TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Taking A Chance by milliexchan

[Reviews - 15]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Disclaimer:I do not own Naruto, nor any of the characters. This is purely for fun. blah blah blah...
so hopefully this chapter will reveal more about kiba's feelings, and a little about whats happened these past few years...
It had been a week since Kiba had last seen Hinata, on that bench with Naruto. He had been called up on a mission just a day after, and had only just returned. Akamaru was tired, but all Kiba wanted to do was get some food and maybe try to sort his head out. The strange feelings he had felt stirred within him that night had not gone away - as he had hoped - with the distractions of his mission. Outside Ichiraku Ramen he paused, hearing a familiar voice. “I s-swear, I’m not that hungry anyway N-naruto-kun, you finish mine.”
His heart did that annoying thing again. It fluttered. At the sound of her voice; just seeing her. It had been happening more and more regularly. Of course, he still hadn’t admitted to anyone, let alone himself, just what that meant. His stomach grumbled. Akamaru whined and looked up at him.
“Kiba-kun! Are y-you going to have some ramen with us?”
Hinata was standing behind him. He swung around, his face glowing with embarrassment. Naruto stood just behind her, grinning in his sometimes-idiotic way.
“Are…are you two on a date or something!?” Kiba barked out.
Hinata’s pale face flushed a bright crimson, and even Naruto seemed to get a little extra colour in his cheeks. They looked at each other shyly.
“Well I suppose that might be what you call it, but I’m just glad to be eating some ramen! And of course to have Hinata-chan keep me company and let me finish her bowl!” Naruto cried, turning back to get his third helping.
Hinata was still blushing as she went to follow Naruto back.
“Are you coming Kiba-kun? Akamaru-kun?” But as she turned to see if they were following, all she saw was the empty street. Must not have been hungry…, she thought to herself.

*

Kiba did not know why he had come to the training grounds. It was late afternoon by now, no one else would be around, and it’s not like he hadn’t been training enough anyway. That last mission had been gruelling, a lot if running, a lot of climbing, all to look for some spoilt rich girl who had run away from daddy. It was below he and Akamaru, that much was obvious. But he had accepted the mission all the same. He realised it was probably because he’d needed to escape.
But escape from what?
He punched one of the wooden and straw dummies, probably left behind by some poor group of genins, not knowing what they were getting themselves into. Again, he punched the dummy, harder this time, followed swiftly by a kick. But these were not punches and kicks to train. These were out of frustration. Hot tears began to prick at his eyes as he beat the dummy more ferociously. As he hit it, he began to think. To think back on the past few years, and why these emotions had begun to affect him. His thoughts trailed off as his hands, legs, body took over…

Summer. The first Summer since Naruto had left with Jiraiya for training. Kiba, Shino and Hinata were at the training grounds. They were meant to be preparing for their next mission, but the weather was so nice that none of them wanted to move. Akamaru napped under a small tree, and Shino wandered amongst the bushes, looking for bugs probably. Kiba sat with Hinata. She was humming, and twirling some flowers between her fingers, watching the petals intently. Kiba couldn’t help but watch. There was something about her he hadn’t noticed for a while. And then he saw it. That faint smile - that tiny flicker of her lips - as short and sweet as a summer rain-shower. His breath caught in his chest at that moment. Something about her had been so beautiful, so pure that it had taken him by surprise. He cleared his throat. “Weather’s nice.”
“Hai.”
“Barely any clouds…”
She nodded.
Akamaru took this moment to playfully bound over, jumping up onto Kiba’s lap. Hinata giggled at his antics, patting his head, rising, and then patting Kiba’s head.
That small gesture, even though it probably meant nothing to Hinata, stayed with Kiba from that day onwards. This tiny memory, slotted in with hundreds of others, this one always rose to the surface, a bittersweet memory of an innocent time.

Was that when this all started? Kiba thought to himself. That was 5 years ago now. Many things had happened since then. But the one big change was the way he had begun to act towards his team-mate. Hinata was quiet and kind, and he had always seen it as his duty to protect her, but in the past few years it had become more than his duty. He had wanted to be there by her side, to look after her, to care for her, to shield her from those who would do her harm. After Naruto left, he had watched her come out of herself more. He knew it was because of Naruto. He knew it was because she wanted to be more like Naruto.
Sometimes he wished it was because she wanted to be more like him.
When Naruto had returned, stronger and maybe a little wiser, Hinata had been overcome with joy. But still, Naruto hadn’t noticed her affection towards him. This made Kiba mad. At first he thought it was because he wanted Naruto and Hinata to be together. He knew that would make Hinata happy. But now that they did appear to be together, the feelings had not disappeared. They had gotten much worse.

*


The cool breeze swept through the grass and ruffled the Kiba’s already messy hair. His face was set in a grimace, his eyes set on the horizon, and the way home. The sun was setting, and soon it would be dark, and although he was not one to be afraid, he did not want to be caught out in the night. Akamaru trotted along beside him, sneaking a sideways glance at his companion now and again. Something was not quite right, and he knew it, could almost smell it on his friend. This feeling, this emotion emanating from the boy…this was new. He did not know whether he liked it. He looked up to Kiba’s face and noticed he blinked away tears. He barked. “You’re right, Akamaru. We’d best get a move on and get home.” Kiba replied, and they ran, into the growing darkness, back towards Konoha.

*

Kiba stomped into the apartment he shared with fellow team-mate Shino. He would not be home, he was always out nowadays. Akamaru curled up next to the small gas fire in their shared living room. Kiba’s breakfast plate from a week ago remained on the coffee table, just where he had left it. Shino was a neat freak, but refused to tidy up the scruffy Inuzuka’s mess. Begrudgingly Kiba picked it up and set it down in the sink. Then he pressed the button on the answering machine.
Kiba-kun! Shino-kun! Ino here. I’m having a party this Saturday, remember it’s my birthday! Everyone will be there so please come or I’ll kick your butts! Bye!
Damn, it was Saturday tomorrow. He would have to get Ino something, or there’d be hell to pay. He thought back to her birthday party last year and grimaced. He definitely did not want a repeat of that. Lee bringing Gai’s secret stash of sake combined with Ino’s low cut top ended up with him waking beside her in the morning. Imagine. His first time, and with Ino of all people. They’d never spoken about it either. Sometimes he wondered if he’d imagined the whole thing.
With a sigh, he stripped off and got into the shower, letting the hot water wash away his worries.

*

Hyuuga Hinata was a shy girl, by nature. And that was why she felt so wrong. Sakura had come over to the Hyuuga compound with Ino, to get ready for Ino’s party. It was being held at the Yamanaka house, in it’s large garden, filled with beautiful flowers.
Hinata stood in front of her full length mirror, taking in her reflection. Ino and Sakura smiled behind her. They’d make her wear it tonight if it was the last thing they did. They’d ditched her usual jacket and carted half their wardrobes to her house, and now they’d found the perfect outfit. It was simple, yet so different to her usual garb, it was sure to knock Naruto off his feet. A low cut, silk, lilac top over jeans. That was all. But she looked amazing, and Sakura and Ino both knew it.
“You have to wear it Hinata-chan! Now you know you look so pretty!”
The dark haired girl nodded, blushing slightly at the compliment, and hugged the two others, taking them by surprise.
“L-let’s go then!” She smiled.