TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Trigger by Abyssmyancestor

[Reviews - 1]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: A/N: Okay, I think I may have some idea what the hell i'm doing when posting things, so just bare with me if something looks off, kay. Tell me about it, but don't jump me. I'm still trying to work the damn add chapter thing.


Thank you fire fox 2000 for being my first reviewer! This chapter is dedicated to you!!!

Things you need to know:


Italics is brief flashback in this chapter. Just sos you knows.
“ What am I doing….” I looked up at Neji-niisan, clasping my arms to stop my trembling. I couldn’t believe what we were doing. It went against everything we were raised to do, but at the same time, it held up everything we had come to believe. It was confusing.


One week ago, Neji-niisan received a chakra sealed scroll from Sasuke Uchiha, the person we presumed would rather die than re-establish contact. Neji -niisan said the letter requested a meeting, one no one knew about but Neji. It said that Sasuke was going to take over Konoha, and wanted his help. It said he could either come to the meeting, ignore the letter, or give it to the authorities. Sasuke really didn’t care. Should he show any interest at all, he was to wait by the swing next to the old academy at half-past twelve.


Naturally, both me and Neji-niisan were stupefied with shock. Sasuke Uchiha, who had betrayed everyone, everything, for power and then ceased to exist for over 5 years, sends them a letter saying that he’s going to take over Konoha with Neji’s help? If that doesn’t kill a few brain cells, your brain dead already. Another thing that surprised me was how intrigued Neji was about this plan. He seemed to honestly like the idea. It was strange.


So, for the past week, we both had been trying to decide whether or not he should go. We looked at all the angles we could come up with. For our family, it would be bad. It would disgrace the name of Hyuuga, and un imaginable shame would be placed on him, and me for helping him, and we might be removed from the family. Another problem was Ten-ten and Lee. This would throw them both into a fit of anger and hurt. On the other hand, Konoha had changed for the worst. The newest Hokage was a bastard in every sense of the word. He was cold, and believed those who didn’t agree with everything he said should be imprisoned. There were even rumors that he had threatened the village elders into making him Hokage. Almost every time I had to report to that thing, I thought of how Naruto would have done a better job briefing, or would have come up with a better strategy. At least he would wish us luck and care if we came back.



Naruto had been hurt so much since Sasuke had left. I blamed most of the pain on Sasuke, but that wasn’t fair. It was the village that hurt Na-kun, the ignorant fools. Na-kun hid himself in the Uchiha mansion a lot. Me and Neji-niisan were the only ones in the village that knew where he hid himself. I didn’t really understand why Na-kun liked to hide there, but I had an inkling that Na-kun and Sasuke had been closer than even they themselves knew. Naruto was hurt more by Sasuke’s betrayal than anyone else, but no one seemed to realize it.


“ Hinata-chan… You can go back if you want. This is not something your obligated to do-”


“ Neji-Niisan, if I care about Na-kun and the honorable heritage of Konoha, I cannot change my mind now. Besides, if this is a trap, You will need some back-up. I doubt anyone would answer a call for help from someone who was about to betray Konoha.” He smiled softly at me.


As we got closer to the old academy, I began to grow more and more worried. Sasuke had said nothing about me coming along. There was no telling what he would do if he saw me…


Neji’s hand came to rest on my shoulder, squeezing comfortingly. I smiled up at him. Neji and me had become like brother and sister in the past two years. We had to spend much more time together, gotten to know one another better than ever thought possible. We had been put in the same chunnin division together, making it impossible for him to avoid me. We had to establish trust and an understanding of one another to gain any hope of succeeding on missions. It had done wonders for our friendship.


When we were about to turn the corner of the school, we both froze. A small flicker of chakra reached our senses. It was…terrifying. I don’t think I had ever been so disturbed by a single flicker of chakra in all my life. I looked up Neji, not comforted by his set jaw and the barely there tremble in his clenched fists. I swallowed the solid fear that had lodged itself in my throat and offered a small smile to Neji-neesan. If he found comfort in the smile, he didn’t show it. He walked forward, me trailing behind him.


Sasuke Uchiha was leaning casually against the tree that held Na-kun’s swing. He wore a simple black cloak, obscuring most other clothes underneath from my sight. His face had sharpened over the years and he was much taller than me. His eye’s were still dark and cold, but they seemed glazed over at the moment. His whole appearance was to portray calm relaxation, but he simply oozed threat. I was reminded of Shikamaru-san, minus he overly apparent…malice.


“ I see you brought a friend, Hyuuga.” His eye’s flitted to me, but I stared back with confidence. My spine straitened with the chill his gaze induced. “ I certainly hope this doesn’t mean you’ve decided to try and capture or kill me…” He looked back at Neji. Even though he seemed to think we were here to get him, his façade did not falter in the slightest. Neji snorted.


“ I don’t think we are quite that stupid, Uchiha. Hinata-chan has just decided she‘s just as interested as me.” Sasuke’s eye’s looked back at me, a slight trace of disbelief flickering over his eye’s.


“ Really, now…” His eye’s asked for explanation.


