TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Tarnished Hyalite by kiki15

[Reviews - 2]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Okay, it was originally supposed to be a one shot, butI recently found I can't do that, so here it is. I'm in a hurry this morning so grammer or spelling will be corrected later.
Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto.


Tarnished Hyalite


Key

*thinking*

"talking"

*thoughts progressing into speech"

'substitute for italics'

::scene change:: (more for my reference than anything else)

~POV~
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Summary: Lee found Sakura cheating on him with Sasuke, so now unconscious and burning up with fever, who will he turn to?


A commission for Akira_Hates_You_88. Thanks for giving me the chance to write this pairing! ^.^


Chapter One: Breaking Up, Breaking Him


~Lee~


::Konoha Streets::


The rain beat down hard upon my shoulders as I stumbled drunkenly down the road. The water making my weighted clothes even heavier, but that didn't matter now, nothing did. In fact, I felt like crying along with the sky, anything to rid myself of this terrible pain in my heart.


Betrayal.


*It's over...after everything, after all the nights we shared, after all the things I've given her, all the time...I won't say I can't believe it...I can believe it...and I hate it.*


We had been going out for somewhere around two years now, she had moved in with me sometime last year, and we were really happy, or so I thought. I suppose I was just too stupid to notice the little things. How she took so much time "shopping", running "errands", and numerous other obvious things.


*I'm such a fool.*


::Flashback, Lee and Sakura's house::


I let myself into the house quietly, laughing to myself a little. I was gonna surprise my love today, I had gotten her that beautiful dress she had been eyeing for awhile. It was near her birthday anyway, and I thought, why should she have to wait any longer? I'd just give it to her early.


I loved her enough to spend the last of the money I had for the month on it. It had cost alot, more than I would normally spend on anything, but this was for my love. I could afford to be strapped for cash until my next mission.


The silence in the kitchen made me wonder where she was, normally she'd be humming some little tune while making dinner. How was I supposed to know today wasn't a normal day?


I frown, turning my head to the side as I hear a slight moan from the bedrooms. Perhaps she was hurt? Or doing something naughty with the toys I bought her when I went on my week long mission? I didn't know, but I also didn't expect to find what I did when I opened the door.


"Unh, ah, ooh! Faster, Sasuke, oooh deeper!"


I don't scream, or go off into a rage like other men would when they both finally calmed enough to notice me. Sasuke stared, with what could be sympathy (or possibly disgust) in his eyes and Sakura started babbling.


"Oh my god Lee I'm so sorry, I just got so lonely without you here and Sasuke came by and...and...!"


I cut her off right there, laying the neatly wrapped gift on the nighttable beside her and bowing.


"I want no explanations Sakura-san, I know. Since you don't think me worthy enough to wait for, then I think we should split up. You may keep everything you own and the house as well, I will be back for my belongings later."


That said I turn and walk out of the room, not hearing her final words as she opens the box, not seeing the tears that decorate her rosy cheeks.


"Oh Lee...Lee...I'm so sorry..."


::End Flashback, Konoha Streets::


I cough, hard, feeling my ribs rattle together. If I was getting sick I didn't care, it's not like I had anywhere to go anyway. My vision was blurring before me. Was it water? Tears? I didn't know, these feelings tugging at my fragile heart blinded me. I don't hate her for what she'd done, but...


*I don't know...* is the last thing going through my head before I collapse. *I know not where I am now. Nor where I'm headed.*


~Author~


::Inuzuka Compound::


"Shiiiit...it's freaking cold 'and' wet this morning."


Morning found Kiba grumbling into his pillow. He really didn't want to get up and hear his mother's taunts about his sticky sheets again. It wasn't his fault he didn't have a mate yet, besides, the one he wanted to mark was already taken. Stupid Shikamaru stealing Ino from him. Grumbling even more, he gets up and gathers his sheets, heading for the laundry basket.


"Man. I'm glad it's my laundry week, if it wasn't I'd never live this down." Kiba mumbles to himself, stuffing his sheets under the clothes already in the basket and returning to his room to rummage through his closet. He'd get to the laundry later, right now he had some shopping to do before he took a shower for he needed some more sweet pea body wash. "I hope my favorite store has the kind I like. It'll be a pain in the ass to go across town if they don't."


Slipping his jacket on, he calls to Akamaru, the now horse sized dog bounding up beside him with his tongue lolling from the side of his mouth.


"Morning boy, ready to go?"


A yip and a lick of the hand is his affirmative as Kiba opens the compound gates, stepping out gracefully...and almost falling on his face as he stumbles over something.


"What the 'fuck' was that?!" he growls, getting up to brush himself off as Akamaru begins whining. "Hey, what's wrong?"


Upon looking down to see exactly what was disturbing the dog, he curses again as he sees Lee there in a puddle of rain.


"Fuckshit. He must've been out here all night in the cold..." he growls, bending down to the older man and looking him over. "The water's frozen around him, he's shivering so bad it's like he's seizing, his pulse is weak, and he has a bad fever."


