TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


One last gift. by Uchiha Yoru

[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Disclaimer: All publically recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
EARLY MORNING

He could here the birds outside his window, their calls echoing through the warm morning. From the feel of the breeze it would be hot today.
It was early June, the begining of summer. As Itachi rose from his bed and checked the calender on his bedroom wall he smiled slightly at the date. It was June 9th and a very special day for him.

When he opened the sliding door to the kitchen he saw his mother making breakfast and only nodded at her as she turned to smile at him.
"Well, good morning Itachi! And how are you feeling this morning?"
"Alright I guess."
"That's good, especially for today!"
After a breakfast in silence he quietly left the kitchen, walking back down the hall to his room.
"Good morning onii-san!" A quiet voice spoke behind him. He looked over his shoulder to see Sasuke looking up at him shyly. It was the same look his younger brother gave him every day - a admiring gaze.
I wonder what he looks up to me for?
"Good morning, Sasuke."
He thought he heard his brother move forward as he turned to walk away. He had more important things to do than hang out with a kid all day. Especially today.
Closing the door behind him he looked around his room. He took the time to open the windows and roll up his futon. For a while before he had to leave he reviewed the scroll detailing the upcoming mission. It was a short one but very dangerous.
Of all the days...
When it was time he gathered up his uniform and set off. Before he left the house he caught a glimpse of his father giving him a proud smile. Itachi nodded before dissapearing into the early morning mist.

As he watched his brother dissapear on his errands, Sasuke smiled. While Itachi was gone he could go on a mission of his own. Excitement flowing through him he raced to his own room, heading for the drawer by his bedside. Tucked beneath a small pile of folded socks was a little brown pouch that he'd been guarding carefully for the past few months.
"This'll be the best ever!"
Shoving the pouch into his pocket he eagerly raced back down the hall. Just as he was getting his shoes on he heard his mothers voice.
"Did you make your bed, Sasuke?"
He froze, realizing his bed hadn't even been touched since he'd crawled out of it.
Man...if I lie about it it'll take even longer later.
"I'll do it right now, mom!" Kicking off the one shoe he'd gotten on Sasuke raced back down the hall to his room. From the kitchen his mother gave a soft laugh.
"I can tell, he's really excited this year."

MID MORNING

The echoing clash of steel rang through the rapidly warming air as the combatants faced off. It was like any sudden encounter in the deep forest but this time they knew who the enemy was - rouge ninja from the hidden mist.
"These guys aren't exactly near their original stomping grounds, hm?" A monkey figure asked the man to his left, moving with an unusual limp in his right leg. The weasel masked man next to him replied emotionlessly, "It doesn't matter. We know why they're here. Our orders are to eliminate any threat."
"You heard the captain." A third wolf masked man growled at the one with a monkeys face, making the other back down.
"Alright, alright! I got it, take 'em all out."
"That's right." A fourth smiling masked face spoke as the silver haired ninja appeared. "The Hokage has sent backup for this mission since it looks like it's getting a little messy."
"We understand." The captain spoke.
As the next group of ANBU joined the fray the clashing sound of steel once again disturbed the peace of the deep forest.
It was halfway through the battle when Itachi heard it, the sharp warning cry of a ninja only a breath away from death. As he turned toward the sound he saw another group of mist ninja approaching rapidly from their side.
We're outnumbered!
"Captain!!"
A figure landed heavily beside him. Itachi looked over at the Wolf faced ANBU and gave the slightest smile beneath his mask. Of course he would have come running.
"Let's take care of these guys before they start something, eh Captain?"
He nodded. "Follow my lead!!"
With a lunge forward both men moved into the enemy ranks, swords flashing.
Like a phantom the wolf faced one flitted at the speed of light from one enemy to the next, catching Itachi's eye.
I guess Shisui's been teaching him body flicker - a usefull little jutsu. I'll have to learn that myself.
Soon a silver haired flash joined the fray as Kakashi's team finished the ninja closest to them and now regrouped with Itachi's.
"Hope you're not too out of breath yet." Kakashi teased for a moment as the enemy forces began a hasty retreat. In a deeper, more ominous voice he added, "It's not done yet. We still have one more thing to take care of."
The ANBU nodded in agreement before setting off after the fleeing nin.


Sasuke stared helplessly at the building in front of him. He looked over the big bold sign time and time again in the hopes that it would say something different.
The shop was closed due to illness.
"It really figures." He mumbled unhappily as he turned his back on the shop and with one last, sad look headed back to his home. He'd been saving up weeks to buy the intricate short sword in the window and now he would'nt be able to buy it in time.
I should have bought it yesterday...I wonder if he'll be mad if it's late? No...well...maybe. I don't know.
As the young boy looked up and down the streets he took a deep breath. Surely there would be something just as good in one of the other shops, something special and unique.
Something that's just right. Sasuke thought as he headed for the next shop.

EARLY AFTERNOON

A single figure walked down the path that wound around the outer wall of the hidden village, taking pleasure in the leisurly stroll. It was a hot day but with a strong wind blowing it seemed more pleasant. The red parasol twirled at a lazy pace as the young man continued his daily walk.
As he passed by the small tributary that flowed through Konoha he could see a small figure sitting at the peir, looking out over the water with a forlorn expression that hardly suited a boy his age.
Sneaking up behind the familiar kid, he gently poked him with the end of the umbrella.
"Tag, Sasuke-chan."
At first Sasuke couldn't see beyond the crimson shield but when he peeked around it he smiled, eyes brightening.
"Yoru-nii-san!!" He laughed softly as the older boy lifted the parasol upright again to shade both of them from the high June sun.
"What are you doing out here all alone?"
"Well..." Sasuke looked down at his feet, his face once again becoming solemn. "I wanted to go pick up something for Itachi-nii-san but they were closed. I looked all over but I couldn't find anything he'd like."
Yoru shook his head understandingly. "You know...I'm in the same situation."
Sasuke looked up at him, a bit startled. Yoru smiled and scratched his head.
"You see, I was so busy with my missions I didn't have enough time to go shopping and when I could finally go nothing seemed right for Itachi."
Sasuke nodded. "Then I guess we'll have to search harder then, and find something really great!"
Smiling, the older boy held out his hand. "Well I guess so!"