TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Clearly You Don't Understand by kiki15

[Reviews - 13]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: In chappie.
Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto.


Clearly You Don't Understand


Key

S.S = Sick Shit (is more than likely NC-17 and etc.)

*thinking*

"talking"

*thoughts progressing into speech"

'substitute for italics' (Kyuubi or Soriyu at times)

//telepathy//

::scene change:: (more for my reference than anything else)

~POV~
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Summary: Thirteen years ago, Sarutobi was assassinated and his ward was thrown into prison by the biased council who believed it to be him. Now a bigger threat arises with an untimed resurrection and the tears of a forgotten man. (Sequel to The Fox and The Phoenix)


A/n: I refuse to change the names of Naruto's parents. As far as I'm concerned they are and always will be Arashi Kazama and Sanziya Uzumaki. And the flower girl will always be Obake or Rei to me, Konan is such a guy name and ooooh, turning into flippin' paper. What're ya gonna do, give me a paper cut? Get 'wet' on me? Pfft. Kishimoto's gone soft in the head if you ask me. So if you've got complaints, write 'em down and shove 'em up your arse 'cause I ain't gonna read 'em. Nope. Oh yeah, to my ff.net peeps, I've made a forum where I will begin responding to all future reviews. Now, onwards.


Chapter Seven: Children


::Konoha Streets::


~Naruto~

I frown, fixing my old sensei with a heavy look as I nearly choke on my cigarette in surprise. I growl inwardly, it wasn't becoming for a ninja, that's how you end up dead. I quickly school my features back into indifference, gesturing for Jiraiya to follow me as we walk back to the house. If there was a traitor in the village...then it wouldn't do for them to hear.


::Home::


We get inside and I shut the door behind me, sending a chakra pulse throughout the entire house that would incinerate anyone who wasn't supposed to be here. Apparently Haku and Zabuza weren't home at the moment. Good. I go over and sit in front of my tired looking former sensei, picking my new earring that Haku had bought me up from the table. It was a blue sapphire, to match my eyes he had told me when he'd pierced my ear yesterday. I take out the gold post and slip the hanging jewelry in, capping it off as I look at Jiraiya, seriousness pasted on my features.


"Where is she?" I ask, putting out my cigarette so that the smoke wouldn't hinder his already labored breathing.


He opens his mouth to speak, not that I can tell with that damn mask covering his face, but starts hacking up a lung before he can get out a word. A few pills and some water and the coughs subside. I'm not too terribly worried, Tsunade was his chief healer after all and she was supposed to be the best medic in all of Hi No Kuni (lit: Land of Fire). He sighs and starts again.


"We don't know exactly, but we have a solid lead."


I growl in the back of my throat, I'd kill the fuckers that took her.


"Where?"


"Near the Tsuchi and Kusa no Kuni (Earth and Grass Country) borders. That's supposedly -violent cough- where their base is stationed, under the guise of a series of caved-in abandoned underground escape tunnels."


I get up, helping Jiraiya to his feet and putting a hand on his shoulder, putting a bit of his chakra into the kanji on the man's headguard and using it to teleport to the Hokage's office.


~Author~


::Hokage's Office::


Naruto gently sits a silent Jiraiya down in a chair, seating himself as he looks over to the blonde Hokage, the Sannin eyeing them questioningly.


Jiraiya, meanwhile, muses on how the blonde figured out that his headguard was a direct bypass through the Hokage's anti-teleport systems.


*Eh, I am getting old, maybe I told him when he was younger.*


"Yes?" she asks, putting on a pair of glasses and looking back down to her paperwork, continuing to read as Naruto begins to talk.


"Hokage-sama, I respectfully request to be sent on a mission to the Tsuchi and Kusa border to apprehend the fugitiv-"


"No." she murmurs without looking up, unpertrubed when the lot of it is sent flying off her desk by an angered jinchurikki's arm. He growls, slamming his now clawed hands flat upon the desk, the wood creaking ominously from the strain and pressure.


"Why the fuck not?!"


