TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Clearly You Don't Understand by kiki15

[Reviews - 13]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto.


Clearly You Don't Understand


Key

S.S = Sick Shit (is more than likely NC-17 and etc.)

*thinking*

"talking"

*thoughts progressing into speech"

'substitute for italics' (Kyuubi or Soriyu at times)

//telepathy//

::scene change:: (more for my reference than anything else)

~POV~
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Summary: Thirteen years ago, Sarutobi was assassinated and his ward was thrown into prison by the biased council who believed it to be him. Now a bigger threat arises with an untimed resurrection and the tears of a forgotten man. (Sequel to The Fox and The Phoenix)


A/n: Okay, so far I've gotten few reviews, (with the exception of the little hiatus I took, needed time to work on my U.S History project without the deadline for this next chapter hitting, sorry if I scared anyone too badly, I'd never give up on this fic, especially when I have another sequel following this one. Maybe. ^^; Oops, too much 'information'...) I guess I took it a little too far with my rant about Thanksgiving and/or Naruto's sudden resignation attempt. Sorry guys, didn't mean anything by it and I hope no one was too offended.


Chapter Nine: Formalities


~Author~


::Hokage's Office::


Tsunade looks at the paper for about five seconds before shaking her head.


"You are not amenable to be putting forth a letter of resignation Naruto-kun, I cannot and will not grant you this request. You are too valuable to this village-"


"Because I hold Kyuubi."


"Yes, you understand I see, and it is for that rea-"


"Yeah, I understand fine Hokage-sama, Konoha can't lose its precious Jinchurikki. No, no, that would be bad, especially if another village, like say, Iwa, swayed me to its cause. It would just be terrible, wouldn't it? Not to mention for my 'fragile' mental state. Don't look so shocked Hokage-sama, I hear you and Jiraiya-sensei talking at night, 'very' good hearing you know, thanks to Nee-san and all." Naruto smiles, a feral look in his eyes as Tsunade begins to frown. "And I hear what you both say about me:


'We can't let him go on any big missions, I've seen the way he flinches when he's touched, by anyone Jiraiya, even you. Even me. The only person he accepts is Haku.'


'Yes, well, he seems to still be reeling from the aftereffects of both rapes, and being imprisoned for as long as he was didn't help matters. He's no more used to human contact than he was before Sanziya's death.'


'What are we going to do about his mind? He seems very prone to random bouts of anger when he doesn't get his way, not to mention his merging with Kyuubi makes for some of the worst killing intent ever felt. Do you think we did right in unsealing his chakra?'


'Yes, I think we did, there's no mistake there. Naruto may seem unstable to you, Tsunade, and everyone else, but think, he has been out of touch with any humans except Haku for thirteen years, you can't expect him to bounce back to how he was before, or bounce back to a 'regular' attitude immediately, if at all.'


"Those conversations are none of your-!" Tsunade starts, being cut off once again by the blonde.


"Yeah, I know, I honestly don't care, you know? I just wanted to see how you'd react to a formal resignation. I don't like to think that I'll enjoy what I am about to do, because of what you have done for me. Thank you for freeing me from prison by the way."


"What do you mean by 'formal'?" Tsunade asks, inching back a bit and slipping her hand underneath the desk to hover just over a button, she had a feeling of what the man was about to say and she also had a feeling that it wasn't going to be good for her or anyone else.



"Well..."


::Z and H's House::


"Shit, shit, shit!" Haku curses, exceeding what is normally used by the standardly reserved man on a 'yearly' basis. "I told him not to! I fucking told him, now he's going to be arrested or tortured or killed for treason or all three! Kami-sama, why?! Fuck! Zabuza?!!! Zabuza! Come on, we have got to go NOW! Naruto's about to do something extremely..."


::Konoha Rooftops::


"Stupid! How could he be so stupid Chouji? Did that jail mess up his mind?" Shikamaru sighs, his deer mask firmly over his face as he clenches the note pinned to the inside of Chosaru's vest in a death grip. Chouji (who's directly beside him in full body armour) shakes his head in disbelief as they race to the Hokage Tower.


"I don't know honey, but you know Naruto, he never does anything without a reason. If we aren't able to get him out of this though, then I don't know what will happen."


::Forest Of Death::


"Well Tsume?" Anko asks, leaning back onto the tree branch as she throws another dango stick, completing the 'Waterfall' symbol embedded into the adjacent tree trunk.


"Eh, it could be fun, but count me out, you're welcome to go by all means, but I don't fancy being hunted down by Oinin for the rest of my life. You may not hold ties to this village since Sarutobi and Sanziya's deaths, but I do. So go with him, have fun, but just be ready for a damn good fight if I ever come across you."


Anko grins, chewing on another stick of dango before jumping down and stretching.


"Will do. Suit yourself Ume-chan. Ja." she murmurs with a smile as she disappears.


"Aa, I hate it when she calls me that."


::Hokage Tower::


An alarm blares throughout the tower, alerting all to Procedure Number 98, the civilian personel immediately flee from the tower while the stationed shinobi all make their way to the Hokage's Office to defend and/or aid the woman. However, they get there only to find an blood spattered desk, an open window, and the Hokage on the floor with a huge, ragged hole in her stomach. Shizune is already beside her trying to heal it as about seven other medics begin helping as well, forcing blood pills and a myriad of other things down the woman's throat.


"It's not life threatening, whoever did this used a technique with so much concentrated chakra that it went straight through and cauterized everything. They must have been a skilled medic to not damage any other organs with their foreign chakra. We'll have to get the blood vessels and nerves working again however." Shizune states, Ton-Ton in the corner 'bwei'ing pitifully.


