TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Intelligent Design by Uchiha Yoru

[Reviews - 8]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Second chapter...yay.
(just so enthusiastic aren't I?)
Jiriaya gave a troubled sigh, scratching his head until his white hair was even more tousled than usual. Through the small window he could see the boy in question and what he saw disturbed him.
Hmph...I never thought I'd live to see his kid... The Sennin thought to himself. But there's no mistaking it.
"We're almost completely sure that this boy is HIS son. I was hoping the labs would come back with a different result; however..."
"Hm. I could tell just by looking at him."
As if he could hear them the boy rose his head to meet their scrutiny, his slitted eyes glancing back and forth.
"So...do you want to go in first?"
Jiraiya visibly flinched at Tsunade's suggestion.
"Um..no... I think you - as Hokage - should go in first."
"Hm..big chicken."
With a slight smile he leaned in toward the woman. "Like you're any different. Or are you going in there by yourself?"
There was a moment of silence as she thought it over, beads of sweat starting to form on her brow.
When the door finally opened the two Sennin entered side by side, each looking nervous and awkward.
The boy said nothing, only watching as they approached. When it became obvious that someone needed to break the ice, the boy cleared his throat - causing both Tsunade and Jiraiya to jump.
As if afraid to startle them any further, the boy froze and cast a nervous glance at the ANBU stationed behind him -ready to react if Tsunade commanded.
After a few minutes the two Sennin relaxed.
"I suppose you're here to ask me who I am?"
Both looked at him, visibly surprised.
Even his voice...Tsunade glanced at Jiraiya who nodded.
"I noticed it too...Tsunade."
"Noticed what?" The youth asked, green eyes focusing on the white haired man.
"Nothing. Now you'll answer our questions." Tsunade commanded, hands on her hips. "We already know who sent you to Konoha so it would be best if you tell us everything."
The boy gave a slightly confused look. "Konoha? So that's this villages name? Hm."
For a moment Tsunade stared at him. "Quit playing dumb. We know who your father is - and we'd like you to tell us what he's up to now. If you cooperate we'll think about going easy on you."
With a nervous laugh the boy smiled. "You know who my father is?"
"Of course." Jiraiya stated. "We know him fairly well."
With a nod the boy looked back at them. "Good, then maybe you could tell me who it is, because I don't have a clue."
Jiraiya gave a shocked yell. "WHAT?! You don't know?!"
A frown growing on her face, Tsunade stepped forward. "Quit playing, kid."
"I'm not." He responded, peircing eyes staring directly into hers. "I'd really like to know. So tell me already."
Tsunade's eye twitched.
this little punk
"Is that how you ask someone for information? I have no intention of telling a rude boy like you anything. Especially since you insist on playing dumb with me."
Jiraiya put a hand to his mouth in thought. "Tsunade. I don't think he's joking."
"You mean..."
"He really does'nt know." Jiraiya concluded.
Laughing softly the boy nodded. "That's right. The old man got it at least."
Jiraiya felt his own brow twitch.
Old man...
"Then I suppose someone will have to enlighten you. Your fath-"
Jiraiya moved in a flash, clamping a hand over his comrades mouth as he pulled her toward the door. The ANBU moved at first but then stopped, realizing there was no threat to their Hokage.
Meanwhile; the boy sat staring as the two struggled their way out of the room.

Outside, Tsunade gave her old friend a swift kick in the leg and an elbow to the gut - making him wheez.
"WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT FOR?!" He yelled when he could finally breath. Tsunade glared at him.
"Why did you stop me from telling him? He needs to know."
Looking a little embarassed, Jiraiya nodded. "Yes. He will. But we have no proof that this young man is like his father. We need to treat this as if it were any other person in our village. That means being tactfull."
Tsunade looked away, brown eyes trying to hide her confused emotions. She couldn't look at the kid without thinking of him as a younger version of Orochimaru. He looked, acted, even talked the same way he had at that age. It was so hard to keep them apart in her mind.
"Perhaps we should start by having ANBU formally interrogating him. They'll need to be as gentle as possible, however; he's not guilty of anything yet."
One look at Jiraiya's face told her that he didn't exactly trust this kid either.
"Lets get his name first, we can worry about the rest later after ANBU questions him. Ibiki can get farther than we can right now."
Tsunade nodded, reluctantly preparing herself to go back into the room.
Jiraiya was right, the kid wasn't guilty of anything yet. Until he had actually done something she couldn't just throw him in prison. She'd probably hate herself for it.
So they went back into the room where the young man was waiting patiently, sitting in a chair with his legs crossed and arms folded.
"So. What's going to happen to me now? I doubt you'll be letting me have free reign of the place from the way you're acting."
"No. You are an unidentified person after all." Tsunade responded. "We'll have someone come and talk to you in a little while. You'll stay here with the ANBU until then."
Hearing this the boy sighed. "I suppose I can look forward to a long captivity then, even though I've done nothing to my knowledge."
Jiraiya shook his head. "We are leaf ninja. Once we've made sure you're not hiding anything there will be no reason to keep you locked up. Right, Tsunade?"
Tsunade sighed inwardly. She would rather see this kid locked up until they were sure beyond a shadow of a doubt that there was no trap waiting to be stepped into. She wasn't even sure if they hadn't already put their foot in it.
All she could do was hope that Morino Ibiki would come up with some answers.