"You have a genin team to attend to, I don't intend to allow you to skip out on that. You'll go there in a rage and you are more than likely to be returned to Konohagakure in a pine box." she replies, still reading the one paper that remains in her hand and then finally signing it with a sigh, taking off her glasses and laying them down atop the paper. "Also, I will not be loosing a valuable shinobi because you wish to find your 'dead' mother's body. While you may refuse to believe it, she is in fact 'quite' dead, and while I realize that the body may have sentimental or emotional value to you I cannot allow you to-"


Naruto growls, cutting her off with a violent hand gesture, his eyes a shade of deep indigo and whisker marks becoming so deep that they look almost burned into his face.


"You didn't even know her... shit, where were you when your home village was being attacked? Out somewhere loosing money and getting piss-ass drunk. Don't try and lecture me or talk shit about kaa-san. She'd be a better Hokage than you, hell, anyone in this whole damn building, no, the village would be!" Naruto hisses, digging his claws deeper into the desk, not noticing the damage he's causing with his rage or the malevolent chakra seeping from his very being. Tsunade frowns, not turning away from this man-turned-threat, even though he hadn't 'actively' threatened her yet.


"If you attack me I will be forced to defend myself and you will not like the results." Tsunade takes on a dangerous smirk, yet not enjoying her current position at all. "Or did you enjoy being in jail so much that you would like to try for 'another' thirteen years?


Naruto snarls at Tsunade but she doesn't bat an eyelash and he probably 'would've' attacked her had the Deer masked ANBU not suddenly appeared beside him with a katana leveled significantly close to his jugular vein.


"Stand down, Uzumaki-Kazama Naruto." the ANBU murmurs, drawn by the extremely high chakra being given off from the man, rolls his eyes underneath the mask although his knees shake slightly. This was the power he had now? Thank god they were friends because he was sure if it was anyone else they would've murdered the jinchurikki on the spot.


The blonde lowers his slowly bleeding blue eyes to the desk, berating himself for loosing control like he did. Kyuubi agrees silently, shaking her head in disappointment.


"I am...sorry...Hokage-sama." Naruto murmurs, his voice tight with anger and pain. "I...will... drop...the matter...and go attend to my genin team."


Jiraiya, who had been watching silently, nods to an unresponsive Naruto as he steps past him and walks out of the double doors. The Deer masked ANBU bows to Tsunade and returns to his post.


"Was that necessary Tsunade?" the white-haired Sannin asks as Tsunade silently gets up to pick up the papers.


"Yes, I can't have him go and get himself killed by the Akatsuki, especially not with the new members they have. If anyone goes at all it won't be over someone's dead body, no matter how much of a hero she was to Konoha while alive, and if being a bitch is what will get him to stay, then I'll be a bitch."


::Konoha Ninja Academy::


Naruto steps through the ajar classroom door, neatly sidestepping the bucket of water as it falls, ducking as a chalk eraser comes flying at his head and jumping up to stick to the ceiling when the floor crumbles beneath him.


"Alright, all pranks done?" he asks, looking down to the three sheepish children remaining in the room as they nod. The unofficial team consisted of a red-haired girl, a black haired boy with sunglasses on and a brown haired boy. Naruto shakes his head, a ghost of a small smile on his lips. "I pulled stuff like this when I was your age, you can't hope to get one over on me. Come on, follow me."


He pulls out a cigarette from his front pocket, lighting in and taking a long drag before turning and walking out the door (still on the ceiling), the trio following behind him with various thoughts running through their heads.


*Who is this guy? He looks like the Yondaime.*


*Awesome! I didn't know Naruto-san was our sensei!*


*That long hair is just beautiful, almost like the sun, I wonder if this was the man daddy was talking about the other day.*


::Training Ground Fourteen::


Naruto leans against a tree, crushing his cigarette on his tongue and putting it in his empty back pant pocket (having only worn a light chest wrap as it was a mildly warm day), earning winces from the children seated in front of him.


"Alright, introduce yourselves. Name, age, what you enjoy, what you don't, short and long term goals, parentage and hobbies."


The only girl of the team raises her hand.


"Yes?" Naruto asks, giving her permission to speak.


"Shouldn't you introduce yourself first? It's politer to give one's name first, then ask of others."


The blonde sighs, giving another nod as he clears his throat.


