TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Shinobi of Destiny by Anacalyptic

[Reviews - 4]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: First Naruto Fic.
This is my first fic in awhile so don’t blame me if its horrible. I would like some constructive criticism not flames. Reviews would be nice I would like to get input from the readers on how they would like the story to play out in pairings. I will have a list of pairings at the footnotes of each of my chapters until chapter 3 or 4 depending on how the story develops. Just so people know I am not a Fan of the Naruto/Hinata pairing so I won’t write sorry to those Naruto/Hinata fans.

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto nor do I make any money off of this story. However if I did own Naruto, The pervy sage would make more appearances,

Enjoy!
_________________________________________________

The scene was something to be remembered by all who came across it that day fifteen years ago this day. It was the day that a young child was born into this world and with it the attack of the fearsome nine-tailed fox. Many Konoha shinobi were lost that day in an effort to destroy easily the most powerful demon to have ever lived. One of the best in all of Konoha was lost in sealing the demon fox inside of his own child. This man was none other than the Yondaime Hokage himself supposedly the most powerful Hokage to ever exist. His loss was a great shock to all of Konoha many knew that this would cause severe unstableness in all of Konoha.

This image was burned into the mind of a young chuunin of which he was the only remaining member of his team to walk this earth. His young face was masked up to the bridge of his nose while his ninja headband that proudly showed the symbol of the Village Hidden In the Leaves covered his left eye. His silver slightly spiky hair stood aloof as his only visible eye was widened in shock at the sight of his former sensei lying face down in the dirt obviously dead. He knew that his sensei was an extremely powerful ninja and to see him in his current state unnerved the young chuunin who now was deep in fear. The once serene forest was a scene of destruction; trees burning, bodies lying around unrecognizable by some of the severe injuries they had attained. In short it looked as if a massacre had taken place just moments prior.

The chuunin could only but turn and run away from the scene attempting to process what he had just seen. In his arms the only survivor of the massacre a baby boy with bright blond hair and deep sky blue eyes much like his fathers. The only difference was the whisker-like marks on his face and the seal on his stomach. The chuunin ran as fast as his feet could possibly take him, which was rather fast seeing that he was fourteen years old. He notified the elders of the village of the death of the Yondaime and his words that Naruto should be seen as a hero not a monster.

The whole ordeal played back in the mind of the sleeping jonin causing the shinobi to toss and turn the whole night until he woke up his visible eye shooting open and him rising rather quickly. He was drenched in a cold sweat as he put his face into the palms of his upturned hands trying to keep himself from overreacting to the memories that had just played out in his mind. He slowly moved his hand from his face his breathing, which had been gasping for air for a few seconds before huge deep breaths had finally stabilized, and the jonin looked over at his alarm clock to get a grip on what time it was. He noticed that it was 5:45 about fifteen minutes before he would normally slam his fist down on the snooze button of the “dreaded contraption” as he called it.

Deciding to get up after the shinobi had been debating within his mind to get up for about three minutes the one and only copy ninja, Kakashi Hatake, finally decided to get up a little early today. He turned off his alarm as he removed the soaked sheets from his after which he swung his legs over the edge of his bed he placed his feet on the cool floor and slowly stood up stretching without yawning. He then walked over to his bathroom opening the door while turning on his light before he walked in and looked at his reflection before he turned on his shower shortly after he closed the door.

Fifteen minutes later he reappeared from his bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist being his only covering his hair messy and not standing straight up slightly aloof like it normally did. He opened up his closet doors and picked out his normal attire with one exception to it which was whatever that was normally blue was now black and his vest was blue instead of green. He soon dried his hair with the towel and messed with it a bit in front of the mirror until it stayed in its normal state. Kakashi brushed his teeth and did some other appearance altering things such as shaving even though he has his face covered by a mask most of the time.

The copycat ninja walked out of his bathroom and entered his living inside of his apartment. He then moved to the kitchen and grabbed his keys slipping them into one of the pockets of his jacket before he grabbed his weapons pouch. He then walked out of his apartment the door locking behind him. He was for once not going to be late to his meeting with his two-team mates at least not late for once in his life. He began his trek across the vast city of Konoha at six thirty in the morning with his favorite book “Icha Icha Paradise” in his hand as he crossed from rooftop to rooftop reading.

In his mind the jonin was dreading the inevitable meeting with his so called rival simply known to many as Gai. It was more of a one-sided rival completely on Gai’s part simply because Kakashi really did see why he had to constantly prove his strength or superiority over him. Though sometimes he would lose some of theses ridiculous challenges. Actually the current standings are Kakashi fifty-one Gai forty-nine, which meant he held a slight edge over his “rival” and it also meant that he had lost to Gai forty-nine times severely meaning that Gai was better than him forty-nine percent of the time.