“ I hate what the village has turned into. Nothing is as it used to be, but no one is protesting. Konoha has enveloped itself into silent screaming at the injustices an the hatred being thrown around, yet no one does anything to stop it. It is disgusting and insulting. I’m sick of it.” My voice had wavered slightly when I said hatred, Na-chan’s hopeless and hurt eye’s flashing across my memory. My bottom lip trembled, but I held firm. Something told me that faltering or hesitation under his gaze would not be wise.


His head tilted slightly in a thoughtful manor. “ Riveting speech. Very accurate. I figured you’d show up as well, what with the sudden bond between you two.” He pushed himself from the tree, walking up to us slowly. His manor seemed to loose a tad-bit of it’s threat, but that could have just as easily been my own foolishness. “ To be honest, I was planning on offering you a position amongst my subordinates anyway. I just had to make sure I had Neji on my side first. The chances of you or his impressive team-mates joining me when he wouldn’t do it himself are miserable, if not non-existent.”


“ True.” I said, nodding.


“ Now, to business. What exactly are you proposing?” Neji said, staring evenly at the Uchiha. Sasuke stared back.


“ “ Hostile take over”, I suppose is the best way to explain it. I plan to gather the best ninja in this village and turn them against the current Hokage. Not by force of course, they can choose to stay on the Hokage’s side if they want, I couldn’t care less. I’m just offering because I’d hate to see such talent go to waste. I‘m declaring war on Konoha.”


Neji raised an eyebrow. “ You and what army?” Sasuke chuckled. Neji and I both stiffened at the icy sound.


“ The sound, the sand, and the mist have all sworn their allegiance to me. Hows that for an army.” I couldn’t help it, my jaw dropped. Neji’s eyes bugged out.


“ But, I thought Sand was our ally?” Uchiha smirked at my question.


“ That was before I met with Sabaku.” I stared.


“ How on earth did you gain the Mist's trust?” Neji asked, my head nodding automatically.


“ That was admittedly a bit more difficult. I did the only thing those barbarians respect, killed they’re leader and appointed one of my most trusted officials to his seat. Just as I plan to do here, minus the killing. I plan to strip him of all power and imprison him, after I get him to confess to all the shit he’s pulled behind everyone’s back in a public trial.” I noticed the sadistic gleam in his black eyes. It was then that the truth really sunk in. It didn’t matter what me and Neji-niisan chose to do. Uchiha was offering us a reprieve from death, or imprisonment. He was offering us a chance to avoid a bitter and unavoidable defeat. He had too many on his side to guarantee anything but failure to all those who appose him. Neji and I could say ‘fuck you’ and go tell the Hokage the whole thing, and it wouldn’t make a smidge of difference. That’s when a thought struck me at something he had said.


" I did the only thing those barbarians respect, killed they’re leader and appointed one of my most trusted officials to his seat. Just as I plan to do here, minus the killing.”


“ You killed Orochimaru, didn’t you?” He turned his cold gaze to me. I noticed the way his jaw set, just like Neji’s when he was nervous, but the Uchiha seemed angry. “ You keep referring to yourself, but, Orochimaru wouldn’t allow you to do something so drastic, would he?”


“ No, he wouldn‘t, because he‘s a worthless coward. I crushed that miserable excuse for a being as soon as I got that seal off of me.” he spat bitterly, like merely saying his name left a bad taste in his mouth. Neji moved in front of me, blocking me from his murderous gaze.


“ What do you plan to do with the residents of Konoha, and the elders? I highly doubt they will be willing to give up their home.” Sasuke’s eyes slipped back into they’re cold, bored stare.


“ None of them will be harmed. I guarantee it. The only thing truly hostile about this take over, is it will require us to force our way into the city. Other than that, things will be dealt with peacefully. No one will be actually removed from the city, except the Hokage. He will be dealt with in the sound.”


“ If everything’s going to be done peacefully, why not just try and get the Hokage removed within our laws? Why take over?” He smirked.


“ The Hokage isn’t the only thing that needs to be dealt with, and besides, if I don’t do it now with a good reason, I’ll take over later because I’m bored.” The fact that he could actually do that disturbed me much more than the smirk on his face ever will. The arrogance reminded me of the old Sasuke of team 7. I guess he hadn’t been completely stamped out, had he? “ So, what say you?” Sasuke pulled out a scroll, unrolling it and handing it to the Hyuuga. Neji-niisan looked at me questioningly. I nodded slowly back.


“ Uchiha, this better not be a load of bullshit…” Neji-niisan threatened, pressing his thumb against the binding scroll. A small thumb print became visible in black ink almost as soon as Neji-niisan pulled his finger away. I did the same, ignoring the slight searing sensation it left on my thumb. Neji-niisan handed the scroll back to Sasuke, his gaze level with Sasuke’s. Sasuke only smirked.


“ Welcome to the ranks.” He bowed, before disappearing. Neji gave me a worried look, his jaw setting.


“ Lets hope this wasn’t a mistake.” I looked back up at him and smiled.


“ I don’t think it was.”


-------------------------------------------------

A/N: Now that the second chapter is out, there will be a little waiting time, unfortunately. All of this was done in the span of two nights. Literally. I slept until the sun went down and stayed up all through the night. People are starting to think I’m a vampire. Haha Anyway, just hang tight. My lack of things to do in general has been pushing my writings. I have 2 other stories I’m working on, one of which you guys will probably see in a couple weeks. Depends on how my motivation holds out.