"My name is Uzumaki-Kazama Naruto. I am currently twenty five years old. I enjoy freedom and Kyuubi when she isn't being annoying. I don't enjoy thieves who think they can get away with being underhanded. My short-term goal is to find my mother's body. My long term goal is and always will be to meet interesting people outside of this village. My father was the Yondaime, Arashi Kazama. My mother was a master fighter, Uzumaki-Kazama Amari Sanziya. My sole hobby is training."


He looks over the stunned faces of the children with another sigh as he points to the red-haired girl.


"You, ginger kid, go."


The two boys hold down their snickers as the girl glares at them.


"My name is Uchiha Torii and my hair is red because of a recessive gene in my parents. I am eleven years old. I enjoy my two birds Shizuki and Malichai. I don't enjoy people who think they are better than others. My short term goal is to pass my final Genin exam. My long term is to become a great kunoichi. My parents are Uchiha Sasuke and Uchiha Ino. My hobbies are training and feeding my birds."


"Alright, you, darkness, go."


The black haired kid frowns beneath his high collared coat as the other kids laugh at his new nickname.


"My name is Aburame Shi. I am eleven years old. I enjoy my Kikaichu and other bugs. I don't enjoy people who hurt them or any other bugs. My short term goal is to gain complete control over my father's techniques. My long term is to study how different bugs can be used effectively in battle. My hobby is teaching my Kikaichu how to form words to communicate with me."


"Okay, last but not least, Shogi bastard, go."


Torii clamps her hand over her mouth in shock and Shi raises an eyebrow but the brown haired boy shrugs it off like it's nothing.


"My name is Nara-Akimichi Chosaru. I am eleven. I enjoy kicking your ass in Shogi and tending to my favorite deer, Lucy. I don't enjoy being beaten in Shogi by your flukes or being beaten by my father for that matter. My short term goal is to help Lucy have her foals. My long term is to be able to retire from my ninja career with all my limbs and my sanity intact."


Naruto's eye twitches slightly as he listens to Chosaru introduce himself 'and' call his wins 'flukes', but he sighs and shrugs, standing up.


"Alright you wannabes, I've set up the first part of your test in this training ground. There is something blue placed anywhere you can think off in these grounds and all you have to do is obtain aforementioned treasure. I'll give you a hint: It comes from the earth, but can be manmade. It glints in the light, but it is not gold. And once it is cut, it doesn't heal. Once you all have obtained this object, please return here for the next part. I'll be waiting."


The three genin watch in slight awe and annoyance as their sensei disappears in a poof of smoke.


"Well, let's do this guys." Torii says, stretching as she stands and walks off in a random direction, the boys following slowly behind her.



::In Search Of A Stupid Riddle: Training Ground Fourteen::


"Okay, where could it be? We've combed over every inch of the place twice!" Torii growls, pulling at her hair in frustration. Chosaru frowns, getting into a thinking position as Shi's Kikaichu return with no results. "What're you doing Cho?"


"Shh." the boy whispers, waving her off. "You'll see."


He crouches for a good fifteen minutes before hopping back up abruptly.


"I've got it! Come on!"


He speeds back to the training ground clearing, his two teammates close behind him as he bursts from the bushes to see Naruto practicing his katas against a Kage Bunshin in the center of a drawn ring. The three stand there for a little while, just watching the man parry, block and strike at the clone, before he finally dispels it with a hard kick to its sternum and turns to the children.


"Well? Have you found it yet?"


Chosaru steps forward, tugging at the saphire in his sensei's right ear with a smile.


"Yep."


"Good. Observation test completed. Next test: Survival."


Chosaru has no time to react as Naruto aims a swift knee hit to his stomach, making him fall over and retch in pain.


"Love ya kid, but that was for that crack about my wins being flukes. You have thirty minutes to lay traps, hide and prepare in general. I will be coming at you with all the intents of an enemy from another country, meaning the intent to kill. If you are hit in a vital spot with one of these," he holds up some red colored paint filled capsules. "Then you are officially 'dead'; not cut out to be a genin and you will be sent you back to the Academy. Oh, and there's a new rule this year: I can let one of you go back and have a team of two or let two go back and have an apprentice, so three man teams don't matter. If you don't pass this part with remotely flying colors, I'll send you back."


The three genin balk in fear and anger.


"What?!"