*Damn, the hospital is too far away, with his temperature and pulse the way it is I can't make any sudden movements while carrying him. His breathing's too raspy.*


He picks the man up as slowly and as gently as possible to avoid jarring him, Lee now residing bridal style in his arms, head lolling like a broken puppet as deep coughs rack his body, the shivering not ceasing. Kiba hurries back into the compound, remembering that he forgot that the majority of the senior members were out on missions, and that Hana, as an ANBU Captain, wouldn't be home right now. She was probably out somewhere assassinating some unfortunate soul with her team.


Damn.


Another bout of coughs from Lee worries him more, so, upon setting the Jounin on his bed;
stripping him free of the wet and icy clothes despite his 'strong' desire not to, and finally wrapping him in a heavy blanket, he goes to run a hot bath.


Why was he getting so flustered over someone he didn't like?


"Damn his weights are heavy...Akamaru, go get a thermometer and check his temperature for me, use Beast Clone Jutsu."


A poof and a mirror image of Kiba is now in front of the original except it's eyes are more slitted.


"Right, master." Akamaru replies, his voice gruff as it should be, and he sprints off to find a human thermometer in this house of dogs. It wouldn't be good for one used by the shared clan to be used by an outsider, increased risk of more sickness.


A few minutes later finds Lee's temperature to be at an alarming 103.1 degrees, that was .9 degrees away from being deadly enough to dehydrate the man. Thus effectively voiding his warranty as a shinobi and forfeiting his life.


Damn again.


Kiba, supressing his groans at having to undress another man as much as he can while stripping the unconscious Lee, growls softly as he lowers him into the moderately hot bath.


"Why were you out there anyway Lee? I can smell the booze on you, but you don't normally drink. What happened?" he questions, not expecting an answer as he watches the color slowly return to the other man's skin, merely standing by to make sure that his head doesn't slip under.


Not that he recieved one, of course, at least, not from Lee.


"So 'that' one's your mate huh? Hm, not what I expected, but he'll do. Is he big where it counts?" a new voice murmurs from the doorway causally, it's owner leaning against the doorjamb.


"Mom!" Kiba yells, turning around to face the wild-haired woman known as Tsume, a fierce blush spread across his cheeks. "It's nothing like that! He was lying outside the compound when I went to go shopping this morning, he's running a bad fever! And you know I like Ino!"


"Is that so?" she asks, coming over and laying her right hand upon Lee's forehead, the other hand behind her back. "I see, so he does. Well, it's lucky I smelled the sickness while I was coming home, else I wouldn't have dragged Aki here with me." {1}


At these words, a timid mop of brown hair pops around the corner.


"I can come in now?" she asks, moving quickly at Tsume's nod. "What is his exact temperature? What was the condition you found him in? Are there any bruises marring his body whatsoever? How long do you believe he was outside? Does he show any signs of hypothermia?"


Throughout her questioning she puts her fingers to Lee's throat, checking his vitals, and her ear to his mouth, checking his breathing. Tsume sits on the side of the tub, watching her son carefully, making sure he wouldn't make any move to injure the nurse for touching 'his' mate.


Even if he did said he liked Ino, she could see the protectiveness in his stance over Lee.


Kiba growls, but only does that as he knows she is helping the sick man, deciphering the questions as quick as possible and firing back answers.


"One hundred and three point one. He was shivering like hell outside in a puddle of near frozen water. No. He was probably out there for most of the night if his soaked and frozen clothing was anything to go by. Fuck yes, shivering, raspy breathing, his pulse was almost non-exisistant, and he 'still' has a bad fever as you can see."


Aki frowns, returning her own answers.


"Get him out of this water immediately, direct heat isn't good for a hypothermia victim. He could go into shock. Put him in some dry, clean clothing. Wrap him in as many clean, heavy blankets as you can find, apply warm compresses to his chest, neck, and groin. If he's still cold even after that you may even have to sleep with him..." Kiba chokes at this, not that she notices. "...to help him regain his body heat."


The dog boy steels his resolve, nodding, he didn't want Lee to die...no, he wasn't even going to think like that. He drains the water from the tub, making sure that neither woman has a clear view of the body lying inside.


*I'm going to help you get well.* he thinks, telling the women to 'turn around' as he wraps the man in a towel, quickly drying him off and hurrying to the bedroom to find some clothes for him.


Tsume chuckles to herself, Aki soon joining in.


"He'll be alright, I'm certain your son will be like a mother hen for the next few days, yes?"


"Oh yeah, I believe he will. Maybe even more that that if he finally sees what I see."


::15 mins later::


~Kiba~


I guess I'll have to, the compresses don't seem to be doing much, and we only have two blankets.


I look down at the shivering man beneath the covers in my bed and sigh, crawling in beside him for a few minutes.


"If I can just stay here and keep him warm..." I think, my mind shutting down as Lee shifts towards the warmth my body provides. I whimper, resisting the urge to get out of the bed. This was for his benefit, not mine. It didn't matter if I was uncomfortable, he had to get well.


"Sakura..." he moans as his leg unconsciously brushes against my...you know...and I whimper again.


This would be a long week.