TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Ashes, Ashes by TwistedOlivia

[Reviews - 3]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: I don't own Naruto.

Yeah, first fic. I love InoSaku. I dunno; their relationship is as easily transferrable into Yuri as SasuNaru is for Yaoi.

~

I'd begun to resent having to go to lunch for quite some time now. The ringing of that bell signalled that I was to endure yet another frustrating half an hour with Sakura and Lee. I felt the anger mushroom inside of me when I glanced across the hallway to see Mr. Bowlcut's jovial expression. He was no pervert, or anything Sakura would be ashamed of to be seen in public with. She even considered herself a friend of Sasuke and Shino, the queer couple a grade above us.

It's not so much that I don't like Lee.

It's that I HATED him.

Sakura was bouncing cheerfully down the stairs like a child half her age. It breaks my heart when they kiss. They're holding hands now. I'm standing there, forcing one of my "best friend" smiles, pretending that I'm happy for the cute couple.

And I'll admit they are cute.

But I wanted to kiss her. I wanted to hold her hand in mine and have her forever. I wanted Lee to play the Dyke Tyke for the happy Lesbian couple. Has he ever seen her cry? Has he ever...been what I had always been for her? Sakura was precious to me. She was my shining star - but each time I'd stare into those minty eyes, I knew there was nothing I could give to her that she would want. She looked at me and saw a friend.

I suppose that makes me a selfish person. But for once, let me have what I want. I don't care.

Sakura decided that we'd be having pizza that afternoon. My hate wasn't hungry, but agreed, knowing better than to go against the will of his queen. I said nothing. Anger had already consumed by body whole like the most malignant of cancers. You'll have that when you're jealous.

As our small party made its path to the restaurant, my favorite pink-haired lady chattered on about something that she and Lee had done over the long weekend, and how grateful she was that he was there to be with her. It was that very statement that brought my anger to a spike to sharp that it could have pierced solid stone. I wanted to tell her to shut up. But you don't tell your best friends to shut the fuck up.

I think I got my point across, though.

I ran away. I took my unrequited love and frustration with me. I ran and I ran and I ran. I ran to avoid her and him and everything that I couldn't give her. There's a king, a queen and...there's no more room for me.

For I am always doomed to be the Queen's maid, never the King.

///