"You can't do that!"


"...We weren't informed of this rule ealier. Why?"


Naruto smirks, baring his sharp canines.


"Because I didn't feel like it. Now get going!"


The three angry genin race out of the clearing, jumping through the trees to put as much distance and time between them and their instructor as possible.


*Hehe, they actually believed that. Suckers. Just more incentive for them to work together.*


'You're evil, you know that?'


*Yep.*


Naruto sighs, rocking back on his heels and stretching his hands above his head before letting gravity take his body to the ground with a hard thump.


"Kyuubi, wake me in 30 minutes will you?"


His surrogate sister nods as the man slips through the bars of her eternal prison, laying himself down on the couch and quickly falling asleep.


'It's sad, what you have been through Naruto.' she murmurs, the illusion falling off the couch to reveal her fifth tail nestled comfortably underneath the blonde as she wraps the sixth around his torso in a protective embrace. 'But I swear, if nothing else, we'll find them.'


She didn't add the part about Soriyu still being 'alive'.


Of course, she couldn't, because, how would she know?


::Akatsuki Base::


"Everyone is here?" Obake asks, looking over the people standing at key points on the Grand Arcanum diagram drawn on the floor. They nod as she ticks them off on her fingers. "Pein, Shigure, Zetsu, Tobi, Magiro, Yurei, Aoi, Feiya, and Jun-ri. Good."


Obake goes over to the table, using a brush dipped in an inkwell of everyone's blood to draw the kanji for 'Rebirth' on the forehead and between the breasts of the limp, naked body, finishing with an unnatural, sick-minded smile.


"Alright, everyone release the blocks on your chakra and let it flow naturally through the Arcanum to the center point so that we may revive this 'poor' soul." the blue haired woman states, clasping her hands together around a great length of what looked at first glance to be black prayer beads. They were in actuality called 'Namige-ka', the stones (or beads) of the dead. They were the sign of a Master Necromancer, each time a soul was successfully resurrected, a bead was added to the white strand.


The piece of soul inside that bead anchors it to this world, and once the bead is destroyed, so goes the soul. Obake took care to never destroy her beads, who knows when you'd need an army of undead soldiers? There were more than five hundred veritable walking corpses on the Earth simply because of her, living normal, boring, everyday lives as civilians, seemingly 'lucky' ninja or field agents for the organization.


Obake sighs, muttering an incantation under her breath and tossing as much Dead Chakra as she dared into the beads. They begin to shine a sickly shade of yellow as she unwinds them from her hands; placing them almost lovingly around the corpse's throat. The other Akatsuki members don't react as she kisses the cold, dead lips, breathing life into the shriveled lungs and rejuvenating the frozen blood cells. The blue-haired woman pulls away slowly, letting the 'Rebirth' symbols take their time synchronizing with the beads before sinking into the body and taking the Living Chakra provided by the other Akatsuki members with them.


"Stand, my great one. Let me see what you have become. Let me see your beauty." Obake murmurs, bowing low to the floor and whispering now. "Let me see all of you, my love."


The other Akatsuki members watch in slight amusement.


The corpse's eyes open, revealing milk-green orbs. It stands, heedless of its unclothed state.


"Why am I alive?" Sanziya asks, her voice rough from thirteen years of disuse. "Has it been fifteen years already?"


"No, my mistress. Only thirteen. It was I who brought you and the phoenix back to life."


Sanziya looks as though she is about to have a heart attack when she hears the voice.


"O-Obake? You're alive?"


"Yes mistress, now please, put on some clothes and help us." she states, straightening up and tossing a bundle at Sanziya, who quickly gets dressed and looks at her questioningly.


"With what?"


Obake grins, putting two fingers to the woman's head and sending a pulse of chakra through her system, effectively brainwashing her with minimal effort.


"Oh, nothing really, just a little world domination."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anaki: Oooh, twist!


RC16: Damn, I wasn't expecting that.


Anaki: Me niether, it just kinda went that way.


RC16: Well...it's decent.


Anaki: Aw, I knew you loved me! -hugs-


RC16: -sigh- Get off me.


Anaki: No! -hugs tighter-


RC16: -sighs again- Help?


RC17: -laughs at them both- They be sillies. Review!