TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Fractured Fairytales by Dark Moon

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: I don't own Naruto.
The song I used is Missing - Evanescence. I don't own that either.
Naruto lay in his room, on his bed, alone, in the quiet. If only he could forgive Sasuke completely. He knew it would be so much better for everyone. For Sakura, Kakashi, Sasuke, and himself. The clock ticked nearer to midnight, and Naruto was still trying to find the courage to forgive Sasuke. It wasn't his fault that he was raised to need vengence. It was no more Sasuke's fault than it was Naruto's that he grew up thinking himself an unworthy demon. Naruto thought he could hear his heart break at the realization that he had totured his love for the past 6 years, the 6 years he was back in Konoha, for the fact that eh didn't have the courage to get his heart broken again.

Sasuke glared out the window. He knew Naruto was going to go back to normal the next day. Brilliant smiles all over his face, wanting to be near Sasuke. This one day a year was hell for the both of them, and it would never change. Nothing could take back the damage that Sasuke did to Naruto, nothing could change that he took advantage of a vulnerable 12 year old boy, thinking to use him as a friend to kill for the Mangekyou sharingan. In the 10 years that have past, he grew to love Naruto. As more than a friend, more than the air he breaths or the chakra he uses. He learned that no matter what he did, nothing would let Naruto forgive him, and if by some miracle that did happen, he would only create more pain for the blonde angel. It would be better for the both of them if Sasuke just dissappeared. But he couldn't run away, Naruto would only come after him. He thought, and concluded there was only one way.

Flicking on a CD, Naruto started writting again. He came to the conclusion that there was only one way to escape this cowardice and release Sasuke. Only one.

"You won’t cry for my absence, I know -
You forgot me long ago.
Am I that unimportant...?
Am I so insignificant...?
Isn’t something missing?
Isn’t someone missing me? "

Sasuke turned on his radio. A song came on, and he knew that it would be the last time he would hear it. It suit his feelings perfectly. He finished off the letter he was writting to Naruto, and listened to the lyrics.

"And if I bleed, I’ll bleed,
Knowing you don’t care.
And if I sleep just to dream of you
And wake without you there,
Isn’t something missing?
Isn’t something..."

Simultaniously, flashes of light, quiet slicing, and soft thuds created two more reasons for the people of Konoha to remember this day as one of death and betrayal.

"Dear Sasuke,
I love you, and I know you know that. I know you love me back. But I feel scared that I'll loose you. I know you promised that I never would, but I'm still afraid. I let this cowardice control my life, and I can't do that to you. This is the only way to release you from this desperate noose that I've tied around your throat. I'm sorry my love, but I know you'll understand.
Love,
Naruto"

"Dear Naruto,
I love you, and I know you know that. I know you love me back. But I feel scared that I'll hurt you. I know I promised I wouldn't, but I don't think that if I even inadvertantly cause you any more suffering, I would die. I'm so sorry, and I've let this fear control me. This is the only way to let you go with as little pain as possible. I know you will understand.
Love,
Sasuke"

As Sakura read the letters that had been addressed to her respective deceased teammates, and cried. The song that both had been listening to played in the background.

'Please, please forgive me,
But I won’t be home again.
Maybe someday you’ll have woke up,
And, barely conscious, you’ll say to no one:
"isn’t something missing? "

You won’t cry for my absence, I know -
You forgot me long ago.
Am I that unimportant...?
Am I so insignificant...?
Isn’t something missing?
Isn’t someone missing me?

Even though I’d be sacrificed,
You won’t try for me, not now.
Though I’d die to know you love me,
I’m all alone.
Isn’t someone missing me?

Please, please forgive me,
But I won’t be home again.
I know what you do to yourself,
Shudder deep and cry out:
"isn’t something missing?
Isn’t someone missing me? "

Even though I’d be sacrificed,
You won’t try for me, not now.
Though I’d die to know you love me,
I’m all alone.
Isn’t someone missing me?

And if I bleed, I’ll bleed,
Knowing you don’t care.
And if I sleep just to dream of you
And wake without you there,
Isn’t something missing?
Isn’t something...

Even though I’d be sacrificed,
You won’t try for me, not now.
Though I’d die to know you love me,
I’m all alone.
Isn’t someone missing me?'