TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Bad Luck vs Black Cat by Oni_Chan

[Reviews - 10]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Yes, I honestly think all superstions are fake. I love my black cat Jingles more than anything and I will be out to prove this wrong today.
"Put it down!"

"No!"

"Put it down this instant!"

"Never!"

"Oni!"

"Rachael!"

"Oni!"

"Jess!"

"Oni-sempai!"

"Nikki-kohai!"

"Put the cat down now!" the three brunettes shrieked.

"No!" the fiery raven squeaked. She held the black cat to her chest tightly as the four continued to move down the street. Jess, Rachael, and Nikki had distanced themselves from Oni and her cat. Oni walked ahead of them wearing baggy green cameoflage pants with chains and her black hoddie while snuggling her cat.

"Oni! It's friggen Friday the 13th and you're snuggling with a black cat! Do you not see something wrong with that?" Rachael pointed at her in disbelief. She wore her blue jeans and black hoodie with a blue sash as a belt. She stopped the others wanting to see the girl's reactions.

Oni giggled. "Your point?"

Jess sighed. "Oni I love black cats as much as the next girl but you're taking this to far." Jess leaned against the lamp post in her jeans and open hoodie revealing a soft colored tank. The only thing eye catching about her would be the slippers she walked in like the sneakers her comrades wore.

Oni stuck her tongue out and continued to walk off. The youngest of the group put a hand on her shoulder. "Sempai, this is really a bad idea. Couldn't you carry Jingles around another day of the year?" Nikki was clad in black jeans with a white tee and silver hoodie, a black and white polka dot headband holding back her hair.

The raven girl held her cat protectively. "I'm going to prove all of these silly superstions wrong. There is nothing unlucky about black cats, they're the luckiest cats in my oppinion." This earnered her not only odd stares from her friends but from odd passerbys as well.

"Your life, if you screw it up because you are obsessive over your cat, thats fine by me," Rachael grumbled as she and and the others began to follow Oni again.

"By the way why are we following the spazz?" Jess asked.

"To make sure she doesn't do something stupid on her quest to disprove the superstion of black cats," Nikki replied as they watched Oni huggle her purring cat as she jumped about the sidewalk going from crack to crack.

"Jeez, is she disproving all the superstions?" Rachael questioned reciveng a nod from Oni up ahead, the girl had taken to humming the tune to 'Sick or Sane' by Senses Fail.

"I'm voting on sick," Nikki whispered to the others who laughed as they avoided cracks in the side walk.

Oni smirked as she turned down a street receiving a gasp of shock from her guardians. "No Oni! You're not going to do it. Don't!"

Oni looked back and smiled at Jess. "My mind's made up!" she squeaked happily with an expression rivaling a kid in a candy shop of doom. Oni turned back and skipped forward and ducked under the limbs of the ladders used by the window washer on the street.

"Crazy kid! Don't do that!" a man from above yelled though his threat when unheard by Oni. Rachael and Jess ran down the hill towards Oni and as soon as the raven skipped out from under her sixth ladder they pulled her and the cat aside. Nikki took the job of apologizing to the worker who grumpled and splashed water at her.

"What the hell?" Nikki screeched as the man continued his work and water dripped from her hair and hoodie. "Not fair. Sempai should have the bad luck," she grumbled as she tried to catch up with the others.

By now Oni had led the trio behind her down a series of twisting allies until they reached an old antique shop. The shop had dozens of dusty relics sitting out on the sidewalk in the bright sun. Oni skipped up to the owner and with her cat under her arm she fished out her wallet. The two spoke as Oni pointed at several objects until she handed off the money to the elderly man.

Impending doom struck Rachael, Jess, and Nikki as they saw the girl put her cat in her hoodie, in a very Kiba and Akamaru like fashion, and drag a rather tall mirror. "No!" the three shouted as they charged after the girl who had a 50 feet head start.

Oni giggled and Jingles purred, blinking green eyes, as the raven girl positioned the mirror against at tree in the park next door. She bent down and picked up a rock tossing it in her hand a few times. She looked back at her friends who had been delayed by the elderly man trying to sell them stuff and giggled.

"Six. Five. Four. Three. Two. One. Crash!" Oni counted as she pitched her rock directly at the mirror. The trio catching up to her paused in mid run as the reflective glass shattered in to tiny bits, a spiderweb of designs forming on the surface.

Jess stared dumbly at the mirror as Rachael and Nikki took off after Oni who went to continue her spree of havoc and destruction. Jess knelt down and poked at the shards before she heard someone cough behind her. She looked up and saw an officer writing in a pad.

She blinked when he ripped off the paper, a fine for littering, and stuck it to her forehead. "You have to be kidding me..." she growled ripping off the paper. Jess scanned it over before pocketing it and chasing after the others, "ONI!"

Jess ran around the park in the direction they headed until she ran into, literally crashed into, Nikki and Rachael. "Where is the crazy cat girl?" she asked angrily.

Nikki shrugged. "We lost sight of her. Oni-sempai wandered into the trees and Rachael and I decided to wait here for her."

Rachael nodded in agreement when she heard the bushes rumble. "Bingo," she muttered as she crept over towards the noise.

The bushes parted and Oni skipped out, Jingles clutched against her chest once more purrring. As she skipped she began to hum the tune to Magic Melody by DHT. The others stared at her. Something, though they didn't know what, just wasn't right.

Oni skipped up to a boulder and and leapt onto it. As she looked over her friends, Jingles turned to look the way they came and began to meow loudly. This was when the trio looked from Oni to the bushes which once again rustled.

Within moments, a dozen black cats padded graceful steps into the clearing. Each mewling at the thirteenth of their numbers who sat in the arms of Oni. The black cats drifted around the clearing and took up resting spots around the boulder.

Jess had fallen to the ground in shock, Nikki was right behind her with wide eyes. Rachael just gawked and pointed. "Thirteen black cats. Thirteen black cats on Friday the 13th. Oni what the hell is running through your mind?"

"That black cats aren't unlucky!" Oni squeed getting a chior of mews to back her up.

Jess and Nikki remained silent as Rachael backed up away from her clearly insane friend. She backed up and did not notice the cat that had decided to rub against her leg and pur. She squealed before falling backwards where she fell into a puddle, butt first.

Rachael scrambled out of the puddle and looked at her now ruined pants. "How the hell...Oni."

Oni giggled as she looked over at her truely unlucky friends. Nikki with her wet head, Jess with her littering ticket, and Rachael who fell in a puddle.

"Hmm. Wasn't it me who caused all the bad luck?"

"Yes!" was the repeating cry from all three.

"But who was affected?" she smirked.

The others were silent as they looked at each other.

Oni huggled Jingles closer. "I have officialy proved, black cats are the bringers of good luck."

Jess stood up. "No, you have officialy proved you forgot your medication today. After her!"

"Charge!" Nikki and Rachael screamed as they scrambled to their feet.

Oni squeaked and lept off the rock with Jingles in her arms. "This is against my fish's religion!"