly bored. Sasuke was being moody and Sakura was cleaning her nails with a kunai ‘how typical girls can never leave their nails or appearance alone’. Kakashi sensei was two hours late, he was frustrated now; Shika wanted to start this god-forsaken mission. Team seven don’t even seem to care.

“Hay, Naruto! Where the hell is Kakashi Sensei?” Shika asked this with a voice that suggested he was going to die of boredom any moment.

“He’s late. Probably something distracted him on the way, like a certain little orange book. Oh yeh, Shikamaru, could you not put that in your report because, well you know he’s a good sensei really, he just has a problem with punctuality.” Naruto was obviously going through something else in the brain of his because he kept looking over at were Sasuke and Sakura were.

They were talking; or rather Sakura was trying to harass Sasuke with words of, what she thought were, love. Sasuke just kept shrugging her off. He also looked as if he was going through a mental battle, it was quite amusing seeing his expression change from confusion to anger to worry and back again to confusion.

‘I wonder what he’s worrying about.’ Shika thought aloud and the next thing he knew was that Sasuke is up in his face scowling. (Note: he was to close so Shika sighed and stepped back with his usual grace thinking how troublesome).

“What the hell are you staring at baka?” Sasuke was obviously very troubled on this mission. He was fuming at this point making him look like Tsunde on a bad day, and that was saying something.

“It looked like you were having a mental battle. Then you started looking very worried. So automatically people usually think ‘what are they worried about?’ I don’t think it’s unusual to be worried on a mission especially one of this importance”. Again he was up in Shika’s face giving him what he thought was a glare that could kill. Well actually it usually made everyone nervous, Shika just thought what a prick. Shika burst out laughing, to Sasuke’s annoyance.

“What the fucking hell is so bloody funny?!” He said whilst throwing a punch directed at Shika’s shoulder (so he couldn’t punch back, he’s quite clever really, just arrogant). Shika dodged easily, scampering to the side in one-step. Sasuke almost fell over, with the force he threw, but flipped just in time to dodge the rock that would have knocked him out cold, that was sent by Shika.

“I just figured what’s up with you.” Shika said this plainly to give the effect that he didn’t care. Really he did care. This was MAGOR!!! At this Sasuke immediately stepped back and looked at him questioningly.

‘How troublesome, he didn’t even know what was happening to him. It was somewhat adorable but never the less still troublesome.’ Shikamaru thought.

Shika then realised Sakura and Naruto were looking at Sasuke and him. Naruto was there, gawping at the fact that Sasuke wasn’t in control of the situation like he normally was; Naruto was savouring this moment in which was a very rare occurrence. Sasuke just went back to looking over the river with a face of puzzlement.

Oh, this was tiresome.

Shika walked casually over to Sasuke and leaned on the railings, so that he was facing the other side of the bridge. He just stood there for about a minute when Sasuke raised his head and studied him for an answer he had but wasn’t willing to give him without him asking for it. Yes, Shika wanted him to ask so he could have a bit of satisfaction of knowing something Sasuke didn’t especially as it was about him.

“Shikamaru?” the voice undoubtedly belonged to Sasuke but it was weak and it was like a side of him that was rarely, if not ever, seen. Shika guessed this is why he was looking towards the river, so the rest of his team, especially Naruto who would laugh in his face for not knowing something, wouldn’t see him like this.

Shika turned towards Sasuke so he coul see his expression. It was one of being in discomfort but not knowing what’s causing it.

“What did you figure out?” it wasn’t a commanding voice just one of concern.

“First tell me this: what do you feel when u look at Sakura?” ‘Yes’ Shika thought ‘this was a good way of approaching it’

“Annoyance, because she constantly trying to get me to go out with her, when it’s obvious I don’t like her like that and I tell her everyday. She’s good in the team although she doesn’t like Naruto that much, which also annoys me. Overall, she is annoying.”

“Umm, ok. Now how do you feel when you look at Naruto?” this was going to be an interesting answer if he told the truth.

“What kind of questions that?” he said this whilst quietly fuming.

“Exactly the same question I asked about Sakura but you didn’t have a problem answering that did you? Now just answer the question.” Shika was getting annoyed now.

“Hn, well I get annoyed when I see everyone treat him bad and I sympathise. Don’t ask me why I just do. And … no that’s silly.”

“What’s silly? And besides I have never known you to be to say silly things so it can’t be that silly.” Shika was trying to make him not worry but that little speech just made him worry even more. “Just tell me, I promise I won’t laugh no mater what.”

“Well, I think he’s good looking and everyone has to agree with that no matter what sex they are.” Shika nodded to reassure him and so that he would continue. “But there’s more I think I feel attracted to him.”

