TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


One Year Since by Allos

[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: I'm basing the timeline off of the manga, where Naruto leaves Konoha very soon after Sasuke does. Just so you know.
Sakura looked out the window of her bedroom. The sun hadn’t even risen above the horizon yet. She sighed. Tsunade insisted on starting their training at the crack of dawn, so Sakura had to get up well before then to get ready and be at the training field in time.

She dragged herself out of bed, unwillingly, wishing she could just fall back into bed and sleep. The clothes she had worn yesterday her laying on the floor. Sakura had been too tired to put them in the laundry, so she did it now. After that, she returned to her room, and chose an outfit for the day.

After a shower and some beautifying, Sakura had a simple breakfast of cereal. Before she went out, Sakura checked the calendar. Today’s date was circled. There was no indication of what made today different, but Sakura didn’t need it written out in front of her.

Although Tsunade called this training, Sakura had a hard time putting up with it. First thing in the morning, They would practice using her chakra control for attacks. This usually consisted of Sakura being forced to punch her way through some object or another. Typically, Tsunade would summon some kind of huge wall. If Sakura couldn’t get through it fast enough, Tsunade would summon an entire room around her and leave for the Hokage Tower.

Once she escaped the prison, Sakura would have to go to the Hokage Tower and do paperwork for the Hokage. Mainly filing or going through old reports. The extremely boring stuff that Tsunade couldn’t put up with. Sakura didn’t like it any better, but what the master said, went.

After lunch, Sakura would practice her medical ninjutsu. Usually on small creatures like fish or birds. Tsunade knew a technique that could create a fake body with an almost exact human anatomy, and Sakura used this to practice more important jutsus, such as poison removal, or surgery. Sometimes Tsunade watched over her, other times she was too busy with her work as a Hokage. Today was the latter. Although Tsunade would yell a lot and could strain Sakura’s concentration, she would answer any questions about any of the things they were working on with patience and great description. Because of this, Sakura preferred the days when Tsunade could make the time to supervise her apprentice.

Around five o’clock, Tsunade came into the room where Sakura was training.

“Hey, Sakura! How’s it going?” Tsunade asked.

“Good, Tsunade Shishou.” Sakura replied.

“I’m glad to hear it. Sakura, I’m giving you the rest of the day off.” Tsunade said.

“Really?” Sakura questioned.

Tsunade nodded. “Yeah. And you don’t have to show up until lunch tomorrow.”

Suddenly Sakura understood.

“It went fast, didn’t it? That year?” Sakura asked. “It only feels like a few months.”

Tsunade nodded. “Getting into a routine, keeping yourself busy. It makes the time go by faster.”

Sakura realized that it was true. She had been working nearly non-stop for a year now, training constantly, making room for sleep and eating every once in a while. It wasn’t that she wanted to get it out of her mind. She was thinking of them constantly. But the only thing she could do for now was train.

“Okay, Tsunade Shishou. I’ll see you tomorrow.” Sakura said as she left the room.

The sun had long since reached it’s peak, and evening had all but arrived. Sakura deliberated on what to do with her extra hour, and the obvious solution presented itself. She should go for ramen.

The store was not particularly well known in the village, so most of the people who ate there were frequent customers. Although it had been a long time since Sakura had come here, the owner still recognized her, and even remembered what she used to order. Sakura like to think that she had grown up a bit since then, however, and made an order Tsunade had suggested to her a few times. When it arrived, she found the taste to be rather spicy, but not unpleasant.

Someone sat down beside her, and Sakura turned to see Hinata making an order. The hyuuga heiress was growing her hair longer, almost as if a physical manifestation of the ability and confidence she had been gaining. Sakura remembered when she still had long hair, and had considered growing it out again once things after the chuunin exam had calmed down, but had decided against it. For herself, the longer hair had seemed to hold her back.

After placing her order, Hinata greeted Sakura with a warm smile.

“How are you doing, Sakura-chan?” she asked.

“I’ve been busy training with Tsunade-sama. She’s a monster as a teacher. How about you?”

“I’ve been going on missions with my team, and training during the downtime. We’re getting ready for the chuunin exam that’s coming up.” Hinata replied.

“Didn’t Shino pass the last one?” Sakura asked.

“Yes, but Kiba didn’t have good enough leadership qualities, and I lost my first fight in the third stage of the exam to a cloud shinobi.” Hinata answered.

“I bet you blow the competition away this time!” Sakura said supportively. Hinata smiled in response.

Just then, Hinata’s order arrived, and there was a period of silence as the pair ate.

“It’s been a year.” Hinata said. Sakura looked at her with surprise. So she hadn’t been the only one watching the days? In retrospect, it was kind of silly to assume that she had been alone. Naruto had touched so many people’s lives, and every one of them would miss his presence.

Sakura nodded. “A whole year.”

“You know what I miss most about him?” Hinata asked. “I miss his smile. He had the best smile in the world.”

Sakura smiled a little, even as she felt a tear making its way down her cheek. “Yes, he did.”

“He was too hyperactive, if you ask me.”

Sakura and Hinata turned to see Shikamaru taking a seat on the other side of Sakura. His chuunin vest had been left undone, an his headband was tied around his arm, as usual

“A troublesome guy to be friends with.” Shikamaru added.

Sakura smiled. “Heh. And yet here you are.”

Shikamaru held his hand up, calling the waitress over to take his order.

“And yet here I am.” He repeated.

When Shikamaru’s food came, he didn’t eat right away. He stuck his chopsticks into the ramen and swished it around a bit.

“What’s the matter?” Sakura asked.

Shikamaru sighed. “I don’t really like ramen.”

Sakura laughed, and even Hinata let out a giggle. Then Sakura held up her bowl.

“I know what’ll make it easier.” She said. “A toast to Uzumaki Naruto. A friend to anyone who wanted one.”

Hinata raised her bowl as well. “Uzumaki Naruto, the bravest boy I ever knew. I hope he’s getting a lot stronger.”

Shikamaru sighed but raised his own bowl to join the other two. “Uzumaki Naruto. Number one loudest, unpredictable, hyperactive, knuckleheaded ninja in Konoha.”

Across the street, hidden in the shadows, Tsunade smiled. “Uzumaki Naruto. May he one day make the name of Hokage his own.”




I chose Hinata and Shikamaru becasue out of their respective rookie teams, those two became closer to Naruto than the others. Sakura was the obvious choice for Team 7. I didn't include anyone from team Gai because they were always a little more segregated from Team 7 than the rest of the rookies. Again, just so you know.