TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Growing Up Suna by Oni_Chan

[Reviews - 2]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: *sighs* I KNOW! I need to work on other fics yada yada yada! But *points at Nikki* She got me started on this and it amsues me so NYA
I own Kimi, Baku, Ine, and Jun'ichi and any other Akamaris
Nikki owns Kane and Hoshi and all their relatives
The sand blew softly on the quiet Suna street, only one person walked its path as it blew. The man’s lengthy silver hair covered his right eye from sight as his hitai-ate was proudly shown and covering his left eye. The silver metal reflected the bright light as he continued on to his destination, the Academy.

“It’s been a long time,” he said aloud though no one was there to listen. He kept forgetting his usual partner was not in town.

It had been exactly nine years since he had last entered the Academy, the Kazekage thought letting him handle kids as a chunin had been a bad idea. As he pushed open the doors to the building memories of the past nine years had hit him.

His team assignments, how he dreaded be teamed with Kimi and their crazy sensei. The chunin exams, where he finally got to face off with Kimi, even if he did loose. Mastering his kakai genkai with his twin, Ine. Then he remembered the horrible day when the woman he had come to call friend snapped and killed several dear friends before fleeing. He had been in a right state with many of the villagers after that before he continued on, training and improving.

And now it had come time for the new genin teams to be formed once more. As a jounin he was eligible to be a new sensei for the next generation of nin. Oddly though, as soon as the consideration for senseis began, his sister went off on a mission.

Being Baku, he thought nothing of it. Half the village on the other hand knew Ine had skipped out on the considerations on purpose in attempt to force more responsibility on her brother.

Baku arrived at the room he had been told to enter, his old classroom, and took his spot in line with the other chosen senseis. His eyes scanned the room and noticed the Kazekage’s three children sitting together in a huddle in the corner, the demon child slightly separated.

Baku leaned on the wall and watched the new sensei in the Academy give the usual speech about cell division and procedure. He listened idly as the Sabaku kids were assigned to be led by Baki, Baku wished him luck as he left with the three siblings.

A few more names were called and assigned to a quiet woman who lead her team out as though they were little kids. As she passed Baku she smirked and held an evil glint in her eyes before the quiet disposition returned, he sorta feared the safety of that team.

The instructor continued on with naming teams, “Hitatari Hoshi, Kanya Kane, and Akamari Jun’ichi, you three will be working with Baku.”

Baku had stopped functioning at the last of his team’s clan name. Akamari. His unseen eyes shot to look at the multi color haired boy, in a moment or two he remembered the kid. Jun’ichi had been Kimi’s younger cousin who hung around with her sometimes. Just his luck.

He quickly coughed before smirking at the three new genin, “You brats ready for the real world?”

Apparently though, only one of Baku’s students were paying attention, the orange haired girl Hoshi. She carried a little fox in her arms and had a falcon perched on her shoulder. “I’m ready Baku-sensei,” she chirped brightly getting up to head to the front of the room.

The raven teen who sat behind her got up and followed the orange haired girl, “I’m ready if Hoshi-chan is,” Kane said brightly.

The Akamari kid got up and glared at Hoshi before looking at Kane, “Kane, heel!”

“I’m not your fucking dog, Jun’ichi!”

Jun’ichi huffed and crossed his arms muttering under his breath, “Yet.” A fist hit Jun’ichi hard in the chest to show Kane had heard him anyway.

Baku looked at his students and proceeded to push them as a group out the door, he wouldn’t bother with actually telling them to follow, and he sorta doubted this lot would get the hint. It wasn’t until Jun’ichi told Baku they were completely capable of walking did the young sensei settle for leading them.

He led the three out of the gates of the city and towards a large jutted rock just outside the walls. They took the hint and each took up residence on a different ledge of the rock so that they were looking at Baku a few feet away.

“Well! Aren’t we an amusing if not insane bunch,” he said looking over the three. “Alright, let’s see, give me names, likes and dislikes and goals. I’ll save time and go first. Koujima Baku, I like sushi and being with friends, I dislike people who resort to violence for power, “ he instantly thought of that woman before continuing, “and my goal is to take over my clan and finally seek revenge for someone.”

The group listened to him, the wounded member of the team understanding if only partially what Baku spoke of. “I’ll go next,” he volunteered. “Akamari Jun’ichi, I like my weapons and a certain golden person,” he smirked at Kane who fought the urge to throw up, “I dislike being compared to a certain woman, and my goal is to be better than that woman.”

Baku raised a hidden brow, “Either you’re bad with names or your trying to be cute and failing.” He shrugged and pointed at the next in line on the stone.

Kane crossed his arms and spoke, “Kanya Kane, I like star gazing,” he looked at his one teammate softly before glaring at the other, “I dislike controlling bastards, and my goal… I don’t know never really thought of it much.”

Baku nodded and looked at Hoshi before signaling it was her turn.

“Hitatari Hoshi, I like animals, especially cats and bats and my own pets of course, I dislike people who judge each other,” she tapped her chin and thought before finishing, “and I guess my goal would be to be a better ninja and maybe a bit more outgoing.”

Baku nodded and looked out over the team. “Ok. I’ve decided… You’re all crazy.” He clapped his hands together and wringed them with a smirk as they looked at him in disbelief, “Tomorrow is your first mission. Pass or Fail sorta thing. Be ready or go home! Ta!” Baku disappeared in a burst of sand and cloud leaving his students gawking.

One thing was for sure, Baku was not ready for students, and his students were not ready for each other… let alone Baku.