TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Sands of Time by XenaAdamana

[Reviews - 8]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Not much going on, just some training.

Konichiwa: Hello
Ogenki desu-ka? - How are you?
Genki-desu: I'm fine.
Anata wa? - And you?
Watashi-mo, genki-desu: I'm fine, too.
Idun gave Xena her lunch and smiled. Xena gave her sister a small smile and took it.
"Good luck, Xena. Do well."
"I will, aneki."
With that, Xena pushed her senbon into her holder and left.

She walked alone, thinking about her new attacks that she had made up. Her clan jutsus would never be taught to her because... well...
Xena's hands curled into fists. Just the thought of that night got her roaring mad, and when she mad she wasn't a good person to be around. Her sensei, Masaru, appeared in front of her.
"Ah, Ohayo Masaru-sensei!" Xena said happily.
"Ohayo Xena, you're early today."
"I guess I'm just really excited."
Xena began to think about her team. Both of the shinobi were strong, one loud, one normal. Her first teammate, Kenta, arrived. He bounded by them, then turned and came back. His deep red hair fell across his shoulders. Xena had strong bonds with both her teammates, but for him, Xena was the greatest.
"H-Hello Xena-chan..." Kenta said quietly for once.
"Konichiwa Kenta-san. Ogenki desu-ka?"
"Genki-desu. Anata wa?"
"Watashi-mo, genki-desu."
Kenta nodded and turned to Masaru. The two began talking. A few seconds later, their final team member came up. Xena began blushing and turned away to wait for it to subside.
"Hello Xena-chan." A masculine rang out.
Xena shivered as a hand was placed on her shoulder. She turned around to see her favorite shinobi staring back at her.
"H-Hello Zephyr-kun..."
The boy known as Zephyr pushed a strand of white hair out of his face and smirked.
Xena loved when he made that little smirk of his.
"Everyone pay attention."
Masaru caught their attention.
"We're training with Baki's team today."
Kenta's eyes lit up.
"Really?"
"I wouldn't lie to you." Masaru sighed.
Zephyr and Xena nodded and followed their sensei to the training grounds.

As soon as they got there, the two teams were split into pairs. Xena wound up with Kankurou, someone she could stand. The two came together.
"What's up, Kankurou?" She asked.
"Nothing much. Just working on my puppet."
"Karasu?"
"No, a different one."
"Interesting..."
Xena watched Kankurou toy with the puppet in his hand.
"Hey Kankurou."
"Yeah?"
"Do you think you could teach me how to fight with a puppet?"
Kankurou felt a blush creeping into his cheeks and grabbed a handfull of sand.
"I could... try..."
"Oi, Kankurou!" Temari called.
Both looked up. Zephyr followed her over.
"The Kazekage needed us for something."
Kankurou noticed that Gaara was standing more to himself than usual. Xena also noticed and went over.
"Hello Gaara-kun."
"Hn."
"Gaara-kun, are you okay?"
Gaara turned away from her. Xena put a hand on his shoulder.
"Gaara-kun, you don't have to go."
Gaara turned away and began walking. Xena's shoulders slumped and she went back to the group. Even though they were walking, Xena felt as if time was standing still. As they approached the Kazekage, all of them bowed.
"Where is my other son?!" He boomed.
Before Temari or Kankurou could speak up, Xena said,
"He's doing a task for Baki-sensei."
Baki nodded in agreement and the Kazekage snorted.
"Anyway, I would like you all to meet Orochimaru-sama."
A man that looked stunningly like a snake walked out. He cast a glance at Xena and smirked evilly. Xena could sense the dark chakra emanating from him and refused to move.
"We will be overtaking Konoha with him."
Xena's blood ran cold. Konoha. Her old home. Memories started flooding back.

~
"Sasuke-kun! You have to throw it like this!"
"Xena, I don't have senbon. Kunai are heavier."
"Oh... sorry."
~

~
"Neji-kun!"
Neji turned his white eyes toward her, "You still wish to spar with me?"
"I do."
The boy's sad face broke into a smile and he raised his palms.
"Let's go."
~

Xena shook her head vigorously. Orochimaru cast her a glance and she shot a cold glare back at him. Zephyr could sense the tension between the two. It was his ability, to sense emotions.
"What's up with you?" He whispered.
"N-Nothing. Just shut up and leave me alone."
"You are dismissed!"
Xena grabbed her stuff and left, Temari hot on her heels.
"You wanna do something today?"
"Eh, I don't see why not."
Kankurou appeared behind them.
"Wanna train for the Chuunin exams?"
"What?! We're going?!" Xena yelled, turning to Kankurou.
"Y-Yeah, that was the point of that whole meeting."
"Oh..."
She cast a glance to Kenta who was whooping happily about their progress, Zephyr was laughing at his enthusiasm. Xena smiled her first genuine smile in a long time.
"Alright, let's train!"