“So you’re not attracted to girls.” It was a statement not a question. “And now you realise you like boys, no correction you like Naruto.”

“Naruto is a guy!” he corrected. “Oh crap!”

“What?” Shika was starting to worry, the way he said the last part was as if someone had died.

“I’m gay.” He sounded relieved and worried at the same time.

“So?”

“What’s everyone going to think? And me liking Naruto is going to be like unrequited love, of a sort.” Poor Sasuke, he looked like he was about to have a mental brake down.

Just then, Sakura had just shrugged off Naruto, Naruto ran over, almost falling off the side of the bridge, stopped in front of me and glared at me with an expression on his face that could kill.

“What the hell have you done to Sasuke?” he shouted so loud that the near by birds flew away with fright. Whilst shouting he had put his had on Sasukes’ shoulder and was rubbing it in an affectionate manor. He calmed down in a matter of seconds.

“Sasuke?”

“Hn”

“Are you alright?”

“Hn”

“Fine I guess you don’t want to talk then.” Then under his breath, he said, “back talking to boring Sakura who only talks about Sasuke, that part I guess is alright.”

Only Shika herd the last part as he was walking to Sakura again. ‘Hmm very interesting.’

Suddenly Sakura said frustrated manor “God I wish Kakashi sensei would hurry up, I’m getting so bored!”

Talking of the devil, Kakashi appeared in a puff of smoke, and as Naruto said, he was in the middle of reading the little orange book with what looked like a little smirk on his mostly covered face.

“Well looks like were all here, shall we set off?” Kakashi said cheerily.

Naruto then looked like he was plucking up some courage to say what he was about to say.

“Sensei, why exactly is Shikamaru here? No offence mate, but you haven’t even said so, and we’ve been waiting two and a half hours to for Kakashi to get here.” He said turning to Shika.

“I’m glad you asked Naruto.” Kakashi said with an aura of wisdom emanating from him. Kakashi looked up from the little orange book again. “Finally something sensible has come out of that overly exuberant mouth!”

“Hey, that’s not fair” Naruto shouts at him, then he mumbled under his breath “pervert, with your orange book!” and the rest just sounded like a mumble.

“Well, first let me explain what the mission is… we are going to travel to the hidden village of the sand to accompany the new Kazekage back here for some questioning.”

“Hn, isn’t it Gaara of the Dessert Kazekage now?”

“Sasuke, glad you took your time off staring, and yes he is.” Kakashi was very smug looking as if he knew something that Sasuke didn’t want him to. However, at this point Sasuke was blushing deeply, and looking away from everyone with a small pout on his pale face. The only person that was gaining a redder face was Naruto, although not for the reasons Kakashi and I thought.

“Kakashi!!!! Stop thinking we know what you’re talking about. Why is Gaara being questioned?” Naruto was red in the face from anger at not understanding the point of the mission. Sakura thumped him on the head for no apparent reason.

“Hay, why d’you do that?!” Naruto asked pouting and rubbing the back of his head, which was looking as if it was getting a lump.

“Because if you let Kakashi have a word in edge ways then I’m sure he would explain why.” Sakura said this very quickly and was, again, about to hit Naruto.

Naruto stayed sitting on the floor not showing how much Sakura had hurt him although it was obvious how strong she was. Still sitting on the floor, not bothering to get up, Naruto looked expectantly at Kakashi for an answer.

“Well, I’m sorry Naruto. I’m not blessed with that kind of information. All Tsunade told me was that no matter what, she needs to talk to him and ask him some questions. Does that satisfy you Naruto?”

“Well, I suppose it’ll do.” Naruto mumbled.

“And as for your first question, all I was told is that Shikamaru would be accompanying us. So if you want to know you’ll have to ask him yourself.” Kakashi seemed to be annoyed at something. Shika followed his gaze and it landed on Sasuke. Being the typical Uchiha, he was still pouting although he had controlled his other emotions and didn’t seem to be embarrassed any more.

“Well, let’s get going. Naruto you’d better get up before Sakura hits you again.” Kakashi said teasingly.

Then something very surprising happened …

Sasuke walked over to Naruto and stuck his arm out as if offering it to him. Naruto blinked, his mouth going dry and falling open, as he stared at the out stretched arm.

“Hn, well are you going to take a hand or are you just going to sit there gawping at it.” Naruto was just sitting there looking at Sasukes’ outstretched hand. Then he just reached out and took hold of it. Sasuke pulled him up and was now standing very close to Naruto, either on purpose or by accident, and don’t think it was the latter.

Naruto seemed completely at ease. Until he realised that the raven-haired teen was looking deep within his eyes, he licked his lips sub-consciously and felt his cheeks heat up.
Chapter end notes: hope u like it
please comment