Whenever the scarecrow thought of this it made his eyebrows twitch into a small frown which could barely be seen under his mask, which he always wore. His mind went to other things as he continued to read his favorite book, which was no longer orange as the one most people saw him with it was a special edition with a black and white cover alternating from cover to spine to cover or for better clarification black covers white spine with white letters and the cover picture done in white lines. This version of his favorite book was very similar to the others but the writing had some extra flare and a seemingly young feel about it.

Kakashi found this edition of his book to be rather interesting and excellent as he considered all of the books of the “Icha Icha Paradise” to be. He smiled at some of the antics of certain longstanding characters in the serious he didn’t want to laugh and attract unwanted attention to his presence. He was supposed to meet with his team at seven o’clock to go over a few things with them. He really just wanted to touch base with them and when he just wanted to keep a strong relationship with them so they don’t defect like one of his former pupils did.

Arriving at the location that was specified by him he looked at his own watch to realize that he was about fifteen minutes early. This was something that was rare to see at all. He had even surprised himself with his arrival time and sure this would surprise his teammates which used to be his pupils during the time of their genin lives and until his student Sasuke defected. After Sasuke defected team seven was officially disbanded. Kakashi refused to allow this to happen to him more than once. He stood leaning against a tree at team seven's original meeting place when they were asked to speak about themselves.

Kakashi had a few flashbacks of his time as a student to the Yondaime. Those flashbacks mainly brought him to remember his teammates and compared them to team seven. Basically Obito was the Naruto of the group, He was the Sasuke of the group, and Rin was the Sakura of the group. Obito was always trying to get Rin's affection while Rin was always swooning over himself much like team seven in a way almost exactly. That was until one fateful day when his team was sent on a mission and an enemy took out Kakashi's left eye. Obito was crushed by a land slide and it was then that he admitted his feelings towards Rin and her finding out much to late began to cry as she was only swooning over Kakashi to get his attention. Obito gave Kakashi his remaining sharingan eye before he died. Kakashi broke out of his flashbacks to see two figures making their way towards himself.

The two figures he knew very well so much so that he could tell who they were from a distance without the use of his sharingan. Time had treated both Naruto and Sakura well as far as Kakashi could tell. Naruto had become a much smarter and more cunning ninja and now he could be seen as an excellent strategist. Sakura had insane strength due to her training with Tsunade, excellent chakra control, and highly developed medical skills. Naruto had grown visibly taller than Sakura and had matured somewhat while taking on a bit of Jiraya in his system while Sakura had become much more comfortable in her own skin and thus even more mature allowing her to say what Inner Sakura wants to say.

They were walking together smiling and laughing reminiscing of times long past such as Naruto attempting to give Sakura a hug before his training with Jiraya and he giving him a nice punch in the face. Naruto had his eyes closed with his hand on the back of his head with his signature smile on and Sakura was smiling as well as she looked up at the sky. The duo soon began to slow down a bit as they were rather close to the location that they first met. Naruto then opened his eyes to end up locking eyes with Sakura in a very interesting gaze. Soon after they broke it Naruto slightly red in the face Sakura wasn't exactly faring any better with the same shade of red on her face. It was kinda of funny in Kakashi's eyes when the both stopped and gawked at him in awe.

“No way... He's actually here on time...” Sakura and Naruto both said at the same time. The silver haired Jonin almost died of laughter that he fought so hard to contain but failed miserably drawing the attention of many bystanders who just happened to be walking past him at the time. Not only did it attract their attention it attracted the attention of his angry teammates mainly in the form of glares at his uncharacteristic laugh. Soon they heard his voice "Wow...The look on your faces was priceless." He said laughing even after he had finished his sentence soon after that a log with two kunai embedded within it was in his place. "Now now was that really necessary." The copycat said as he emerged from the tree he was standing in after using the replacement technique.
_____________________________________________

Pairings that reviewers will be voting on shall be shown here at the end of each chapter

Naruto/Sakura

Naruto/Anko (1)

Naruto/Ino

Naruto/Temari

Shikimaru/Ino

Shikimaru/Temari

Lee/Sakura (1)

Kiba/Hinata

Neji/Tenten

Shino/whoever you pick

Kakashi/Anko

Kakashi/Kurenai

Kakashi/Tsunade

Kakashi/Shizune (1)

Jiraya/Tsunade

No. in parenthesis is the current amount of votes for that particular pairing.

You all know what to do. Not much of a first chapter but with your input it can be a much greater story this story is open to suggestions so please give your input where ever you see fit. Flames are defecated upon.