TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Two Worlds by KageDaime07

[Reviews - 1]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Disclaimer: All characters in my story do not belong to me. With the exception of Sakura's father, whom we don't exactly see in the manga/anime.. hmm? But if he ever shows up, then I don't own him either.
"I think this color is better."

Haruno Sakura held up a maroon placemat, scrutinizing it for a moment and then glancing at her housekeeper, who was arranging the silverware on the table.

"Shouldn't it contrast with the table cloth?"

"Sakura-san," her housekeeper said, ignoring the question. "These things do not matter. It's the food that's important, which is delicious by the way."

Sakura laughed and carefully arranged the placemats then proceeded to help her housekeeper set the plates.

"Thanks. But tonight is a very important night for me and everything has to be perfect."

"Really? What's the occasion?"

"I am gonna introduce Daddy to my new boyfriend."

Her housekeeper looked at her, half-believing what she heard.

"Won't your dad get mad for keeping it from him?"

"No worries. He knows."

The housekeeper looked at her suspiciously, then went and took the wine glasses, only to come back and begin arranging it.

"So who is this boyfriend of yours? Is he kind? Is he sweet? Is he tall? Is he.. cute?"

Sakura giggled a bit and then smirked at her housekepper.

"You'll see."

------------------------

Uchiha Sasuke had just come out of the shower and was inspecting the clothes laid out on his bed. There was his favorite navy blue polo and his black jeans. Then he looked at his leather shoes, all shiny and new, by his bedroom door. Slowly, he began dressing himself.

When he finished, he examined himself in the mirror, fixing his hair at the same time. When he was satisfied with himself, he took a deep breath and gave a long sigh.

"Tonight is the night."

Sasuke fixed his hair one last time, then hurried out the door. Pulling out of the garage in his black convertible, he made his way to the Harunos' home.

------------------------

"Yes, sir. I'll arrange a meeting for next week. Bye."

Haruno-san hung up the phone and rubbed his temples. Being the CEO of one of the major architectural companies in Japan, migraines were as common as the paperwork his secretary piles on top of his desk. Sighing, he went out of his office and headed to the restroom. Near the entrance, he could hear the janitor amidst one of his usual ruckus, playing a pretend game. This time, it sounded like he was a policeman shooting down suspects.

He was about to go in when a blast of water hit him square in the face and then the janitor began wiping it with a dirty towel.

"Sumimasen, Haruno-san. I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing."

"That's alright, Naruto." Haruno-san sighed, pushing the dirty towel away. Then taking out a handkerchief from his pocket, began wiping his face again.

"It seems the day is never complete without our bumping into each other." Haruno-san says, putting the handkerchief back in his pocket. Naruto chuckled nervously, scratching the back of his head.

"Well..." Naruto trailed off, unsure of what to say next.

An awkward silence hung in the air as both of them stood in place, Haruno-san watching Naruto as he looked around, avoiding his eyes.

"May I go about my business now?" Haruno-san finally asked.

"Oh!" Naruto bowed courteously and extended his arm, an invitation to enter the restroom. Haruno-san smiled and nodded, then rolled his eyes when his back was to him.

Naruto tiptoed out of the restroom. Safely outside, he released his breath and wiped his brow.

------------------------

"Dad! You're early!"

Sakura ran to the doorway and kissed her dad on the cheek.

"Well, if I want to prepare myself in time to meet my daughter's boyfriend, I'd better be."

Sakura laughed and took off his coat, placing it on the coat rack. She was about to escort her father upstairs when the doorbell rang. She looked at her dad, who looked back at her. He shrugged and went to open the door.

He's early, Sakura thought to herself.

"Uchiha Sasuke! Why, I should've known!"

"Konbanwa, Haruno-san," Sasuke greeted, bowing in respect. He greeted Sakura too and handed her the bouquet of roses he held, which she reluctantly accepted.

"You've been courting my daughter since college and now she finally said yes!" Haruno-san said happily.