Shikamaru, Chouji, Haku and Zabuza look on at the scene in sorrow and anger, knowing that their friend/brother has already gone through with his plan and that they were too late to stop him. Jiraiya comes up behind them, coughing as he makes eye contact with them and holds up a folded note. They nod subtlety and he nods as well before quickly pocketing it. No sense being indicted for treason, he'd burn it first chance he got. The only Council Member on the scene, Hinata, covers her mouth in shock as she turns to one of the residing ANBU captains.


"Lock down the village. No one gets in or out, find out who did this! Now!"


A groan from Tsunade stops everyone in their tracks as she begins to sit up, despite protests from the numerous medics surrounding her.


"Shut up." she growls at them as she looks over to Hinata and sighs. "Put out a search for Uzumaki Naruto, use caution with him, he seems to be mentally unstable. If possible, 'do not' engage him in combat, and once you have apprehended him, bring him 'directly' to me. Go."


The shinobi in the room nod, scattering.


::Konoha Gates::


"Ready to go, Sori-san?" a heavily tanned man with black hair in a long braid asks, leaning against the still open gates, looking up into the sky. In actuality he was looking at the empty guard towers with a slight smile. There would be no casualties today.


A red haired woman hurries over from the dango stand, laden with a myriad of different packets of dango in her arms as she attempts to stuff them into her jacket pockets. The tanned man smiles, gesturing for the packets and pulling his kanji decorated straw hat from his back to put them inside it. He then quickly flips it upside down, putting it atop his head. The dango packets have disappeared. Sori grins, chomping down on a pink colored mochi ball.


"Hai, let's go Norimu-sama."


Norimu nods, turning to walk out of the gate, but he is stopped by a number of ANBU and other Konoha ninja.


*Shit.*


'Shit indeed.'


"Hello Shinobi-san, my ward and I were just leaving to return to our homeland, we simply stopped here for a while so she could get some dango and we could rest, do you need something?" Norimu asks, lacing his hands behind his back carefully, not making any sudden movements.


Haku steps forth, holding out his hand and gesturing.


"I will need to see your papers foreigner. We cannot be too cautious, 'someone' just attempted to assassinate our Kage." he murmurs, keeping his gaze firmly on the man in front of him.


Translation: I'm going to let you leave for now, I'm 'extremely' disappointed in you, do what you need to, come back safely.


"Of course Shinobi-san." Norimu states, pulling out a few papers from underneath his hat slowly, he didn't want to make any quick movements lest he end up skewered. "Here are mine and Sori-san's papers."


Haku looks them over before handing them to another shinobi behind him to verify, the shinobi nods before turning to the Hyuuga next to him with his Byakugan active.


"See anything Hyoru?" he asks as the lavender eyed man shakes his head.


"Nope, they're not lying, they're civilians. No Henge or anything."


Haku nods, handing the two back their papers and stepping aside.


"You're free to go, be careful."


"Of course Shinobi-san, thank you. I do hope you find this terrible man."


Haku nods, surreptitiously slipping a piece of paper into the man's hand as he passes.


::Akatsuki Headquarters::


A raven taps at the window of Obake's room, a pale hand snaking out from underneath the covers to lazily toss a pillow at the bird behind the glass.


"Go 'way bird." a voice mumbles from underneath the covers as another one bursts out in laughter, it's owner getting out on the other side of the bed.


"Now, now Sanzi-chan, Toriku is simply doing his job." she murmurs, going over to open the window and allow the bird in, taking the letter from around it's leg and skimming it.


'He's made his move, step carefully, he wields Kyuubi's full power.' ~ Magiro


She puts it down on the desk and goes over to the bed, a devious smile creeping onto her face as she pounces on top on the bundled up woman. "Get up Sanzi-chan! We've got to go to town!"


"Fuck...Oba-oba, -yawn- I'm sleeping."


Obake frowns, getting up and pulling the covers off the woman in one fell swoop, sitting down on the woman's back.


"Come on Sanzi-chan. We've got to go, I have to check on something."


"Mmm, five more minutes...gotta catch the toaster Sori-kun..."


Obake's eyes narrow and she shakes the woman awake.


"Who is Sori-kun?" she asks, fear laced anger in her tone as Sanziya rubs her eyes.


"Sori-kun is Soriyu, Oba-oba, don't you remember?" the red haired woman asks, tilting her head to the side quizzically. "I told you when we first met, he's sleeping now, hasn't woken up at all though."


Obake growls, getting up and walking out of the room, a groan making itself known from her throat.


This wasn't going according to plan, no, not at all.


Sanziya still remembered the damn bird.


If it happened to wake up it could contact Kyuubi and then she'd have an enraged vessel on her hands.


Fuck.


::Edge of Fire Country::


"Power comes to me. I can wash and rest my feet for a bit in this stream then." the rag covered child murmurs to itself, sitting down at the edge of the stream and dangling its sore feet in the water. It splashes water on its face, smoothing its dirty hair back to reveal a handsome young boy with one blue and red eye. "I wonder how Chidéa looks this time."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anaki: Ah, so many scene changes. I love it.


RC16: Um, yeah.


Anaki: What, no witty remark?


RC16: Well, I hurt my ankle, so I'm kinda...depressed.


Anaki: Aw, poor thing. -hugs-


RC16: Blek! Get off me!


Anaki: Yay, you're back!


RC16: -mumbles- Die.


Anaki: Yay! -hugs-


RC17: Aw! Lookit the love! Review people because the hiatus is officially over!