TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


True Identity by Blurble

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Alright, here we go. Let's see how this turns out, shall we? And please leave feedback - what I should or shouldn't do. It would help me out a lot. Kay, thanks! And BTW, the songs used, in order, are:
He Wasn't - Avril Lavigne
Nobody's Home - Avril Lavigne *Also Shizuka's themesong!*
*Blurble*
“There’s nothing going on today,
I’m really bored, it’s getting late.
What happened to my Saturday?
Monday’s coming.
The day I hate.
Sitting on my bed alone,
Staring at the phone.

He wasn’t what I wanted,
What I thought, no...”


A chord stopped short as a lavender haired girl looked up from her guitar.
“Nara Shikamaru, stop sneaking around!”
A fifteen year old Shikamaru stood up out of the bushes. His hand rose behind his head and he laughed shakily.
“Didn’t mean to disturb you.”
The girl seethed, “I bet...” She growled under her breath.
The Nara raised an eyebrow. An uncertain wind blew, signifying neither knew what was going to happen next.

The girl known as Shizuka stood up and brushed her skirt off, slinging the guitar over her shoulder. As she turned around, she lightly punched Shikamaru in the arm, smirking all the while.
“See you soon.”

Her house was empty, but then again, she hadn’t expected it to be bustling and alive. But she liked being alone.
Shizuka sighed. Then again, it would be nice to share the lonely place with someone...
So instead of sitting around puzzling over her thoughts, she grabbed her guitar again and marched up to her roof. After tuning it, she began to sing her heart out to the wind - and those who might have happened to be listening.

“Well I couldn’t tell you,
Why she felt that way, she felt it everyday.
I couldn’t help her, I just watched her make the same mistakes again.
What’s wrong, what’s wrong now?
Too many, too many problems,
Don’t know where she belongs, where she belongs.

She wants to go home,
But nobody’s home,
That’s where she lies,
Broken inside.

There’s no place to go, no place to go,
To dry her eyes,
Broken inside.

Open your eyes,
And look outside,
Find the reasons why,
You’ve been rejected,
And now you can’t find what you’ve left behind,
Be strong, be strong now,
Too many, too many problems,
Don’t know where she belongs,
Where she belongs.

She wants to go home,
But nobody’s home,
That’s where she lies,
Broken inside.

There’s no place to go, no place to go,
To dry her eyes,
Broken inside.

Her feelings she hides,
Her dreams she can’t find,
She’s losing her mind,
She’s falling behind,
She can’t find her place,
She’s losing her faith,
She’s falling from grace,
She’s all over the place...”


Another presence loomed over her and it was really starting to tick her off. A black eye twitched.
“Listen whoever you are, I’m not in the mood. Just show yourself so I don’t have to waste any energy.”
“Hey, Shizuka!”
The blonde idiot landed on her back, causing both of them to land in a mess of tangled limbs. Anger was boiling up inside her... but she contained it. Somehow. How anyone did these days, she’ll never know.
“Hey Naruto, now could you get off of me?”
He gently removed himself, but when he looked down he saw her in a stunned silence. Smashed wood was around where she was sitting and the girl’s fists were clenching.
NA-RU-TO!
You didn’t have to say his name twice, he was off like a rocket. An angered psychic flew down the road after him, yelling threat after threat at him. Naruto gulped and persuaded himself to run to where he knew he would be safe - his old training grounds.

Shizuka could feel the psychic energy beginning to unleash. Good, it’ll give her a boost in running. It’s been a long time since she had to run this fast. And there it goes, that little click in her head telling her that it was okay to unleash energy. So when she was floating above Naruto, it was quite amusing to see his face.

‘Only a few more fee-’
Naruto looked up in a state of horror when he saw the smirking ANBU over him.
“Not so funny now, are we?!”
Just as she was about to dive-bomb him, another familiar shinobi appeared in front of them, causing the lavender haired girl to stop in her tracks.
“Kakashi-sensei, Shizuka was trying to kill me!” Naruto whined, grabbing his old sensei’s jounin jacket and giving it a hard tug to emphasize his point.
Kakashi crinkled his visible eye at her, “Thanks for actually getting some exercise, Shizuka. You’ve been playing that guitar of yours for too long.”
“Wait, you sent Naruto to smash my guitar?”
A quick nod indicated a yes and the Sharingan Warrior didn’t have a chance to duck the blast she had sent to him. He fell to one knee.
“You’ve got quite the power there, Shizuka.”
But the fifteen year old didn’t hear him as she had already walked away.

Still angry from before, it would take a long time to settle down after that one. Her mind was still reeling about having lost her guitar... now she wouldn’t be able to express her feelings. This would turn out bad, she knew it.
With a huge sigh, she sat on a tree branch and watched as the kids from the Academy practiced throwing kunai. Yes, they were adorable, but she was actually trying to get a break from them. Always having to teach one because Iruka was getting lazy was a hassle, or “bothersome” as Shikamaru would put it.
But as she scanned the crowd, she noticed another good friend. A brunette named Tenten. It was worth having to stay if Tenten was subbing.
“Hiya, Tenten!” Shizuka waved from her spot on the branch.
All the kids looked up and began waving frantically. Tenten pushed her way through the small crowd forming.
“Hi, Shizuka! What brings you here? Usually you’re playing your-” She stopped short at the hurt look on her friend’s face, “They smashed it, didn’t they?”
“I should’ve seen it coming...”
In an instant, Tenten was beside her. She slung an arm around the ANBU’s shoulder.
“You can’t see everything, Shizuka. Stop being so hard on yourself.”
“I can’t help it. I feel like I’ve failed somehow.”
“Come on, you need a break.”

Turns out Tenten had dragged her to a training area by the lake. She stood impatiently, pointing at a training log beside her.
“You need to keep training.”
“Why?” Shizuka yawned and crossed her arms defiantly, “Not like anything exciting’s going on.”
“If you want a new guitar, you’re going to need money. To get money, you need to do missions, got it?”
“Yeah, yeah.”
But all Shizuka did was stand still with her eyes closed. Before Tenten could say anything, she felt an odd sensation of wind rushing by her cheeks. What the-?
“Whoa!”
And around her feet was a dim purple aura that was lifting her into the air. To her, it was beautiful. To enemies, well, that’s a different story. Tenten looked down at Shizuka, who was in a tai chi stance, breathing evenly while controlling the flow of chakra underneath.
“You better not drop me!”
“Be prepared just in case.”
So the weapon girl prepared herself for an impact with the hard ground, but instead she was gently placed down. How could someone so devastating be so gentle?
“Shizuka, I have a question.”
Without opening her eyes she responded, “What is it?”
“Why are you only kind to me?”
One black eye popped open, “I guess because I like you.”
“Oooh, I understand now!”
“Good, because I’m going home and laying down. I’ve got a bitch of a headache.”