"Oh.. umm, really?" Sasuke asked, oblivious to what he said.

Haruno-san laughed at his reaction but in the back of his mind, he was wondering why it seemed that this was the first time Sasuke heard the news.

"Sakura, invite your boyfriend in for dinner."

Sakura nodded politely at her father. Sasuke smiled inwardly, thinking that he now understood the situation.

Perhaps Sakura was supposed to answer me after dinner. Maybe she told her dad she was going to, and he couldn't help spreading the great news. I knew it. Tonight was the night.

But Sasuke's spirits were quickly dampened.

"Come in!" Sakura blissfully said, looking over Sasuke's shoulders.

He turned around, confused, and when he saw the person standing by the gate, his eyebrows furrowed. He turned to Haruno-san, whose eyes were wide with surprise.

"Naruto?!"

"Konbanwa, Haruno-san... sir."

------------------------

At the dinner table, Haruno-san was deep in conversation with Sasuke. Sakura was helping Naruto, properly arranging the silverware that he kept playing with and placing the napkin he held tightly in his hands onto his lap.

"So Sasuke, what are your plans for the future?" Haruno-san asked.

"Well, by the time my contract with your company is finished, which will be a few years from now, I'm going to start my own architectural company. Just like yours. Perhaps we can collaborate someday."

"That's wonderful! I'm sure you'll pull it off. You were born for these kinds of things: management, entrepeneurship, you know, the leader of your own troop." Haruno-san said, patting Sasuke in the back.

Then he turned to Naruto and asked him the same question.

"Umm, I'm not too sure. I just need to raise a sufficient amount of money so I can finish my education."

Haruno-san frowned but Naruto went on, unaware of the disapproving look directed towards him.

"I've always wanted to become an engineer but as of now, I guess I have to stick with being a janitor."

Haruno-san gave a small nod but kept quiet, making sure not to utter the many callous remarks he had to say. When the housekeeper laid out the food on the table, Haruno-san invited everyone to eat, to which they all accepted. Sakura attended to Naruto once more, placing a piece of chicken on his plate.

"Sakura, is your boyfriend an invalid that you always have to do everything for him?" Haruno-san asked, a hint of annoyance in his voice.

"I-It's okay, Sakura. I can... do it myself." Naruto said softly as he gave a discreet glance at everyone on the table.

Catching Naruto's eye, Sasuke smirked at him, sending a clear message:

You're my competition? No doubt, Sakura will soon be mine.

------------------------

After dinner, Naruto and Sakura went to the garden outside just to have some privacy for themselves.

"Naruto, I'm really sorry about what my dad said earlier. I'm sure he didn't mean to insult you." Sakura said, holding Naruto's hand.

"That's alright," he replied, tightening his grasp.

Almost immediately, he let go and began feeling his pockets. "I have something for you," he says.

He took out a small red box covered in velvet and opened it, revealing a silver ring. There wasn't any fancy stone on it. Under the stars, however, the moonlight made the ring's simplicity stand out, making it all the more beautiful.

"I'm not committing to you yet," Naruto explained, putting the ring on her finger. "Because saying you're committed is easy. It's keeping the commitment that's the hard part. And I'll admit that I'm not ready for that yet. Not until I know that I can give you the life you truly deserve."

Sakura was deeply touched. She felt her eyes water and she tried to blink them back but they still fell, despite her effort. Naruto wiped them away and continued speaking.

"This ring is just my small way of saying I love you. I love you."

"And I love you too." Sakura said, smiling. Her tears were falling even more now. She hugged Naruto, unwilling to let go of this precious moment and this precious man who made her the happiest woman in the world. No words could describe the contentment she feels in his arms. She could stay this way forever and not give a care in the world.

Meanwhile, up in the balcony of his room, Haruno-san was keeping a close eye on the both of them, watching their every move.

------------------------

AN: I know it's kinda short. And I didn't know who else could play the role of Naruto's rival, so I just made it Sasuke. But anyway, hope you enjoyed! More updates coming real soon.